[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys like Sofia the First? I really like how the animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1280x720-Rb6.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-Rb6.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
Do you guys like Sofia the First?

I really like how the animation has improved in the new season, more tweening and bending the models.

What do you guys think?

Also who's best princess? it's [spoilers]Amber
>>
It's such an underrated show, I wish more people would give it a try. I know I was so hesitant to watch it because its Disney Junior (the only reason I wanted to watch it in the first place is because of Jess Harnell), but I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I convinced my friends to watch it, and now they're super into it as well.

The characters are all so likeable, and the character development is so solid (Amber, Hugo, Cedric), and the writers have clearly been building up to the finale since the beginning. It's gotten much more plot-heavy, and the last half of the season the creator said has to be seen chronologically to make sense.

The animation is gorgeous, it has come so far from where it was in season 1. There's so much detail, the reflections on the floors and windows, and in the architecture.

New ep on Friday, who's hyped for more Cedric backstory?

Also, in upcoming episodes, we're FINALLY going to find out about the wish Roland made at that evil wishing well, Sofia's biological father is going to become involved in the plot, and I believe we are supposed to find out about Roland's first wife.

So much to look forward to before the show comes to an end.
>>
File: cedric.jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cedric.jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
Friendly reminder that this is Cedric's voice actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMLhxHFhIsI

https://youtu.be/Mr4HffbAUTk?t=33
>>
File: 1429802509500.jpg (48KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1429802509500.jpg
48KB, 1024x576px
I totally love it. Sofia's a total cutie (really like Sofia the Worst), and she was adorable as a feline as well.
And yes, Amber truly is the best. The animation is really cool, especially the gorgeous fantasy landscape.
And I like it how the Magic-Library episodes first show the problem in quasi-2D.

All in all, a series where the Disney team really did an awesome job. Having a very good cast really helps.
Definitely one of those shows that older people can watch as well, no matter if it's as parents together with their kids, or without.

It's a shame that the Lion Guard isn't just as fun, despite being an action show.
The Sofia the First-spinoff Elena of Avalor is shaping up to become good as well.
>>
>>94625051
>I wish more people would give it a try
Having some episode talkback would surely help a little bit to remind people to watch it.
On the other hand, despite the show having continuity (always nice), it doesn't have a plot with deep mysteries, though.
Aside from waifuposting, that is what keeps people interested in wanting to talk about a show constantly.
But a plot where you have to remember this and that detail might turn off the little kids who are meant to be the primary target audience for this show, so it's probably not likely to happen.

Fortunately, the show's writing is good and engaging enough that it's still enjoyable even without such. And of course, the production quality and the songs are top-notch.
>>
The big question: which started stronger?

Elena of Avalor or Sofia the First?
>>
>>94626674
Depends on what kind of show one prefers.
Elena of Avalor is clearly an action adventure show like Kim Possible, whereas Sofia the First is an edutainment show.
Me personally, as an older guy, I do prefer some action and adventure, so Elena was nice for me.
But Sofia the First still was great and charming.
I mean, it is a fantasy setting with Disney princesses and songs after all.
Practically quintessential modern fairy tale.
>>
>>94623811
Are you the same guy that keeps making threads about baby cartoons because you found the characters in them attractive
>>
>>94623811
We're not pedos. Go to /b/ with this.
>>
>>94626898
Are you implying that Amber's not attractive?
>>
>>94625051
>Also, in upcoming episodes, we're FINALLY going to find out about the wish Roland made at that evil wishing well, Sofia's biological father is going to become involved in the plot, and I believe we are supposed to find out about Roland's first wife.
Where did they confirm about sofia biological father? I heard about the wish Roland made coming into play this season but not the others.
>>
>>94626898
no i'm just a random girl who waifus cedric because he's a qt
>>
>>94628909
I bet you self-insert as Sofia so that you can have a nice quasi-uncle See-Drick.
>>
>>94626926
Are you implying that you're attracted to a 5-year-old?

REPORTED
>>
>>94629726
Lies and slander. Queen-Queen's clearly 11.
>>
>>94628944
no

i self-insert myself with a poorly concealed OC of course.
>>
>>94623811
More like Mary-Sofia the First, am I right?
>>
File: latest[1].png (391KB, 589x673px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
391KB, 589x673px
>>94630348
That was the Worst ever.
>>
>>94630348
I agree to a degree, Sofia often have to work for the things she wants even though she might only have to try two or three times. More often than not she gets help from others, it's babby lessons from a babby show.
>>
>>94630549
Little kids learn quite quickly.
>>
>>94630549
But she rarely fails! Like two-thirds of the time she's involved in a competition, she or whatever side she's on wins.

She has no flaws at all other than jealousy. Even then, the jealousy is so obviously tacked on.
>>
I'm mostly interested in the ones where the disney princesses show up with season and ep number to easily look up but I'm too lazy. Most are cringy obviously like the goddamn Mulan one where they are swinging on fucking jungle vines in a bamboo forest
>>
>>94630753
Seeing constant failures would be disheartening.
>>
>>94626674
My issue with that elena show is that it doesnt make much sense geographically. I mean theyre Spanish but they have a European style castle. Disney has always been pretty decent with bringing culture but Idk about this show.

Also I fucking hate these shows but I have an 8 year old neice
>>
>>94631091
Well it has been conquered by europeans. There must have been a coup at some point
>>
>>94631091
Obviously, they were colonized some generations ago.
>>
File: 1502489907757.jpg (41KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
1502489907757.jpg
41KB, 498x441px
>>94626919
>we're not pedos

you haven't been on this site very long have you?
>>
>>94630992
Not really if they show that failure is natural & is a call to improve.
>>
>>94630753
I agree with you, most of the time she's just good at whatever gets thrown at her, she's always at the top of the group. For example in the first "mystic isles" ep; She met a unicorn who has trouble flying because he just got his wings, later Sofia turns herself into a unicorn and when they both land seconds later the other unicorn crashes while Sofia soars gently to the ground. This is just a small example but there's more annd I agree with that she's a little too perfect.

I think one thing I really like is when she helps people, the purpose of her character is to show kids how well things can turn out if you help other people and being selfless. Another thing that's interesting about her is that she often tries different ways to fix different problems and obstacles, even if it seems like she only has to do it once.

I would like to have her have some sort of fault/problem where she can't fix it, like she just can't do a thing and it upsets her but she finally accepts it and it's fine (or not). I think that's an important lesson for kids.
>>
>>94631609
There's already been episodes where the moral of the day was teaching kids about trying to repeat things until they can do it, or to get help if they can't do it.
Sofia being able to do things competently is a thing we'll have to accept.
>>
>>94631217
Yea that makes since
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.