[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Jenkins in charge of the DCEU? She's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: ww-feat-uproxx1.jpg (90KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
ww-feat-uproxx1.jpg
90KB, 650x360px
Why isn't Jenkins in charge of the DCEU? She's the only one who actually knows how to handle these characters.
>>
>>94602972

Give it time. The Russos didn't inherit Avengers 3 overnight.
>>
>>94602972
Rick&Marty already showed that women should never be in charge of anything related to creativity.
>>
Yup her and Heinberg are the only people at WB with any understanding of the genre or characters. Arguably now Whedon too.
>>
>>94604345
>Watching Reddit: The show in the first place
>>
>>94604345
that show was never good to begin with
>>
Because it's more than just creative decisions when you're put in charge of a comic book franchise. She would also have to deal with the WB execs above her and work with other directors and writers on the concurrent movies. You are asking of her to make sure everybody is on the same page creatively and having her work with other producers to make sure schedules are met.
>>
>>94602972
She just stole elements from other successful movies done years ago, and did them more blandly.
>>
>>94602972
Wondy, at the very least, has greatly benefitted from having a director who actually bothered to do some research on how the character is supposed to work. Most of the people writing the comics can't be arsed to do that, and yet here we are, with the film garnering strong critical praise, and having raked in a cool 800mil. It's almost like putting in some effort, and remaining faithful to the core concept of the source material, your adaptation has a decent chance of not sucking ass. Imagine that.

Seriously, I am okay with Jenkins doing another WW film. She has demonstrated basic competence, which is all I fucking ask for.
>>
File: ourgal.webm (890KB, 1088x720px) Image search: [Google]
ourgal.webm
890KB, 1088x720px
>>94602972

Are they smart enough to turn Gal into the DCEU's RDJ or will they insist on forcing Batflek as the face of the franchise?
>>
>>94604438
>implying the show wasn't originally enjoyable before it became a faggot Reddit wank circle
Being a contrarian must be so much fun.
>>
>>94604345

I liked a lot The Hurt Locker and that movie about capturing Bin Laden.
>>
>>94602972
The movie was just OK

That's a success in DC movies, but it still wasn't as good as some are making it out to be

But yeah she would make a better JL movie than Snyder. And maybe than Whedon, it's gonna be Avengers 3, with DC characters, and shitty leftover ideas from Snyder
>>
Wonder Woman was better than most MCU movies.
>>
>>94605171
Not even close. Hell it ripped off a mediocre one
>>
>>94602972

I liked Wonder Woman. I think Jenkins did a good job. I've never seen Monster but I've seen other stuff she's done (essentially movies, pilots and other stuff for network and cable broadcast).

I don't think she should be put in charge of the DCEU based on one film any more than I thought Snyder (and wife) should have been put in charge of the DCEU based purely on being around when WB thought it was necessary, or that The Cereal King should be put in charge of DC Films because he was once Donnerman's PA (a job he got through Goyer, so all those anons who think Johns is going to save the DCEU from Goyer's influence are just clueless idiots).

It's just as bad as the idiots who thought Bruce Timm should have been put in charge.
>>
>>94602972
She's gonna direct Justice League 2 after Wonder Woman 2.
>>
>>94604653
>and remaining faithful to the core concept of the source material
Which is precisely what Snyder did. He presented Superman in very different more dire circumstances that yes did require him to be more of a loner and a fly on the wall personality-wise but the core of him inherently wanting to save people since he was a little kid was still 100% present in the films.
>Putting in some effort
Get fucked dude, Snyder has put in more effort making these films feel like a real tangible relatable immersive world then any comic book movie in history. He is a fucking hero, Jenkins is indeed competent but she is just another coward making safe pandering dreck for people who don't want to think about or be emotionally invested in the world she crafts.
>>
>>94602972
I wish I was in charge of handling Wonder Woman's character if you know what I mean.
>>
>>94604653
My main concern is Johns writing the script. Why the fuck does HE need to write the script? I don't have any issues with him doing story treatments or story ideas, he both knows a lot about the canon and has easier access to the archive and the employees in charge, plus easier access to Rucka or Azz or Perez or whomever he wants to pull (steal) ideas from.

He fucking barely has time to write the comics he's supposed to be doing and he doesn't need to be collecting extra WB money for writing a script. It's not like he's actually a good scriptwriter or the only person available (not to mention that he's mostly proven he's a hack with some bits of imagination, which is 90% of most fan fiction).

>>94605132

I'm sure Whedon will be much busier with Batgirl and I'd rather they try to get George Miller to do the Justice League sequel, if not a Superman stand-alone. I wouldn't object to Jenkins doing a stand-alone Superman sequel for that matter.
>>
>>94602972
Fake news. Snyder did the heavy lifting (as usual). Plus that movie wasn't as good as MoS and BvS, it was just more successful.
>>
>>94605039
The hurt locker is a terrible movie though and pretty much only won best picture because she was a woman
>>
>>94605610
>but the core of him inherently wanting to save people since he was a little kid was still 100% present in the films.

Fucking no.

What you described is the MINIMUM that a character needs to do, to be called a super hero.

What sets Superman apart is his charisma.
>>
Thank god she isn't
Unless "in charge" means "creative input" and not actually making the main movies. And even then "knows how to handle these characters" only extends to Superman and Wonder Woman as far as we know.
>>
>>94602972
Did not take long for super defensive guys to put her down.
>>
>>94605728

Snyder's primary contribution to WW was casting Gadot (85% of whatever credit you want to give him is simply AND only that).

>>94605741
>Yeah sure, and she won Best Director because she has a vagina, amirite? So WW and Jenkins most certainly will repeat next spring, eh?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.