[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>Xavier : The Renegade Angel >>Isn't an angel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: xavier_renegade_angel-show_5999.jpg (32KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
xavier_renegade_angel-show_5999.jpg
32KB, 333x250px
>>Xavier : The Renegade Angel
>>Isn't an angel
How do you justify that, /co/?
>>
>>94545015
Orange and blue morality.
>>
>>94545026
I'm speaking litteraly.
>>
>>94545015
What about him is not an angel? Angels dont have to be winged people, they can be represented in a variety of ways
>>
>>94545015
Well he is a RENEGADE angel. So isn't that just a demon? Hence the gruesome appearance.
>>
SPORTS
>>
>>94545015
what caused this show's recent resurgence in popularity?
>>
An angel is a servant of a higher power. Xavier claimed to be working for a higher power, but he's a renegade angel, so he's actually working for himself.

The plot twist he doesn't know he's a renegade.

>>94545477
Shitposting, mostly.
>>
That's the spice
>>
"Angel" is just another word for "Divine Messenger".
>>
I'm a survivor. We're a dying breed.
>>
Reminder
This is the pinnacle of comedy and nothing will ever exist to surpass it in our lifetimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY&feature=youtu.be
>>
taste the pain
>>
>>94545652
It was surpassed by the entirety of Going Normal
>>
>>94545714
Was it a bad or a good ending?
>>
he thinks hes a guardian angel, but is actually shit at it
>>
>>94545015
Enough with the fucking threads about this.

It wasn't good.
It wasn't funny.
Unless you think infanticide is funny.

parsley & thyme
>>
>>94545743
If we're talking about Xavier:Renegade Angel, the qualifications of a "good" or "bad" ending are hard to decipher.
>>
File: wonder showzen.jpg (252KB, 1088x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wonder showzen.jpg
252KB, 1088x1600px
>>94545015
>>94545394
>not an angel
Actual angels described by the bible are quite horryfing and need to shield themselves in order to not kill anyone that looks at them. Xavier is pretty fucking horrible to look at.

>renegade
>a person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles
Not exactly in the sense that he is a traitor but he does seriously fuck up anyone's life who meets him even if that's not his intention.

>>94546762
>infanticide is funny
No it's not. But the way the show delivered it was funny. And it's not even PFFR's edgiest production.
>>
File: 1485188268024.png (477KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485188268024.png
477KB, 600x600px
>>
>>94545496
>The plot twist he doesn't know he's a renegade.
Huh, every time I come back to this show I realize something new.
>>
So, if I have sex with that gorilla, the entire world will go to heaven?
>>
>>94545477
How it is incredibly more deep and philosophical then Rick and Morty/
>>
>>94545015
>>94546999
Evangelion's angels are closer to canon angels than the usual winged human with halo depiction.
>>
File: stretchface laugh.jpg (10KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
stretchface laugh.jpg
10KB, 317x267px
IACCEPTJESUSCHRISTINTOMYHEARTASMYPERSONALSAVIOUR yes, made it!
>>
This show used to creep me out is it worth watching
>>
>>94545477
Because its so weird yet actually has a million jokes and puns zooming fast at you and its so cheap looking its fucking hilarious to watch
>>
>>94547676
see >>94545652 and decide for yourself. The show isn't usually that genius, but on average it's pretty close.
>>
>>94547688
It honestly feels like a Youtube poop of a shitty Gary's Mod video written by the flowerchildren founders of a new-age health group.
>>
>>94545477
Somebody made a meme comparing R&M with XRA and praising XRA so now people is watching XRA to spite R&M
>>
>>94547654
I still chuckle about that scene. the only one I like better is

>Char1: I heard smoking a cigarette takes 6 minutes off of your life
>Char2: Maybe if I smoke them fast enough i'll get younger
>Next scene is Xavier time travelling by smoking a literal ton of cigarettes.

>>94547676
There are some totally bizarre and some what creepy episodes but I think it is worth checking out in general. Just remember that the plot isn't really supposed to make sense and is used mostly as a vehicle to deliver the comedy. Most of the comedy comes from the just absolutely absurd shit that they do or the high level word play. I rewatch it every couple months or so and always find somehting new. To me it embodies what early [AS] was.
>>
>>94547676

Not for everyone. I wouldn't call it genius. It's definitely clever sometimes but I've never really laughed at the show. I just kind of enjoy the word play but sometimes the shows writing just starts to ramble and the randomness of it all falls flat. Above all it's just really fucking weird.
>>
>>94547721
>>94547853
It's hard to look at but, the dialogue is pretty funny. I'll check it out
>>
That episode with the Mexican gangbangers is my favourite.

>Before tonight, I could never express myself through words. I always did it like this...
>*plays La Cucaracha on a car horn*

>Rape isn't an excuse. It's a reason. And tonight everything seems so reasonable.

>I guess I tend to use my switchblade as a defense mechanism.
>>
>>94545394
Only Lucifer and a couple others are.

In Christianity IIRC it's canon that demons are the souls of men sent to Hell like how most angels are men who go to Heaven.
>>
>>94545015

I can't believe this shit got two seasons
>>
File: 1502127775016m.jpg (91KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
1502127775016m.jpg
91KB, 1024x538px
>>
He's a metaphorical angel
>>
>>94548563
I know right? Two is not enough.
>>
>>94548088
You forgot the best quote

>I'm big now, but I've recently lost 260 pounds. Yeah, I dumped your WIFE.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.