[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought he was a great Joker. But what bothers me is that for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

I thought he was a great Joker. But what bothers me is that for whatever fucking reason, they don't seem to want to actually USE the Joker in the DCEU. They give him a minor role in this film and that's it. We're probably not going to see him with a significant role in the DCEU for a long time because they're so busy with all these other characters, none of which have any time for someone like the Joker. Even the standalone Batman movie, which is years out as it is, isn't going to have Joker as the villain, it's going to be Deathstroke (which I don't entirely mind as I love Deathstroke). But it's frustrating. Like, why cocktease us with this Joker like this? If they were going to use him at all he should have had a bigger role. I get the impression that a character like the Joker just can't work in the EU. He only works in the standalone Batman movies like TDK where the threats are more street-level, because you go any higher and he's rendered irrelevant.
>>
>>94593933
Nice blog post
Joker was shit movie was shit Leto worst Joker all time desu
>>
Just get rid of the fucking tattoos. That's all they need to do. I can accept his character if all that shit and the grills didn't take away from his acting
>>
>>94593953
I hardly noticed them in the film. I don't really see the problem.
>>
Like look at this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aOrDJH6ABE

His scenes are always lit in such a way so you can barely even see the tattoos.
>>
>>94594684
Still haven't seen this movie, but why the fuck does joker care enough to go get harles barkley out of prison?
>>
>>94594780
The movie presents Joker as actually caring for Harley instead of a one-sided relationship. Here, have a few more scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tZ1gJPiIY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTYM78H6HMo
>>
>>94594796
Crap, I didn't check if those links were still working. Hang on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNoebM89HiY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESximTcdxL0
>>
>>94594809
It's not my style to turn down a crazy people ship, but this makes me uncomfortable. Maybe it's the baggage of all the other incarnations.
>>
>>94593933
That's because he's a minor villain.
>>
>>94593953
I feel like his design would be better if the tattoos were gone as well, but I feel like something that would make it a lot better would be if his lipstick was extended a little further and was shaped a bit sharper, for lack of a better word. It looks way too round and I've never really seen a Joker that had lipstick like that. Some eyebrows wouldn't kill him either.
>>
>>94593933
He might turn out to be one, but he was barely in the SS movie outside of being Harley's love interest. And, well, Joker really has no place in SS stories.

Until we get his performance in an actual Batman film, I'm gonna keep from giving a verdict.
>>
>>94595241
That's exactly the problem though. We might not get him in an actual Batman film. It bothers me that they introduced him if they didn't plan to actually use him for more than a couple scenes. Because now they're going to be stuck doing movies without the Joker for at least a couple years.
>>
Cos David Ayer is a hack. He had like 6 weeks to finish the script cos WB are even bigger hacks. Ayer later said he wished he made a grounded story and make Joker the main villain.

Yea he's a hack.
>>
>>94593953
>HONKA HONKA
i want this Joker to be a fake and want to see him killed by real Joker at some point, that he's just some looney that pretended to be Joker to fuck Harley, also i dont want him to be Jason Todd, Tim Drake might be cool thought.
>>
>>94593933
I thought he was a reasonable "Gangster" Joker but he had fuck all to do in Suicide Squad and his scenes actually made the movie worse. They should have cut ALL of his scenes and just had him in Harley's flashbacks and him breaking into jail at the end.
>>
>>94593933

Because the DCCU doesn't have a fucking plan. They don't want to do proper setup or pacing, which is why more than half the cast of Justice League is going to show up for the very first time IN JUSTICE LEAGUE, and yet we are supposed to care about these guys 'finally' uniting.

BvS grabbed a bunch of stuff from DKR and Death of Superman and jammed it together with a hamfisted Lex origin, a 'Batman and Superman meet for the first time' script, and glued the jagged pieces together with Christ metaphors.

They want to do Flashpoint for Flash's first movie. Except not really, they just want to be able to SAY its flashpoint kinda sorta.

Their only 'plan' is to rush out as many of these movies as they can, steal bits from the best selling arcs and issues associated with these characters with no rhyme or reason, and desperately hope that once they have made enough movies it will suddenly just evolve into a cinematic universe like a pokemon.

We got the joker, and they made a big deal about the joker, because the joker is popular and so that means he had to happen now now right now. Except he's barely even in the movie, because he had no real reason to be there, and they didn't bother to plan for what the fuck to do with him after that.

Like, shit. By the time we actually get Batman's solo movie, Ben Affleck won't even be playing Batman anymore.
>>
>>94595881
>now they're going to be stuck doing movies without the Joker for at least a couple years.
What a tragedy, what will we do without the Joker, the most important character in the DC universe?
>>
>>94593933
Leto is not a good Joker that's the reason. He's not so a good actor in first place, this character and Jessy's Luthor are practically the same character but Luthor is better, just a bit so instead of Joker they'll use Luthor-Joker.

Suicide Squad and the rest of DCEU have different tone so they can't mix them so no Joker but Luthor.
>>
>>94598251
>He's not so a good actor in first place
Bullshit he isn't.
>>
He is so out of character for the Joker that I really wanted the Jason Todd theory to be true, because that would make sense. But instead our explanation is the writers had no understanding of the Joker and made him just an Insane eccentric guy
>>
>>94598407
In what sense is he out of character for the Joker?
>>
>>94598201
Oh fuck off, don't act like Joker isn't one of the best DC characters regardless of importance. It's stupid to give him nothing to do in the DCEU for literally years, it would be like if the MCU didn't use Iron Man.
>>
>>94597045
>more than half the cast of Justice League is going to show up for the very first time IN JUSTICE LEAGUE, and yet we are supposed to care about these guys 'finally' uniting
Worked for the cartoon you tremendous faggot.
>>
>>94598724
While you are right to call him a faggot, it's important to consider that the cartoon had quite a few episodes to develop these characters while the Justice League movie has a couple hours at best.
>>
>>94598425
Batman didn't molest his boipucci
>>
File: tumblr_nppachuDNw1sbbfwho1_1280.jpg (28KB, 590x442px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nppachuDNw1sbbfwho1_1280.jpg
28KB, 590x442px
>>94598800
>>
File: d15.jpg (80KB, 599x657px) Image search: [Google]
d15.jpg
80KB, 599x657px
>>94593933

You're terrible and you like terrible things.
>>
>>94598972
Still don't get why Doom said this. That's the equivalent of throwing a tantrum like a 12 year old.
>>
>>94593933
Cause we are fucking sick of Joker. Make it a Riddler movie or do Bane again.
>>
>>94599024
The last Joker movie was literally ten years ago. There's nothing wrong with doing another.
>>
>>94593953
>>94594538
In the tux he was pretty much perfect.

>>94595192
, but I feel like something that would make it a lot better would be if his lipstick was extended a little further and was shaped a bit sharper, for lack of a better word.
Ew, no. I hate when Joker's "lipstick" extends beyond his mouth; its a lame cash=in on The dark Knight, which we've hopefully buried. All those stupid designs from 2008 and beyond where they tried to make the comic joker partially look like Ledger
>>
Quick question: is Darkseid showing up in JL2 or JL3? If three
>>
>>94595241
Really, Harley has no place in SS stories either, but here we are.
>>
I just can't see the Joker at all in him.

And he's just a mess tonally, on one hand he tries to do the dark "realistic" Ledger Joker, while having all the cartoony imagery

Like look at this scene >>94594684 , stuff like the "HA!HA!HA!" all over the walls, it works in comics, but in a movie it just looks dumb. He plays it way too seriously to pull that off. I wouldn't mind the tattoos and all if he was just written well
>>
>>94598251
>this character and Jessy's Luthor are practically the same character

I hate this stupid mene.
>>
>>94598360
no, he's a bad actor he showed it in those 10 minutes but it doesn't matter his idiot followers on twitter think he's good cause they can not make the difference
>>
>>94601342
hehehe but it's true Jessy's Luthor was not a Luthor.
>>
>>94594809
>"acting"
>>
>>94601250
this Joker seems Jim Carrey's Riddle.
>>
>>94598724
General Audiences don't like that kind of movies without previous movies and they don't watch cartoons.
>>
>>94600491
You have seriously shitty taste man.
>>
>>94602863
I don't think it is a matter of taste but understanding, sometimes teenagers don't know yet, they don't notice when something is shit.
>>
>>94593933
Don't worry anon you can be in love with a bad actor anyway.
>>
>>94600491
I was thinking less TDK more Arkham games
>>
>>94593933
>already killed Robin
>spends entire movie trying to get his woman back
>Next movie with him will be entirely based around him and Harley
This Joker sucks ass and they can't think of anything to do with him in the current time line other than needing to show him and Harley on screen together.
>>
File: Joker2[1].png (889KB, 1620x832px) Image search: [Google]
Joker2[1].png
889KB, 1620x832px
>>94600491
>its a lame cash=in on The dark Knight

Yeah, totally dude.
>>
>>94604100
Fucking Cesar Romero ripping off TDK.
>>
>>94596860
Leto Joker always made me think of a try hard guy wanting to join the Jokers gang from Batman Beyond. Like he shows up to initiation like that already before even joining the gang.
His jokes are lame
His style is too over the top even by their standards

Then he has to go back home to his mother and explain why he has all the tattoo's on his face but didn't even get into the gang.
>>
>>94593933
He's not the original Joker, He is Jason Todd tortured until he took on the role of the Joker. The Joker is going to be the secret main antag. Its going to come out that the original joker is either dead or incapacitated and Jason Todd has come to see him as a symbol of power because of his broken mind. That's why he fetishes Joker with the Tats and that vat and shit
>>
>>94604220
That's retarded. You're retarded
>>
>>94593933

Joker was literally only there to give Harley development
>>
>>94604244
Alright then, then he's just a really shitty incarnation of the joker that is just a small black part of the cancer that is going to kill off the DCU and ruin the movie franchises and slowly ruin the comics until the only thing keeping it alive is Spear Chuckers buying superman shirts so they can look like Lil' Wayne.
Less Retarded?
>>
Anyone got the fan mashup of the dark knight Joker concept art with a clean version of jared leto's head shopped on?

It's literally perfect.
>>
>>94604368 #
No you actually ramped up the retardation. With your little /pol/shit rant, kiddo.
>>
>>94604220

Agreed. The theory is one I'm holding as true until inevitably disproved. It's actually interesting, but I doubt they have the balls.

That said, I want to see Jason/Red Hood in the DCEU, so I won't be devestated.

I actually like Leto Joker anyway. I don't understand the hate.
>>
>>94593933
lol, Joker was so shit and Leto fucked it all up that they're not even going to bother to use him anymore
>>
>>94594809
he reminds me of jack sparrow
that acid bath thing was straight retarded though
>>
File: 1501037093775.jpg (109KB, 600x796px) Image search: [Google]
1501037093775.jpg
109KB, 600x796px
>remove the tats
>tell leto to stop dragging his voice/stop growling
>give him a purple/white suit
>give him a better script with more clown jokes

What else could be fixed?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.