[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of the playground kids would you have most wanted to hang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Recess_poster_toon.jpg (53KB, 354x451px) Image search: [Google]
Recess_poster_toon.jpg
53KB, 354x451px
Which of the playground kids would you have most wanted to hang out with?

Which of the playground kids were you?
>>
No other show has made me want a time skip into future episode more than this one. They'd be in their early 30s by now
>>
>>94602648
The creators were asked about that about a year ago and refused to say anything about how the characters ended up. Pretty neat interview all around:
http://ew.com/article/2016/11/05/recess-paul-germain-joe-ansolabehere-anniversary-interview/

I've been rewatching the show on a whim lately, and it holds up really well.
>>
>>94602597
I was Gus and Mikey at the same time.
>>
>>94602838
As a child, you could relate to their problems. As an adult, you appreciate how they approached their problems and operated their community as a whole. You can appreciate the show twice and it never really gets old since they don't include a lot of pop culture which would look dated
>>
>>94602597
T.J of course.

I was a bullyable new kid plenty of times so I'd be Gus.
>>
Spinelli was always my favorite. I feel like she would be my best bet for a sleep over accidently going lesbo
>>
>>94603159
Spinelli is from a time when tomboys weren't automatically presumed to be gay
>>
>>94602597
I'd probably just toady up to King Bob, get my enemies sent to the Dodgeball Court for summary execution.

Library Girl or the Pale Kids.
>>
i always wanted to get involved in whatever crazy plan TJ had up his sleeve. in personality, i was a mix of Gus and Gretchen.
>>
>>94603193
You're not wrong, but I guess what I'm saying she would make the hottest lesbian out of those on the show
>>
>>94602838
>Paul Germain married IRL Gretchen

Lucky guy.
>>
>>94602597
Then? Mikey. Nowadays? The main dude (who's name escapes me)
>>
File: IMG_9892.png (321KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9892.png
321KB, 512x512px
>>94602597
Better question:

How much did you fucking HATE this asshole?
If this little shit didn't make you want to gouge his eyes out, it means you were the Randall of your schoolyard.
>>
>>94605985
I was a bit of a teacher's pet as a kid. I got better, though, and I wasn't quite Randall level.
>>
File: oljgDEE.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
oljgDEE.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>94605985
>>
>>94602597
Gretchen
>>
I like that the playground was entirely populated by kids who fit a sterotype normally reserved for adults, yet somehow the show drifted seemlessly between "kids being kids at recess" and "kids being adults." Normally I hate it when shows about kids are just cartoon versions of adult dramas, but Recess did it so well that I can't help but love it.
>>
>>94602597
This was a really smart show, as a kid you related to their problems and understood their grievances, as an adult it becomes humourous how seriously these situations are taken. It's like Fillmore being a parody of detective dramas, the Recess gang reacting to being closed in the cafeteria because of a storm as if they were stranded on an island fighting for their lives is just funny.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.