[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They're the fucking same. They're both narcissistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: same.png (267KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
same.png
267KB, 625x352px
They're the fucking same.

They're both narcissistic forces of destruction that ruin the lives around them rather than face their own issues. Or, in the off-chance they do have a moment of clarity, it's short-lived and cast aside in favor of more wanton destruction. Both shows even explicitly state this as fact numerous times.

They're the villains of their own stories.

/co/ you realize this easily about Bojack, how does the group as a collective refuse to recognize this in Rick?

Is it willful ignorance? I'm honestly perplexed.
>>
>>94598636
Bojack actively admits it and wants help. Besides a few random episodes episodes where Rick tries to kill himself/asks for death, he doesn't give a shit and likes fucking with people and going on his deadly adventures.
>>
>>94598636
Also, both shows are for reddit cucks.
>>
>>94598660
>reddit
There's that word again
>>
>>94598636
The reason why people actually like Bojack despite being the same as Rick is that he actually faces the consequences of his actions.
>>
Bojack actually cares about what his mother thinks. He is surrounded by friends who care about him. He doesn't have an offspring
>>
>>94598688
My complaint/confusion is more the fact that people actually like Rick.

Of the two, he's the more repellent, unapologetic monster. Yet there seems to be some group that ignores the fact that show has explicitly stated he's a repellent, unapologetic monster and think he's great. That he's not the ultimate source of that family's dysfunction and destruction.
>>
>>94598757
The difference is that Bojack made himself a success and can pay for his actions himself. Reddit idolizes Rick because he makes others pay for his actions and mooches off his family.
>>
One is intentionally written to be unlikeable and controversial while the other is written to be the average redditor's self-insert if they were an old drunk dude.
>>
>>94598694
>Bojack doesn't have offspring

I beg to differ.
>>
>>94598636
Rick and Morty is actually funny
>>
>>94598636
Rick and Morty has started romanticizing Rick more and more.

Bojack is portrayed in the show as a genuinely pathetic figure.
>>
>>94598636
I think that some episodes of Rick and morty are genuinely great, but some are just shit. Pilot is definitely still the best episode.
>>
File: duckman.gif (95KB, 536x382px) Image search: [Google]
duckman.gif
95KB, 536x382px
Both are just a cut rate Duckman.

Except Duckman actually has a well written character that makes sense every time he does something shitty or actually does a good thing.
>>
>>94598636
>>94599802
There are quite a lot shitty, narcissistic main characters that ruin their own lives and the lives of those around them all the time.
>>
>>94598757

Bojack is more of a drama and Rick and Morty is more of a slapstick comedy series. It's like complaining that the Always Sunny crew are bad people so you shouldn't like the show.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.