[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC and Marvel don't care about their comics, they just care

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: marvels-inhumans-serie-2017[1].jpg (168KB, 900x606px) Image search: [Google]
marvels-inhumans-serie-2017[1].jpg
168KB, 900x606px
DC and Marvel don't care about their comics, they just care about movies
>Xmen is one of Marvels biggest franchises
>But Fox owns the movie right to it
>Marvel tries to replace the Xmen with Inhumans by pushing the Inhumans hard
>This flopped hard because no one likes the Inhumans
>Now they have a soon to flop Inhumans show going that everyone is laughing at even non comic fans
Movies will always come first in these fuckers minds.
>>
File: 250px-Cyborg_(Victor_Stone)[1].jpg (29KB, 250x294px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Cyborg_(Victor_Stone)[1].jpg
29KB, 250x294px
>Justice League is iconic group of people from the silver age just like how the Trinity is the Golden age
>WE NEED A BLACK PERSON TO APPEAL TO THE MOVIE GOERS
>Throw MM under the bus and replace him with a C list character that is barely known
>His comic is flopping hard but they are still pushing him so we can have a black on the JL movie
>>
>>94582978
>barely known
>was one of the breakout characters in the highly successful Teen Titans TV series
>Is back again in the highly successful Teen Titans Go spin-off
>>
>>94584200
Being a popular side character in a show is different from being well known. No one knows anything about cyborg, his villains, what his back story is. That is why his comics are failing hard. Also they know him as a TITANS character, not a JL character.
>>
>>94582843
movies actually make money why the fuck wouldn't they prioritize them
>>
>>94584364
This is true but the idea that "Syngergy" will make the movie sell more is stupid.
>>
File: p13004247_b_v8_aa[1].jpg (207KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p13004247_b_v8_aa[1].jpg
207KB, 960x1440px
>We need to bring Barry back because Wally's story is too hard to explain in a single Movie/Show
>We need to give Barry a black sidekick because of Hollywood black requirement
>We need to shove Professor Zoom into everything to make him the new Joker but call him the Reserve Flash only so casuals don't get confused
>We need to try to ignore the other Flashes history as much as possible because it might confuse the casual movie goer
>>
>>94584364
Comics could make a lot more if they fucking sold them in a way other than relying on LCS but they let Diamond grab them by the balls. Comic's should be sold at Supermarkets next to magazines like the Archie comics do.
>>
>>94584924
for half the price
>>
>>94584924
Comics are sold at my Walmart in the register with the toys
>>
>>94582978
Cyborg has been a founding member of the JL for 6 years now and is incredibly popular given Teen Titans. I love MM and am mad he's not on the team, but his books flop harder than Cyborgs
>>
>>94584301
Who knows about MM? I'm not aware of anyone outside of the nerdiest comic nerds who can name a single MM villain. Even the people who grew up watching the Justice League show he was on mostly know him as that green guy who got knocked out at the start of every fight.
>>
>>94585289

yep I see DC and Marvel there

have seen Harley Quinn and Ultimates 2
>>
>>94585321
>his books flop harder than Cyborgs

There's more than just popularity going into that equation. Cyborg's books are mediocre at worst while how long ago was Ostrander? Because that was the last time a MM solo was readable.
>>
Let's face it, the Martian is too overpowered for anything. A telepath, shapeshifter with Superman's abilities to boot. For some reason you wanted J'onn because 'Oh he can be become Black. No that won't work. It will never work. He's still the Green man from Mars.
>>
>>94582843
Marvel Studios cares about the comics.

Marvel Comics does not give a fuck about the comics.
>>
File: Galactic-Guardians.jpg (31KB, 225x151px) Image search: [Google]
Galactic-Guardians.jpg
31KB, 225x151px
>>94582978
>>
>>94582978
a whole generation grew up with Cyborg on the Justice League in the mid 80s like >>94587470 has shown
>>
>>94582843
Because it's introducing comics to a market they couldn't reach before
Normies
>>
>>94586066
complaining about a Jl member being op is retarded.
>>
File: 1476568309554.jpg (79KB, 960x547px) Image search: [Google]
1476568309554.jpg
79KB, 960x547px
>>94584301

I like MM over Cyborg but you got some series bouts of retard going if you truly think he was any more popular than Cyborg. Or that normies and fans want to see a black guy walk around being MM 75% of the time on screen to avoid muh racism.

Face it guy, from an executive/normie point of view. Cyborg is the superior choice due to his already established fanbase and recent products.
>>
>>94587470
>>94587918
Yeah but he was at best a secondary hero there. Plus more people know the earlier Superfriends seasons.
>>
>>94584453
Barry came back because DC editorial wanted to write about the comics they grew up. Hence why all of the 90s replacements got thrown out the airlock and Hal/Barry being the respective Jesus of their legacies.

>>94585975
Whats worst is that most MM fans agree the last good villain he had was Marvin the Martian from the Loony Toons crossover.
>>
File: 1501739229678.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1501739229678.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>DC doesn't care about their comics
>>
>>94582843
you have to go to a specialty shop to buy comics
movies are a lot more broadly appealing

so the choice is obvious, appeal to a niche or appeal to normal people

i side with normal people
>>
File: Cyborg-teen-titans2.jpg (49KB, 672x494px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg-teen-titans2.jpg
49KB, 672x494px
>>94584200

This. The critcisms of Cyborg being on the JL are valid. For 7 years ago.

Here and now to my pre-teen nephews he's arguably the best known member of the Justice League.

OP is right. It was absolutely a bad stupid decision to put him on it, nearly a *decade* ago. The world changed and Cyborg is one of the few DC heroes who has a big following amongst children. Which y'know superheroes are aimed at at the end of the day.
>>
>>94584924

As a UK reader, the only way I even got into comics was annuals and the sort-of trades that released with three issues or so of six-month old stories from the US. X-Men, Spiderman, ect. It was these that let me follow Wolverine's origin and follow the Clone Saga and Scarlet Spider. My newsagent only stocked so many, so I would miss some. I even had a subscription to Spider-Man, and getting it delivered to my door was like Christmas once a month.

I don't think DC did this, or at least my shop never had them, so I only got into DC (outside BTAS and STAS, and the original films) when I discovered my LCBS in the closest city. The fucking money I spent in there. I had dolls of Thor and Spider-Girl with actual cloth outfits, figures, half the Spider-Girl original run.

All I have left of those days (I was a shitty kid who wrecked his stuff or let it be wrecked) is a battered copy of Marvel vs DC and a Superboy figure.

Thanks for bringing the memories forward, /co/. Felt good.
>>
>>94586066

I keep seeing people say this, but surely in a straight up punch-up, Superman has the edge? Even if MM could theoretically wreck Supes, I just don't see it being allowed to happen outside specific events.

I recall demon-posessed MM beating the League in JLA, and him spiking Ultraman. But that's all that comes to mind.
>>
>>94582843
>DC and Marvel don't care about their comics,
incorrect

Marvel and DC very much still care about their comics. But Disney (and to a lesser extend Warner Brothers) don't.

Marvel and DC do what they can to make their comics, and make them great, but at the end of the day they are just middle men to the mouse and the rabbit. So they do what they can, but if the mouse says "fuck x-men because sony owns the movie rights" Marvel fucks them. And if they rabbit says "make 13 more Batman comics because his movies are the only ones that sell, well prepare for the next "EVERYONE IS BATMAN" crossover event.
>>
>>94582978
That we're still stuck with essentially the initial New 52 roster does smack of preemptive movie pandering.
>>
>>94593441
It's cute that you think that Disney cares even slightly about what the comics are doing, or that the reason they make lots of Batman comics isn't because he's the most popular character in comics by a huge margin.
>>
>>94593392
Mayday got me into comics, my 3rd grade teacher bought me a subscription
>>
>>94593441
No thats ike doing shit at marvel. Disney doesnt give a shit, marvel studios is completely detached from marvel comics because of ike.
>>
>>94585975
You can say the same thing about Cyborg.
>>
>>94592521
>Already established fanbase
Than why do his comics sell so bad?
>>
>>94593525

I've long fallen out of love with Spidey and the extended and spinoff casts, but Mayday still holds a place of nostalgia in my heart. Thanks to that doll, and not getting the internet til years later, she was the first heroine I saw nude.

>tfw you probaby humped it during puberty, but can't quite remember.
>>
>>94592843
>Best known member of the Justice League
No one knows his Origin, or his real name or his villians.
>>
Is anybody else getting a feeling that Marvel doesn't like the X-Men
>>
Crystal looks hot.
>>
>>94582978
Like it or not Vic is now part of the founding members of the JL for years now so it's not tokenism to push him instead of MM and as >>94584200 said, he's really well known among kids as booyah guy and cape movies are aimed at kids
>>
A movie ticket is worth as much as like 3 or 4 comic books
>>
>>94593652
Because comics cyborg is a completely different cyborg from the toon and its written to bad to appeal to the usual comic crowd.

So I flip question to you, why does MM never sell if he is so loved and popular?
>>
>>94593417
Superman's plot-convenience mental defense martial arts style makes him all but immune to telepathy, and heat vision takes out MM phasing or shapeshifting or whatever. Supes doesn't even have to be the infinite fast infinite strong version of himself to win, he just needs his basic power set.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.