[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys ever realize that almost every topic on this board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Behemoth.jpg (677KB, 850x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Behemoth.jpg
677KB, 850x1110px
Do you guys ever realize that almost every topic on this board is about us caring about people that don't exist? They are not even real and yet we care when they suffer or if they die. Sometimes I think our minds create a universe where that fictional universe is now real. In that case, billions of people suffer horrible deaths. Why does this affect me so much? What about you anons?
>>
>>94639314
Meh. I gave them the power to fix it, so why worry?
>>
File: 1488188634730.jpg (98KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1488188634730.jpg
98KB, 456x386px
>>94639314
>>
>>94639843
OP here. just asking. why does anyone care if a character dies when he/she was never alive to begin with? think about it. it's not like it matters at all. all the people who hate on SU for steven act as is if he's real when they complain about him. comic book writers create life and can take it away. who's to say we're not thought up and that all of this is the plot to someone's big idea?
>>
>>94641421
Well, duh.
>>
forgot to mention
>pic semi related
>>
>>94639314
People care about fiction! News at 11!
>>
>>94641488
I know. for some autistic reason, if i'm watching a show, i'll just be like "damn, why do I care? this isn't real"
I know someone's going to say "Well stop watching cartoons" but I really enjoy them. i'm a mess
>>
>>94639314
I think a better question is, what's the difference between us and people who obsess over celebrities they'll never ever have meaningful contact with, or compulsively follow sports teams.
>>
>>94642381
There is a big difference between art and sports entertainment.
>>
File: themultiversityultrac48shb.jpg (223KB, 896x768px) Image search: [Google]
themultiversityultrac48shb.jpg
223KB, 896x768px
In many ways these characters are more "real" than us.

How many people know who Superman is?

How many people know who you are?

Who has had a bigger effect on the world? You or Superman?
>>
I can guarantee we aren't an elaborate cartoon made by aliens or something because human beings are so damn boring compared to cartoon characters
>>
>>94639314
Escapism
>>
>>94639314
Read Animal Man and get over it.
>>
File: 0030.jpg (27KB, 876x256px) Image search: [Google]
0030.jpg
27KB, 876x256px
>>
File: Hypercrisis - 0002.jpg (776KB, 1338x4386px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis - 0002.jpg
776KB, 1338x4386px
>>
>>94639314
Probably something called empathy I guess, you see stuff happen to characters, we react as we do. Probably it relates to you, maybe it shows you something new, maybe you shouldn't get turned on by that rape scene or maybe you see yourself in that one character. We get invested in the strangest of things really.
>>
>>94639314
Why do you care about what I think anon? why do you care since I may or may not exist
Maybe this website is just a dream and youre lying in a coma
>>
OP is literally an attention seeking faggot and you faggots are giving her attention.
>>
>>94642898
There absolutely is not. It's marveling at other's achievements.
>>
Someone post the Mxyzptlk page.
>>
>>94641421
le reddit poster smoked salvia and thinks he had some existential breakthrough. He now wants to know why we like fiction and if we're living in someone else's fiction.

I honestly hate people like you. 17 years old, if not younger, and under the belief that your thoughts are revolutionary or even exploratory.

This is the worst place to ask why people "care when a character dies." People on 4chan hate when someone dies because the stories end up sucking. People elsewhere care for characters.

Nobody here cares that Wolverine died, rather that the stories attempting to be wolverine stories aren't. Reddit, tumblr, twitter; those are places where the actual death of the character mattered emotionally to people. And in that case it's very easily explained with:>>94644407
>>
File: 1494505491575.png (107KB, 644x952px) Image search: [Google]
1494505491575.png
107KB, 644x952px
>>94639314
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.