[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, compare to /v/ and if you wanna count them /a/, we're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: logan.jpg (55KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
logan.jpg
55KB, 320x480px
You know, compare to /v/ and if you wanna count them /a/, we're pretty blessed that we have gotten a good amount of kino /co/ adaptations.
>>
>>94579083
Bump
>>
The state of video game movies is pretty depressing, though...
>>
File: 1497599886477.png (4MB, 4165x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1497599886477.png
4MB, 4165x5000px
>>94579083
>>
File: 1500505578114.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1500505578114.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>94579083
Nah, Max Payne comes first.
>>
File: KONO DIO DA.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KONO DIO DA.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>94581358
Well, there is Castlevania.
>>
>>94579083
It's because comics have been around long enough that there are enough 40 and 50 somethings that are old enough to have nostalgia for good capeshit comics, and therefor the common sense to make good adaptions rather than either mangling everything about them or completely revamping the overall look to be completely different and therefor more "marketable".

In other words, give it 10-20 years.
>>
>>94581818

>completely revamping the overall look to be completely different and therefor more "marketable"

*cough*GotG*cough*
>>
>implying Speed Racer was not amazing carkino
>>
>>94582445

And DB: Evolution cancels that out.

Hopefully the Death Note movie will be good. I have no hope for it as an adaptation, but it could just be an entertaining Adam Wingard movie.
>>
>>94583196
How was Blair Witch? I enjoyed You're Next and The Guest but I've not seen Blair Witch.
>>
>>94583273

>How was Blair Witch?

A remake with all the good parts taken out and replaced with Hollywood theatrics. Totally missed the point of the original but had no issue ransacking its corpse for imagery to ruin.

I really liked The Force Awakens, but when I watched Blair Witch I realised the mindset of the people who hated that film, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>94581755
That's ours now, fuck them
>>
>>94579083
We really are, and I appreciate your attitude on this. The fact is, we're spoiled - as evidenced by nonstop whining and shit flinging. Even the worst modern capeshit flicks are decent, and the best are pure kino (OP's pic related). I feel for /v, I really do. There's so many characters and stories there that could also be kino if done proper justice. I think the Hollywood mentality is still to look down upon video game properties and see them as silly or just a cheap cash grab. Comics at this point have a much larger and influential history, due to how long they have been around in our culture. Video games will get there, I'm sure.
>>
>>94579083
Logan was something else.
>>
>>94581358
It is and I don't get why. I saw some of AssCreed and it boggles my mind how they keep jerking back and forth between the memory and the present mid-fight! It's so jarring!

Then there's cryptic dialogue and people staring at each other for 20-30 seconds at a time. How do you even think that's ok as a big time director?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.