[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer characters to have their classic costumes in continuity,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: BMINC_2_14_600-horz.jpg (543KB, 1244x936px) Image search: [Google]
BMINC_2_14_600-horz.jpg
543KB, 1244x936px
Do you prefer characters to have their classic costumes in continuity, or do you like it when they're replaced with more modernized versions?
>>
black cape bat was fitting for TAS

everything else I prefer the right
>>
File: osc-superman1-660x660.jpg (148KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
osc-superman1-660x660.jpg
148KB, 660x660px
>>94638757
Depends on the costume.
I'm not a fan of tacticool/practicool for most characters though.
I like my Superheroes flamboyant most the time.
Though I think that Batman would work best with Blue's Costume in Black's colorscheme and logo. ....so just give him the Trunks is what I'm saying.
>>
It depends on the character.

For some characters like Batman and Ironman with a heavy reliance on tech, it makes sense for their outfit/costume/armor/uniform to change whenever they get new tech.

For others like Superman and Spider-Man, I prefer classics.
>>
>>94638757
classic, you can't beat it
>>
>>94638757
Classic. Superman and Batman look objectively better with the trunks and belts.
>>
I think people are misreading the OP. I think he's asking if you prefer it when old stories are retroactively changed to have the new costume.

My answer to that is a resounding no
>>
>>94638757
You can modernize something. Just make it look good.
>>
>>94638807
fpbp.
>>
>>94640662
Yeah, that.
i dislike the erasure of the old costumes from history
>>
>>94638757
I like it when older costumes are still canon and show up in flashbacks.

Before the reboot, Year One-era Batman would have the black bat and pouch belt, then flashbacks to around the time Babs was operating as Batgirl would feature Batman in the yellow-oval/capsule-belt suit, and current-day post-NML stuff would be back to the Year-One suit. Grayson's legless Robin costume was canon. So was the DiscoDick Nightwing suit. Green Arrow's Silver Age costume with the red gloves was canon The green torso part of Hal Jordan's costume extending below his waist was canon in flashbacks.

I dunno, it always felt like neat little Easter eggs here and there. Like, little details that the creators were paying attention to, but they never drew too much attention to it. They would just slip it in there.

I miss that.
>>
>>94638757
costumes are dumb.
but then so are all capeshit
>>
Basically what >>94639019 said.
I prefer classic costumes or slightly changes on the heroes (unless it's a really crappy costume) with the exception of the ones whose power comes from the costume or the costume is part of the character's defenses etc.
>>
>>94638757
I prefer they have the costume they originally had
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.