[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>current cut of the movie called "unwatchable" >Whedon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 35

File: leaguepromoheader.jpg (101KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
leaguepromoheader.jpg
101KB, 640x404px
>current cut of the movie called "unwatchable"
>Whedon reported to be extensively reworking Snyder's stuff

Should we be worried?
>>
Whedon is trying to save this dumpster fire.
>>
>>94636536
>>
>>94636506
So the bastard child of Age of Ultron and BvS. No thanks.
>>
>>94636536
tv doesn't think so.
>>
>>94636556
/tv/ worships Michael Bay, thinks BvS is the greatest movie ever, and unirionically likes the Star Wars prequels.

Nothing they say should be taken seriously.
>>
>>94636506
>Unwatchable
So it's a masterpiece that the suits don't understand the appeal of?
>>
>>94636506
Rumors say original cut ended on a cliffhanger with Darkseid's arrival. Whedon hated it, as he hates Empire Strikes Back
>>
>>94636581
What if I hate Michael Bay, think BvS was just ok, and unironically like the Star Wars prequels?
>>
>>94636624
Well, you're better than /tv/, but that isn't anything to brag about.
>>
I heard Whedon is changing the ending, making it more of a story of the League vs Steppenwolf and less of a set-up for Darkseid

but that's a "reported rumor" type story so I don't know what to believe
>>
So, what makes DC movies different from Marvel movies now? They have the same directors, the same CGI studios, the same artists.
>>
Based on reports, Whedon is

>Adding more humor.
>Adding more character interactions.
>Reworking Cyborg's characterization.
>Changing the ending.
>>
>>94636655
Good. Whedon is a smart man. The movie should stand on it's own instead of being an advertisement for the next one.

Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2, BvS, and TASM2 all suffered from trying to be advertisements for other films
>>
All these rumors are fucking retarded. All Whedon did was oversee reshoots, reshoots that were already decided before he was hired.

Snyder already has a script, an editor and a director of photography. Whedon isn't recutting the movie, he's not reworking the script, and the look of the movie comes from the director of photography, not Whedon.

All these rumors are completely made up projections trying to make a bigger deal out of Whedon's hiring than it actually is. The biggest thing a director on a big budget movie does is hire and oversee the staff, and here the staff is already there.
>>
>>94636774
It's cute that you actually believe that.
>>
>>94636758
I agree. Movies that take place in cinematic universes need to learn to make their movies standalone rather than setups. The Mummy should have been standalone rather than setting up the Dark Universe. At least MoS was standalone for it's first entry in the DCEU.
>>
File: 1471418366236.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1471418366236.png
10KB, 429x410px
>>94636655
>I heard Whedon is changing the ending, making it more of a story of the League vs Steppenwolf and less of a set-up for Darkseid

That's dumb as hell but I can totally believe Snyder would do that. Yes, that makes perfect sense. So, then, not only would Justice League 1 end on a pointless cliffhanger, it would ALSO completely blow the DCEU's Darkseid load after only the barest possible buildup one and a half movies prior. Yes, that sounds exactly like the sort of fuckery Snyder would get up to.
>>
>>94636774

Affleck said Whedon's shit is noticeably different than Hack Snyder
>>
File: sleep tight super.png (263KB, 615x411px) Image search: [Google]
sleep tight super.png
263KB, 615x411px
why are they having such a hard time?

why is it all going wrong?

they've got the biggest, most well known superheros in all of pop culture and they can't do anything but shit the bed

why

WHY
>>
>>94636735
>Reworking Cyborg's characterization.

I hope this means adding more "booyah"
>>
>>94636506

Only if you think DC has a chance at putting out a watchable movie.
>>
>>94636506
That's literally an unconfirmed rumor.
>>
File: IMG_3376.jpg (34KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3376.jpg
34KB, 640x617px
>>94636506

This barrage of DCEU clickbait is pathetic. It's like there's a quota for their to bad news about that franchise every week and from the shittiest sources.
>>
I don't trust any of these "insider sources" seeing how they fail to report that Synder left the project till it was already announced.
>>
>>94637109
I know right? Snyder had to make a statement that he was leaving so "insiders" wouldn't come up with an agenda behind his departure.
>>
>>94636774
The fucking crew said that they are changing Cyborg.
>>
If the plot is the "we need to travel the globe finding pieces of the motherbox" bullshit then there is no way to salvage any of it. That's some Michael Bay TMNT plot bullshit.
>>
>>94636536
>implying
The current cut IS Whedon's cut.
>>
>>94636614
Ome of the changes Whedon made was putting the cliffhanger in.
>>
>>94636506
>>94638560
There's only so much you can do to salvage a Snyder film. It probably has more convoluted bloat than BvS.
>>
Look, it doesn't matter if the movie is unwatchable or not. The actual quality of the movie won't change the volume or fervency of its defense.
>>
>>94636581
To be fair the third one is actually better than Return of Jedi.
>>
>>94636536
Ahahahahahaha
>>
>>94637025
I feel you, bro. I grew up with these characters, and for years I've been waiting for a DC cinematic universe. Now four films in, and all I feel is ambivalence. WW was good, but 1/4 is not a great track record.

Seriously, I like Marvel and all - but they have shitty villains (with a few exceptions) and way fewer iconic characters and story lines, yet for some reason WB/DC can't get their shit together. It's almost unbelievable.
>>
>>94639402
I'm gonna have to strongly disagree on that one. ROTJ was weak outside of the Luke/Vader stuff, but still far better than any of the prequels. ROTS was only somewhat better than the two dumpster fires that came before it. But to each their own, I guess.
>>
>>94638851
On the contrary, there seems to be an inverse relationship between the quality of a Zack Snyder movie and the level of craziness in the defense it inspires. Like, for example, have you ever seen the sorts of people that defend Sucker Punch? They are fucking unhinged, it's amazing.
>>
>>94637045
Less actually.
The Snyder version trailer had a peppy Cyborg
The newest one by Whedon had Cyborg talking like an autist to Alfred
>>
>>94636983
>pointless cliffhanger, it would ALSO completely blow the DCEU's Darkseid load after only the barest possible buildup one and a half movies prior. Yes, that sounds exactly like the sort of fuckery Snyder would get up to.
I want to be constantly teased and be disinterested when he finally arrives
>>
>>94639402
I know this is a popular opinion about Prequel apologists but I have to disagree.
RotS is terrible through and through.
The dialogue is just utterly atrocious and things just happen to make cool things appear on screen.
The only scene that really works for me is the Order 66 scene
>>
> more quips
>>
>>94639734
ROTS is only worth seeing to watch Ian McDiermid devour the scenery in the last third of the movie.
>>
>>94638605
You got a source on that? Because reports say the exact opposite
>>
I'm curious.
http://www.strawpoll.me/13701747
>>
File: can't grieve the sheev.jpg (3KB, 124x103px) Image search: [Google]
can't grieve the sheev.jpg
3KB, 124x103px
>>94639796
Oh yes
If you watch it to enjoy Ian McDiarmid ham it the fuck up and love it, then yeah, it's great
Watch the opera scene and count how many times he turns his head to dramatically reveal something. He just keeps doing it.

But yeah, unless you're making fun of it, it's not very enjoyable
>>
>>94636506
>Latest DCEU movie starts getting tons of clickbait articles about how it's all a disaster
>Should we be worried?

No. Judge the movie by its own merits, not by what some fucking Hollywood gossip site claims with no verifiable evidence. If anything, I'd be more concerned with whether or not Whedon's reshoots will ruin the movie.
>>
/co/ how would you start the DCEU if you were in charge? Would you do a Superman movie? A Batman movie? And how would the JL roster under your vision
>>
>>94639906
Whedon.
Snyder is absolutely terrible at plotting out a whole movie on his own, but he's the best at making single scenes into visually stunning vignettes.
>>
>>94636506

Hey Marvel Intern, your weekday counterpart already tried this and just got himself banned.

Don't you faggots ever read your inter-office memos?
>>
Well last time we have fake news about this movie they were debunked within 24 hours, so no, you shouldn't
>>
>Wonder Woman is a mess
>>
>>94636774
Don't even try it, these guys will believe whatever they want to believe, especially after wonder woman crushing most of the MCU
>>
>>94639924
>Mimic Marvel
>Quips everywhere
>Fifteen movies before Justice League
>Nothing really matters because they just build up to the next movie, even status quo changes don't really add anything since it's just superficial change
>Did I mention quips?
>>
>>94636506
>Should we be worried?

When the hell weren't you?
>>
>>94636506
its going to be jump cutted to hell just like b vs s
dc cant edit for shit and they always pick shit directors at first and have to re shoot the entire movie
>>
>>94636506
>>94636655
>>94636774
>>94636878
>>94637082
>>94637107
>>94637109
>>94639918
>>94640151

You know they said the same things about wonder Woman
I remember all the fucking morons on this board and over on /tv/ talking shit about wonder woman because some """intern""" claimed that "wonder woman is a disaster" and "complete mess"

While I don't think this movie is going to be 10/10 fantastic, I don't see it being it being Suicide Squad tier terrible. A conservative estimate is probably Avengers 2 tier, minus all the quips
>>
>>94636735
Recall me again when was the last time Cyborg had any characterization, beside football memes and pizza?
>>
>>94636728
DC has the memes.
>>
>>94636506
No. Precisely becasue
>Whedon reported to be extensively reworking Snyder's stuff
He and Johns are the only way this movie is any good.
>>
>>94636536
It needs some rocket robots on semis. Maybe Anita should give some advice?
>>
>>94636774
>Snyderfags still in full denial
Sad really.
>>
>>94637025
>they've got the biggest, most well known superheros in all of pop culture and they can't do anything but shit the bed
They're not using them though.
They're using shitty remakes of them.
People want classic charming Superman. They're given a brooding whining "realistic" deconstruction man.
And yeah, some contrarians here are gonna say that's valid take on the character.
They're gonna say that it's completely reasonable to have a version of the DC Universe that's somber and serious and where victories are tainted with compromise to reflect the grey and ambiguous nature of our real world..
And guess what?
They're right.
That is a valid take.
It 100% is.

But being valid isn't the same as being good.
Simply being valid isn't enough to win people over. It was never going to be, it never will be, and what's more, it never should be.
>>
File: o-ZACK-SNYDER-facebook.jpg (306KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-ZACK-SNYDER-facebook.jpg
306KB, 2000x1000px
>>94640627
I feel like there's a difference between the two, though, and that's mostly pic related. Despite all the rumors, Patty Jenkins was kind of an unknown quantity, and so there was no telling just what her movie would be like until it was out. On the other hand, we KNOW what it looks like when Snyder tries to make a DC movie. We have two examples of them. I think some of the worry is justified. And even if you're like >>94640753 and have faith in Whedon, there's still the very real danger that the end product is a horrible Frankenstein, a disjointed patchwork of a movie that's not really Whedon, not really Snyder, and somehow worse than either of them could do by themselves.
>>
>>94636581
didn't they also come up with brap-posting?
>>
>>94640805
You're also forgetting the obvious.
People thought Wonder Woman was going to be shit because up until its release it looked like it was going to be done in the vein of the rest of Snyder's DCEU. Nobody seriously thought they'd soft retcon the "Wonder Woman turns her back on humanity" part, for example, because the movie had to work as a prequel to BvS.
Wonder Woman ended up being a surprise hit largely because it followed what DCEU fags consistently deride as "formula". Because, you know, NOT depressing your audience is actually a good way to get ahead.
>>
>>94640805
>somehow worse than either of them could do by themselves.
I find it very hard to believe that it could be worse than BvS.
>>
>>94640914
People also threw in a lot of utterly irrelevant shit into their reasons why it'd fail too
Like Diana's body type. Now there was a complaint that got old before BvS even came out.
>>
>>94640914

And it's depressing to see that formula giving what people what want: a mediocre movie with flashy visuals and little actual substance.
>>
File: a1.png (261KB, 1389x548px) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
261KB, 1389x548px
Of course I'm worried, it's not like this is like the 500 instance of fake news surrounding this franchise, like the fake news about Affleck leaving hours before the DCEU panel in SDCC. I think this time it's over for DC
>>
>>94640995
On the one hand, I actually loved Wonder Woman and do in fact feel like it had some substance.

On the other hand, it really does need to be stressed that these movies are about comic book superheroes. If I want to watch a complex movie that disturbs me and makes me question my previously held assumptions, I'll go watch, like, The Pianist or something. That's not why I go to matinees in the summer.
>>
File: 1459882688345.gif (557KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
1459882688345.gif
557KB, 500x212px
>>94639951

god damn man

every criticism of DC has to be met with "S-SH-SHUT UP FUCKING MARVEL REEEEE"

And the sad part is, Marvel doesn't even have to be competitive because DC is just continuously shooting themselves in the foot and then bringing back Snyder to shit it up once more.
>>
>>94640995
Hey it works for the MCU!
>>
>>94636506
not Faraci source so it's nothing but fake news
>>
>>94641030
You don't really have anything to go on with your "criticism" since you haven't seen the movie and basing your whole argument on the Janitor over hearing a conversation or some shit.

The old "My friend'd dad works at EA" nonsense that you see console warriors use.
I mean it worked so well with Wonder Woman right? Remember the shit show that was. You dumbasses never learn, you have the fucking memories of goldfish
>>
>>94641056

Go to bed Mr. President
>>
>>94640995
as opposed to a terrible movie with shit visuals and no actual substance like BvS?
>>
>>94641028
>On the other hand, it really does need to be stressed that these movies are about comic book superheroes

God forbid we ever dare to do more with the genre when we can just churn out brainless action comedies.
>>
>>94640961
There exist worse CBM than BvS, so its certainly imaginable.
>>
File: 14909418246833.png (112KB, 1284x286px) Image search: [Google]
14909418246833.png
112KB, 1284x286px
>>94641083
>you have the fucking memories of goldfish
That's what screencaps are for
>>
File: 1470795875723.gif (2MB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
1470795875723.gif
2MB, 540x230px
>>94641083
>you haven't seen the movie

I saw Zack Snyder's previous suckfest, and that's all I need to see

expecting him to do a 180 and suddenly pull off an enjoyable movie is expecting too much

I'm sure before Whedon came aboard, he probably had something like a scene of Steppenwolf shitting on Batman's doorstep and then murdering Alfred with a bomb, followed by a commercial for Justice League 2
>>
>>94641106
are you a complete idiot or just addicted to shitposting
>>
File: 14909418247249.png (319KB, 1868x604px) Image search: [Google]
14909418247249.png
319KB, 1868x604px
>>94641123
I mean, we've been through this quite a few times and MCU fanboys consistently proved themselves to be the dumbest, worst fanbase ever and that's the only reason this clickbait fake news articles even exist, because they bring the clicks from these people
>>
>>94641145
You know, more than being good or bad or any level of quality, BvS is just fucking WEIRD. It's a deeply strange movie with lots of very odd bits in it. On one level I'm a little amazed it got released.
>>
>>94641166

Probably some Amy Pascal type idiots who were like "Batman + Superman in a movie = 500 trillion in expected profits!" and weren't concerned with making a GOOD movie
>>
>>94640796
underrated post
>>
>>94636581
the star wars prequels are miles ahead of disneys current cancer
>>
File: edm intensifies.webm (3MB, 1280x542px) Image search: [Google]
edm intensifies.webm
3MB, 1280x542px
>>94641288
>>
>>94641166
>Weird

Because it doesn't hold you by the hand and spoonfeed you everything while cracking jokes every five minutes to make sure there never any real dramatic gravitas to anything?
>>
>>94641308
>implying the buildup to the yoda fight scene with dooku was't pure hype.
>>
>>94641354
Not him but it is just a weird movie. On a side note, do you know what a vagina feels like?
>>
>>94641288
No it isnt. How can you even compare a finished trilogy to 1 movie?
>>
>>94641391
>Implying the entirety of episode 2 wasn't shit
>>
>>94637337
>giving one character more jokes means they are changing the whole movies
>somehow means Snyder didnt already okay these changes and decide on the reshoost before leaving

Cyborg literally said Whedon is just finishing up for Snyder.
>>
>>94637005
no source, faggot.
>>
>>94639613
You are the only one here who seems unhinged buddy--in your feverish attempt to seem superior to a made up strawman you completely misunderstood what that anon was saying.
>>
>>94640914
they didnt retcon anything you complete idiot
>>
>>94641444
jesus christ what an immature faggot you are
>>
>>94641633
>someone calls movie weird
>BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAVE QUIPS RIGHT?!? HUH HUH
real mature
>>
>>94641354
>Because it doesn't hold you by the hand and spoonfeed you everything

but it totally fucking did in NUMEROUS instances, like pic related

Or how he made them say Martha like 20 times before the infamous Martha scene, and then JUST IN CASE you're too retarded to piece it together, it's literally spelled out for you

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?
>It's his mother's name.

Like Jesus fuck, the movie really insults your intelligence with half of this shit
>>
>>94636506
>DC making a frankenfilm again when doing that killed Green Lantern to fucking death
>>
>>94636506
Does anyone else think Cyborg with hair is stupid?

I mean I know bald cyborg is just a TTAS thing but the hair never looks like it sticks out beyond the metal on the other side of his head so it looks like they crafted the metal to be a little bit bigger to be flush with his hair which means if you shaved his head there's either some extra metal or a gap.
>>
>>94641750
I'm pretty sure they showed the death scene more than fox does the magneto chain scene.
>>
>>94641782
I find the fact that he's an awkward CGI transformers abomination more unnerving.
>>
>>94641782

I'm just more mad about the design choice for it. I would prefer more of the old school Robocop aesthetic over whatever the fuck video game vomit shit suit they gave him in this movie

But, to be fair I think all of the DCEU costumes except for Wonder Woman look awful. I can't believe what they did with Flash and The Joker
>>
>>94641827
You know what's sad? Robocop looks sturdier than Cyborg. Even the new Robocop.
>>
File: Green Lantern2.jpg (29KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern2.jpg
29KB, 500x290px
>>94641827
They have finally found a hero look worse than Banconator Lantern.
>>
>>94641750
But that's not spoonfeeding
>>
>>94641868
BvS is a movie made for Potatoes.
>>
>>94641868
What's your definition of spoonfeeding?
I only ask because in these threads the definition of terms is loose as fuck.
>>
>>94641886
Just know that you are getting into murky water with these dcfags.
>>
>>94641900
This.
Someone is going to whip out their 30 page diatribe on Snyderkino at some point.
>>
>>94641859
Fucking hell Ryan Reynolds is actually kind of a goofy-looking guy, isn't he? I mean he's pretty handsome but there's something inescapable about how he looks that makes it really hard for me to take him seriously. He's like Channing Tatum in that regard. But it made him a good choice for Deadpool.
>>
File: Green Lantern.jpg (306KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern.jpg
306KB, 640x480px
>>94641908
That costume would make Clint Eastwood look like a ridiculous ass clown.
>>
>Screenrant rumors

And I say this as largely a marvel fanboy: Come on now...
>>
>>94641886
Whatever a die hard Snyderfag like him says in the response here will hold no water 3 posts later, just don't even bother with these tards. You even can tell them you enjoyed the movie but if you imply it's not the greatest achievement in pop entertainment you're a permanently wrong brainded marvelcuck.
>>
File: banner.png (268KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
banner.png
268KB, 366x380px
>>94641923

I wish every movie costume didn't have all these stupid lines all over them

fucking why? why would you put those there?
>>
I can't imagine what they'll come up with when Wonder Woman beats Civil War in the US. I mean if they're making shit up like this when the movie hit $400M, when it beats an Avengers movie they'll probably dig up Snyder's daughter or something
>>
File: Flash Justice League.jpg (72KB, 768x988px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Justice League.jpg
72KB, 768x988px
>>94641946
It's called "Trying so hard not to look silly that you go all the way back around and end up looking Completely Ridiculous."
>>
So how much Lois will have to be shoved in to make dream Flash's warning make any sense?
>>
>>94641927
Whos bosslogic and what's screenrants obsession over him
>>
>>94641900
I really wish you'd differentiate between DCEU fags and DCfags. They're not the same groups.
>>
>>94641987
Yeah sorry my bad.
>>
>>94641987
Generally I think you just assume it based on the thread, unless there's a lot of discussion crossing between the mediums.
>>
So how did they make Wonder Women watchable but fuck up in everything else?
>>
>>94641968
>when
It made 1.5 million this weekend, dropping 30% each week.

So unless it's in theaters another 5 months, that really doesn't seem too likely.

Why do foreigners hate this movie, btw?
>>
>>94642021
best timeline?
>>
>>94642021
They didn't use a meme director.
>>
File: test.png (776KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
776KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>94642021
Literally different time period and different director. Third act still suffered though apparently.
>>
File: 1464055704045.png (600KB, 714x726px) Image search: [Google]
1464055704045.png
600KB, 714x726px
>>94641975

>LOIS!
>LOIS LANE!
>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?
>SHE'S THE KEY!
>>
>>94642049
>Why do foreigners hate this movie, btw?
They don't, $400M overseas is fantastic too. It's just it's not "going to beat an Avengers movie with Spider-Man" tier amazing numbers
>>
>>94636983
>>94637025

The problem is, DC is trying to play catch up to Marvel who has been at this for years. They want to bring the same thunder and they want to bring it now. Marvel, for all it's flaws, took it's fucking time. Ironman 1&2, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor were all stand alone's aside from cameo's. We didn't even see an infinity stone till Captain America. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 was it's own seperate thing running paralell to the other shit.

Ironically it's the films that bring all these individual stories together that they and Whedon shit the bed on - the first Avengers was decently done, but Age of Ultron and Civil War shit the bed despite being carried by some stand out character moments, mostly due to poor direction or meddling. I'm not terribly optimistic for the movies moving foreward cause everything has to tickle that unified world dick now.

Team up movies should come once ever 3-5 years, max.
>>
File: Trevor Pine.jpg (101KB, 1079x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Trevor Pine.jpg
101KB, 1079x1066px
>>94642021
Good News: they finally found their Tony Stark.

Bad News: he died in a plane crash in the early 1900's.

I imagine a room full of writers are trying to figure out how he got frozen/time displaced/beamed into the 21st century.
>>
>>94642136
Flashpoint, Flashpoint everything, like Jimmy Olsen.
>>
File: 1377322745363.jpg (60KB, 320x312px) Image search: [Google]
1377322745363.jpg
60KB, 320x312px
>>94642126
>but Age of Ultron and Civil War shit the bed

They have excellent audience scores and well over a billion dollars box office each. Define "shit the bed".
>>
>>94636536

FPBP
>>
>>94642136
how can we get Trevor Winter Soldier'd?

he was chosen by a lantern ring just before the plane blew up and saved himself, somehow did not age and changed his name to Hal Jordan
>>
File: when ezra miller came too soon.png (290KB, 655x322px) Image search: [Google]
when ezra miller came too soon.png
290KB, 655x322px
>>94642181

DUDE FLASHPOINT LMAO
>>
>>94642181
Goyer has asked me to accept less plausible things.
>>
>>94636983
>le final boss meme
Boring. It's better that they just get all the good stories out before the genre crashes.
>>
>>94642126
What would Civil War's success have looked like?
3 billion dollarydoos and a 105% audience score?
>>
>>94642163
>>94642225
>audience score

Inertia is a fucking thing and you know it. The Dark Knight Rises did exceptional despite being the worst of the 3 Nolan films. The response trending downward. Part of it is fatigue with us being inundated with this shit, part of it is dumbass Whedonism like the Barren snafu
>>
>>94641886

Spoonfeeding generally tends to be the movie blatantly explaining an obvious plot point to the audience with zero subtlety, something which the Martha thing clearly isn't. Bruce having a flashback of his father and mother dying isn't spoonfeeding. Neither is visiting their graves. Batman also has an entire legitimate reason to ask why Superman would mention what he perceives to be his own mother's name because he doesn't know Superman is Clark Kent. If "Martha" was spoonfeeding, you would get like two or three scenes of both Clark and Bruce inserting DID YOU KNOW MY MOTHER'S NAME IS MARTHA? into the conversation.

As for the Justice League cameos, those aren't spoonfeeding either. Blatant sequel tease for sure, but not spoonfeeding, since it's there simply to establish the fact that Lex has been spying on metahumans for a long time, which in turn gives credibility to the fact that he can know the true identities of both Batman and Superman, thus allowing him to manipulate them both for the past year.
>>
>>94642126
AoU was their ESB, the tea got separated and they learned of the imminent danger of the infinity stones. sadly they were too busy with Ultron to take it all in and Thor jsut left without throwing more info dump.

Civil War was fantastic, what are you talking about?
>>
>>94642258
Superheroes fighting Superheroes because of canned heat is dumb and always will be dumb. Civil War was an aweful comic arc.
>>
File: 1459822617429.png (288KB, 539x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459822617429.png
288KB, 539x300px
>>94642247

I don't agree with any of that shit
>>
>>94642300

Well okay.
>>
>>94642279
if you think civil war was avengers 2.5 then you missed the point of the movie and the character arc. it's very in-character for Steve to disobey to save the innocent (bucky). he was always very selfless and throwing away his title and shield for what's right was the pinacle of his character arc.
It's like he said early in the movie
>"We Try To Save As Many People As We Can. Sometimes That Doesn't Mean Everybody, but you don't give up"
Steve couldn't save Stark from knowing the truth about his parents, threw away his shield but didn't give up on his team.
>>
>>94642279
Some of it was kind of ham-fisted, but the overall topic made sense, vigilantism isn't exactly highly praised in real life, course we also don't have super powers. As I recall some bounty hunters really fucked up an attempt at a car dealership a short while ago.
>>
>>94642247
Martha borders on being a deus ex on Batman because he just simply stops his rampage and now mourns Supes, bullshit.

Lex investigating meta humans was at the very least believable but the following scene with Diana checking the videos was just blatant spoonfeeding and frankly, on the nose. don't forget Lex also made them cute little logos.
>>
>>94642444
How will they address Lex knowing all their identities?
>>
File: IMG_0479.jpg (30KB, 607x647px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0479.jpg
30KB, 607x647px
>>94636735
>adding humor
Aw fuck. It's just going to be mindless sarcastic banter. Let's not kid ourselves.
>>
>>94642444

Batman is very much defined by the murders of his parents, so being triggered like that is entirely plausible and believable. And he doesn't just give up immediately, he gets angry and confused and starts demanding to know why Superman would say the name. It's only when Lois appears to explain it that he steps down and throws away his helmet and the spear, and that's because he realizes that he's become his own worst nightmare. Up until that point he has never even tried to see Superman as anything but an alien being into what he's projected all his fears and anger into, while rejecting any information that would counter his one-sided and biased view of Superman because he's let fear control him.

And you don't think Batman would mourn and want to honor a man who saved him from going the deep and and save the fucking world, showing he was basically a better man than Bruce was because he never let the darkness consume him? Come on!
>>
>>94642477
you want the league to do open mic night? quips only have to alleviate the situation and don't take too much time.

>I got a fucking flying monster whale chasing me, why did you take so long? did y'all stop for burgers?
>>
File: 1472443852989.jpg (9KB, 213x224px) Image search: [Google]
1472443852989.jpg
9KB, 213x224px
>>94642505

dude

WE GET IT
>>
I think a problem with DCEU fans is they don't understand that asking why something was done can have multiple meanings.
It's not why did this happen as in >Why did you make this creative choice I don't understand it
it's >What in the world possessed you to think this was a good idea?
We GET why Snyder did what he does. We're asking why anyone would think these were smart decisions to make in the first place.
>>
File: bat-burger.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bat-burger.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>94642510
Bat-burgers old chum.
>>
>>94642543

Well why are they supposedly bad ideas? Other than "well I don't like it"
>>
>>94641391
The Yoda fightscenes were shit and Yoda should've never been seen wielding a lightsabre.
>>
>>94642558

Having the pee in a jar scene in a bad idea, it's just so crass and over-the-top

Luthor should be more classy than making a pee jar, but that's not what Snyder chose to go with

Stuff like that, it's hard to argue that they weren't bad ideas
>>
>>94642558
Shooting Jimmy Olsen in the face as a funny easter egg was a bad idea.
>>
>>94642591

The pee jar thing is Lex literally using the Senator's own words to say a final fuck you to her just before she gets killed. That's classic petty Lex Luthor. It doesn't even have to be actual piss, just a jar labelled in a way that signals her that Lex is about to do something.
>>
>>94642603

If you're a Jimmy fan, sure. I'll grant that. But it's not like Jimmy ever dds anything to the movies and it's a very minor thing, hardly ruins the entire movie. From a creative point I agree with Snyder, it made for a shocking opening.
>>
>>94636506
You should be fucking terrified.
>>
>>94636506
>Snyder
Why do they keep on hiring this hack?
>>
>>94640759
>It needs some rocket robots on semis
Fuck you, loved that scene. The hate for Age of Ultron simply make no sense.
>>
>>94636774
>the look of the movie comes from the director of photography
What? A DP is told how to make the scene look by the director in the first place. No director will just leave the DP to do whatever they want, that's why directors can have distinct looks on their films even with different DPs.
>>
>>94642708

his wife is a WB movie executive or something

he can literally make a movie about a pee in a jar and still get work on big budget blockbusters afterward
>>
>>94642646
>hardly ruins the entire movie
it ruins Superman, you'd think he'd care about his best pal getting shot. the guy could have been a nameless goon but instead the hack names him Jimmy Olsen, that's a total "fuck you" to comic book fans in a comic book movie.
>>
>>94636506
>getting the blind to fix the dumb

Yeah it's fucked
>>
>>94642558
Ultimately a lot of the bad ideas boil down to a misunderstanding as to what humanizing a character means. Yes, you can humanize a character by showing their human frailties and weaknesses, their emotional turmoil or crises of faith. That's certainly a way to go.
But that doesn't endear the character. It just makes them a pitiable (at best) and annoying at worse. It's very hard to sell the butt monkey to people.
For example, Whereas Snyder seeks to humanize Superman by focusing on his angst because that's relatable, a different creative (indeed many of them) would humanize Superman by having hum do some mundane feats using his powers. To wit, pacing when he's nervous but going on the ceiling like he did once or twice in Lois and Clark, or playing fetch with his dog and hurling the ball too far because he's used too much of his strength. Little things like that ENDEAR Clark to the audience, because it's things we may do with those kinds of powers.
And that's the problem. Too many failures to endure these characters to the audience in lieu of more darkness and grey morality. You can dismiss stuff like that as trivial or filler, but you need it. It serves a purpose. Too many people flat out don't CARE if Superman dies. That's a sign of a problem in constructing your protagonist.

But I'm guessing you'll just respond "why" to that, so having said that, I could also ask the same. Why are they good ideas? Because they're different?
>>
>>94642646
>But it's not like Jimmy ever dds anything to the movies
It's strange how so many people can defend the deeper meaning and symbolism in Snyder's work but can't understand the symbolism or narrative importance of Superman having a human friend that's neither a vigilante or someone he's sticking his dick in.
ESPECIALLY in a universe where the central theme seems to be "Superman can't fit in with humanity because he's an alien". Jimmy's more relevant than ever before. Which is the real reason he had to die; Superman can't be a lonely sad sack if he's actually got friends.
>>
>>94642722
It makes perfect sense.
Normies like it so 4chan has to hate it.
The second anything gets popular this site decides its verboten and shit.
>>
>>94642789

Clark has his loved ones to serve as his grounding anchor. Jimmy is entirely redundant in that regard. You're exaggerating the significance of Jimmy. Lois alone is far more important than Jimmy when it comes to human relationships with Superman, always has been. Superman doesn't flip out and become dictator if a human friend like Jimmy dies, but he does so immediately when Lois kicks the bucket. This has been an established trope for years in the comics and cartoons.
>>
>>94642833
>Clark has his loved ones to serve as his grounding anchor. Jimmy is entirely redundant in that regard.
He's outside of that. That's the point.
He's not a "coworker" in the sense that he's another superhero, and he's not a part of Clark's family. He's a completely unrelated platonic third party. He's an everyman.
Lois is TOO close to him for the kind of dynamic I'm talking about.
>>
>>94641946
I'm not sure about the lines, but there actually are some crazy reasons why costumes are the way they are.

In the ST reboot films for example, the reason all the uniforms are so stupidly detailed is because of digital rights reasons, since paramount and viacom own different parts of the rights. So they're stupid detailed to be out of copywrite range.
>>
Imagine being Whedon:
>take over for a buddy who's going through some ruff shit
>just want to finish it the way he intended, don't even want your name on it
>you get it done but the execs think it sucks and order you to rework it in your style
>picture the wounded look of betrayal your friend will give you, even though you only entered the project for his sake
JUST
>>
>>94641288
I wasn't a fan of TFA but it was much better than the prequels
>>
>>94642850

But the movies have never needed that dynamic. Not even the current ones. Superman isn't struggling to fit in. He was struggling to come to terms with the realities and consequences of being a superhero, i.e. he can't control everything and he might actually just make matters worse by interfering on conflicts. Jimmy wouldn't be able to to anything about that.
>>
>JL is going to be a horrible rape baby of Snyder and Whedon

oh boy here we go
>>
>>94642936
The only two human Clark cares about have vaginas. His adopted dad was something of a weird asshole, and since he never knew Jimmy or anyone else that we know of he doesn't give a shit about friends.
>>
>>94643028

So he explicitly needs someone with a dick to care about, is that it?
>>
>>94640974
What was considered wrong with Diana's body type?
>>
>>94643041
Couldn't hurt, all he has is a human fleshlight and a childhood doll basically. Why should he give more than 2 shits about humans?
>>
>>94642722
It sort of makes sense, in my opinion. It was fun in the theaters but I've literally never wanted to watch it again, whereas I saw Avengers 1 multiple times and watched Civil War on Netflix when it came out. It's been too long for me to make an actual detailed analysis with well-reasoned argument or whatever, but it just felt like it was missing something. The Avengers saved the day, sure, but it wasn't an ultimate "and they all lived happily ever after" sort of victory. Quickslav died, sure, but aside from that it wasn't really "the Avengers staved off ultimate defeat a little longer, but their situation is as bleak as it's ever been!" It wasn't a triumphant team-up, nor was it the darkest before the dawn set-up for Infinity War.
It straddled the line too much, and just sort of existed as the next Avengers movie. It colored inside the lines. As much as people can meme about muh quips and Marveldrones and shit, the Avengers finally assembling in New York City made you feel some kind of way. Both the shot of them all standing together back-to-back and the tracking shot all over the city stuck with you. It was a big fucking deal. AoU didn't really have that.
>>
>>94642936
>Superman isn't struggling to fit in
Oh for fucks sakes after Man of Steel everyone was talking about how brilliant the "Welcome to the Planet" line was and now it's about how smart "You are my world" is. Clark's standing apart from humanity in these movies has been a thing. Why are we suddenly pretending its not?

> He was struggling to come to terms with the realities and consequences of being a superhero, i.e. he can't control everything and he might actually just make matters worse by interfering on conflicts. Jimmy wouldn't be able to to anything about that.
He could give him the Hitman speech. This Clark fucking NEEDS that speech.
>>
>>94643109
>Clark's standing apart from humanity in these movies has been a thing.

As Superman. Not in his civilian life as Clark Kent.
>>
>>94636624
For me, it was all about jar jar. His clumsiness was SO funny, I laughed for weeks.
>>
>>94638560
>>94638729
That worries me. Avengers was very weakly edited - editing isn't Whedon's strong suit. If he was able to direct and write it from ground up, maybe then.
>>
File: 1500154082256.png (277KB, 1389x683px) Image search: [Google]
1500154082256.png
277KB, 1389x683px
>it's over for DC guys this unsourced rumour is the real deal forget about the other 300 unsourced rumours that were bullshit
Must be tiring
>>
>Should we be worried
Why? We all knew it would be shit from the beginning, what is there to be worried about? I wish /tv/ would take their threads about shit movies to their board.
>>
>>94643177
Here's a sourced one. It will be shit. The source is the fact that the last 10 cape shit movies have been.
>>
File: gcww.jpg (48KB, 476x666px) Image search: [Google]
gcww.jpg
48KB, 476x666px
>>94643060

Some people wanted an actress with a body type similar to Gina Carano's
>>
>>94643138
>Not in his civilian life as Clark Kent.
We barely got any of that.
And hey, Jimmy Olsen is called Superman's pal. Not Clark Kent's pal. So there you go. You actually reminded me of another important distinction in their dynamic. Whereas Lois and Martha Kent see Clark, Jimmy sees Superman; he isn't aware of the dichotomy.
And when BvS literally starts with "Mankind is introduced to Superman", yeah, how an every-man schlub views the invincible alien and wants to be his friend despite the destruction of the last movie, would've been worthwhile to explore.
>>
>>94643200
Dayum. While I would not have complained about that, I still think they made an excellent choice.
>>
>>94643200
is... is this photoshop? this has to be photoshop
>>
>>94636506
You still believe in the Disney PR machine? Same shit happen to the fucking WW, same shit happen to BvS

If WB was smart they would let Synder cut be the official movie but no...

Just like BvS they mess it up and a 8/10 movie turned to be a 4/10 because of that horrible first act cuts and other shit
>>
>>94642472
lex is certifiably cuckoobananas.
>>
File: gina-carano-weigh-in[1].jpg (520KB, 800x1125px) Image search: [Google]
gina-carano-weigh-in[1].jpg
520KB, 800x1125px
>>94643251
Yeah this is her actual physique. Still...
>>
source or fuck off
>>
>>94640914
>Nobody seriously thought they'd soft retcon the "Wonder Woman turns her back on humanity"
they didn't retcon it, its a continuity error, really.
it wasn't explained what she was doing or when during the 100 year gap
>>
>>94643177
Still a pretty pyrrhic victory for the DChads. A female director and a female hero had to pull the franchise out of the nosedive that Snyder-God with his "artistic vision" had put it in. Guess all the weight-lifting and self-serious macho bullshit didn't work out.
How does that feel, I wonder?
>>
>>94643209

Jimmy couldn't have that role in BvS because Superman isn't one to have relationships in the movies. Superman to Clark is a rescue worker uniform that he wears until he goes back to living his normal civilian life. He doesn't want it to become anything else, he wants to help people but not make Superman be anything more than that, it is a tool under which he can do his thing without risking his identity.
>>
>>94643200
I would not take this movie seriously if she went dressed like that.
suddenly Diana not being bulletproof and blocking everything with her gauntets and shield makes sense.
>>
>>94639924
I'd do a team up JL film (starro or something like the comics, a threat that requires a team)
and then branch out and do solo films from there.
some prequels, some sequels.
For example, in that scenario, the Flash and GL films would be set before the JL movie, but the Superman and Batman films would be after it.

the JL movie should be the trunk of the tree, and the branches are the solo hero movies.

Marvel is the reverse, and thats needed because before the MCU all the Marvel characters except Spidey were C and D list, whereas the JL is A and B listers (everyone knows Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman [though people knew little ABOUT Diana])
Aquaman is a "joke" people know of and people have heard of Flash. idk about GL
>>
>>94643200
carano has a fugly face, and Diana's powers are magic anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 825x464px
>>94636624
WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST
>>
>>94636581
you can't possibly like or think the phantom menace is a good movie
>>
>>94643430
>Jimmy couldn't have that role in BvS because Superman isn't one to have relationships in the movies
That's the core of one of the complaints, yes.
>>
>>94643503
>>94636624
>>
>>94643353
>How does that feel, I wonder?
Seeing a Wonder Woman solo movie beating a Spider-Man v Iron Man flick? I don't know, it's weird. I'm enjoying the aftermath of the BTFO here on /co/ though
>>
>>94642126
Another flaw that's creeping up is the death of the civilian part of the heroes. While on first films it's there and works, the sequels and team films however, murder any day to day mundane of the heroes that added to a level of charm. We need to see that human side to sympathize with them and see them as more than just some cookie cutter savior. It's what made Iron-man work, it's what made Captain America and Ant-man work, we got a life out of them that was bigger than just the heroes exploits.
>>
>>94643533
I don't think it's that big of a surprise in retrospect.
The last 3 Spider-Man movies sucked. That must have damaged the brand somewhat. Furthermore there was some blatantly false advertisement going on, with them acting like Iron Man would actually be in the movie for more than 10 minutes.

Also you can't discount the novelty and power of finally having a female superhero in a leading role in her own film.
I'm pretty sure Black Panther will receive a similar push from the African-American community and outperform Spider-Man too.
>>
>>94642126
But Civil War was good. Better than it had any right to be.
>>
>>94643718
over half the post you link are talking about somthing else
>>
>>94643805
Shh, he thinks he's important.
>>
>>94643582
>Also you can't discount the novelty and power of finally having a female superhero in a leading role in her own film.
And the novelty of it being actually good, since there's never been a female superhero movie that was even decent before.
>>
>>94643582
>Also you can't discount the novelty and power of finally having a female superhero in a leading role in her own film.
I can, really. Whatever effect those preconceptions about the movie had, they played into the opening weekend numbers. Those were fine, exceeded industry and studio expectations, but the massive success of this movie was on her legs and that's only because the movie was good and the word of mouth kept the theaters full
>>
>>94644248
pretty much this. People went in for the curiousity of a female superhero.
They returned for the comfy period piece and good characters in the movie.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.