[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is why animation isnt taken seriously i think we can all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 14

File: descarga (5).png (2MB, 1552x873px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (5).png
2MB, 1552x873px
This is why animation isnt taken seriously
i think we can all think of something that is more deserving of an award than this pseudo pixar regurgitated shit
Yet this is what every normie will see when they open facebook and then they will go well crearly this is all animation has to offer, look at all the awards it got and how many people have seen it
>>
go back to r e d d i t
>>
op you don't even watch any animated shorts that get submitted to film festivals
You don't even know what film festival this was submitted to
>>
>>94575049
I refuse to watch it. It looks very cookie-cutter and a product of mediocrity in terms of substance. It may be technically well made, but it looks like it is so far behind in what it is achieving for animation.
>>
>>94575058
why?
is there something you want to show me there?
>>94575066
how is that an argument?
how is this crappy short any kind of animation achievement
>>
>>94575082
>how is that an argument?
>>I think we can all think of something that is more deserving of an award
Go ahead then, name one
>>
>>94575075
think of a brain dead moron
now picture that brain dead moron coming out of the theater after watching the latest pixar film and sayin yeah i can totally do that only cheaper and as a 4 minute short
>>
boohoo
>>
>>94575095
double king
the fucking opening animation from sonic mania
>>
>>94575049
>double king

You can't win anything if you don't submit your work to the awards. Did Felix Colgrave submit?

>>94575114
>the fucking opening animation from sonic mania

I thought you were complaining about hollow, corporate media designed to tug on a specific emotion in order to generate cash?
>>
>>94575149
>You can't win anything if you don't submit your work to the awards. Did Felix Colgrave submit?
how could i know that? its still way more deserving
>I thought you were complaining about hollow, corporate media designed to tug on a specific emotion in order to generate cash?
no, im complaining about disney and pixar
>>
>>94575101
Sounds about right. Animation is becoming inbred more and more. People are afraid to break the norms and do something different.

Instead of worshipping Disney like they did in the past they are worshipping Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Pixar, and Dreamworks and treat them like gods. Having to conform to what they say is the trend.

People need to break away from these without turning into Sony animation and Illumination when they fail hard.

I'm genuinely surprised the great animation directors (tv and movies), or even just great animators don't come together to form their own studio. In order to create what they want. There is bound to be investors willing to help them out.
>>
>>94575168
>Animation is becoming inbred more and more. People are afraid to break the norms and do something different.
exactly
this thing deserves an anti award
>>
>>94575168
What you're describing is somewhat what Laika does, and they're a financial failure only kept afloat by Nike
At the end of the day 3D animation is fucking expensive and these people need fucking jobs
>>
>>94575168
>Having to conform to what they say is the trend.

No, having to conform to what they say is how you get a paying job.

>>94575168
>I'm genuinely surprised the great animation directors (tv and movies), or even just great animators don't come together to form their own studio. In order to create what they want.

They did. It's called Laika.

>There is bound to be investors willing to help them out.

There aren't. Again, see Laika. Investors don't want art. They want a return on their dime. Untested shit doesn't make money - until it does. This is why surprise hits are copied and cloned and sequeled and milked until people complain there's nothing new.

Every time there's a thread like this, it's all people who don't understand how the industry works. There's a reason they call it the industry.
>>
>>94575187
Laika bleeds money. It's kept alive solely be the son of the guy who owns Nike as a pet project.
>>
>>94575182
>>94575187

As an addendum, a lot of this problem could be solved by greater government subsidy of the arts, like you see in, say, Canada, Britain, and Australia. But in the U.S., we started and stayed with film and TV as an essentially private industry and that's why it's money driven over everything else. Everything.
>>
>>94575182
thats because the only audience for animation is children and stoners
that disney makes movies for everyone is bullshit, they make movies for kids that dont make parents feel like abandoning them in the theater and running away
>>
>>94575195
That was my point. Laika has no investors because their films do not make money.
>>
>>94575196
>Canada
I thought the only reason they did that was because theyre scared of becoming too Americanized
>>
>>94575196
>a lot of this problem could be solved by greater government subsidy
and then all the money goes to the best friend of the guy who decides what gets subsidised great
>>
America is no longer the center of the animation world or even of much relevance, artistically speaking (it might still make the most money). Not everyone has caught on, though.
>>
>>94575210
in all fairness coraline was their only good movie
>>
>>94575049

name something better with the same level of quality in animation and story telling.
>>
>>94575182
>>94575187
>>94575195
>>94575210
Laika is certainly verging on Illumination and Sony Animation is terms of shit. Not necessary the art talent portion, but the story side. Their stories aren't that fantastic.

They also have shit marketing.

At the very least they are doing something though. They are using their time and abilities to craft fantastic visuals. While being subsidized by someone with someone else's money. Again, they need to figure out their story writing. I liked ParaNorman, but it was only slightly better than Kubo.
>>
>>94575049
How does one short change the way animation is viewed and what awards has it won?
>>
>>94575254
Anything.
>>
>>94575049
its only gotten so much attention because of viral backlash from smoothbrains who keep spamming it everywhere crying about faggots or how people only like it because it has faggots in it.
you couldn't handle a mediocre animation student getting a shiny trophy to balm their thousands of dollars of student debt and now you've made them famous, congratulations on playing yourself
>>
>>94575254
>pixar boy has a crush on another pixar boy, so sad
>quality animation
>quality stroy telling
i think you got lost in your way to the special needs class
>>
>>94575254
This. It's rare for small studio shorts to be of this quality.
>>
>>94575261
By being something completely different to the expected perceptions of the public at large.

That does not mean that it has to be edgy or contrarian for contrarian sakes. It is in someway a lightning in a bottle situation. If pulled off it'll revolutionize perceptions for decades to come.
>>
>>94575278
>its only gotten so much attention because of viral backlash
>its only popular because you dont like it fallacy
>>
>>94575254
Anything by Gobelins is a good start.
>>
>>94575297
Filling less than four minutes of runtime is not exactly hard.
>>
>>94575299
>By being something completely different to the expected perceptions of the public at large.
this short was anything but
>>
>>94575324
It is when it's animated entirely in 3D
>>
>>94575325
I wasn't say that the short did that, but if a short wanted to change the landscape that is how it'll have to do it. Roughly speaking.

I really should have first answered >>94575261 question by saying that it didn't.
>>
>>94575299
That makes sense, but how does In a Heartbeat make it so that animation isn't taken seriously? If the answer is the same, then any animation that isn't lightning in a bottle is part of the problem. I'm still curious how how many awards it's won because I'm not seeing any on IMDB.
>>
If an animated short can get this much attention just for having gay people in it then that honestly says a lot about the current state of animation in America
>>
>>94575343
how does that make it hard?
there are 12 year old kids making 3d animation on youtube
>>
>>94575343
It's not hard even then.
>>
>>94575360
>how does In a Heartbeat make it so that animation isn't taken seriously?
by giving an award to the least deserving thing out there
>>
>>94575324
The animation is good. People are calling it Pixar like that's a bad thing.
>>
>>94575400
i bet you watched cars4
>>
>>94575390
Again, you have no clue what this thing was even up against
Go look up its competition and show us what deserved an award more
>>
>>94575390
What all was nominated? What award did it win?
>>
I always love how these arguments always come up in regards to anything not starring or made by straight, white guys. Apparently the only way to stay objective is to give it to them and nobody else, because otherwise its' pandering or white knighting or whatever the fuck else. How coincidental.

>>94575369

>If an animated short can get this much attention just for having gay people in it then that honestly says a lot about the current state of animation in America

That pop culture is still so overly dominated by straight white men that any deviation from the norm is seen as something different?

4chan is so obsessed with le jew agenda that they don't realise how the majority of pop culture still caters to them. Film, TV, Video Games, Music, etc, is still made for you, and the bits that everyone else is slicing off is minuscule.
>>
>>94575409
i dont need to
giving an award to this piece of crap when better stuff has been recently made is offensive
if everything else was even worse then nothing should have gotten an award
it clearly meant something since it sits at 24 million views right now
thats 24 million damage to animaton, youtube is killing animation again
>>
>>94575407
Not an argument
>>
Why is anyone even taking OP seriously this dude is clearly retarded
>>
>>94575432
could you please fuck off somewhere far enough that i dont ever have to deal with you again?
i have seen women and asian people make things way better than this
>>
>>94575407
Professional animation quality isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>94575432
There's been all kinds of gay shit in movies and on TV for many years. Brokeback Mountain being a famous example. But every year There's Still More Work to Do, and past achievements are memory holed.
>>
>>94575451
>giving an award to this piece of crap when better stuff has been recently made is offensive

Again, if that stuff wasn't submitted for any awards , it can't give them. Awards panels don't go trolling Youtube for obscure non-industry shit to throw money at.

If people create something, they have to shill it themselves. This is what the industry is.
>>
>>94575472
He's obvious bait. The short is admittedly lackluster, but nothing you would expect from student films (which it its). The reason it gets so much attention is because it has homos in it. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to each individual, and your not likely to convince the other side on the internet.
>>
>>94575472
OP is hopefully trolling, but maybe we can help him if he's got some brain problems.
>>
File: YouCanRunButYouCantHyde.jpg (41KB, 704x346px) Image search: [Google]
YouCanRunButYouCantHyde.jpg
41KB, 704x346px
IT DIDN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS
>>
File: Argument_Pyramid.jpg (59KB, 679x516px) Image search: [Google]
Argument_Pyramid.jpg
59KB, 679x516px
>>94575472
>>
File: 1499374798914.jpg (31KB, 537x549px) Image search: [Google]
1499374798914.jpg
31KB, 537x549px
>>94575114
>double king
>opening animation from sonic mania
holy shit dude
>>
>>94575482

>There's been all kinds of gay shit in movies and on TV for many years. Brokeback Mountain being a famous example

One movie that came out over a decade ago? There was Moonlight last year, which got swallowed up by the shrieking of it somehow stealing the Oscar over the actual qualities of the movie, which was another example of what I was talking about.

> But every year There's Still More Work to Do, and past achievements are memory holed.

Yes? And? You're acting like being thrown the occasional table scraps should be enough, which is bullshit.
>>
>>94575498
>>94575492

then student films dont deserve awards
>>
>>94575531
You can't prove someone wrong if he didn't even make an argument. OP just came up here and posted some declarative remarks about the short.
>>
>>94575498
It gets attention because it has homos in it and the animation is really good. I'm sure this isn't the first ever animated short to feature gay crushes, but the general quality of it makes it stand out. That's not to say there isn't better out there and I can't properly judge it against anything else submitted along with it, but it's decent.
Certainly better than Lava.
>>
>>94575532
traditional animation in todays world is more deserving of an award than pixar copycat sogay bulshit
even if its a clip at the start of a sonic game
>>
>>94575540
>One movie that came out over a decade ago?
Are you stupid or just pretending? I said it's "a famous example."

>Yes? And?
Oh, you don't have a problem with memory holing things for political purposes. I see.
>>
>>94575482
This. The big issue is that there are people who feel a need to push something new that caters to a particular group as ground-breaking. Rather than let it evolve or develop with people as an organic cultural icon.

Even worse when the project itself lacks subtlety and hammers its message over people's head.

It won't be a project that is looked back on as a great achievement. Just another foot-note. These things have to evolve within the culture naturally. One project at a time. Just don't come out of the gate swinging, let it fucking breathe some.

I mean this short here did a better job of cementing its message than the subject of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iFWyihDvCE
>>
>>94575472
I think OP just likes to complain. No need to get riled up or anything guys. He's just another angry kid on the internet.
>>
>>94575580
Watch that short here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjqiU5FgsYc

As it is the original posting.
>>
>>94575563

>Oh, you don't have a problem with memory holing things for political purposes. I see.

As opposed to what? There's no argument here, just because good things were done in the past doesn't mean there isn't work to be done.
>>
>>94575482
>memory holed
Shut the fuck up, just because we stopped talking about and referencing gay cowboys doesn't mean there was a systematic attempt to cover up its existence. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>94575580
>The disabled dog video
Christ anon I think it's good too but that's literally "and then John was the demons" in terms of story
>>
File: 515.jpg (65KB, 459x302px) Image search: [Google]
515.jpg
65KB, 459x302px
>>94575562
Fuckin hell but of all things THAT
>>
>>94575604
As opposed to not memory holing things.

>>94575608
>Shut the fuck up
I'm sure you would prefer that, since I am saying such inconvinient things.
>>
>>94575556
here is the argument spelled out for you because you clearly need things told to you in a really direct and slow manner
Copying pixar in a 4 minute short is not an achievement on animation and it isnt notorious at all, conformity and laziness shouldnt be awarded especially when an award can give you the amount of press requiered to gather 4 million views on youtube
the people awarding this short either dont know anything about animation and shouldnt be giving awards on animation or they do know about animation and chose to award an undeserving lackluster short when they could have awarded anything else and given attention and praise to something that deserved it instead so maybe one day animation can start moving fowards instead of keep going backwards
the only award this movie should have gotten is a participation trophy
>>
File: 1499397876180.png (118KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
1499397876180.png
118KB, 500x524px
>>94575635
>inconvenient things
>>
>>94575617
thats the point
im making fun of it you dense fuck
>>
>>94575580
>don't come out of the gate swinging

It didn't have a message about what's right or wrong, it didn't need subtly because it's about something simple: A crush.
>>
>>94575647
Yes, inconvinient things. That's what I said. I commend you for your ability to copy and paste text.
>>
>>94575635

>As opposed to not memory holing things.

This is a meaningless statement. Brokeback Mountain came out, it was praised, people moved on. Welcome to human society. Yes, things have gotten better over time for LGBT media. But it can always improve.
>>
>>94575640
Pixar is a benchmark you dipshit, of course they're going to measure their standards by that. Just because they're not doing some new form of animation doesn't mean it isn't skilled or creative. Plus the inclusion of homos on the short ensures that it remains timely ( in animation)
>>
>>94575666
t. Someone with zero self awareness
>>
>>94575635
Right, since you're someone who uses the term "memory hole" to explain why no one around you is talking about a movie from over a decade ago I need to treat you differently.

...Anonymous
08/11/17(Fri)08:46:39 No.94575608
Just because we stopped talking about and referencing gay cowboys doesn't mean there was a systematic attempt to cover up its existence. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>94575684
>Pixar is a benchmark
it shouldnt be
pixar is the coca cola of animaton
it tastes good but its bad for your brain
>>
>>94575699
So basically
>Everything I don't like is Pixar
>>
>>94575699
especially as of late
>>
>>94575676
It's memory holing when every year we get this same horseshit about needing to finally do X, Y and Z even though those things had already been done many times before. Every year the past ceases to exist.

>>94575694
Your admittedly impressive ability to copy and paste text is unrelated to my self-awareness.

>>94575695
I never said people need to be talking about Brokeback Mountain right now.
>>
>>94575713
except this is clearly pixar
and you are not pixar, i hate you because you are a retard
>>
>>94575718
So how was Brokeback Mountain memory holed?
>>
>>94575752
Are you stupid or just pretending? I made it very clear that BBM was just an example, in no way did I even insinuate that it's central to my argument.
>>
>>94575640
it is an original short made by independent animators by kickstarter. It uses gay characters, something that big studios dont dare to use, of course it was going to call attention.
>>
>>94575718

>It's memory holing when every year we get this same horseshit about needing to finally do X, Y and Z even though those things had already been done many times before. Every year the past ceases to exist.

That's just retarded clickbait crap.
>>
>>94575718
So the problem is that you don't like it when clickbait media buzzes around something. Your problem isn't with the short, it's with the your perception of the response to the short. Do you realize how removed from anything meaningful that is?
>>
File: Huh.jpg (58KB, 398x352px) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
58KB, 398x352px
>>94575259
>Laika is certainly verging on Illumination and Sony Animation is terms of shit.

Wait what. Last I checked Laika only had one bad film what happened?
>>
>>94575770
Oh I'm sorry, I must have memory holed it.
>>
>>94575774
It's also a constantly recurring SJW tactic.

>>94575793
>Do you realize how removed from anything meaningful that is?
SJWism is very much meaningful.
>>
>>94575049
You sound assblasted.
I find the short to be nothing special and pretty much normie bait but don't get angry about it anon. It is not like it will be remembered anyways.
>>
>>94575773
so its clickbait?
it should have been a short about ten expensive desseerts you wont belve exist instead hten
>>
>>94575822
So your problem isn't with the short. This has more to do with your culture war than anything else. Should have known.
>>
>>94575862
It isn't "my" culture war, and the political significance of the short is the only thing that matters here.
>>
>>94575806
>Wait what. Last I checked Laika only had one bad film what happened?

Laika's technically brilliant, but lacks the writing to really push their films over the top. They're poorly paced and more about moving from fantastic set-piece to fantastic set-piece.
>>
>>94575793
>it's with the your perception of the response to the short. Do you realize how removed from anything meaningful that is?
its pixar copycat crap
we dont need more of it
imagine if those 24 million views went to something of quality instead, then maybe someone would have deared to make something dfferent, maybe some executive would have seen that animation can target someone other than children and people who watch family guy
>>
>>94575806
They're failing on the writing side of things. Heck they're doing worse than Illumination and Sony in making their money back.

At the very least they are producing something with a labour of love. Unlike what they're doing at Illum and Sony respectively.
>>
>>94575829
>im better than you because i dont get mad at things i should obviously be mad at
dont ever complain about the state of animation then, go watch the emoji movie instead
>>
>>94575889
>the political significance is the only thing that matters here
>comics and cartoons
>>
>>94575933
Go watch 12 oz. Mouse or something.
>>
>>94575907
A more compelling argument I'd provide is that something like that short being so mediocre (with its abnormal success) does harm as people will want to emulate it. Which makes animation more inbred as a whole.
>>
>>94575862
op here
i dont care that the short has gay characters at all
>Go watch 12 oz. Mouse or something.
you should watch 12 oz mouse, you clearly like shit
>>
>>94575907
It is "something of quality" though. A lot of hard work went into making it look that good. And animated shorts of this quality about gay childhood crushes are kind of different but shouldn't factor too much into anything.
>>
There is so much recognition to the gay community this video really was not needed!
>>
>>94576006
>its good because it was hard to make
then my morning poop is great animation too
>>
>>94575933
I never said i am better though, I'm saying you sound assblasted. It is not like praising faggotry in media is a new thing. The best you can do is not talk about it and let it be forgoten.
>>
>>94576028
who cares if it was "needed"?
a story doesnt need any reason to have gay characters in it
>>
>>94575168
>I'm genuinely surprised the great animation directors (tv and movies), or even just great animators don't come together to form their own studio. In order to create what they want. There is bound to be investors willing to help them out.
This was the point of Don Bluth's studio. They made one movie(Secret of NIMH) that had rave reviews from critics, but got panned at the box office. They had to file for bankruptcy.

At least we got Secret of NIMH out of it. Still one of the best animated films I've ever seen.
>>
>>94575934
I was obviously not referring to the board.
>>
>>94576028
how about we give animation awards to good animaton and gay awards to good gays?
>>
>>94576028
What's that supposed to mean?
"Alright everyone, we can stop featuring gay characters. Zootopia featured a gay married couple and that's all we need forever."
>>
>>94576068
Damn that's funny. Thank you.
>>
>>94575482
>they should stop making movies for audiences other than myself because they already got a few movies out of the hundreds released the previous year
>>
>>94576072
maybe do more than just gay characters?
nobody would have cared much about zootopia if it was a 4 minute short about the gay roomates
how about your gay characters do something else besides being gay?
>>
>>94576098
Did you miss the point on purpose or accidentally?
>>
>>94576098
they have never made a movie for me
there are tons of movies for gay people
>>
>>94576100
It's a four minute short about a childhood crush. It feels like we're only asking more from it because it's about a gay childhood crush and some people feel like we need more to distract from that.
>>
>>94576126
youre the type of person that complains about Handicap Parking arent you
>>
>>94576134
>It feels like we're only asking more from it because it's about a gay childhood crush and some people feel like we need more to distract from that.
you should go to therapy
>>
>>94576142
Name one movie about asexuals.
>>
>>94576156
holy shit
>>
>>94576142
i dont have a problem with handicap parking as long as its only for handicap people and not everyone who can bullshit or throw a tantrum
>>
>>94576061
In some ways they lacked the hustle of Ralph Bakshi. I'm not denying or trying to downplay the sacrifice Don Bluth and the people at his studio made in creating their pictures.

However, Ralph Bakshi had a set of balls on him and got shit done. He pushed hard to get his financing to make his projects a reality. Even with people breathing down his neck.

There was a video on youtube (that I can't find) of this tv show where they talked to Don Bluth, Ralph Bakshi and someone who was working on Tron. They were talking about Don Bluth's 'Secret of Nimh' and Ralph Bakshi's 'Hey Good Lookin'

It was very insightful when comparing Bluth and Bakshi with their particular approach in animation.

Secret of Nimh is a spectacular film, but you need someone like Ralph who can put out a film and not back down. Even with adversity in your way.

Probably the reason as to Bakshi being more successful than say Bluth was his ability to venture away from the shadow of Disney. People could mistake Bluth and his studio's work as Disney. You couldn't with Bakshi, that made him stand out.
>>
>>94576126
>tons of movies for gay people
I'm trying to think of "movies for gay people" and my first thought is The Birdcage and how the last time I heard anything about it, my straight parents were referencing it to my straight godparents when some straight couple at this restaurant for straight people also chimed in about how they like the movie.
>>
>>94576147
How would you handle a short about a crush?
>>
>>94576202
lots of gay people love chick flicks and anything starring those older women i never cared enough about to learn their names
like that musical about that thing with the famous song
you are never going to make a movie for every sngle ga person
>>
>>94576156
Oh my god, no one fucks in:

The Emoji Movie
Princess Mononoke
Zootopia

There you go. No need more asexual movies anymore.
>>
>>94576156
Well, there is a documentary called (A)sexual. And there have been asexual characters.
>>
>>94576215
it takes place in space and its all an action scene from beginning to end
its all 2d traditional animation that pushes the boundaries like 2001 a space odysee did with amazing mind bending visuals
now that deserves an award
>>
>>94576240
So are we in agreement that "movies for gay people" is a ridiculous category?
>>
>>94576190
The link to the video, but it was made private for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7k-EBOTO3E

The show is called Nightcap and it featured Bluth and Bakshi.
>>
>>94576215
Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u8J9IvUy_M
>>
>>94576268
no, thats a thing that exists
sports are for men but i dont like sports and esports are for nerds and i dont like esports
you dont have to like something that wa made for you as a demographic
>>
>>94576282
A Cartoonbrew (I know, but bear with it) article on the video as well.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/animators/don-bluth-and-ralph-bakshi-discuss-animation-1982-14866.html
>>
>>94575049
>The story is nothing new
>The characters aren't interesting
>Even the fact that they are gay is nothing new

And it's still hailed as a sign of progress in the animation industry.
>>
File: 6147E3B11.gif (1MB, 430x191px) Image search: [Google]
6147E3B11.gif
1MB, 430x191px
>>94575049
All I can say (very respectfully) is that LGBT (and all the missing letters) community is getting a lot pof propaganda, so much it's excessive, and I'm feeling that it's just not fair.

ANECDOTE RELATED (yeah, sorry)
The other day I was at the sub, and one gay I believe, touched me. I pushed him, And he started yelling I pushed him 'cause I'm homophobic. You don't know what drama it was to explain he "touched me". I stood there so confused, even he attended some guards, and when he told them the full story he said he was trying to joke. And they letted him free, just laughing at it, while I got interrogated about homophobic attitudes and violence.

I mean, it's just not fair. And I mean, this is what women pass everyday. I'vealways been supportive to everyone, considering myself as an "Egalitarian".
>>
>>94576336
laika did gay characters before
>>
>>94576297
Also here is a short that is also GAY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuG7sUdfkFM
>>
>>94576357
nice blog post, you deserve that for going outside by the way, everyone is horrible not just gay people
now stop deraling the thread
>>
>>94576357
Pushing isn't enough, you gotta beat the shit out of them. Violence is the only language they understand.
>>
>>94576267
That sounds good, but fitting that in four minutes would be difficult to make work. It could easily be a clusterfuck, but it could be my kind of clusterfuck, which would be analogous to me eating a mcgang bang at McDonald's. At best, it would turn out to be like Me! Me! Me! which is one of my favorite animated shorts, but making it work just as well in four minutes (or at all) is much, much easier said than done.

It's a simple story about a complicated issue with a simple style executed with animation that's well above the norm for shorts from small studios. It's good in some areas great in one, and I'd like to see what was submitted along side it before I pass judgement on what it deserves.
>>
>>94576414
>That sounds good, but fitting that in four minutes would be difficult to make work
most good action scenes are short
>>
>>94576359
>characters
They did have the dumb jock in Paranorman, who else did they have?
Also, it's kind of silly to say "there's a gay character in this movie, why is it special that this animated short is about an eight year old boy with a crush on his classmate?"
>>
This is going to be nominated for an Oscar, right?
>>
all the pixar money and facebook likes in the world could never buy this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BPTNdmdJSc
>>
>>94576449
so this is better because it had two gay characters instead of one?
someone should make gaytopia then, that movie would be the best thing in the world
>>
>>94576464
if they submit it and it passes the minimal requirements, it could be
itd be up against like actual Disney shit though so it probably wont get far
>>
>>94576297
That's a short about rejection. It like it though.
>>
>>94576381
Is this an AMV?
>>
>>94576543
It's an official promotional video for a manga.
>>
File: IMG_0113.jpg (347KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0113.jpg
347KB, 960x1440px
>>94576501
Who knows. This beat Pixar a couple years back.
>>
>>94576492
No, you said Laika had gay characters and I'm only counting one. On top of that, you're saying that that gay side character somehow cancels out any significance one can draw from an animated short that focuses on a gay crush.
>>
>>94576568
That's pretty cool. It's nice, but it feels chopped up and incomplete, which is like an AMV or a promotion.
>>
>>94575168
i still suck disney cock and my dream is to make a 2d animation like tarzan or jungle book
>>
>>94576442
Then it's more about the action then it is about the relationship.
>>
>>94576606
Don't let it be just a dream, and take it from a person (in the video below) who challenged the idea of worshipping Disney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WApcUBcVMos

You don't need Disney to make what you want to make.
>>
>>94576644
>hatin' on based disney
>>
>>94576576
then you know nothing about writing because the jock had a boyfriend
>>
>>94576576
>On top of that, you're saying that that gay side character somehow cancels out any significance one can draw from an animated short that focuses on a gay crush.
projecting?
i would have felt the exact same way about this short if one character was replaced by a girl
>>
>>94576692
>unseen, barely mentioned boyfriend counts as a character
jesus christ anon
>>
>>94576676
I enjoy Disney tremendously, but I will point out and not hide it when Disney is shit. The same should be done with any other studio. When they produce shit point it out. When they produce gold, point it out.

They should not be the ones dictating what people can and cannot produce, which they were doing whether they realized it or not. Even Lasseter was fired by Disney and went out on his own to bring about Pixar. People need to risk it.

Will people lose? Most certainly, but people can win it big as well.
>>
>>94576706
its still a character, also not all characters have to be seen to be felt, god is the most important character in anythng that has any sorth of religious theme and he rarely makes an appearance
>>
>>94576692
You're right, te unseen, unnamed boyfriend is a character. Somewhere.

>>94576703
No, in this reply chain you implied that a gay character isn't new or interesting when the "new and interesting" thing this short does is focus on a gay boy and his crush. That's different than having a side character come out at the end of the movie.
>>
>>94576724
>Will people lose? Most certainly, but people can win it big as well.
capitalistic swine
but i agree
>>
>>94576644
great speech even so i disagree on some points.
It's not that easy ti just take a year off and do what you love.
If it would be, everyone would do it.
And pc don''t take away big parts of animation you still need to know your shit
>>
Gay characters are so rare in western animated family movies that the first gay married couple happened last year and they were comic relief in like one scene.

Yes, having a gay school boy crush be the focus of this is progressive and special but no, that doesn't make this great.
>>
>>94576777
its clearly not interesting here
>>
>>94576860
can we make something like 30% of characters gay just so gay characters stop holding entretainment back?
>>
File: uie8d8ao.jpg (96KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
uie8d8ao.jpg
96KB, 500x696px
Reminder that most of the best gay media is not American. Pic very related
>>
>>94577098
I don't know where you get any of that from.
>>
>>94575049
This looks fucking gay.
>>
>>94575049
Ginger boy is a major cutiepie.
His heart is cute too.
>>
File: 1502473197669.jpg (468KB, 1279x527px) Image search: [Google]
1502473197669.jpg
468KB, 1279x527px
>>
>>94575049
Do you think they know how to clean out their assholes before they fuck each other? Or do they just deal with their poopy wangs afterward?
>>
>>94575254
Do you want me to limit my results to just this year alone, or previous student films in general?
>>
>>94579079
They might just stick to foreplay. a lot of guys just stick to no anal. Some people do both and after bad experiences learn how to do it right. Then there's that subset of guys who get TOO into it and need to be fisted.
>>
All they did is submit it to 80 festivals and only 21 awards show up on the vid thumbnail. They only won %26 of the festivals they submitted to.

I don't even have any idea what other new shorts they were up against

Stop getting your feelings hurt like a little bitch
>>
>>94577145
Foreign indie films cost extra money to watch or aren't shown on English channels that often. They aren't as widely and legally accessible as a free YouTube vid
>>
>>94575164
Then start thinking before getting angry over your own strawmans
>>
>>94575822
define every position/group by it's most obnoxious adherents and you'll never have to worry about not having something to bitch about
>>
Why doesn't more media explore the reality of a gay man trying to hit on someone he's interested in, only to be told that said someone is straight?

I mean, we either get the comedic "DUDE I'M NOT GAY BRO SERIOUSLY I LOVE WOMEN DUDE" shtick, or we get guys who are gay solely because it would make for a heartwarming story if they were. It seems like it's super rare to see a story about a guy who gets turned down because of sexual incompatibilities despite the enjoyment of being in each others company, and honestly such a story could be far more compelling if done well.
>>
>>94579424
You'd have to be a fucking beta to hang out with someone you liked but friendzoned you.
>>
File: file.png (66KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
66KB, 299x288px
>>94579424
>>
>>94575307
> Fallacy
Remember Faith? Because that's exactly what happened with Faith.
>>
>>94579521
People shouldn't exist just to fuck them, anon
>>
>>94579521
If I like someone, I usually like them for more than just the sexual aspect. It'd be silly to deny myself a friend just because they don't want to take it as far as I do.
>>
>>94579732
Eh, hanging out with someone who won't reciprocate your feelings is shit.
>>
>>94579817
As long as you aren't having nice guy syndrome
>>
The short is fine. The butt hurt is coming from people liking something you don't care about for reasons that you don't care about.
>>
Making anything centered on gay people is a trap; criticism, praise, a lot of it stems from it being of controversial subject matter. Any conversation about it comes loaded with assumptions on all sides.

I see this just as I'd see any cartoon about crushes and I appreciate the touch of reality in it where their peers looked at them disapprovingly. There's fantasy and reality in it and it used the subject matter nicely. It's a good short, but it's going to receive too much praise and hate.
>>
>>94575049
Anybody can explain to me, what's the deal with this?

Is it another Unicorn episode case?
>>
File: 1502086647082.jpg (587KB, 2100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502086647082.jpg
587KB, 2100x1200px
>>94575049
Reminder.

If you do nothing but the left you will redeem the industry.
>>
>>94575525
Kek
>>
>>94579370
>by it's most obnoxious adherents

*by its most obnoxious adherents
>>
>>94579817
Still makes you feel good to be around them. And after a while, feelings fade when you know they don't feel the same way about you.
Plenty of people I had crushes on a decade ago are still my friends, though the infatuation is long gone.
>>
File: co.png (25KB, 385x504px) Image search: [Google]
co.png
25KB, 385x504px
>>94579370

basically. 4chan wants to be mad so it's gonna be mad regardless of the ridiculousness of the reason.
>>
>>94581322
>Avatar on the right
?????
>>
>>94581322

>hating Voltron
>hating Sym-Bionic Titan
>hating the original Avatar
>hating Loud House
>hating the new Mickey Mouse cartoons
>Putting the new DuckTales on the list when it hasn't even aired yet.

What a terrible graphic.
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.