[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archie Launching New Superhero Team Comic 'Mighty Crusaders'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: the_mighty_crusaders_cover.jpg (71KB, 349x524px) Image search: [Google]
the_mighty_crusaders_cover.jpg
71KB, 349x524px
And with Ian Flynn. Neat!
>"We wanted to create a book that’s accessible, not mired in a million crossovers and part of a bigger, unfolding story," Goldwater tells Heat Vision about the upcoming series. "For that, we enlisted [writer] Ian Flynn, who’s done a lot of marvelous work for us and has a history with the Crusaders. On art, we have Kelsey Shannon, who did some nice work on the Josie and the Pussycats book recently and has a really clear, modern and welcoming style."
>The result is something squarely aimed at contemporary superhero readers — and maybe some fans who have been scared away from other publishers because of the amount of knowledge needed to follow the story. Goldwater called the series "a lynchpin book that we hope will lead to more spinoffs and expansion for the Dark Circle universe," promising, "You don’t need a PhD in comics to hop onboard. Everything is explained in the first issue. These are beloved, iconic characters and it’s time we dust them off and let them shine for what they are — amazing superhero properties that deserve a bigger spotlight."
>"The Mighty Crusaders is one of those dream projects that you always hope for but never dare expect will actually happen," artist Kelsey Shannon told THR. "The best of the golden age through the lens of the present. That grand scale spectacle and boundless imagination of the great old comics past mixed with the attention to character and emotional realism that we all come to expect from the stories we choose to invest ourselves in today."
>Writer Flynn added, "I’m really excited to return to the Dark Circle heroes and pit them against the greatest challenges they’ve ever faced. I think fans of the classic and newer Crusaders will enjoy our new, high-paced approach to their world!"

http://archive.is/HLWB1
>>
>>94517032
>We wanted to create a book that’s accessible, not mired in a million crossovers and part of a bigger, unfolding story,"
>a lynchpin book that we hope will lead to more spinoffs and expansion for the Dark Circle universe,
arent these contradicting
>>
>>94517032
Yeah, I'm sure Archie's billionth try at cape books will be a hit.

Bets on how many times the first issue gets delayed?
>>
This looks like if Astro City was bad.
>>
Why is the Shield a chick?

Who's the raccoon babe?

Why is the Fly a chick?

Why is the Comet black?

Who's the twink in blue?

Who's the slit in the background?

Why is the only masculine-looking guy like sixty years old?
>>
>>94517502
Ouch
>>
>>94517548
I think they're descendents except for the old guy.

On top of that they probably need to do this since the original Golden Age stuff might've ended up in the public domain and with the Penders case showing Archie not having their original documents and that one Harvey Kurtzman story accidentally going in the public domain because Archie forgot to renew it, they probably needed versions they could own outright.
>>
>>94517168
Nah. FF 1-102 is the fondation for the MU and entirely self contained.
>>
>>94517548
>>94517794
If this follows New Crusaders or is similar, then these are the sons and daughters of the originals.
>>
>>94517032
If ever there were a time to put some crazy titties on a cape cover- it is now.
Archie of all the publishers out there should get this.
>>
>>94517502
3PBP. That was savage m8.
>>
>>94517032
>Shadow Lass
>Can't Fly Guy
>The Waasp
>Gym Coach
>VR Headset Boy
>Blue Steel
>Transgender Rocket Raccoon
woah... so this is the power of archie comics...
>>
>>94518461
It does look bland as fuck, and not-carol there front and center is a weird choice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.