[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You just became the EIC of Marvel Comics, how would you fix Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: gay wolverine.jpg (873KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gay wolverine.jpg
873KB, 800x1200px
You just became the EIC of Marvel Comics, how would you fix Marvel Comics without resorting to a retcon/reboot?
>>
>>94604494
Kill all the (forced) gay/diversity characters, remove SJW writers.
>>
>>94604536

>kill

Surely you mean make them villains.
>>
>>94604587
If it means they will be killed by the hero's, then yes
>>
File: ee7fe630095d6e7250ba05bbff22e819.jpg (253KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ee7fe630095d6e7250ba05bbff22e819.jpg
253KB, 723x1024px
>>94604494

why is the idea of Wolverine bottoming for Cyclops so attractive?
>>
hire good authors who write fun stories
>>
>>94604536
>Kill all the (forced) gay/diversity characters
Just put them on ice until a decent writer wants to use them for an idea that has actual merit.
>>
>>94604607

>they will be killed

Why though? We have a batch of young self absorbed assholes who break like twigs when push comes to shove, we can make this work.
>>
Fire Bendis, Aaron, Hopeless and Waid
>>
>>94604494
>>
A story where the Fantastic Four come back and fix the Marvel universe.
Because there's something seriously wrong with it.
>>
>>94605136
This is perfect.
>>
>>94604494
First and foremost go through the lore and create a Marvel Bible that the entire writing staff should abide by. It would give information about character personalities, relationships, powers; stuff like that to keep goddamn consistency across different books and prevent unwarranted character assassinations for shits and giggles. Next would be to cancel most ongoings except big names: Xmen, Avengers, Guardians ect. instead focusing on mini series. A writer and artist have between two to six issues to tell a story about a character before they're suffuled off to work on another character, it would prevent fags like Bendis and Slott from shitting up a book for a decade and would force writers and artists to put more effort in a single self contained arc than trying to keep the magic going for god knows how long. The shuffleing of writers and artist would also bring actual diversity forcing writers to work on stories and characters they wouldn't normally work on whether it would be a good thing or bad thing who knows. Most importantly no fucking linewide events.
>>
Split the books into lines.

Main line: high-profile writers and artists, focus on inter-connectivity but not overly continuity heavy, general tone skews towards the MCU movies with exciting stories with less self-seriousness.
>Avengers with movie team
>Captain America
>Iron Man
>Thor
>Fantastic Four
>Uncanny X-Men
>Captain Marvel
>Black Panther
>Amazing Spider-Man
>Punisher
>Wolverine
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Inhumans
>Deadpool

Mature line: lesser-known creators with more room for experimentation, or more continuity-focused books with fan-favorite characters, more "mature themes"
>New Avengers
>Venom
>Iron Fist
>Daredevil
>Luke Cage
>Dr. Strange
>Ant-Man
>Moon Knight
>Blade
>Jessica Jones
>X-Force
>more stuff decided when a creator has a good pitch for a less mainstream character

Young line: focus on creators from outside comics, aimed at young adults and people who wouldn't normally read comics, new characters with little continuity
>Champions/Young Avengers
>Ms. Marvel
>Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles)
>Ironheart
>New Mutants
>America
>Gwenpool
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
>Runaways
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
>Avengers Assemble (one-off, all-ages adventures)
>Rocket Raccoon and Groot
>>
>>94604494
Switch to a monthly subscription service with data bank access for all your needs, physical trades printed according to demand and sent to subscribers directly. Cut out the middleman entirely.
The database is catalogued with search function, event timeline and tags so you can find all relevant issues quickly.
Prompts at the end of issues and trades ask for ratings so you get direct feedback and don't have political influence get in the way of your judgement so easily.
Views and ratings don't lie.
Then you establish a voting system that asks readers to vote for things related to the books they read. Like give a choice on upcoming arcs or titles so you don't blindly toss out books to fail.
Other than that, introduce the CANON, Comics Annotated News Organisation Nexus. All the most pedantic wizards of /co/ get one job, and one job only: Keep the story straight and inform writers what happens with characters and who wants to do what with them in what other book.
Then we get rid of incapable writers and unreliable/shit artists.
>>
Start with this >>94605136
Then implement all of these
>>94608473
>>94607727
>>94607407
>>
>>94608473
Basically, an hyper efficient jump.
I like it.
>>
>>94604494
>Fire Quesada, Slott, Hopeless, and Bendis. Allow them to make their own comic book company.
>Go full Rebirth on Spidey, Spidey and MJ are married with a kid with Aunt May being dead. There are only three Web Slingers Peter, Kaine who is in LA, and Miles who has relocated to Chicago and no longer has his Venom Shock after losing it in a battle with Electro. No more Spider-Gwen or Silk or any shit like that.
>X-Men and Fantastic Four are back into the spotlight. All the Nuhumans with the exception of Kamala (her origin will get retcon into not being a Nuhuman) are killed off in a event. Inhumans fuck off to relocated on Mars.
>Give Star-Lord his old costume back and go back to epic cosmic journey, no fucking characters from Earth like what Bendis did who tried to ruin Flash Venom.
>No more big epic events for years, let the stories stay in their own characters with a occasional mini-crossover.
>No more relaunches and number one issues.
>A No MCU synergy rule unless the original material sucked complete and utter ass or hasn't aged well.
>No more pandering to the SJW with these fake-ass diverse character, no more quirky female characters as well. Plus take away all the writers twitter accounts to make sure they don't say anything stupid.
>Hire editors to keep a tight grip on writers and make sure they don't get out of control, this led to Bendis and Slott lack of restraint to fuck everything up.
>>
File: 129768222983.jpg (215KB, 800x752px) Image search: [Google]
129768222983.jpg
215KB, 800x752px
>>94607727
>No Power Pack
>>
File: dc hawkeye sad.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dc hawkeye sad.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>94608473
Why the fuck haven't you apply for a position at Marvel yet!?
>>
>>94608620
Yep. Take it to the next century.
We are past static one-way media that you lap up because there is nothing else.
Going maximum digital and integrated would allow them to react to changing realities. Like comics being one medium among many that has to fight for attention. Monthly releases from tiny stores won't cut it. And convenience is king. Going right for polished trades instead of floppies could allow for better editorial work as you can change things even after publishing due to the digital medium and the final print books get to be corrected.
>>
>>94608904
Because I live in rural Germany and my 100% Bavarian phenotype wouldn't be "diverse" enough for Marvel these days.
>>
File: 7e8.jpg (34KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
7e8.jpg
34KB, 599x337px
>>94608821
Do people still don't remember that the ONE TIME there was no yearly events (specifically after Siege) there was an all time low in sales, then we got Fear Itself?

Unfortunately you can't do that anymore, but here's a better idea.

DO BETTER EVENTS
Outside anything Secret, all the current Marvel events have sucked.
>>
>>94604494

Undo OMD by having it be an unintended side effect of Ghost Rider beating Mephisto out of existence thus undoing all of his deals.
Seriously, just have like 15 pages of Ghost Rider bludgeoning Mephisto to death with his own foot, and then have a few pages at the end where Peter and MJ are eating Breakfast in their respective apartments, they both get surprised looks on their faces, and then the issue ends with them trying to call each other.

Shit on OMD so badly that it doesn't even get undone in Spider-Man.
Oh, and then remove Dan Slott from ASM.
>>
>>94604494
Start producing comic books that deal with a different Marvel universe :^)
>>
>>94609050
Secret Empire sucks too
>>
>>94608821
Why would you have to kill NuHumans, then shoot the rest to Mars?
Seriously, just keep them for background filling or minor positions so as to keep continuity and not look like a vindictive asshat.
Kamala being Inhuman also won't matter once she's the last one around.
And you better not kill Auran (again). I will have my noir gumshoe drama and if it's the last thing I do!
>>
Hire good writers, create an environment that keeps talent happy and willing to keep working for us, give them complete creative freedom, don't force a "vision" on my writers or artists beyond having a high standard of quality, events that force writers to adapt their stories to the whims of another writer are banned for at least 5 years. That's it.

I don't care if they make Iron-Man an autistic transsexual as long as the creative team handling it is talented and my priority is to keep the talent in the house.
>>
>>94604494
All the new shit since the ultimates till today are skrulls and will die, is that ok?If Bendis post a picture of Hitler in Twitter in the next hour, I'll send him a full crossover of 24 numbers with also the solution for the Fantastic Four and the direction of a good hair clinic in Turkey
>>
>>94604627
Because Cyclops has always been like a father figure to the team, love him or hate him he's always there and always does what's best for everyone. Meanwhile wolverine throws tantrum and goes off on his own all the time like an angsty teenager.
>>
>>94604706
>Waid
Whoa there, let's not be too hasty, we could always put him back on Daredevil.
>>
Easy
Spider Man cartoon based soley on JMS' run
>>
File: burns.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
burns.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
Alright, Mr Bendis. I shall give you the opportunity to keep your job if you can explain to me why you deserve to without repeating what I just said in the form of a snarky question.
>>
>>94611887
EIC doesn't make cartoons you fucking idiot.
>>
All super heroines are hereafter absolutely forbidden from wearing pants as part of their costumes.
>>
>>94604494
I would sell the rights for literally every comic to IDW and Avatar press for $20.
>>
File: bendis1.jpg (21KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
bendis1.jpg
21KB, 220x333px
>>94614494
I deserve to keep my job because I can repeat what you said in the form of a snarky statement.
>>
>>94604627
Because wolvie will heal from the prolapses and gettung pozzed
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.