[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished watching season 5 yesterday and I must say that I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

Finished watching season 5 yesterday and I must say that I am surprised that it was really bad compared to the previous 4 seasons
>>
t.Fujoshit
>>
>>94615193
...Okay? You're a little late to the party, OP. It wasn't what a lot of people wanted. I'm still glad we got it. Jack deserved an ending.
>>
>>94615193
Never expect good things out of 2010-2020.
>>
>>94615753
Damn if that ain't the truth. Easily the most obnoxious decade since the 60s.
>>
>>94615250
>Jack deserved an ending.

Jack never needed a goddamn ending because that's never what the show was about. "Getting back to the past" was just an excuse for the ACTUAL plot of the show: a samurai having achronological adventures in a weird sci-fi futurescape.

Genndy missed the point so hard I'm amazed he didn't drop Jack's real name while he was at it.
>>
File: awful.png (437KB, 796x454px) Image search: [Google]
awful.png
437KB, 796x454px
WOAH WTF I GOT AKU'S POWERS LOL
>>
>>94615213
What a fucking retarded post
>>
File: LOL.png (278KB, 828x477px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
278KB, 828x477px
>>94616362
A-ASHI I WUB YOUUUUUU LOL
>>
File: badwriting.png (571KB, 852x476px) Image search: [Google]
badwriting.png
571KB, 852x476px
>>94616455
DUDE WITHOUT AKU I NEVER EXISTED LMAO
>>
File: 1502224531373.png (252KB, 588x416px) Image search: [Google]
1502224531373.png
252KB, 588x416px
>>94616455
>>94616498
>loses all his new development in the final season just to be a fucking pussy for his new walking cocksleeve
FUCK
>>
>>94616051
Pretty much every episode of the first season revolved around Jack finding leads to time portals.
It took a while before each episode became its own thing.
>>
File: 1502217785208.jpg (68KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
1502217785208.jpg
68KB, 1100x660px
>>94615193
>jack reflects on the fact that he killed 6 people for like 2 minutes before getting over it
>The horseman did fuck all despite the buildup
>Jack lost all of his character development in episode 7
>the fight scenes after episode 4 were ass
>Episode 8 was completely pointless
>Genndy wanted Jack to sacrifice something to make the ending bittersweet, but he didn't actually make the choice to go back to the past
>Jack said that all his friends were dead, but they weren't, like none of them were.
>>
I don't care about Ashi one way or another but I can never forgive having Jack commit omnicide against every single being from the Aku timeline so he can selfishly go back home. There was no point in all the good he did in the future if it all never happened and none of the people in it, not even his friends, could be born due to the butterfly effect.

If this is the kind of magic bullshit time travel where they'd all be born anyway, then the episode should have made that clear. This was horrible.
>>
>>94616362
Her getting aku powers didn't bother me. It was a logical result of the real aku awakening her inner aku-spirit like a dumbass.

What did bother me was how the last couple of episodes were just shameless nostalgia montages that didn't even try to tell a good story, but instead crammed as many references to prior seasons as they possibly could into each frame.
>>
>>94616509
What development?
>>
>>94616741
>Jack said that all his friends were dead, but they weren't, like none of them were.
Where'd he say that?
>Genndy wanted Jack to sacrifice something to make the ending bittersweet, but he didn't actually make the choice to go back to the past
He didn't resist it either, meaning he still had the intention all along.
>Episode 8 was completely pointless
Setting up a romance angle.
>>
>>94616967
if anything i was hoping for Jack come to accept that if he travelled to the past than the friends and the lives of the people in the future would be utterly become void and what mattered is that he put an end to Aku in the future he arrived in therefore signalling that he accepted that he cant change the past but he can saved the future cementing Jack as a truly selfless hero who sacrificed everything for others, sadly Ashi took more importance
>>
>>94616967
They should have had it established it would operate on Alt-universe rules AND have him defeat future Aku as well. Show the people in the Aku-timeline rebuilding in the wake of his defeat while Jack appreciates his return to his own time.
>>
>>94615250
Jack deserved a GOOD ending. They coulda just made up some shit without even making a new season and ended it there, but they made this waifu time paradox bullshit.
>>
>>94616714
Time portals were always arbitrary goals that never EVER panned out and existed solely as reasons to meet the new character of the week.
In fact the time he finally used one was when it wasn't his goal.
>>
>>94618783
>he didn't resist it
Other anon meant that he didn't choose to go to the past with knowledge of the consequence, thus making it not a meaningful sacrifice.
>>
The ending was basically exactly what you would expect out of hearing that Samurai Jack was ending and the episodes themselves were overall fun. I think a lot of people just got disappointed that the first like 3 episodes went into god tier territory and then didn't really follow up on it all that well.
>>
>>94618833
This is literally how I expected how it would end when I was first watching it back when I was 7.
>>
>>94619004
The problem is that the ending is only satisfying in the context of non of the episodes having continuity like they were originally.
This season banked hard on saying "yes these adventures ALL happened" before undoing them.
>>
If Gennedy wanted to make a shitty and bland waifu for the retards that still defend this shit then why did he make ashi?
She looks like a fucking lizard
>>
>>94616498
Imagine every moment of tragedy in cartoons, movie, or video games replaced the dialog with exposition.
>>
First three episodes were really good, I lost interest when Jack got a haircut and all of his shit back by some interstellar space time gods or whatever the fuck happened.
>>
>>94615193
Majority opinion that it was a decent run that got bogged down by trying to cram in romance. The season needed more episodes to truly end on a high note. Instead too much was spent building up a new comer and trying to make us care for her.
>>
File: 1502114727923.png (26KB, 307x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502114727923.png
26KB, 307x300px
>>94616362
>>94616455
>>94616498
I didn't even really hate the ending but these posts will never fail to crack me up.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.