[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone else felt that the art quality of the Simpsons has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: nusimp.jpg (134KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nusimp.jpg
134KB, 960x540px
has anyone else felt that the art quality of the Simpsons has gone down
just like the quality of the show?
>>
>>94601307
nah, i dont mind the art.

just the bad writing.
>>
>>94601367
they use a lot more expressions
that dont fit with the art style
and just look awkward
>>
>>94601307
1987-1990- Klasky Csupo microbudget
1990-1992- Klasky Csupo [decent enough budget]
1992-2002- Film Roman (cel animation)
2002-2009- Film Roman (digital animation)
2009-2016- Film Roman (digital HD)
2016-2019- Fox Animation

No wonder the most recent episodes look like complete dung.
>>
>>94601307
it's fucking boring to look at, even when the characters are moving, it's like they're not really moving it's so stiff.

every one-off character or celebrity cameo after the first couple of seasons also looks hideous, there's unnecessary detail and realism in the face in a show that originally looked anything but realistic.
>>
All the incidental characters made for the show have been bland looking for nearly 20 years. And it gets worse every season.
>>
>>94601307
Yeah, it looks freakishly smooth and shiny now.
>>
digital animation has gotten so cheap that any hack can do it now

Family Guy is way worse than the Simpsons, it borders on Flash territory
>>
File: Simpsons-shopping-cart.gif (2MB, 256x368px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons-shopping-cart.gif
2MB, 256x368px
>>
>>94601307
Someone made a Youtube video comparing the animation. In motion shots they used to exaggerate movement and make it more cartoon-like. Now they it's way too stiff and smooth and looks... off.
>>
>>94601717
Marge is like a fucking robot.
>>
They should get TMS to animate all of their episodes and put in Laura Haruko
>>
>>94601728
Link?
>>
>>94601716
The worst thing about Family Guy is the complete dependence on stock poses, faces and settings/backgrounds.

Its strange that American Dad only really has a problem with the faces and 3/4 perspective.
>>
>>94601716
Depends on what you mean by digital animation. Simply switching from cel to digital doesn't fundamentally change the animation process.
>>
>>94601755
Maybe Moe gets a cellphone.
>>
File: o.jpg (32KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
32KB, 453x500px
>>94601996
>>
File: IMG_0387.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>94601717
Every time I see this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.