[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT characters who only exist to be shit on >Loving father

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: p186248_b_v8_ae[1].jpg (277KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p186248_b_v8_ae[1].jpg
277KB, 960x1440px
ITT characters who only exist to be shit on
>Loving father who works hard every day for his family
>Daughter doesn't respect him
>Wife doesn't respect him
>His own mother who lives in his house rent free doesn't respect him
>He never wins and everything goes bad for him and everyone makes fun of him
Why do cartoon writers like this? I couldn't watch this show because of how mad this shit made me.
>>
I bet Oscar and Jerry would bros for fucking LIFE...leaving Retard Rick alone again.
>>
>>94582590
It WAS a subversion of the wise, respectable sitcom father trope built up years ago. But young writers see parodies and twists and internalize them, then make them the norm when they grow up amd get into the industry
>>
Blame the Al Bundy tv show, it's what introduced non perfect family sitcoms
>>
>>94582590

Did Oscar even win once in the show?
>>
Squidward
>>
What's the general consensus on The Proud Family? It's rarely brought up here. Personally I liked it a lot as a kid
>>
File: Meg_Griffin.png (55KB, 229x340px) Image search: [Google]
Meg_Griffin.png
55KB, 229x340px
>>94582590
>>
>>94584745
I'll always remember their unique episode on "girl power", where Penny joins the football team and then ultimately loses the big game.

I'd never before seen a "girl power" episode of a TV show that demonstrated the capacity for girls to fail at something despite working really hard.

Kudos, Proud Family
>>
>>94583490
>It WAS a subversion of the wise, respectable sitcom father trope built up years ago
No, it was not. The stupid, incompetent father was the rule in that time.
>>
>>94582590
but he wins sometimes
>>
>>94584745
I liked it as a kid, but after trying to rewatch it recently, it just wasn't clicking with me. The animation also wasn't nearly as nice as I remember it being.
>>
>>94585967
Part of that has to do with how it was an early Flash-animated show, so many of its episodes don't hold up all that well compared to the episodes animated in Korea.
>>
Oscar and the mexican dad were the best characters.
I'd just watch a show with them.

Throw in the mexican granddad as well.
>>
>>94582590
Maybe they don't respect him because he's a highly talented man doing the ONE thing he's not good at?
>>
>>94583577
There was the time Wizard Kelly hosted a competition thing where Penny was chosen to pick a basketball player to make a basket from half court for a million dollars. Since her dad was technically a basketball player in high school, he counted, but Penny spent all episode saying she wouldn't even consider it, hurting Oscar's pride. When game time happened, Penny remembered how her dad felt and chose him, and he went to the court. Despite Wizard Kelly mocking Oscar, the entire audience started chanting and cheering for Oscar, and after some intense buildup he ended up making the shot. Wizard Kelly decided to be a fucking asshole (as usual) by paying the family one million "Wizard Bucks" (only useable at like two places in town), but it didn't change the fact that Oscar won the episode.
>>
>>94587180
I would have murdered Wizard Kelly. But at least Oscar got to be happy, at least once.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.