[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know you're a hack writer when the entire premise of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 24

File: 1502454565175.jpg (33KB, 1190x670px) Image search: [Google]
1502454565175.jpg
33KB, 1190x670px
You know you're a hack writer when the entire premise of the episode was "ayyy lmao im a pickle isn't that random and funny" really pandering to 12 year old redditors. I have a feeling the next 2 episodes are gonna be shit aswell.
>>
File: 1467236519354.jpg (37KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
1467236519354.jpg
37KB, 352x450px
>>94575508
>"ayyy lmao im a pickle isn't that random and funny" really pandering to 12 year old redditors

The whole entire series is like that

fuck off
>>
>>94575508
I thought the premise was Rick's chaotic adventures confronting with the reality that he's a crappy parent and grandfather.
>>
You know your a crappy viewer when you don't know what a premise is and you haven't picked up on elements that have been in the show is since it started
>>
>>94575508
you know, i'm starting to think this IS "the smartest show on television" when so many people can't pick up on the simplest concepts in this show.
>>
>>94575567

Don't you pick on OP like that. He only watched the first 30 seconds of the episode and doesn't know what the rest of the show he's criticizing contains. It's not his fault his attention span is so short!
>>
>show has no complaints about specific writers until some of the writers are women

Really bakes the ol' edibles.
>>
>>94575789
The writer for Get Schwifty got shat on as well.
>>
File: 1344448271836.png (14KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
1344448271836.png
14KB, 400x321px
I get the feeling that all these new threads are being made by people who have never seen this show before. Literally almost every episode of Rick & Morty is obviously just some random premise that the writers improvised, and then did everything else afterwards. Do you really believe this show has ever been especially serious or high brow? It hasn't. It's always been fart jokes, random improvisations, movie references, throw-away humor, and so on. Just admit the only reason you don't like it is because it's too popular, and you feel that you have to talk about anyway.
>>
File: 1446759958404.gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1446759958404.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>Rickan Morty is nothing but "random" meme bullshit: The Series
>gets popular because of the "jokes"
>Pickle Rick happened
>"muh muh Rickam Morty bloboooboooo"
>>
>>94575789
>imagine an alternate scenario where /co/ never learns the writers are women
>pickle rick episode airs
>/co/: what the fuck is this redd*t shit?

It's still a lazy writing.
>>
>>94575508
I thought the part of the episode before the opening was good, it looked like it was being meta and self-aware. Then they played it straight, and the rest of the Pikcle Rick subplot was a fucking disaster. Not the worst episode, Season 2 had worst moments, but I don't like how the show started to rely on gore and shock humor after the second half of S2.
The therapist plot wasn't bad, and I like seeing more of Beth in a context unrelated to Jerry. She was pretty good in this episode.

And I'm starting to get tired about Rick's "INFINITE TIMELINES NOTHING MATTERS" being shoved in every episode.
>>
>>94576033
>>
File: PicklesRick.jpg (107KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
PicklesRick.jpg
107KB, 624x352px
I TURNED MYSE[URP]ELF INTO A DRUMMER, MORTY
STOP TRYING TO DIG FOR A DEEPER MEANING HERE
I'M PICKLES RIIIIIIIIIIIICK
WUBALUBANOGOOOOO[URRP]OOOD
>>
You know you're a hack 4channer when you bitch about an episode you haven't even seen, and everybody knows it because you misinterpreted the premise of the scene.
>>
Why do women like pickles so much?
>>
>>94576160
I laughed, but I ain't happy
>>
The lolsorandum humor isn't what's killing this show. It's the preachy nihilism. Every other conversation in the Mad Max episode was about nihilism or chastising characters who weren't nihilist. Summer and Rick are he worst offenders.
Two nihilists (one more annoying than the other), one beta, one depressed mom and no dad. The show is losing chemistry.
>>
>>94576307
Preach.

>>94575898
OP here. I've religiously watched the 2 previous seasons. I think S3E1 is a work of art. What this episode lacks is cleverness. There was always something clever happening. I understand that all these cartoon fags are saying that "I dont appreciate the finer deeper layers". Look, I've watched this episode 4 times now, enough to make a decision on it. Yes I got that the 'beth is going to theraphy, rick is a bad dad', etc. is a story arc right now. But the execution of this long-expected story arc (it's really been anticipated since half-way through S1) was horribly executed.
>>
>>94576307
But the entire point of the episode is that their nihilism was all just a fucking act.
>>
>>94575508
I thought it was hack writing to have the female therapist of all people put Rick "in his place"
>>
>>94577967
Why? That's what therapists do. Analyze people.

>female therapist

Oh, OK. I see the problem.
>>
>>94576307
Grow up
>>
>>94576033
>you're wrong because i can imagine you being wrong
>>
I think like half of this show is improv, the guy probably went off on some improv thing, and the writers just took his improv and made it an episode, thus pickle rick
>>
>>94576114
>one man is bad but 99 men are good
>99 women are bad but one woman is good
Well gee, it's almost as if people base their opinions on probability rather than at random. Why would ANYONE do that?
>>
>>94576253
From the Fifty Shades news, I thought they liked cucumbers more.
>>
>>94575508
Roiland stop going online and calling your own show shit.
>>
>>94578008
>That's what therapists do. Analyze people.
lol

No, their job is to say "okay, and how does that make you feeeeeeel?"
>>
>>94575553
he isn't in a pickle because he IS the pickle, it's literal symbolism
>>
>>94575733
>You need to watch all the episodes to get it!
You can't trick me into watching this sub Family Guy shit.
>>
>>94578427
family guy doesn't have a TRUCK shaped like one of the characters, drooling and driving around selling merchandise!!!!!

checkmate
>>
>>94578303
>Well gee, it's almost as if people base their opinions on probability rather than at random. Why would ANYONE do that?

Because people don't actually base their decisions on probability. The correct statement would be more like, "wow, you're one of the % of X/Y that's good/bad at Z".

An overall statement or absolutist stance based on a statistic is not really a simple statistic anymore.
>>
File: tmp_777-1493698846967286783623.gif (169KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_777-1493698846967286783623.gif
169KB, 267x199px
>>94576114
There's a low percentage of girls in STEM programs because they DO suck at math.
>>
>>94575789
What are Raising Gazorpazorp and Get Schwifty then? Those both get constant shit and they are written by men.

Basically due to all the shitposting any criticism of the episode is deflected to "well you hate women" or "you're a contrarian".
>>
>>94578008
Nice bait.
Anyway, she didn't analyze Rick, just condescendingly defended her profession while trying to belittle him and his chaotic but vastly more interesting life.
It felt like the writers self inserting as the therapist so they can have a little you go girl moment
>>
>>94578719
>his chaotic but vastly more interesting life.

And destructive not only to himself but those he cares for.
>>
>>94578399
What a boring fucking job. I can't imagine why therapists just don't subtly drive their patients to suicide or killing other people.
>>
Trolling aside, this episode struck at something deeper that may be addressed later or just left there: Rick's parenting ruined the family and he won't take responsibility. It's a chain of people not taking responsibility. People like that don't ask for forgiveness and they probably don't even want it.
>>
the show is always going to be about a chaotic universe and shenanigans with the nuggets of actual wisdom and any boring "morals" behind tons of jokes and anyone who can't understand that should just get the fuck out and stop watching

men and women are different on a fundamental level but we all deserve a say in the world, even if it doesn't come across great to the public who view it, there is going to be some discrepancy in how females are viewed in fiction but it is a fictional world, yes they are weaker than men and have a mental skill-set that is often all together different, but you children need to get the fuck over it and let them have a little fun in fiction, where they can
>>
>>94575508
>I have a feeling I'm gonna be ready to turbo-shitpost about the next two episodes regardless of their merit or content

oh yeah? probably so, anon, probably so
>>
File: 1498782510179.png (105KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498782510179.png
105KB, 400x400px
>>94578008
You have to admit though its such a woman thing to do.

Here you have this guy that's arrogant, smart, and rarely ever loses.
And then this female character comes along and tries to humble him in the most passive aggressive way possible while maintaining her composure to appear in control of the situation so the audience will think she humiliated Rick.

Dont be surprised to see these chick writers try to turn Summer into a female version of Rick later on so she can eventually steal the spotlight from him.
>>
>>94579143
Wow, 4chan's persecution complex really is something. You guys aren't upset about what she said, you're upset at the fact that it was a woman saying that.
This episode was better than some of the episodes in Season 2, even if the jailbreak scene was fucking garbage.
The therapist in this episode just was an exposition machine that spoonfed the audience with what's wrong with Rick and his family, but people here firmly believe that the (((female))) writer somehow had a grudge against Rick so she made a self-insert to own him, which is a fucking retarded line of reasoning.
>>
>>94579257
Shut up you idiot roastie and go back where you came from
>>
>>94579296
Cry me a river, faggot.
>>
>>94578848

Yep. The show's A and B storylines are always untethered and grounded, respectively, yet the untethered one focusses on science/logic and the B-plot is all emotion. In the same way an episode needs a slice of life to keep the madness relatable, Rick's all logic but still needs his family. This divorce schism has Rick and Beth feeling like they don't rely on anyone or care about feelings, but the kids (and Jerry) aren't in that place at all. This episode underlined that.

I'm relieved desu. Episode 1 was hilarious but it had all these ex-Newgrounds animators (looking at Flashgitz) raving about its new direction, because I guess they like Rick as a god who always punches down. Then they get mad when that was setup for character development, to give altitude before a fall.

People like OP are just mad the show's not as shallow and perspectiveless as they are.
>>
>>94579371
and i will drown you in it fucking roastie
>>
>>94575508
Well, the hack writer has achieved more than you ever will, OP.
>>
>>94579257
>You guys aren't upset about what she said, you're upset at the fact that it was a woman saying that.

>strawmanning this hard
Let me guess, BvS hater?
>>
>>94579431

I preferred the therapist's dialogue too.
Case in point: Dan Harmon goes to therapy. Clearly he knows which is the stronger argument
>>
>>94579371
are you single
post feet

link me your tumblr
>>
>>94579391
>they like Rick as a god who always punches down
Is that a problem? Why can't there be more variety in media? I loved Silver Age stories because of how crazy they could get, but those types of stories are so scarce these days.
>>
>>94579500
>BvS
Here we go. The two worst kinds of /co/ autism in one thread. This is going to be hilarious.
>>
Why does pickle rick trigger leaking /pol/tards so much?
>>
>>94579539

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a big part of why I personally like the show. But it's a facet of his character, not the whole of it. And I think Harmon knows that turning this into another shrine to Harmon-ness, as an 'everyone has to tolerate the mean smart cool guy' show (see: his entire catalogue), will put it on a downward slope. I loved that at the end of the last season it seemed like Rick was a little selfless and might grow as a person, only for it to be squashed in s3e1. That they're setting up a rug beneath Beth and Rick (I predict the kids will move in with Jerry and then Beth will have to take a hard look at herself to win them back, including rejecting her dad) is poetic. I can't get enough of this show.
>>
>>94579619
go back to /pol/
>>
>show gets popular
>all of a sudden people start coming out of the woodwork hating it
huh.........
>>
>>94578361
Pickles are cucumbers.
>>
>>94579391
>>94579645
Thiiiiiis. All of this.
>>
>>94579832
Aren't pickes cucumbers but with extra stuff on them?
>>
>>94575508
The premise of the episode wasn't just that he was a pickle. the premise of the episode was that he was willing to do so just to avoid family therapy because he thoguht he was too smart to be lectured by a therapist, when in fact him turning himself into a pickle and almost getting killed proved how much he actually needed to be in this therapy. (which is elaborated in the monologue by the therapist near the end of the episode)
>>
>>94578818
Because my introverted nature means that people are naturally inclined to dump their problems on me because in their eyes "quiet&introverted=thoughtful&deep". Add this to the fact that I get a genuine satisfaction from helping people work through their shit + a deep interest in the human mind and altered states of consciousness and there you have it

t. studying to be a therapist
>>
>>94579948
That's a great fucking point.

but your a name/trip fag so i hate you and everything you say.
>>
>>94579680
It was always popular, dickface. Take your "contrarian" meme somewhere else.
>>
>>94580191
They're a specially annoying tripfag.
>>
>>94580202
No, during Season 1 it wasn't mainstream at all.
>>
>>94580235
Oh really? Because I remember everyone and their mothers saying how much of a good show it is. Yes, I mean outside 4chan.
>>
When does R&M start getting bad? I just finished S1 and liked almost all of it. The last episode and anatomy park were the weakest ones, but still enjoyable.
>>
File: google trends.png (14KB, 1386x275px) Image search: [Google]
google trends.png
14KB, 1386x275px
>>94580259
Even at its peak during Season 2 the searches on Google barely pass the 25% of the current Google searches.

Back when it was airing it was popular within the nerdy circles. Now it's legit mainstream.
>>
>>94580514
Mid Season 2. You'll notice an increase in gore that marks the downhill in quality. The early S2 episodes have some good ideas behind them.
>>
File: 150 extra engineers.jpg (52KB, 450x460px) Image search: [Google]
150 extra engineers.jpg
52KB, 450x460px
>>94578719
>chaotic but vastly more interesting life
I hate it that people feel the need to lead "interesting" lives, with the definition of "interesting" being "whoosh bang crikey explosion adventure".
I mean, I want to become an engineer and build machines for 45 years till I turn 70 and retire and nowhere does adrenaline pounding excitement factor into that unless my numbers were wrong and the machine I built blows up. It is perfectly fine to choose a craft and then work towards excelling at it, especially if it is pedestrian. The world has been built by the struggles of a hundred billion people in the past, chipping in bit by bit trying to make it a better place. That is very worthy and only incredibly superficial thrillseekers would diss it.
I mean, what the fuck does excitement add to the world, to human society? Little more than instability.
>>
>>94578818
Please tell me you're a teenager.
>>
>>94575508
only scene I almost laughed at was when the teacher said "Do you eat poo too?"
then they hammered that joke into the ground
>>
>>94577967
Why mention that she's female?
>>
The joke is that he's gotten himself into a pickle.

Its a pun you dumb niggers. Because he's literally gotten himself into a pickle.
>>
>>94575508
why would you lie on the internet
>>
>>94580896
NO, ANON IT'S ABOUT THE FEMINIST AGENDA
>>
>>94580866
Why is it a problem?
>>
>>94575508
>hack!
>redditors!
>shit!

Here's that (You) you wanted, don't spend it all at once
>>
>>94575508
>ayyy lmao im a pickle isn't that random and funny

>ayyy lmao im tiny riiiiiick isn't that random and funny
>ayyy lmao im suddenly a dad now rick what do isn't that random and funny
>ayyy lmao the purge but with furries isn't that random and funny
>ayyy lmao come on down to little bits isn't that random and funny
and that last one is actually improvised

I like the show man, but let's not pretend it never did that
>>
>>94580985
In the sense that you don't have a valid reason to complain and you've probably got mommy issues, then yeah.
>>
>>94581065
The improvised bits I give a pass because *they were actually improvised*.
The rest of the shit you mentioned had clever bits in it that went farther than just "hey im a pickle now".

This new episode was fucking tailor crafted to mass-appeal amongst 14 year olds. Look at the fucking rating.
>>
>>94575508
Why do we have to have a new version of this fucking thread every two seconds

Shut up who cares
>>
>>94575508
Compare this atrocity with another therapist episode from a different show.
Hey Arnold comes to my mind , in this the therapist is not a fucking mary sue and have a lot of sessions with Helga.
>>
>>94581340
I think it's too early to have an opinion on the writing. it could escalate. also might be a visual pun, like >>94578421
regardless, it goes to show just how much trouble he's willing to go through just to avoid reality
>>
>>94581508
I liked the visual gag of the motivational poster.
>>
>>94579257
>its ok when a therapist tell you all of that even its the first time you bth meet
>is not something a mary sue will do
All the segment was AND NOW MY OC DEFEAT RICK WITH HIS WISE WORDS EVEN WHEN THEY DIDN'T MEET BEFORE
Also the speech was garbage , one of the wrst in the series.
>its just job lol
But yeah i hate womyn!!
>>
>>94581122
oh man you sure told me
>>
>>94581596
>[...]tell you all of that even its the first time you both meet
people also meet and fall in love over a couple hours in shows and movies. this isn't any different. they just wanna move thing along
my only qualm was the speech is needlessly expositionary, but after seeing /co/s retardation they might've been right in keeping it.
>>
>>94580985
It implies that it's a problem that she's a female or a female therapist.
>>
>>94581750
What are you a fucking mysognyist
>>
>>94581535
>demotivational motivation poster
heh
>>
>>94581596
The speech had the cadence of a speech wiser than what it really was. She didn't really say something revealing. It came off as a little annoying, but that's it.
The therapist thing was rushed because it was a one time thing, she's not a recurring character. I honestly don't see a problem with that.

Boy, you really sound upset.
>>
>>94581596
The family had been talking about Rick. She knows that problem children start with parenting issues and parenting issues start from other parents. Rick skipping therapy is a good place to start because he's the root of the fucked up family tree. Him choosing to lie and put himself in danger to avoid doing something for his family's sake speaks volumes.
>>
>>94577967
>therapist doing their job is now seeing as "putting one in their place"
wew, how thin-skinned you might be.
also it's pretty much the opposite of 'putting them in their place' since her intent is to help, not mock.
>>
>>94581788
How did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>94581846
It was wise, just basic since she's saying a lot of what we already know. She just framed it in a way that the rest of the family now had to hear and face; Rick cares very little about you and will go to great lengths to disappoint. What they saw in the car is that Beth enables him by allowing him to live consequence free.
>>
>>94581877
Exactly. She left it up to him to change. She just said what's going on.
>>
>>94581877
after Rick told her that therapy was worthless and he was literally too intelligent to benefit from it she obviously was offended by it when she mocked him for being trapped as a pickle man.
>>
>>94581906
He's implying that you're a mysogynist for even considering that somebody could think that being a female would be a problem.
Of course he's doing that to mock you.
>>
>>94578421
>"Pickle" is a problem and Rick would rather literally become a problem than deal with the problems he puts his family through
This thought never crossed my mind. It probably never crossed the writer's mind either because it's a lot more interesting than that forgettable rambling by the psychologist at the end.
>>
>>94578818
>>94578399
>No, their job is to say "okay, and how does that make you feeeeeeel?"

Have you ever actually talked to a real therapist or are you basing this on cartoons and jokes?
Therapy is a lot more involved than that
>>
>>94581993
The arrogance behind this post is astonishing.
>>
>>94581989
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>94582112
It's not supposed to. It's supposed to make you upset by calling you what you're calling other people (a mysogynist).
>>
>>94582112
dont think too much about it
>>
>>94582086
It could've been presented in a less verbose and more visual way if that *was* the intent, brainlet.
>>
>>94581979
She's pointing out that he needs therapy. We know it's true because we see him self destructing. He doesn't know it because he thinks he's too smart for therapy.
>>
>>94582144
I'm not calling anyone anything.

>>94582163
No, let's see where this goes.
>>
This show is bad! anyone who likes it is stupid and I'm better than you for thinking that.
>>
>a week ago people were complaining because the show portrays Rick as a god who never faces consequences and Jerry, the good guy who loves his family, as a loser
>now that Rick has been called out people are complaining because "the writer made a mary sue to defeat rick"
You guys are fucking morons.
>>
>>94582144
>I hate feminists.
>Your complaints don't make sense.
>They're not supposed to, they're supposed to be obnoxious.
You know, I always suspected that was the case, but rarely is it admitted so brazenly.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170811-161050.png (303KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170811-161050.png
303KB, 1080x1920px
Isn't this exactly what that Google employee was talking about regarding women and minorities? The first two episodes literally don't have the bare ingenuity that S1 and S2 had.
>>
>>94581973
most of therepy is learning to help yourself, yes. god only helps those who help themselves and whatnot

>>94581979
>someone mocks you
>expect you not to take offense
everybody's human bucko
anyway, she carried on with her job regardless and tried to sweep it under as much as possible
>>
>>94582236
after/co/ saw an episode so obviously about anti-sjw as anti-4chins I lost all hope officially in any sign of intelligence
>>
>>94578427
I think you should at least watch more than the first half-minute of the particular episode you're criticizing.
>>
>>94576160
PICCCCCKLLLEE RICK
>>
>>94581979
Why would the literal smartest man in the world want to spend time covered in rat blood and feces?
>>
I agree. I am very disappointed with the third season of rick and morty.
>>
>>94582417
>expecting the /co/mplaints board to read and watch shit
>>
>>94582454
He didnt want to be, it just happened because he killed a rat.
>>
>>94581979
The funny thing is I could totally see a psychologist responding to him the way she did, ignoring the fact that he was a pickle.
>>
>>94582620
That just shows how the female writer knows therapists very well, because she's a fucking nutjob just like the rest of women and she must have a lot of experience with them.
>>
>>94582122
DICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
>>94582645
HA HA. WELL MEME'D MY FRIEND. TOTES EBIN.
how does one get as RAD as you?
>>
>>94582484
But those are the consequences of his actions. He's smart enough to realize that he's self destructing and bringing down everyone around him but he doesn't care. Therapy can't help you care if you don't want to care.
>>
so i watched this episode for the 4th time because /tv/ keeps trying to convince me theres a secret meaning to everything in the episode, like it's got layers within layers of hidden depth. and i think i'm starting to understand one of them. the pickle is symbolic of rick as a personality? and what he does to his family? but i can't seem to piece together the rest, it's all kind of a mess. like at first glance it seems like lolxdrandum humor...but there's something sinister beneath it, isn't there?
>>
File: pickle_2_1024x1024.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pickle_2_1024x1024.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>94575508
What I find great about this sudden vocal minority who has found Rick and Morty is that they're so blatant when they open their dumb faces to spew their anti-intellectualism. They're really just saying 'oh god fuck me I'm retarded I'm so goddamn retarded I fucking don't get things like an adult and my mind stopped growing before I was able to mature' and everyone who isn't a moron is able to hear it, but they don't seem to understand what those words mean together.

Fortunately, as an adult I do not have to lower myself to acknowledging your crying, I can simply ignore your screeching autistic tantrum as it in no way affects my enjoyment of a cartoon show and the laughs it provides. You should know that it is not intended for you and maybe you should stop watching if you 'just don't get what people like about it'. You'd probably prefer something a little more easy to digest like Family Guy where you don't have to think about what is going on in the episode, you can just laugh every time Peter has a flashback to something. That's your queue to trigger the vocal chords, to open your face, and to laugh hysterically until your skin turns blue from lack of oxygen. Some people need those queues to be able to tell what's going on and there's nothing wrong with you being stupid, lots of people are just like you. I imagine once you learn to accept your own retardation you'll be much happier about many things in life.
>>
>>94583442
lol whoa that's what queue means?
>>
File: 1496968434545.jpg (114KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496968434545.jpg
114KB, 1200x1200px
>>94575508

I can't believe /co/ is this fucking retarded.
>>
>>94578550
No, there's a low percentage because most women don't care about STEM as a career.
>>
>>94583294
The only deep thing here is that Rick is such a shitty guy that he makes up something so stupid only to avoid being with a therapist for his grandchildren, and Beth is such a dependant woman and likewise shitty person that she really didn't care about what was going on with Morty and Summer, she only wants to be with her dad.
>>
>>94583505
yeah i didn't catch any of that at all, i was looking for all the abstract concepts that were being put in place.
>>
>>94578303
>implying that's what actually happens
Nah, it's because people naturally have more empathy to their own sex.
>>
>>94580514
Personally I thought it got bad in some of the season 1 episodes and season 2 was mostly bad. Season 3 continues the trend of mediocre-to-terrible.
>>
File: 1488333423575.png (680KB, 697x572px) Image search: [Google]
1488333423575.png
680KB, 697x572px
>>94578303
Or maybe you are such an autistic man child that knows many more men than women. So when 1 out of 10 men you know are shitty vs 1 out of 2 women you know are shitty, it distorts your version of reality?
>>
>>94583442
>anti-intellectualism
i've been waiting and thank god someone finally came and said it. I feel like anti-intellectualism sums up why Trump got elected

Republicans are so dumb, stupid and white that the only influence they have over other people is $$$$. When it comes to other things though, they don't have a clue so they elected an idiot to feel better about feeling left out all the time. Now they get to do some teasing. Man it's gonna be a long 4 years.
>>
>>94582236
Huh interesting. I didn't know you were incapable of having one opinion over the other but had to have both simultaneously.
>>
>>94582788
post feet
>>
The majority of Rick & Morty fans are from tumblr. They are just appealing to their demo now. It's sad but its not meant for us anymore, just enjoy the first 2 seasons and get over it already.
>>
>>94583294
He literally tells you that there's no depth in any of it and to stop looking for it. Seriously, people are stupid. They've been looking for depth since season 1. The episode about the mcnugget sauce was also trying to tell you to stop looking for lore and depth and all that SU garbage and enjoy the ride instead. But now the ride isn't enjoyable anymore so people are jumping ship.
>>
>>94583715
You're a girl right? Give me your phone number so I can "meet more girls" to "undistort my view."
>>
>>94584510
>has a different viewpoint from you
>must be internally motivated
kys u r self
>>
>>94579257
The reasoning may be correct but the outcome is the same.

It simply an unfortunte fact that there are more funny men than women, and all the really funny women are working on way bigger things that R&M.

This rightful funnelling of very talanted women to the highest level result in the lower levels having significantly less talented women.
>>
>>94584562
can I kys you instead
be my gf
>>
>>94581122
This is basically the 'all homophobes are gay' trope for women.
>>
>>94583616
Entirely incorrect, women have in group bias with regards to sex, men have outgroup bias
>>
>>94582320
>S2
>ingenuity
That season had like two good episodes. /co/ fucking hated it as it was airing and said every episode was the death of the series
>>
>>94584956
>/co/ fucking hated it as it was airing and said every episode was the death of the series
I guess that's going to happen this season too since every episode so far has been treated as if it was the finale.
>>
>>94584898
No, it's purely a human trait of
>ok fiiiiine I'll give you 1 go
>you fucked up that 1 go? Ugh I should have never let your people try at all
I've seen it all the fucking time. People always hold those different to them to more uniformed standards, regardless of occurrence.
>>
>>94585081
>>you fucked up that 1 go?
This part is optional.
>>
The whole Rick is an asshole that'll never change thing is getting tiring. It was funny in Season 1, but it's starting to get old.
>>
>>94585521
He showed signs of wanting to change towards the end of Season 2 but now they seem to have back peddled on his development
>>
>>94585565
This episode really just felt like them telling us he's never going to change. They acknowledged the problem, and then showed us Rick and Beth are too entrenched in their own bullshit to ever change. I honestly hope Summer and Morty end up with Jerry because despite being pathetic, he actually gives a fuck about them, and realizes the bullshit Rick puts them through.
>>
>>94585636
Jerry has always cared about his family even though hes portrayed as a total loser. Rick has admitted to not giving a fuck at all since he can easily replace them.
>>
>>94581993
You are such a sad, bitter person.
>>
File: IMG_1882.gif (1MB, 387x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1882.gif
1MB, 387x263px
>waiting for the next Rick and Morty episode so we can stop talking about Pickle Rick

PICKLE RICK!! !
I
C
K
L
E

R
I
C
K
!!!!!!!
>>
>>94585704
I wish Justin and Harmon would give Jerry his due, but they'll keep playing him as the loser for laughs, despite him being the only person to actually realize what Rick is, and leave that toxic bullshit behind
>>
Fuck off Justin
>>
I feel like this whole season will be parodying (and hopefully expands) on each of there characters extreme selves, for example. Beths denial. They even have showed why rick doesn't go universe to universe not giving a shit about his family (which boils down to it being harder then saving them)
>>
>>94584151
>The majority of Rick & Morty fans are from tumblr.
"The majority of the vocal Rick and Morty fans are from tumblr"
I fixed that for you
They're the most vocal fans of everything because unlike normal people they don't just enjoy things, they are part of "fandoms"
Its really a shame because a lot of things seem to notice this and pander to tumblr which inevitably ruins the show
>>
>>94575508
I went in the episode thinking ''this is way behind retarded'' and no expectation, and it was way less aweful than expected.

Still i can't see how Rick and Morty is this new cult icon of US animation when most of the stuff they do is mediocre at best. But it does have some good animation, can't deny that
>>
>>94578008
>>female therapist
>
>Oh, OK. I see the problem.

Now if they really wanted to up the ante, they remake this episode and put a male therapist in there.
>>
>>94586839
Hahahahh, no.
>>
>>94575508
>completely missing the point
You're stupider than the redditors you make fun of
>>
File: 337362_014.jpg (65KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
337362_014.jpg
65KB, 320x240px
I finally binge watched the show
>>94575733
Oh but I did

Besides the cuck episode and all the retarded attempts of making memes and being hip, AND Harmon's obsession with preaching his ass off to viewers, it has some cool stories. In comparison to the other hated show, Steven Universe, this has periodic moments of being shit, as opposed to be constant shit.

I remember reading a lot of people hating Jerry, why do people hate Jerry? He sounds like and basically is Cyril. He's whiny but everyone shits on him, and Morty as well. That daycare episode and the purge episode sums his entire character up perfectly; He wants to be a normal father and is perfectly fine being that and being with his family, that's NORMAL and for some twisted fucking reason, the show, true to form, shits on the only normal character to pander to its audience yet again about how shit everything is and how awesome being a shitty person is but also throwing in a speech. Too many fucking poop and fart jokes, god is this for 13 year olds? Because it justifies all the haters saying it's for edgy kids.

Summer is cool, yeah she had the obligatory gurl power episode but it wasn't terrible and she fits in well. The microverse and Evil Morty episodes are my favorite. What did Evil Morty even want? To kill all Ricks? To kill all Ricks AND Mortys?

And did we really need TWO multiverse TV shows episodes? Those skits were shit if I wanted to watch people ad lib random shit I'd watch literally any YouTuber.

Also Pickle Rick is a meme, Tiny Rick was WAYYYY more annoying. Pickle Rick is more on the gratuitous gore action side of the show, for better or for worse. It wasn't all that absent of humor either.
>I may have fucked this up
>Ahhhhh thank you moisture wait wait dial it down moisture
And then it went
>LOL do you eat poop too?!?!! xD
That shit is exactly what I'm talking about, one minute I'm amused, the next I'm interested, then I'm just fucking annoyed.
>>
File: 1484861248752.jpg (19KB, 219x265px) Image search: [Google]
1484861248752.jpg
19KB, 219x265px
>>94575508
All I could think about for the first few minutes of that episode was
>I am so random *holds up spork
>I am the Pickle of Doom!!!!!! ^_^
So fucking stupid, Rick has never transformed himself into something else before to try to get out of dealing with his family and issues, that's what the drinking and adventuring is all about, there was no need to add that crap. It just came out of left field to try to force a meme for all the redditors out there to post on social media.
This is why 4chan has always hated and made fun of le quirky randumbness XD people. But now it seems you are not allowed to make fun of the kind of shit 4chan has always made fun of because it's misogynist.
To think people in this thread actually think that it fits fine with the rest of the show.
>>
>>94578399
That's definitely one school but one of many
>>
>>94589253
>a person who avoids their problems with certain actions would never try to avoid their problems with any other methods
Full retard.
>>
>>94575508
WAHH WAHH THIS SHOW I CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT ONLINE IS SO BAD BUT I'M GOING TO CONTINUE TO WATCH EVERY EPISODE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM ONLINE EVERY WEEK
>>
>>94581039
t. hothead
>>
>>94575508
But it's not random or funny. He's doing it to avoid confronting a problem. The rest of the episode shows that Rick is willing to put himself through any challenge, but he still doesn't want to deal with himself or his family's problems, because they aren't interesting.

That's what the psychiatrist is telling him: he has to take on normal, boring challenges like being there for family, or else he'll self-destruct and hurt everyone around him.

Also, it's clearly made out that no one in the family finds this funny. The mom is in denial, and the kids know he just doesn't want to go to therapy.
>>
>>94589513
Why would he find a new way, that is completely out of character, when he can just do exactly as he has been doing?
He wouldn't, he would find some adventure to get himself entangled into instead of *turns self into pickle XD!!!!
If they had come up with a reason to justify him not being able to simply portal then that could segway into a desperate last minute option where he uses the first thing available to him but no such thing happened, it's not like it takes much time or thought, I just came up right now with a reason, why couldn't they?
The writers probably just thought to themselves,
>LOL wouldn't it be funny if Rick was just like a pickle? Rick but a pickle?
>Totally, the internet is going to go wild! Let's do it!
>>
>>94584578
define for me a highest level?
>>
>>94578818
They're not teenage edgelords (usually)
>>
You know you're a borderline brain dead retard when Rick and Morty proves to be too challenging for you understand on more than a surface level. Might as well end yourself tonight OP
>>
How does it feel to have Pickle Rick live in your head rent free?
>>
>>94590228
President Riiiiick!

In season 4.
>>
>>94575567
>mfw a friend believes Rick wants to bang his daughter because of that last scene in the car.
To know there are people who actually think that makes me wonder wtf its wrong with these people.
>>
I think you guys are exaggerating when you say S2 was bad. Only three episodes are actually bad. Schwifty wasn't 0/10 trash like I was expecting, it was just mediocre. Purge was truly awful though. Morty was especially out of character and it was just a boring gore fest. It must have got high ratings/reviews if two out three episodes had similar shit this season.

Why do the writers hate Jerry so much? They're literally whispering "loser" after all his scenes now.
>>
nowhere to go but downhill. since the creator is not actually the most intelligent being in any reality, his characters will suffer for it
>>
>>94590190

It's not that they didn't understand it. It's just that we've reached the tipping point of popularity where iconoclasm becomes hip. The entire shitposting storm began in response to the trailer, not the episode. Because "lolrandumb" is an easy, old rallying cry, even if we're talking about a series that has had a running gag regarding a hypothetical action film franchise called "Ball Fondlers."

You can tell that the episode took the wind out of their sales as well, since it turned out to be a pretty run-of-the-mill episode. So we get shitposting about the five seconds of "lolrandumb" as if the show hadn't done bad surrealist humor before and shitposting about the therapist's speech as though the show wasn't fundamentally rooted in facile philosophy and psychoanalysis (e.g. "nothing matters Summer, so come watch television").

The meat and potatoes of the episode gets a pass, because it was frankly par for the course. The episode as a whole was fine. And while it's certainly reasonable to dislike either element, the simple fact of the matter is that laser focusing on those two elements as emblematic of the entire body is lazy and absurdly reductivist. So, you know, fantastic shitpost fodder.
>>
>>94590868

>wind out of their sales
>>
>>94590402
>fatherxdauther incest
Is your friend by any chance from Japan?
He's kind of fucked up in the head for thinking that.
>>
>>94590662
S2 is bad, S1 is ok. BLACK DYNAMITE DIED FOR THIS SHIT. FUCK YOU FAGGOTS I HATE YOUR FAGGOT SHOW SO MUCH ITS NOT GOOD
>>
File: pickle.png (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pickle.png
178KB, 500x500px
>>94575508
P I C K LE

RI C K
>>
>>94590402
your friend is a fucking imbecile degenerate and needs to kill himself
>>
>>94575508
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMss1CeHOiM
>>
>>94578713
All the criticism boils down to "well there are women now."
>>
>>94582893

Therapy to do what and to what end?

To just stop going on adventures and just be happy with what he has?

Contentment is the death of advancement, ya know.
>>
>>94578818
As someone who's been to a therapist, they're a lot more helpful than you think. They help you get government benefits for one if they think you're under sufficient stress. they get a bad rap on TV because the most extreme cases go to them too.
>>
>>94592363
which is retarded because s2 had Unity and she said basically the same thing.
>>
>>94580515
It's in that special space of mainstream where people who brand themselves "nerds" think they're cool and original for liking it, without noticing that it's popular as fuck. Kind of like Fallout
>>
>>94575789

>show gets women writers
>the writing becomes garbage

Really got my noggin a-joggin.
>>
>>94592414
>Contentment is the death of advancement, ya know.
Yes, for example being content to have ridiculously destructive relationships with your entire family because treating them like people and loving them is too hard for Rick's amazing mind.
>>
File: dexterbanner.jpg (210KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dexterbanner.jpg
210KB, 1920x1200px
Dexter went from a show about a guy that hunts pedos and tortures them to death to a boring soap opera. What changed? Women writers took it over.
Men and women generally have different tastes, they like different things. It is a well-founded for a man to be concerned if an entertainment product he likes changes from male writers to female writers.

FYI Pickle Rick was okay to me, I'm not even shitting on it. I'm shitting on white knights.
>>
WUBALUBADUBDUUUUUUUUUUB
>>
>>94580743
Listen, I get that you know what you want to do, and acknowledge that some would call it 'boring", but you shouldn't be pissed that other people don't want what you want. You shouldn't look down on a group of people who choose to lead their lives in a different way than yours. Then you're doing the exact same thing as the people that your describing are.

>I mean, what the fuck does excitement add to the world, to human society?

Being interesting and contributing to human society aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
File: promo320097983.png (2MB, 1906x1080px) Image search: [Google]
promo320097983.png
2MB, 1906x1080px
>>94575508
You know...(belch) you know /co/urtney you're starting to get on my nerves.

You...you read Deadpool for Christ's sake! You waited fiftren years for a new season about a God damn samurai on Gilligan's Island.

I I dont wanna hear it /co/urtney.
>>
>>94593463
>Being interesting and contributing to human society aren't mutually exclusive.
Are you retarded? The only way to preserve the human race is to be as straight-laced and boring as possible, to live a plain, ordinary life. The most exciting thing that should happen to me is my single beer on alternating days with dinner, because men drink beer.

What sort of deviant shit are you doing with your life? Having fun? Put away childish things, get a haircut and a suit, and stop enjoying yourself, for our lord Jesus Christ's sake. You're an adult.
>>
>watch episode 2
>well this was kinda meh, who wrote it
>see its the new feminist writers before I even knew they signed them on
>cant even say anything bad about it now because it would be mysoginist

Christ, but seriously episode 2/3 had 0 laughs. I saw some garbage AS posted about how women were in the show all along designing props and stuff, but that is such a stupid equiviince.

Yes, the women are fine being assisants and side workers on smaller things, and prop/character designs work well in their professions (just like a womans job should be taking care of a family).

But she should NEVER be put in the writing position, women can no write humor.
>>
>>94583442
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
File: eg0Hlg1I.jpg (261KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
eg0Hlg1I.jpg
261KB, 1252x1252px
Anyone got the link the the mega stash of r&m episodes
>>
File: Reddit and Memey.jpg (123KB, 1041x570px) Image search: [Google]
Reddit and Memey.jpg
123KB, 1041x570px
>>94575508
>>
>>94593463
Being an engineer is super interesting. It's what actually counts as science, unlike zany adventures of superintelligent "scientist" McGee in your favourite capeshit or indeed Rick. That's just magic dressed up as science. WHich is better than magic at least, but only superficially.

Truth is, brass tacks science and engineering is running numbers, doing experiments in as controlled as possible environments, jotting down the results, then making more experiments based off of those results, thusly bit by bit improving the world. That's not whoosh explosion crikey fun, but that's the way it is. Some people find this exciting in its own way, such as me. Some people don't. Some people rather watch NASCAR crash compliations on Youtube with the volume turned all the way up.

>>94594068
Such as this guy! Boy, I wonder what I'd be like if I couldn't entertain myself with a book and would need 'excitement'. By the way, reading books (or at the very least websites that actually contain valuable learnings) enables you to build sick shit. Such as the 3D printer I am currently building from scratch. You know what I'll print with it when I'm done? A functioning gun. I will have fun with explosions once that thing inevitably blows up. See where that anti-intellectualism gets you.
>>
>>94576033
4Chan think everything is reddit so your argument is meaningless.Reddit is a buzzword that mean "i dont feel hipster enough watching this program" or "i dont like this"
>>
>>94589864
The writers probably just thought to themselves
Wouldnt that be funny if X ? FTFY
Not everything revolves around pleasing Internet,you self centered Comic Book Guy-esque hipster
>>
>>94595410
>Truth is, brass tacks science and engineering is running numbers, doing experiments in as controlled as possible environments, jotting down the results, then making more experiments based off of those results
Yeah wow, totally not boring at all, I totally wanna watch a show about a guy taking notes, that'll be interesting.
Just because you like that doesn't mean everybody is or should be exactly like you, especially if they had to be all high and mighty about it like you are. Why can't you just appreciate that some people have and find different things interesting? You can make a bunch of strawman arguments about muh nascar or whatever, but at the end of the day it's just about what get's people up out of bed in the morning.

You can read books to entertain yourself and also look at nascar explosions for entertainment, not everything is mutually exclusive, unless you live in some kind of autistic black and white universe where everything has to be either one way or another.
Relax dude it's just a whack sci-fi show about a depressed grandpa and his multi-dimensional adventures
>>
>>94578719
Or you're in just as much denial as Rick that he is the source of his family's dysfunction.

Beth is so desperate to hold onto her father who abandoned her that she ignores all his faults and has elevated him into this saint-like figure in her mind, to the detriment of her family. And, she has learned her parenting directly from him.

The kids are trying to reach out for help, but Beth and Rick refuse to give in to a moment of introspection (even though they're both clearly capable of it) for fear of showing weakness. The being ignored in turn is eating away at the kids and causing all sorts of physical manifestations of their angst and ignored cries for help.

Jerry's still just fucking useless though.
>>
>>94575508
It's your fault for even watching this piece of shit after that abhorrent season 2 finale. You got what you deserved.
>>
>ITT
>CC: R&M WHY V15.7

>ITT: No one has ever heard the saying, "In a pickle" as used to reference being in trouble/an inconvenience.
>>
>>94575508 (OP)
the whole pickle thing was a escape goat for rick to not see the therapist, he even admits it at the end.
>>
>>94594068
You are the poster child of who this show caters to

Clean your face
>>
File: thinkingHARD.png (163KB, 615x907px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingHARD.png
163KB, 615x907px
show is doomed.
>>
>>94575508
>4chan cares more about Pickle Rick than the writers or anyone else who saw the episode
The person whom the joke was supposed to affect the most, Morty, had no reaction to it. The entire tone of the scene was based around Rick being an asshat and trying to get a reaction with his shitty behavior.

If you're afraid someone's trying to manipulate your emotions, you've already lost.
>>
File: 757639459205.jpg (31KB, 362x238px) Image search: [Google]
757639459205.jpg
31KB, 362x238px
Are you intelligent enough to watch Rick and Morty, /co/?
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.