[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that scene in Batman Forever when Robin kung fu'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: iZPpk6g.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
iZPpk6g.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Remember that scene in Batman Forever when Robin kung fu'd the shit out of his laundry?

It's still a better movie than BvS
>>
>>94613103
Agreed. Batman Forever really ain't that bad in the grand scheme of Bat sequels.
>>
>>94613103
I can't watch this scene without cracking up. You're seriously supposed to think this guy is cool because of how he's flailing about with his socks.
>>
Adulthood is realizing Batman Forever is kino.
>>
>>94613103
I loved that Alfred
>>
>>94613103
>That sweet aesthetic of garish neon punk gangs juxtaposed with monolithic art deco Gotham

Schumacher's films were ahead of their time. I can't believe it took us years of boring, bland grayscale "realistic" movies to appreaciate what was once camp and silly.
>>
File: Neon Voodoo Gang.jpg (44KB, 720x396px) Image search: [Google]
Neon Voodoo Gang.jpg
44KB, 720x396px
>>94614812
The neon voodoo gang and Barbara Ling's Gotham City were the best characters in the Schumacher Batman movies.
>>
>>94614993
>>
File: Gotham Ling B&R1.jpg (55KB, 584x326px)
Gotham Ling B&R1.jpg
55KB, 584x326px
>>94615026
>Moloko intensifies
https://youtu.be/hTjyhydMURI
>>
File: Gotham Ling B&R2.jpg (184KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Ling B&R2.jpg
184KB, 658x370px
>>
>>94613406
>>94613103

>Becoming so spiteful of a flawed film that you become contrarian and claim another shitty film is better

Let's not lose all fucking common sense because we're assblasted over a crap movie
>>
File: Gotham Ling B&R3.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Ling B&R3.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>
Oh seet, now I'm not the only person who likes Schumacher's batman
>>
File: Gotham Ling.png (1MB, 1364x764px)
Gotham Ling.png
1MB, 1364x764px
>>
File: Gotham Ling 2.jpg (122KB, 853x480px)
Gotham Ling 2.jpg
122KB, 853x480px
>>
File: Gotham Ling 4.png (1MB, 1364x764px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Ling 4.png
1MB, 1364x764px
>>
>>94615168
I'm not assblasted over anything. I practically hate Nolan Batman and would gladly take Forever (where Tim Burton remained as producer and his influence was still slightly felt) over any of his Batflicks any day.
>>
>>94617368
I forgot to add, my feelings toward Batman v Superman are, at worst, ambivalent. I don't hate the film by any stretch, but I don't love it either.
>>
>>94617368
First Nolan Batman was good, it progressively went to shit after that.

I don't understand the love for ledger joker
>>
>>94615226
Batman & Robin is still trash. Forever is deeply flawed, but watchable and it has an amazing aesthetic. To this day, I wish Schumacher had been given free rein. It's a fucking crime that these movies almost destroyed his career when he gave WB exactly what they demanded from him.
>>
>>94613103
Frankly my problem with Batman Forever is that I don't like its Batmobile.

In fact, I can almost say that I can link my preference of Batman films by asking if I like the car. I remember how the first liveaction film's car mesmerised me. But the Forever car just is too much of a toy.

Worse, the film I saw it in actually had a toy commercial of the car BEFORE the film even started. Talk about being careless.
>>
>>94617416
Yeah, I thought about it after I hit 'post', and you're right, Batmam Begins was good. Still not a fan of Bale's growly Batman voice, but the series definitely got worse after that first one. I never understood all the fervor for Ledger's Joker either.
>>
>>94613103
This would have actually been a fun scene if Robin had been 12 like he was supposed to be.
>>
>>94617594
This. Instead we've got a grown ass man beating laundry, and it's just fucking weird.
>>
>>94613103
The only good thing about Robin in that movie is that Chris O Donnell made me realize I was gay
>>
>>94617590
I think people wanted it to be like The Crow. But it wasn't at all like that death. Lee died ON FUCKING SET. Ledger just ODed.
>>
>>94617594
>>94617609

It also would have made a fuckload more sense. Who else but a 12 year old would play kung fu with his laundry?

you know, holy shit, a kid robin fixes a lot of things with this movie, like how much of an annoying twat he is at first.
>>
>>94617641
>>94617590
>>94617416
Ledger Joker was a legitimately original (for it's time) take on the joker that was delivered with gravitas. It also helps he's the only one having fun in the movie, and every scene involves him chewing the scenery like a glorious lunatic. Because he's 'crazy' he was the only one able to get away with acting like an actual comic book character, as opposed to everyone else who is grim and serious and grounded in reality.
>>
Forever would have been a much better movie if theu hadn't hacked the movie to pieces in order to sell more toys
>>
File: Judge Dreck.jpg (48KB, 720x576px)
Judge Dreck.jpg
48KB, 720x576px
>>94615026
God, no matter how shit your movie is, futuristic 80s/90s cityscape models with matte paintings will never not be the greatest thing ever.
>>
>>94618113
To expand, a major subplot about Bruce reading Thomas' diary was cut. Bruce was supposed to read the diary and think that he forces his parents to see the movie. After the baddies invade the mansion and leave him with amnesia he finds the diary and finishes reading it.

>martha and i have chosen Zorro. Bruce's cartoon will have to wait until next week

Bruce is no longer responsible for his parents' deaths. A person doing evil was.

Now combine the movie's title with the Riddler's symbol. It's not "Batman Forever", it's "Batman, forever?". Now that he didn't lead his parents to their graves he feels able to quit being Batman eventually. No longer tormented by seeking vengence he can allow Robin to become his successor with a clear conscience once Robin gets over Two-Face.

Compare that to a jar of piss
>>
>>94618424
Wow, fuck WB for forcing him to simplify the story, then. I guess their primary concern was selling toys without fear of backlash from irate parents.
>>
>>94613103
Remmeber 1981 when China did it first?
https://youtu.be/T1s4Q_0lQps
>>
>>94613412
This version of Robin is such a huge fucking douche bag and it's hilarious. Best part, I doubt they intended you to think he was cool. The old Batman movies knew they were corny as shit and rolled in it like a dog loving a pile of dirty socks.
>>
I actually prefer Batman & Robin over Forever. The latter actively irritates me and is a chopped up mess whilst the former is just hilarious. Plus Batman & Robin was the first movie I ever saw in a cinema so it has slight nostalgia and nice memories associated with it.
>>
>>94617516
you watched a toy commercial before a toy commercial? seems awfully redundant
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.