[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so, do you receive a yellow ring based on your ability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: 3204361-3203020-sinestro_corps2.jpg (254KB, 726x488px) Image search: [Google]
3204361-3203020-sinestro_corps2.jpg
254KB, 726x488px
Okay, so, do you receive a yellow ring based on your ability to instill fear, or your own intense feelings of fear? Or is it both? The rest of the emotional spectrum seems to be 'mastering' that specific emotion, so does that mean all of the Sinestro Corps is in a constant state of fear?
>>
It's both.

Did you not read the leadup to SCW? They were obviously generally fucked up people who scared others but Sinestro had them mastering their own fear first in those cocoons as well.
>>
>>94577724
Is the implication for Sinestro that he has both?
>>
File: image.jpg (313KB, 1000x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 1000x776px
>>94577707
Power rings feed on fear and sap your will.
>>
>>94577707
>The rest of the emotional spectrum seems to be 'mastering' that specific emotion, so does that mean all of the Sinestro Corps is in a constant state of fear?

it's the negative counterpart of the blue ring, which has a similar dynamic, emphasising the ability to inspire hope in others.
>>
>>94577837
So does each have a negative counterpart? Indigo, Violet and Orange seem kind of understated and sort of pushed aside in the boarder lore. That being said I'm only just starting to get really into the GLs.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 992x1528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 992x1528px
>>94577805
The yellow rings are now weak towards green rings. And cannot create constructs near greens anymore.
>>
I'm pretty sure Qwardian rings were originally powered by stealing energy from GL rings, so as an extension of that I guess they chose ring bearers in the Sinestro Corps by their abilities to overcome great willpower with the ability to instill fear.
>>
>>94577772
Probably?

I guess it's debatable if mastering your own fear is actually required to wield or if he just did it because he's GL and it just seems natural.
>>
>>94577892
Yellow rings had no weakness in the old days. They was more powerful. Unlike johns run where on near equal footing.

They required stealing green energy to power up and used will as well. Plus the constructs was just yellow versions of green constructs.

Nero is the first to have distorted ugly monster constructs.
>>
Inspiring fear, but to get the first spark of a charge, you have to confront your own fear.
>>
>>94577870
Star Sapphires and Red Lanterns are on opposite ends of the spectrum and drive their wearers crazy

Blue Lanterns can actually sate Larfleeze's greed somehow.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 400x321px
>>94577949
Bizarro yellow lantern was weak towards green and couldn't absorb green.

The qwardians powered their yellow ring out of their energy pre crisis. Now it's the fear emotion.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 621x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 621x285px
>>94578118
Old Qwardians ring users costumes was un uniform and not all yellow.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 782x793px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 782x793px
>>94578196
Nero.
>>
File: image.gif (136KB, 239x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
136KB, 239x699px
>>94578227
Anti matter corps
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.