[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys watch when you're feeling depressed or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: 1467941884290.jpg (112KB, 811x1039px)
1467941884290.jpg
112KB, 811x1039px
What do you guys watch when you're feeling depressed or suicidal? My life is falling apart, I feel like I want it all to be over. I can't go to the hospital and I just need something to get me through this panic attack and into the morning. Yes, I'm a weak-willed faggot, I already know that. Please, I just need something
>>
>>94630270
I tend to just sleep all day

I'm talking like 24 hours a day
>>
Hey, just letting you know that

1: you're not the only one going through this
2: it can get better - I've been treated successfully for panic attacks, it took 2 years, but I'm glad it's over
3: you are a unique human being deserving of unconditional love for just being you

good luck buddy

ps. I got treatment by finding a local free therapy/psych clinic attached to a methadone clinic
>>
get some chocolate
>>
>>94630270
BvS :^)
>>
>>94630270
Not /co/ related but Psych (none of the major story ones, the smaller scale common episodes in between).

If you want something /co/ related Ant Man or Spectacular Spider Man
>>
>>94630322
>3: you are a unique human being deserving of unconditional love for just being you
Not to be edgy but this isn't true. Actually, as soon as you accept this, the easier it becomes.
Nobody's unique, nobody's irreplaceable, just try to make something good out of what you've got.
>>
>>94630270
I usually go to watchcartoononline and pick a random series to watch.
>>
>>94630304
I can't sleep anymore, I've already wasted 3/4ths of this weekend sleeping and I can't do it anymore

>>94630322
I'm just a failure. I've barely been functioning the last 3 weeks but I'm at my breaking point
>>
>>94630411
I'm in the same boat. Haven't even been eating or showering.
Something with an ongoing plot instead of episodic seems to work a bit better for me. Cliffhangers to keep you going and all that.
Take it slow and acknowledge how amazing it is when you do things like eat despite how hard it is to function.
>>
>>94630411

you may be a 'failure' now, but plenty of people who went on to have wonderful lives were initially failures of one kind or another. Think of all the celebrities who had horrible fucking drug/alcohol/whatever spirals and then got out of it.

you aren't your failures, you are full of possibilities,

start letting yourself get the help you need to move beyond the sickness holding you back.

national alliance on mental illness: 1-800-950-NAMI

they can help you find a free clinic in your area or suggest other resources
>>
File: FeelGood.jpg (167KB, 1030x506px) Image search: [Google]
FeelGood.jpg
167KB, 1030x506px
>>
>>94630411

I like to imagine anything I have the most love for (a puppy, a baby, a kitten, etc.) and then after thinking about that love, try and turn that love inwards to yourself. It is difficult as fuck (oftentimes in the same boat as you) but it is a practice worth getting good at.

another thing is to imagine little baby you, deserving of love, not having done anything wrong yet, and imagine holding that little baby you and giving them the love they may not have gotten from others

I know it sounds cheesey as fuck, but these exercises have helped me before.
>>
>>94630552
/co/ is love bro
>>
>>94630552
>Implying I'm over 30
>Implying I've even seen a doctor about this
>>
File: looney_immune_to_angst.jpg (680KB, 940x966px) Image search: [Google]
looney_immune_to_angst.jpg
680KB, 940x966px
>>94630552

Don't cut yourself on that edge, anon.

>>94630270

Exercise, put on some headphones and listen to some edm or your favorite music and just run. Run as hard as you can until you literally cannot, and then continue running.
>>
>>94630270
I tend to watch things that are extremely depressing...yeah probably not the best idea. Or go to one of my favorite movies:

>House of Flying Daggers
>The Flight of Dragons
the latter is my all time favorite movie and I watch it a couple times a year.
>>
>>94630270
At my most depressed state I watched Community

If you are looking for something more /co/ related I would recommend Avatar and Young Justice.

Things can get better anon but it is on your hands to do so, just start with something small. Maybe clean your room or go for a run. Try to do that on the regular and I promise things will get better.

good luck bro
>>
File: Send Love Through.jpg (48KB, 770x468px) Image search: [Google]
Send Love Through.jpg
48KB, 770x468px
I don't know why, but it works for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-Z92eXVoo
>>
>>94630583

Not OP but that sounds like solid advise anon, thanks.
>>
I really like the comfy feels of Over the Garden Wall to help put me in a good mood. Especially after I've gone for a walk or a run, something to exert myself physically.
>>
>>94630270
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000219
>>
File: images(2).jpg (29KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
29KB, 738x415px
>>94630270
All Star Superman, really, give it a try.
Good luck anon, you got this.
>>
>>94631116
>>>/y/
>>
>>94631928
>>94630552

What are you, stupid or something?

What's a disease if not a health problem that cause pain, and in times death. If we go by the definition, using google for ease of access, we got; "a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury."
Depression causes specific symptoms, affects the way of life, and is not a direct result of a physical injury. People sometimes are unable to simple generate the most basic chemicals that make feel happiness, or maybe anything at all. Just because you want to think you are better than others for not going through it, or because you prefer to think your problems are as bad and that everybody sucks except you, it hardly means it's not a real problem and it does not have real consequences.
Why the fuck would people hurt themselves or others if they were doing it to avoid hurting themselves? It makes no sense at all.

Sometimes people come into the word broken, looking at things in colorless shades and looking for answer they know they are never going to get, lusting for sensations that had been promised over and over again, mocked for lacking such and blamed for it as well, mocking for taking any action, and for the lack of it too. It's not about who is right and who is wrong, it's just the reality of the world that not everyone gets to feel happy, or fulfilled.
It is logical mature thing to at least not point and laugh, or mock others regardless of your own beliefs, it's just common sense.
>>
>>94634051

Apologies for the bad grammar, english is clearly not my first language.

>>94630270

I try watching simple things. It might sound like a stupid solution, but if you try to get too invested on something you end up thinking about yourself, and that's hardly the best way to past the worst part, if you are not ready at least.
>>
>>94630270
Man, if I were in your shoes, I'd sit my ass down watch Mary Poppins ASAP. If it's not on Netflix or you don't have the Bluray, pirate it on solarmovies or some other streaming site. But just get as comfy as you can and watch Mary Poppins and be sure to sing along with the songs if you know them.
>>
>>94634152
Is it Swedish?
>>
File: IMG_0584.png (749KB, 538x611px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0584.png
749KB, 538x611px
>>94630270
Bojack Horseman. It'll expediate your inevitable necking.
>>
>>94630400
You're a special snowflake, just like everyone else.
Thats how I manage at least.
>>
>>94636381
Fuck off with this. I'm sitting here worried about the guy because he hasn't responded in a while and you're just trying to egg him on.
>>
File: 4294724-saint.jpg (225KB, 651x433px) Image search: [Google]
4294724-saint.jpg
225KB, 651x433px
>>94630270
It's okay OP

I know it sounds corny and hugbox-y but it always seems bad at first. Just try to breath slowly. It all be okay.

Here, this is what I watch when I get down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPMhwqagisU

Or you can listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSEsMpMxkg4

We love you. Please don't feel bad. I'm sending all the spiritual energy I can muster to you, right now. We're all going to make it.
>>
File: bgu[1].jpg (2MB, 1851x2716px) Image search: [Google]
bgu[1].jpg
2MB, 1851x2716px
>>94636623
Go change your facebook filter in solidarity. /co/ may be love, but this is still 4chan.

And besides, being pissed off at jerkanon may give anon a reason to live. Or seeing Bojack Horseman and realizing, hey, at least I'm not THAT kind of fucked up.

My suggestion for OP is Frank Miller. It's not a conventional choice. It's Tetsuwan Atom/Astro Boy meets hyper America fuck yeah patriotism,

Art is by the superb Geof Darrow.

There's also a cartoon version, where the Big Guy voiced by Peter "optimus prime" cullen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqBM-RrprfY
>>
>>94630270
DO A FLIP.
>>
I build Gunpla.
I paint Mini's
I run Quests on /qst/.

Honestly that last one's helped the most. Those fucks kept me going after my cousin shot himself in the head.
>>
>>94630270
Gaogaigar.
>>
May sound weird, but I watch commercials from my childhood. I just pick a random 1 hour long video of "Cartoon Network ads from 2001" and get taken back by all kinds of shit that I forgot about. It's a great way to get yourself thinking about other things.
>>
>>94637236
Is that... Big Guy and Rusty?
>>
I like to watch Arthur or King of the Hill. Just something with real life problems with some funny moments sprinkled in. Nothing heavy or in your face.
>>
>>94637851
For you.
>>
>>94630270
Kamen Rider Fourze
>>
>>94630270
Old cartoons from the 70s
>>
>>94630270
Young Frankenstein
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.