[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fox in ‘Preliminary Conversations’ to Revive ‘King of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 407
Thread images: 49

File: nice shot buddy.jpg (181KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
nice shot buddy.jpg
181KB, 670x377px
http://archive.is/LA1JX
>>
>>94515126
reboots.don't.work.
they don't live up to expectations whether they're still considered 'good' or not
>>
>>94515126
It ended right when it should have though. Also isn't Luanne's VA dead?
>>
>>94515126
Beavis and Butthead got revived and suddenly disappeared. What makes this any different?
>>
>>94515126
>gets revived
>becomes PC as fuck
There had better be a naked non-binary genderqueer under your bed!
>>
>>94515126

No. Just, can we not? It's over, it's wrapped up, we don't need a continuation or a reboot or revival.
>>
>>94515164
Just have Mila Kunis replace her

Easy
>>
>>94515126
Let me guess...
Mike Judge will have nothing to do with it
>>
Season opener should be Hank Hill in bed. An older Bobby opens the door and he looks like your typical Kekistan. MAGA hat, poorly kept neckbeard and about four mustache hairs. He's yelling whatever frantic message of the day /pol/ is talking about, tells his Dad to get over it.

Hank is still upset a year later that Jeb Bush didn't get the nomination. Ladybird is dead. Joseph looks like John Redcorn 100%, Bobby refers to Dale as cuck.

Dale was a Trump supporter but the conspiracies turned towards Trump and now he's just your basic libertarian. Bill is more left-leaning and sad because Democrats are sad filth. Boomhaur is on trial for shooting an unarmed black teen, but he gets off scot-free. He's been suspended from the force with a heft severance package that will last him throughout his life (Luckey calls it Boomhaur's Pew-Pew Money"). Luanne is in prison like her Mother.
>>
>>94515201
FOX = Prime time network
MTV = Late night cable

King of the Hill has a better chance of survival given that FOX is still interested in animated sitcoms.

Beavis and Butt-Head's reboot was well enough received, but MTV doesn't have the same key demographics it did when B&B was on in the 90's, and with a new network head taking over the network midway through the revival season's run, she publicly said that she wanted to focus on more female oriented programming, and that Beavis and Butt-Head wasn't part of that vision.
>>
There is nothing they could add to the series that wouldn't ruin it. It had a fantastic run and ended on a solid note. Leave it be, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: dreddpyro.gif (166KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dreddpyro.gif
166KB, 500x281px
>>94515126
What should the sentence be for trying to reboot something?
>>
We are never going to see anything new again, are we?
>>
>>94515319
>Pew-Pew Money
Ok I keked to that. The rest is just nonsense
>>
This would have been the only show I would have wanted to see how they handled the 2016 election. But that window has closed.
>>
>>94515158
Everyone went into the Beavis and Butthead revival expecting to hate it, but I've never run into anyone who actually did. A King of Hill revival would probably turn out fine, since the show's only real problem was writers running out of ideas near the end. The show's had a few years to rest, so that won't be a problem.
>>
>Given what’s going on in the country, I think they had a point of view about how those characters would respond.

Oh please don't.
>>
>>94515571
fucking this is why i don't want it to happen. every single show has been turned into "i'm going to write my opinions into my show and ruin it"
>>
>>94515319
>Bobby refers to Dale as cuck.
Are you retarded? Bobby has nothing but respect for Dale, even if he knows that his wife is a whore.
>>
>>94515550
>but I've never run into anyone who actually did
I thought that the replacement for their music video commentary was stupid, but I understand why it was done.
>>
>Bobby is going to come out as trans
>>
File: rebooteverything.png (31KB, 680x691px) Image search: [Google]
rebooteverything.png
31KB, 680x691px
Enough motherfucking reboots. Are companies really that fucking scared? Is the environment really that fucking unstable?
>>
>>94515164
That's honestly what bugs me most about this. Brittany Murphy died like, 2 months after the finale aired.
>>
How many times has a show that's been brought back from cancellation still been good?
>>
>>94515733
Them talking over reality shows and UFC fights wasn't great, but the music video stuff they did was still on point.

Plus don't forget we got that fucking amazing segment with them reviewing The Human Centipede.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL5iFP5XegY

Truly uplifting stuff.
>>
Are they doing a reboot or continuing it?

If it's a reboot then Fuck no but continuing it then I guess but I'm still really worried about this
>>
>>94515882
I would be cautious but curious if they aged them up.
>>
>>94515126
bring back travis and bobhead
>>
>>94515126
A good wholesome conservative cartoon would do insane numbers right now with the surge of conservatism.
>>
File: image.png (216KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
216KB, 480x480px
>>94515126
8 years have passed...
>>
File: mike.png (46KB, 138x138px) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
46KB, 138x138px
>Hank gets iPhone episode
>Bill starts UBERing people around to talk to them episode
>Bobby gets a fidget spinner episode
>Connie and Joseph explain white privilege to Bobby episode
>Peggy joins Arlen Antifa episode
>Buck Strickland sentenced to death for his years of sexist comments and actions episodes
>>
King of the Hill is honestly my favorite show, animated or not, and have been watching ever since I was a kid, even though I probably shouldn't have been. This show means a lot to me and having it rebooted will """literally""" kill me.
>>
Please no. King of the Hill ended at a perfect time and it DID start to dip in quality during the last season. I love the show, yeah, but it needs to stay buried.
>>
>>94515571
A good twist on this would be having the characters express apathy about Trump and whatever the media's talking about. Show average Americans not caring about the news and the President, that their everyday lives and trials are more important to them than the rest of the world. But we all know how this is going to play out
>>
>>94515733
Same butat least they never fully abandoned music Videos.

I also enjoyed Good Vibes.
>>
>Hank goes to college to show Bobby what it's like and shocked at the degeneracy there
>Hank disapproves of memes being used
>Bobby starts calling himself a feminist in order to get girls
>>
File: 1501602484631.gif (2MB, 213x180px) Image search: [Google]
1501602484631.gif
2MB, 213x180px
>>94515214
i will blow my brains out if some shit like that were to come out of hanks mouth
>>
>>94516121
I don't want this. The worst episodes were the topical joke ones and they became outdated really fucking fast. Like the No Doubt episode. There was one joke about the cowboys being average that managed to hold up until last year. Which is hilarious or sad depending on your football affiliation.
>>
>>94515882
I'm a lot more worried if it's a continuation. If it bombs, it's tied to the original series.
>>
>>94516208
That shit wouldn't happen unless they directly sought to kill his character. Hell that episode with the drag queen even after Peggy explained that Caroline was a man he didn't understand what was happening.
>>
>>94515550
Maybe since only two people watched it?
>>
>>94515158

after the futurama reboot I'm not so sure I want this
>>
NO NO NO NO NO LEARN TO LET THINGS END YOU GODDAMNED BASTARDS
>>
Daily reminder that Mike Judge pumped baby powder up a fat man's ass with fire bellow at a party.
>>
>>94515319
Bobby would be more of an obnoxious but succesful youtube vlogger than a Trumper
>>
>>94515503

Exactly how it went the last time they did an election episode.
Hank is disillusioned witu both candidates, decides not to vote, somebody tells him voting is important, them he votes with a smile on his face without ever divulging who he voted for.
>>
The only thing that could convince me that this is even a good idea would make it about 5-10 years in the future.

Hank is now manager of Strickland, Buck having died some years before and left the company to Hank in his will.
Peggy is a semi-successful writer, having written a book called "Substitute Woman" which became extremely popular amongst transgender circles. She's also still terrible at Spanish.
Bobby is still the same quirky kid, but he's now just starting college. He has a girlfriend who is new to the series. He spends his spare time trying to perfect the ultimate BBQ recipes.
Luanne is mentioned as having "moved to Oklahoma" with Lucky. Lucky would show up once needing to "get away from the girls for the weekend", much to Hank's chagrin.
The Gribbles are divorced because Dale became convinced a woman like Nancy could only love him if she was a government agent.
Joseph is a blossoming college football player, but is having an identity crisis after he accidentally learns John Redcorn is his real father. Dale still has no idea.
Bill is in an on-again/off-again relationship with the female police officer.
Boomhauer is still dang ol' Boomhauer, man.
Kahn and Minh haven't aged at all, and now make fun of their neighbours for looking "like hillbilly grandma and grandpa".
Connie, now being in college, has mellowed out considerably and is hinted at being a bit of a stoner.
John Redcorn has put on a noticeable amount of weight, is balding and has lost his charm, making him severely depressed. This would become mended somewhat by Joseph spending time with him to understand his heritage.
>>
It's like you people have no faith in based Greg Daniels.
>>
>first episode is Luanne's funeral
>>
>>94515126
I use to hate this show because of the whole Texas Redneck Republican aspect of it. But over time I learn to love this because of how funny it is. Dale just happens to be my favorite character from the show, even though he's a cuck.
>>
>>94515126

I will accept this if there's a time skip where Bobby is an adult
>>
>>94516660
oh man that'd be something

luanne was always my least favorite character
>>
>>94515319

> Trump trump trump

Kill yourself
>>
>>94516369

Nah Bobby should be the most incompetent cop in town with everybody knowing it except hank who regularly talks wistfully of "officer Hill"
>>
>>94515319
>do the Arlen shake
>>
>>94515319
I have no idea why the fuck Bobby would be a /pol/shit.
>>
>>94516502
>a democrat
>a new yorker
>and now I'm going to vomit
>>
Oh my god it's gonna be shit
>>
File: DaleTheTrumpcuckGribble.png (2MB, 1421x1009px) Image search: [Google]
DaleTheTrumpcuckGribble.png
2MB, 1421x1009px
>>94515319
I saw this posted on 4chan somewhere. It's relevant to your post.
>>
>>94516167
It's true of Texas at least
Trump isn't really liked here
At least in relation to the bushs
>>
>>94515843
>the greatest chick flick ever made
10/10
>>
>>94516541
>>94516121
>Dale reveals he has a fetish for cuckholding
>>
>>94516838
I mean he does have the Asian gf
But Texas isn't West Virginia so it wouldn't be a big plot point if it was brought up
>>
>>94517017
Plot twist
He's the one doing the cucking
>>
>>94516844
This would be the only good in-character way for Hank to respond to Trump. Have him hate Trump for the smallest things about him and not mention anything about his policies
>>
>>94516541
>He spends his spare time trying to perfect the ultimate BBQ recipes.
Didn't Bill pass on the legendary Dauterive BBQ recipe to Bobby?
>>
>all of Mike Judge's other projects failed so hard he has to go crawling back to Fox begging for more episodes
Oh, Mike.
>>
>>94517063
pretty much like George W. Bush right? just make Hank talk about how he doesn't like how Trump makes his steaks well done
>>
File: 1502203371562.jpg (6KB, 223x251px) Image search: [Google]
1502203371562.jpg
6KB, 223x251px
>>94515231
You just made me spew all over my keyboard. No fucking thank you.
>>
>>94515231
Fuck off, Seth.
>>
>>94517118
>What is Silicon Valley?
>>
Go out on top and leave them wanting more. I love KotH but I want it to remain untarnished as it is.
>>
>>94515158
This. Samurai jack seemed promising but shit the bed hard during the second half.
>>
>>94516358
Wasn't that on Jackass?
>>
>>94515126
(((they))) need to be stopped already
>>
>>94517289
I think so, yes.
>>
>>94517034
>I mean he does have the Asian gf
That means literally nothing. Being a weeb, which bobby isn't, has nothing to do with political affiliations.
t.commiefornian
>>
File: hanknotamused.jpg (24KB, 208x210px) Image search: [Google]
hanknotamused.jpg
24KB, 208x210px
>>94515126
KOTH is something that died a very natural death after a full life. This is just corpse defiling.
>>
>>94517119

Trump is basically anti-Hank anyway. No way Hank would be into a showy womanizing foul mouthed New Yorker who panders to the idea of hard working American values.

Trump is basically Thatherton/Strickland, but from New York. Hank hates Thatherton and his respect for Strickland stems almost entirely from his love of propane, which Strickland constantly strains to its limits via his shitty personal behavior.
>>
>>94517476
if we are being realistic hank would definitely be in the kasich, evan mcmullin, jim webb realm for this past election cycle
>>
>>94517119
>>94517476
Now I want this new King of the Hill to have Trump move into the neighborhood as an obnoxious neighbor that gets on Hanks nerves for petty reasons
>>
>>94517119
>>94517476
>>94517629
King of the Hill is basically the only show I would tolerate doing topical political humor/Trump jokes right now.
>>
File: Mallet Located.jpg (145KB, 481x428px) Image search: [Google]
Mallet Located.jpg
145KB, 481x428px
/co/
>/pol/ get out
also /co/
>Trump Trump Trump
>>
>>94517452
its a joke
>>
>>94516104
>clouds?
>>
>>94517242
A steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>94517245
Season 13 wasn't good.
>>
File: 4772142.png (38KB, 371x293px) Image search: [Google]
4772142.png
38KB, 371x293px
The only reason I'd watch it is if I could watch Grandpa Hank.

Bobby doesn't even have to be the one with the kids.
>>
/co/ already came up with the perfect sequel and it was just a 20th anniversary movie.

>Bobby's a single dad who has a successful restaurant in NYC
>Moves back to Arlen to open up one there because Sugarfoots closed down
>Lucky and Luanne moved to Montana to look after the Ranch, but Gracie is spending the summer with Hank and Peggy
>Joseph is the coach of Arlen High's football team
>Connie and Chane are married, but Chane has mellowed out and has a kid as dorky as Bobby used to be
>GH comes to bug Hank like Cotton used to, but only because he sees Hank as a father-figure but has too much of Cotton in him to express it well.
>Hank's retired, but did get to be full Manager of Stickland Propane before RayRoy bought it.
>Buck died of a heart attack; Thatherton died of a heart attack because he found out RayRoy knocked up his daughter
>Bill retired and moved to Hawaii, but everyone keeps accidentally phrasing it in a way that sounds like he died
>Dale still doesn't know
>>
File: IMG_5022.jpg (70KB, 750x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5022.jpg
70KB, 750x540px
>>94518085
>>94518095
>the reboot could be about young or adult bobby dealing with Good Hank
Why does this sound good
>>
>>94517017
>Dale somehow comes across fetish and decides to try it for science
>tries to get John Redcorn to be the bull
>awkward hijinx ensue
>>
>>94516260
This.
Any episode with someone trans in it would have Hank being either weirded out or confused as fuck about it, with it ending with him saying something like "Well, all I know is that they're a good worker and a Texan, I tell ya hwat, so if ya mess with them, you're messin with both Propane AND Texas. And if I hear ya don't EITHER of those, I'm gonna kick ur ass."
>>
>>94515126
>“We have had preliminary conversations with Greg [Daniels] and Mike [Judge],” Dana Walden, Chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, says. “I would like to explore that. We had a very preliminary conversation about that. Given what’s going on in the country, I think they had a point of view about how those characters would respond.”
God, no. Don't turn this into a Trump-bashing thing.
>>
>>94516104
Yet I do not age.
>>
>>94518401
We already talked about this a week ago.
Hank would just never say who he voted for and they'll never talk about politics directly, because they never did before.

Bush's presidency, 9/11, and the war were NEVER mentioned on the show. Neither would any of the modern day shitshow politics.
>>
>>94515432
Death.
>>
>>94515164
If they do it, at least kill off Luanne. I hate when characters have voice actors that barely sound like the original.
>>
>>94518095
Have Bobby opening up his restaurant as a season finale thing, and for shits and giggles, call it the King of the Hill Bar and Grill.
>>
Pocket Sand!
>>
>>94517476
All the old new Yorkers who act like Trump have fled the state and moving south to retire. Now it's full of smug hipsters from other states. I imagine Trump would act more like the guy who used to live out on LI and work in the city types who brag about their jobs.
>>
>>94518637

Simply being from New York is enough to trigger Hank.
>>
Why though? That show was straight trash. It was proto-rick and morty.

No jokes.

The only people who liked it were the white trash kids who liked wrestling and yugioh and limb bisquit.

Why?

Boondocks is what we need.
>>
I don't want this.

On the other hand, King of the Hill might be the only revival to actually turn out good.
>>
>>94518577
>call it the King of the Hill Bar and Grill.

But why

That'd be like Dale turning to the camera and nodding.
>>
>>94518659
The NYC for sure, but not if the person is from Upstate or LI.
>>
>>94518660
>Boondocks is what we need.

Nigger confirmed
>>
>>94518738
boondocks had actual jokes and funny
>>
>>94518659
I think "grab em by the pussy" would trigger Hank.
>>
>>94518808
Buck has probably grabbed tens of hundreds of stripper/Debbies pussies.
>>
>>94518722

Yeah, pretty sure, "Don't worry, I'm from Long Island/Utica/Albany" is going to assuage Hank's concerns.
>>
>>94518757
Every joke was calling people "nigger" shit was never funny
>>
>>94518836
I don't think Hank would vote for Buck if he ran for president.
>>
>>94515319
too political /pol/poop
>>
File: 1492740597002.jpg (54KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1492740597002.jpg
54KB, 597x597px
>>94515319
God no, inserting politics into KotH would ruin the comfy atmosphere and make it seem instantly dated. The Goode Family was really heavy-handed like that and it sucked.
>>
>>94518900
>Not realising KOTH had tons of political strawmen

Sorry, you do like heavy handed and outdated political commentary
>>
>>94518836
>Buck has probably grabbed tens of hundreds of stripper/Debbies pussies.

And Hank hates it. He's only really loyal to Buck because of their shared passion for propane which causes him to idolize Buck. Buck's constant failure to live up to Hank's high opinion of him by displaying behavior Hank finds generally reprehensible is the source of the comedic dynamic between the two.
>>
>>94516182
I think that last one already happened, in the auto shop episode.
>>
>>94518922
They did that in the later seasons when the quality declined but it's not that noticeable when the show was good.
>>
>>94516182
>>Hank goes to college to show Bobby what it's like and shocked at the degeneracy there

That happened when Hank went o take his Native American artifact to the professor at Arlen college. He accidentally signed a petition supporting hemp and ran afoul of a militant feminist.
>>
>>94515319
>bobby, who spent the entire series talking about his future career in showbiz and disappointing his dad by emulating liberal celebrities, suddenly does a 180 and becomes a kekistanian, and not a blue haired, self-diagnosing, genderfluid, otherkin SJW who latches onto each new social issue in an attempt to impress the other kids in his school's theater class
>>
>>94515778
>Britt
They shouldn't do it.

They should just leave the show alone.

Let it rest in piece for fucks sake.
>>
>>94518934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QP56rTK72s
>>
>>94518975
Typo
What I meant to say that it wouldn't be the same without Brittany Murphy.

Just leave it be.
>>
>>94518959
>They did that in the later seasons when the quality declined but it's not that noticeable when the show was good.

The very first episode was about a literally limp wristed California liberal trying to get Bobby taken to a foster home because he thought Hank was beating him.
>>
File: Whooping_Crane.jpg (29KB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
Whooping_Crane.jpg
29KB, 352x264px
>>94518959
Literally in the first season (one of the best seasons), the Snipe Hunt episode with the strawmen hippy environmentalists.
>>
>>94519003
first episodes are like that. thats not the kind of social archetype that gets outdated as fast as shit like drumpf either.
>>
>>94519044
From season 3

>An X-ray of Hank's colon from "Hank's Unmentionable Problem" winds up as the main attraction in an art museum.

He has the artist arrested as the artist isn't reasonable in just taking it down.
>>
>>94518991
One of Hanks finest moments
>Tell Mr. Strickland....I'm taking a personal day
>Pulling over the cop whose tail light was out
>Locking the doors when he finds out he's in Bill Clinton's hometown
>Staring down the rednecks and saving Bobby from a beating with a golf club and a look
>Letting the rednecks get a punch in at Buck before speeding away with the most smug look possible
>>
>>94515214
People like you really need to consider killing yourself
>>
>>94519098
what's the problem here?
>>
>>94515126
The only way it could be good if Mike Judge has full control over it
>>
>>94519186
The artist is made a dick, can't be reasoned with, etc

Exactly how I imagine a strawman modern artist would be depicted.
>>
>>94519044

They did it in other episodes, as other posters will soon provide evidence of.

But King of the Hill also parodies small town people too. The next episode shows just how sexually repressed Hank and Peggy and other folks in the town are.

Dale is also pretty much a strawman of every anti-government, gun-loving, conspiracy theorist and the members of the Gun Club are pretty much losers. Chappy the survivalist guy was also a pretty thin caricature.

So the show is fairly equal opportunity.
>>
File: hank power stance.png (80KB, 801x739px) Image search: [Google]
hank power stance.png
80KB, 801x739px
>>94519006
UH, YOU DON'T GET TO BRING WHOOPIN' CRANES
>>
>Buck dies of a heart attack fucking another woman or somewhat
>at the funeral Ms. Liz is so kisses she sells to Thatherton
>Thatherton shuts down the Strickland location and moves hank to a bigger propane dealership
>makes hank Reginal manager
>Hank realizes Buck was actually holding him back and never appropriated him
>bobby graduates high school bit doesn't go to college
>Hank gets him a job at Thatherton
>Bobby eventually gets a job as a propane delivery man
>shitistight.jpg
>Bobby still cooks and eventually gets a small show on channel news 9
>show is so good Food network wants to do a flavortown like show
>Bobby asks Hank what he should do
>Hank says he shouldn't because of the steady pay and benefits of Thathorton
>Bobby declines and life continues on
>food network ups the offer and even Hank realizes it would be a bad idea to pass it up.
>Bobby gets a show "insert title here" were he goes into different towns and trys food.
>Bobby one days comes across a laotian
>>
>>94519344
>laotian restaurant
>>
No thanks. Will be filled with feminist muslim gender fluid queer trannies and internet references
>>
>>94519409
you fucks are as bad as the sjws literally making up scenarios so you can be triggered over nothing. kys yourself immediately
>>
File: KdrsMzn.jpg (167KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
KdrsMzn.jpg
167KB, 1024x887px
>>94519477
>>
File: 1502209372086.jpg (88KB, 669x625px) Image search: [Google]
1502209372086.jpg
88KB, 669x625px
>>94519477
Look at what happened to Rick & Morty you retard
>>
>>94516121
>>Bill starts UBERing people around to talk to them episode
that's not a bad idea desu
>>
>>94517248
Samurai Jack had a lot to live up to though
>>
>>94515126
didn't work for Futurama, i dont see it working for KotH either

loved that series but they changed Hank too much in the later seasons
>>
>>94519519
cucks btfo!
>>
>>94519006
LU-LU-LU
LU-LU-LU
>>
>>94515126
>it's gonna be 2017 political
why did they say that
>>
>>94519519
you are literally making up nothing to be triggered over you stupid cuck

>>94519531
permavirgins got triggered?
>>
File: hank.jpg (45KB, 442x428px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
45KB, 442x428px
>>94515382
Let's talk about MTV.

Are they even remotely interested in music today?
>>
This is enough of a reboot for me:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9908747
>>
>>94515778
>Brittany Murphy died like, 2 months after the finale aired.

Maybe if she didn't leave the gas on in her house she would of survived.
>>
>>94519813
MTV doesn't play music videos anymore, so no.
>>
>>94519841
She died of mold, her husband followed her to the grave a few months later.
>>
>>94519813
They've hopped on the social justice bandwagon. SJWs are perhaps the most unstable demographic to target.
>>
No. It either becomes another tedious lefty pulpit, gets neutered by media outrage if it doesn't, or becomes an empty "remember that?!" nostalgia wank.

Nothing good comes of reboots.
>>
File: hank.jpg (94KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
94KB, 326x326px
>>94519850
>>94519867
Let's talk about History Channel...
>>
>>94516541
>Peggy is a semi-successful writer, having written a book called "Substitute Woman" which became extremely popular amongst transgender circles
trashed
>>
>>94519899
Alien conspiracy theories, American Ass Pickers, Pawn Stars reruns with some WWII stuff sprinkled here and there.
>>
>>94519892
>tedious lefty pulpit
because the first one was right?

why do people on here get offended over nothing
>>
File: liberals magazine.jpg (193KB, 931x666px) Image search: [Google]
liberals magazine.jpg
193KB, 931x666px
>>94519800
>Using permavirgin unironically

Ah so it's confirmed what you are
>>
File: 1502035821150.gif (556KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1502035821150.gif
556KB, 200x150px
>>94515126
let the fucking show rest.
>>
File: 1329752159638.jpg (256KB, 970x937px) Image search: [Google]
1329752159638.jpg
256KB, 970x937px
>>94519899
>>
>>94519950
I'm a conservative retard and am tired of a bunch of no brain dickless trump supporters giving me and my kind a bad name
>>
>>94515319
As interesting as it would be to see how Hank & the gang would react to the current political climate, I can't possibly think going this far would be a good idea whatsoever.

>"Boomhaur's Pew-Pew Money"
heh
>>
>>94518922
It was more social commentary. There's a difference.
>>
>woman executive wanting this to happen
>woman executive saying she'd like to see hank and his buddies tackle current politics
It's going to be mouthgate shit
>>
>>94517714
Yes, it isn't a hivemind retard
>>
>>94519477
>making up scenarios
Maybe if they didn't just say that there's been 1 negotiation stemmed from "current political mouthpiece" you'd have a fair shake
>>
>>94515214
I read this in Hank's voice and almost pissed myself laughing.
>>
>>94519173
>Somebody making a joke should kill themselves

kys faggot
>>
>>94516121
>Peggy joins Arlen antifa
Christ that got me
10/10
>>
>>94519714
When did futurama get rebooted
>>
>>94520184
>Somebody making a joke about making a joke about somebody killing themselves

Kys you sick fuck
>>
>>94519950
god it was so funny to have all that anti-trump hate thrown back in hillary supporters faces. i dont even care what trump actually does, hillary people just acted like complete jackasses
>>
>>94520221
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>94516121
This is the only one I'd want to see because it's so goddang in-character.
>>
File: hank4.jpg (174KB, 1239x935px) Image search: [Google]
hank4.jpg
174KB, 1239x935px
>>94519967
so true

and 2011-2020 = hwat
>>
>>94519950
The week before and after the election were some of the funniest shit I've seen in my life. Hell election night was great seeing everyone go from smug to depressed and angry as it became more and more apparent that Trump was going to win
>>
>>94518095
>Bill retired and moved to Hawaii, but everyone keeps accidentally phrasing it in a way that sounds like he died
This would be fucking great.

"And Bill ... well, we know what happened to Bill."
>>
File: hank16.jpg (70KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
hank16.jpg
70KB, 624x480px
>>94518095
damn it, dale
>>
>>94516121
>Connie and Joseph explain white privilege to Bobby episode
That was already an episode.
>>
If Hank Hill had a breakdown when he had to vote for Bush he most certainly killed himself last November.
>>
>people thinking that it'll pander to SJWs instead of middle-aged men from southern US
>>
>>94519813
I kinda forgot MTV even existed.

I remember watching it every so often like a decade ago. When they had a few cheap cartoons that they would play between 15 minute commercial breaks advertising phone ringtones and mix CD's.

Then the cartoons stopped airing and I fell out of watching TV in general because we got better internet in our area besides dial-up. And the Internet does everything TV does but better.
>>
>>94520467
Yeah and the joke was Joseph was ashamed of his white heritage throughout
>>
>>94519967

Coast to Coast is an amazing radio show don't go hating on it
>>
Don't do this! It was a great show, I wish it doesn't end when it did, but it's over and we were given closure that is so rare to find in series finale!
>>
File: hank12.png (134KB, 316x321px) Image search: [Google]
hank12.png
134KB, 316x321px
>>94520539
he didnt have a breakdown, he was just disappointed about bush's handshake and decided not to vote that election

>>94520655
i understand why MTV and History Channel had to change but i dont like it. better if they closed them and started new ones because names should matter. on the other hand, if i were the owner of those two would i really give up the name recognizion that took decades to achieve? sometimes it's better to fade away than burn out
>>
>>94520539
Bill: Didya here what they said on tv? Apparently the country's dead, facism is every where, and thousands of women are literally shaking. LITTERALLY! They probably want some one to hold them.

Hank: Gotdanngit Bill that's asinine. If any of those things were true don't you think there'd be actual proof instead of constant speculation? Now you've got people keep throwing around the words 'Hitler' and 'Nazi' so casually. If Hitler was still around America would have an actual enemy to fight again I tell ya hwat

Dale: Everyone knows Hitler is still around. The government keeps his head in a bunker so he can give them new ideas for their continued galactic expansion. First they got Mars, soon it'll be Venus...

Boomhaur:ManItellyouwhatthatdangolelectiongoteveryoneinnatizzy.Dangolmemewarfarepepessadfrogsandcommunismman. Wholethingonlineclickclickclickmyspaceman.
>>
>>94516930
>that episode where Dale cucked john redcorn
>>
>>94520681
And the message was to don't dwell on the mistakes of the pass because it can hinder a good future. It was great.
>>
>>94520687
You're gay.
>>
>>94520763
i heard them for the first time in years. thank you.
>>
>>94520763
Perfect. I think this is the only acceptable way they could revive it & have politics.
>>
>>94520824

Fuck off m8. Listening to crazies talk about the mirror land and the million year old human theory at 2 in the morning is amazing
>>
>>94515968

I think you mean porkys butthole
>>
>>94520764
LOL Yup.
>>
>>94520892
>mirror land and the million year old human theory
u wot
>>
>>94515382
>given that FOX is still interested in animated sitcoms.
The only problem is that FOX seems to have really high expectations for new shows. They've had a lot of shows die quickly without really having a chance.
>>
>>94517248
Samurai Jack was in an entirely different position in the story. King of the Hill is basically western Slice of Life. We could pick off a week after the final episode with the gang still doing the same antics and there wouldnt be any continuity issues or plot holes. They could still not bring up Boomhauer's job. We know what it is, but thats not important to the show.
Samurai Jack had to try and make the fan favorites of a 4 season episodic show based off the fever dreams of a man wandering a wasteland with his childhood sweetheart be incorporated for just 1 more season, while changing from an episodic format to a story-based one. The problem with Samurai Jack wasnt the reboot; the first 3 episodes were kino as fuck. The problem was that it had to become an entirely different show and ramp up the pacing while trying to satisfy the fans and Gennedy's vision. It wouldnt be anywhere near the same realm.
Granted, King of the Hill in a modern timeline would be weird as fuck. Hank would have to adapt or die, or somehow lock himself in his own bubble with the rest of his friends while turning into an old man, unable to "get with the times." He'd be a few years behind Bobby for certain. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill was more tech savvy than Hank. It's a weird premise for sure, and I feel like it'd take some talented writers to create a good transition.
>>
>>94515550
Why do people think it was good, again?
>>
>>94521253
Same style of writing, animation, and stupid humor as the original
>>
>>94521245
>Granted, King of the Hill in a modern timeline would be weird as fuck. Hank would have to adapt or die, or somehow lock himself in his own bubble with the rest of his friends while turning into an old man, unable to "get with the times."
Not really, Hank isn't opposed to using a computer and can. As for modern social and political issues they're the same as ever, kinda. They just come at a harder stream because of the internet and how connected we are. The over all message of the show was "that people need to slow down and look at things objectively." If anything the problem would be repeating itself, many episodes can be used for modern issues almost 1:1
>>
>>94521086

World within mirrors and supposed archeology evidence from india that humans are really at least a million years old
>>
>>94521577
I'm skeptical of these claims, has anyone consulted the reptoids to get their opinion?
>>
>>94515245
Did you read the article?

>We have had preliminary conversations with Greg [Daniels] and Mike [Judge],” Dana Walden, Chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, says.
>>
File: good work coffee.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
good work coffee.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
>>94520763
>>
File: 1501862970531.jpg (38KB, 660x444px) Image search: [Google]
1501862970531.jpg
38KB, 660x444px
>>94521666
Thanks Satan.
Honestly if Judge is working on it then it might not be bad. The Beavis and Butthead revival was surprisingly funny, it's a shame that MTV axed it so soon.
>>
>>94521989
>it's a shame that MTV axed it so soon.
That's what happens when "oh shit we need the female audience to not be isolated"
>>
File: hank6.jpg (39KB, 231x281px) Image search: [Google]
hank6.jpg
39KB, 231x281px
>>94521253
i liked Hank. felt like someone you could actually find in reality
>>
>>94515126
>>
>>94522348
i cant remember who lucky was
>>
>>94522382
we ask you politely yet firmly to leave
>>
>>94521577
>World within mirrors
This is serious. Every time I try to get into it, my mirror clone blocks me. How does he know?
>>
File: IMG_0196.jpg (134KB, 672x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0196.jpg
134KB, 672x960px
Am I the only one who liked lucky? It was the overall writing that suffered in those last seasons, not the character itself...plus, tom petty guys...Tom FUCKIN Petty
>>
File: 1501998687389.jpg (20KB, 425x342px) Image search: [Google]
1501998687389.jpg
20KB, 425x342px
>mfw my face lit up when I saw the thread title
I'd legit be really happy if this happened. And I don't even watch it that much.
Really puts in perspective how shitty TV has gotten I guess
>>
>>94522348
That guy's alright.
>>
>>94522495
That guy is a 24 year old woman who draws cute girls but her heart and her head are always in the right place.
>>
>>94515126
God no, it had a perfect ending
>>
File: 1487145498206.jpg (159KB, 1242x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1487145498206.jpg
159KB, 1242x1181px
>>94518095
GIVE IT TO ME
>>
>>94518876
Clearly you never seen it
>>
>>94521577
>World within mirrors
Is this a JoJo reference
>>
>>94515126
>all of /co/'s beloved franchises being brought back from the dead and inevitably ruined
Couldn't happen to a nicer board.
>>
File: 1501428126254.jpg (79KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1501428126254.jpg
79KB, 600x583px
>>94519866
>mold
Wasn't there a koth episode about that?
>>
>>94515319
Bobby's lovable because his heart is always in the right place. I don't know why you would think he wouldn't be liberal as all hell.
Oh nvm, you just wanted a place to go "THAT'LL SHOW THOSE FUCKING DRUMPETEERS, FUCK DUMP AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE", yeah, you sure showed us. Carry on.
>>
>>94515158
Continuations work sometimes. IF you get all the old creatives back
The King of the Hill guys are kinda busy on Bob's Burgers and Silicon Valley, so.. no.
What KotH needs is a sorta reunion special, like old sitcoms used to have. Like everyone has actually aged, and it's one last little thing to remind us how great it was
but we shouldn't have that for a good long time.
>>
>>94519813
would it be good if they were? modern music..
>>
Fucking why? KOTH ended great
>>
>>94515126
Might B cool, but I was fine with it being over.
>>
>>94519921
I would watch it if it's revealed she just hangs out with the drag queens from the previous episode and they dont burden it with any politics and pronouns
>>
>>94521448
This.
If people are worried about them "tackling modern issues", they already have. They've already done gender identity, pornography, video game addictions, white guilt/social justice, women's rights, racism, political stupidity, and a host of other things.

Fuck, like someone already said earlier in the tread; if you're worried about Hank having to be careful about trans/gender-queer/non-binary labeling, the episode would end, at best, with Hank clearly understanding that the transperson's being treated unfairly and ultimately only gives a shit about if the person's a hard worker or not or, at worst, it would be a repeat of the episode where the drug addict works at Strickland and Hank leaves so Strickland can avoid legal ramifications for firing the transperson.
>>
>>94522482
I honestly believe that Lucky was added so that people who still didn't get that Hank and the Gang weren't redneck could see what an actual redneck looks like.

Calling Hank a redneck is like calling everyone from New England an SJW.
>>
>>94523502
See >>94518095
The best way to end this would either have Bobby grilling, while Hank looks on, proud as fuck, or to have Bobby reveal that he's still a Cowboys fan.
>>
>>94515126
Why do people hate lucky? sure he's kind of a low life, but he has a kind heart and always means the best.
>>
>>94523187
There was, and it was played off as mold inspections being an expensive sham.
Damn.
>>
>>94523296
Nah, people just like trying to make the edgiest reboot of KotH they can.

Before the election happened, I remember someone wanting a reboot where Dale killed himself and Nancy after finding out about John Redcorn, Hank says "nigger" constantly, Joseph date-raped Connie but blamed it on Bobby when he gets teen pregnant, Gracie's in an adoption agency because Luanne killed Lucky.
>>
>>94523809

Because he's a legit redneck.

If you've ever spent more then an hour with one, you'd start to hate every one of them, forever.
>>
>>94516541
>The Gribbles are divorced because Dale became convinced a woman like Nancy could only love him if she was a government agent.
this is perfect
>>
>>94518095
>Connie and Chane are married
what the fuck is wrong with you, you have no soul
>>
>>94515126
>They want to show the characters handling today's issues

So a "Dale was right" season?
>>
>>94523934
The whole point of King of the Hill was the humor of every day life. Connie, in real fucking life, would have ended up marrying Chane because that would have been her best bet for having the life she'd want to have. Connie would remain grounded thanks to her life growing up on Rainy Street, but would understand the importance of marrying Chane because it makes fiscal and cultural sense (Connie would have to move WAY the fuck away to find someone in Texas would wouldn't want her to sit her ass down instead of being the intellectual she is) and Chane would probably want someone that grounded because he'll eventually understand that you can't bullshit your way through life on your father's name forever and he has to make his own connections.
>>
>>94520467
>an episode where Connie tells some higher-up all-inclusive business man to go fuck himself through logic
>>
>>94516541
>>94518095
Gentlemen; I think we have seasons 1-4 of the New King of the Hill.
>>
File: hankhill-soccer.png (206KB, 474x351px) Image search: [Google]
hankhill-soccer.png
206KB, 474x351px
>>94516678
This. Would earn serious respect if the show had the balls to skip ahead a decade. Hank's approaching retirement, Bobby and his friends are out of college and trying to start their own lives, etc.
>>
File: 47657647654766576576654.jpg (35KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
47657647654766576576654.jpg
35KB, 453x500px
>>94516541
>Kahn and Minh haven't aged at all, and now make fun of their neighbours for looking "like hillbilly grandma and grandpa".
SECRET ASIAN WATERING TECHNIQUE!
>>
File: kahnlaugh.png (150KB, 284x342px) Image search: [Google]
kahnlaugh.png
150KB, 284x342px
>>94524117
>Of course not, hillbilly. It botox. Cost more than your truck! Hey Minh! You never believe what I convince rednecks of!
>>
Just a reminder the writers considered an episode about Dale finding about the affair "too dark." This means all of the headcanon about Dale knowing about it all along is wrong
>>
File: honk.jpg (63KB, 696x725px) Image search: [Google]
honk.jpg
63KB, 696x725px
>>94524172
I heard it in my mind like I had just seen it in an episode. 10/10
>>
I can't shake the feeling that they cancelled this for the Cleveland Show, which I was always upset about. I'm sure I'm wrong, though.
>>
>>94515319
Did they ever reference Obama on King of the Hill? He was president for like three years while the show was still on the air.
>>
File: 1501385615756.png (212KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1501385615756.png
212KB, 500x380px
https://twitter.com/hoi_theguy/status/894900272333377537
>>
>>94524533
man, that would really suck if that were the case. these guys are giving Seth too much power
>>
>>94524561
Production on the season wrapped up before that, in fact it started airing in 2008. But then the networked fucked with the air schedule and I think five or six episodes didn't even broadcast until the show was under syndication on AS
>>
>>94516242
I agree that stuff like the Myspace episode or the Trans Fats episode were too topical but there was nothing wrong with No Doubt being in the show. They were a minuscule part of the episode. They could have been replaced with a fictional band and nothing would change.
>>
>>94522346
Hank is basically your average conservative, blue collar worker with certain qualities turned up to the point of ridiculousness.

That's why KotH was so good. All the characters felt likeable and relatable, whilst still being caricatures .

>>94522482
lucky was chill af. a poochie done right imo.
>>
So if they did a timeskip I figured it'd go something like this

>Hank and the gang
Still pretty much the same, Dale's still crazy, Bill's still alive somehow
>Peggy
Still the same
>Bobby
Has some people focused job like a counselor. Hank is still distant, but quietly proud of his boy. Relationship with Joeseph became distant over the years and is now starting to re connect with his friend
>Luanne
Written off the show, make some offhand line about moving somewhere far away
>Joeseph
Chad football star in highschool, wasn't good enough for college. At risk of getting Bill'd. Hank got him a job at Strickland.
>>
>>94515319
This post is mostly shit but it made me wonder how Hank would react to Trump. Trump is like the polar opposite of Hank in terms of demeanor so even thought Hank is a staunch conservative I can't really see him being able to stomach Trump's abrasive and loud personality. Not to mention he became disillusioned with Bush for something as trivial as a limp handshake, which doesn't seem like an issue for Trump since he pretty much crushes the hands of everyone he greets. I'm almost positive that Peggy would be a Hillary supporter since her ego is too big to not fall for the "I'm with Her" propaganda. I can definitely see Dale being a huge Trump supporter since Trump is essentially his wet dream. Bill would probably dislike Trump due to his reputation with women. Bobby would likely be convinced by some girl he wants to date to support Hillary.
>>
>>94520312
The problem wasn't that they acted like jackasses, the problem was that they were so fucking smug about it. It's probably one of the biggest reasons that cost her the election which makes the Schadenfreude so entertaining.
>>
nope
nope
nope
nope
nope
>>
If they do it, at they at least better an actual time skip to it. so the main guys are now old but not too much. bobby is a late teen wich open plots the original show couldn't touch. Kid plots could be covered by Luanne 5 kids and some new faces( neigbourgs?)
Overall harleen shouldn't have changed too much though. which would be the source of the problems/plots.
>>
>>94522482
I liked him in small doses. He was a nice contradiction in that he was relatively well-mannered and surprisingly sensible on some matters but stereotypically a redneck and stupid on others. Making him a main character however and pairing him with Luanne was a mistake though.
>>
>>94526935
in the revival he better have won the lotery (like, 60 000 dollars) and live like the king of the trailer park
>>
>>94518124
Would GH join marine ?
>>
>>94515158
Good thing the article is titled "Fox in ‘Preliminary Conversations’ to Revive ‘King of the Hill’" and not "Fox in ‘Preliminary Conversations’ to Reboot ‘King of the Hill’".

Everyone needs to fucking learn the difference between a reboot, a revival, and a remake. A reboot is not the same as the latter two, no matter how many people misuse the word.
>>
>>94515550
>It's so cold in the D
>>
>>94525153
>Trans fats

I can't believe the show sided with trans fats. That stuff ruined junk food. Everything from Oreos to lays became plasticky and lacking in flavor.

We never got vaguely coconutty Oreos back (they taste like a super sweet Mexican cookie now), but at least chips are mostly back to normal.
>>
>>94516121
>Peggy joins Arlen Antifa episode
Honestly, that could be a pretty good episode. Have Peggy be overly naive about "fighting the power" and then have her slowly realize how stupid the movement is.
>>
>>94515214
>becomes PC as fuck
Yes the PC Master Race sucks. Their Political Correctness propaganda is horseshit. Let's just hope it doesn't happen to King Of The Hill.
>>
>>94518452
Vegans, hippies and democrats continue to lay waste to our way of life and what not.
Gotta climb the hill.
Must be king.
King of the Hill.
*guitar shred of theme song sting*
>>
they should do a sequel.

>strickland is dead, his bastard son from Tennessee now owns the strickland propane locations in texas. hank manages them all in Rayroy's absence.
>luanne slipped in some peepee and died in a megalo mart bathroom. lucky got a multi million settlement and is now a stay at home single parent.
>bill retired from the army and by chance inherited the family estate back in louisiana
>bobby and connie bought bill's house. bobby works with redcorn in a children's show. connie flips houses and is successful. though her parents will never let her know how proud they are.
>boomhaur had to go into witness protection after his cover as a texas ranger was blown and he testified against a cartel.
>joseph blew out his kneeds in college footaball. teaches history and coachs football at tom landry. owns boomhaur's house now.
>no one has seen Dale in person since Obama's election. though he uploads an Alex Jones type show to youtube from unknown locations. nancy is cheating on him with Didi and helping to raise GH.
>>
Reminder that Ladybird is dead
>>
>>94516541
John Redcorn is always going to look better than Hank. It's a law of the universe
>>
>>94516121
I can see that. It actually fits him pretty well, except he'll be on Lyft instead. And he'll be so desperate for tips that he spends a lot of money to make his car nice and give things to the passengers and ends up going broke.
>>
>>94526935
>Making him a main character however and pairing him with Luanne was a mistake though.
Exactly. He's a good concept but he's not ideal to have around 24/7.
>>
>>94515126
No thanks, King of the Hill ended fine and it was starting to run out of steam towards the end anyway. They had a good run and I really don't want to imagine how badly a team of new writers would fuck all the characters up.
>>
>revive KotH
>first episode starts
>starts with the middle school bell and a chubby blond boy hurrying out of class
>follow him to Hank's house, never seeing his face
>just as he passes through the kitchen a hand stops him
>camera pans, it's an older greyer Hank
>"Oh hey bro!"
>reveal it isn't Bobby we were following but Hank's half brother GH
>>
>>94515319
>>94516369
>forgetting that Bobby was a super successful steak/meat connoisseur

He'd be a head manager of a meat packing plant at the very least. With him having won meat competitions along with winning gun matches.

>Bobby participates in IPSC
>>
>>94530288
>nancy is cheating on him with Didi and helping to raise GH.
What a tweest
>>
>>94530288
>nancy is cheating on him with Didi
I'd watch this.
>>
>>94532794
didi is worst character tho
>>
>>94515319

>IT'S 2017 GUYS!
>>
My take on a King of the Hill reviva (part 1)l:

>Hank has basically stood still as the world changes around him. He has the same house, same job, same salary, same truck, & same values.
>After much "persuasion" by the school district to "advance" in her education career, Peggy is now employed at Arlen Community College. Her years of teaching Spanish are put to use in her non-credit English for Spanish speakers class.
>Bobby is in high school & is a run-of-the-mill stoner. Hank is oblivious to Bobby's marijuana habit. Bobby's cannabis consumption has enriched his comedy, though to finance this recreational activity Bobby buses tables at a local Ruth's Chris-tier steakhouse. Recently, Bobby bought his first car which Hank grumbles about being a lady's vehicle.
>Bobby, Joseph, & Connie have drifted apart. Joseph is a full-time student athlete while Connie's free time is consumed in her studies & extracurriculars. Once in a blue moon the three hang out & reminisce.
>Ladybird passed away quietly in her sleep. The Hills are not ready to adopt another dog quite yet.
>In respect out of Brittany Murphy's death, Luanne has died. It is likely her death was caused by an opoid overdose.
>Lucky & Gracie were coping well, but the one time Lucky was not committing insurance fraud Lucky was convicted & sentenced to a couple years in minimum security prison.
>Gracie is now being raised by Peggy & Hank. Gracie is the typical preschool-aged girly-girl into dolls & dress-up. Peggy wants to mold Gracie into her own image, but unfortunately she prefers Hank as a parent.
>>
>>94533947
Part 2:
>Khan has quit his 9-to-5 job & owns his own business. He's happier now despite the added stress.
>Nancy is spiraling into a midlife crisis. Struggling to compete with younger newscasters, Nancy tries to update her image with hairstyle trends, Botox treatments, & breast enhancements. Dale funds it all without complaint.
>Nancy now hides a new dark secret. During the hiatus, Nancy was so insecure she had a one-night-stand with Bill. As if that wasn't humiliating enough, she soon learned she was carrying Bill's child & terminated the pregnancy.
>Boomhauer knocked up some chick he was seeing & has married her for the kid's sake. It's not working out.
>John Redcorn, pressured by his native tribe, has married a Anasazi woman. Now the group is incentivizing the couple to reproduce. John Redcorn is willing to put out, but his wife is not interested in men.
>Buck Strickland has reconnected with his illegitimate son & is preparing him to take the reigns. Now Hank has two Bucks he has to keep the reigns on...
>Didi has since remarried another elderly man & has moved away.
>>
>>94533947
>>94534130
Too dark man.
>>
>>94515201
what sucks is , mtv still has episodes of beavis and butthead AS WELL as a deal from mike judge to be the station for more future seasons. so, that ties up mike judge's hands as far as just moving BB to say netflix or somewhere else regularly
>>
>>94533947

i'd cut the stuff with Nancy sleeping with Bill, and change Boomhauer from being in a shotgun marriage to just having weekend custody of a kid.

I'd also say that Luanne got caught up in Lucky's shit and they both got hauled off to prison for insurance fraud and tax evasion.

What about G.Hank?

Otherwise this is pretty solid.
>>
>>94515214
>gets revived
>it's the Goode family wearing masks and pretending to be the Hills
>>
>>94526784
Hank would hate Trump and we'd never get to know who it is he ACTUALLY voted for at the end of the episode. (Though it would probably hint third party with a line from hank talking about how America's great due to being able to make ANY choice).

We'd see Dale both pretending to be Pro-Trump AND Pro-Hillary, but still hide out in Mexico on Election Day; it was all a plan for him to make good with whatever side wins, that way he can get back across the Wall when it's time for Joseph to taken back into space by the aliens that orchestrated his conception.

Peggy would be pro-Hillary for no other reason than to say its time a Southern Woman ran the White House, with Bill siding with her just because wants to be able to stare at her on TV for 4 years.

Khan and Mihn would ultimately vote for whoever Ted Wassonasong is voting for.

We'll never know who Boomhauer voted for because that's none of our gotdang business, man.
>>
>>94533947
so like father like son
Bobby buys his car at sticker price?
>>
>>94534895
I thought Khan and Mihn only care about getting on Ted Wassonasong good side so that they can get into the country club?
>>
>>94534969
They still kiss his ass because the Wassonasongs are everything they want to be. It's like kissing up to the guy you use know through work/college who has a much better job that you so you can hope to have some of that rub off on you, too.
>>
>>94515126
Mike Judge if you are reading this please do not do it

Women and or non whites will ruin it
>>
>>94535090
>literally believing that Mike Judge wasn't trying to paint the picture that the only stance to take is common sense sprinkled with worldly acceptance with KotH

If you honestly think that the show was always about modern conservative values, you should already hate the show to begin with.
>>
>>94535224
>Pickle Rick

Your opinion is invalid. Go pick up a copy of the latest Miss Marvel
>>
>>94535303
How the fuck does a bait and switch meme relate to people completely misunderstanding that KotH wasn't about conservative values, but common sense?
>>
>>94534791
I want karma to sort of hit Nancy in the back. She cheated on her husband for over a decade & passed off another man's son as his. Her behavior should send her to a dark place. To sleep with Bill & have an abortion? That's horrible. She would be lynched if anyone found out. I will admit it is rather extreme, but I think it makes her dynamic all the more interesting. She would go out of her way to avoid Bill.

I was thinking the same for Boomhauer & the kid. That's probably ideal for writing- Boomhauer is the same 75% of the time with the kid used for plot convinence. Plus it's way more common nowadays for parents to forgo marriage.

Brittany Murphy is dead. She basically only voiced Luanne after Joseph hit puberty. Murphy cannot come back & neither can Luanne. Plus, Luanne would likely not be convicted for such a crime. Lucky is willing to claim all the blame.

G.H. Moved with his mom. Frankly, he might be autistic given his parents' advanced ages. But I know that would be a real bummer to write with.

>Hank's mom travels all over the country with her husband. She occasionally parks her RV in Hank's driveway much to his chagrin.
>Bill has adopted two cats. They shit in Hank's yard. He hates it, but Hank will learn that cats do keep moles from digging up his yard.
>>
>>94534938
I would think Bobby would only be able to afford a pre-owned car since he's just in high school, though Bobby doesn't peg himself as spmeone who would haggle.
>>
>>94534130
>dale
>funding anything

it is established canon that Dale's Deadbug does not turn a profit. Nancy has told him that his "earnings" only pay the cable bill. Nancy is the breadwinner in the family.
>>
>>94535986
Hank bought bobby a car in Talking Shop. In an attempt to get bobby interested in auto shop class and work on it with him as "father and son"[said in hank's reverent voice]
>>
>>94515733
I honestly loved it.
>>
>>94535927
Why not have a kid with Dale. I don't think Dale is infertile
>>
>>94515126
>Prime time animation has become so originality bankrupt that Fox has to revive a dead show for a ratings boost.
>/co/ will lap it up even though King of The Hill, why great for when it was made, has been beaten to death.
>>
>>94536237
Fox won't allow any animated shows that aren't comedies about nuclear families.
>>
>>94536018
I would imagine Dale would have to start pulling down some money. Never nearly as much as Nancy, but maybe to afford a few luxuries (like a boob job).

Man, Dale would have a new circle of prepper friends in this day & age...
>>
>>94536372
Nancy would just get moved to being one of the anchors. it is where all the "distinguished news reporters" go.
>>
>>94536228
I don't think Dale is established to be sterile, but he could be considering all the chemicals he must be exposed to.
>>
>0 results for "yep"
>>
>>94536410
But is she distinguished enough? The station could drop her in a heartbeat, especially in this day & age. Men can be suave when they age, but women often deteoriate.
>>
Sometimes you gotta kick a baby in the mouth and vomit!
>>
>>94536098
Hm, the title sounds familiar but I don't remember that episode. Sounds like Bobby never got into it. Hank probably sold it if that is the case.
>>
>>94536498
hank probably put it in boomhaur's garage. fixing it up himself in his spare time. because why would he let someone else deny him the pleasure of using tools to fix a car.
>>
ALSO YOSO
>>
>>94536461
nancy was doing investigative reports in later seasons. she also got an anchor job in houston once. so it depends if she aged like Helen Mirran or Lindsay Lohan.
>>
>>94515126
Man I am conflicted as fuck about this show being rebooted.
>>
>>94536558
That makes sense.
>>
>>94515231
Fuck off and die.
>>
I cannot eat another meal with Beal at our dinner table.
>>
>>94516803
I don't have enough blood pressure medication god damn it
>>
>>94516967
You're good people
>>
File: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.png (211KB, 312x345px) Image search: [Google]
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.png
211KB, 312x345px
>>94536729
[direct unearthly sobbing]
>>
>>94515843
> perfect reconstruction of Gene Siskel's and Roger Ebert's outfits
>>
>>94518722
Hank is from NYC
>>
Peggy, I'm going to return the tank.
You're a skank.
>>
>>94516803
HANK
WERE IN UNDERTALE
>>
>>94518966
lol xd that wuld sure be funnyer because it isn't making fun of you
>>
>>94515164

new season starts off with Luanne's funeral
>>
File: 561771.jpg (63KB, 520x320px) Image search: [Google]
561771.jpg
63KB, 520x320px
Aged up Gracie when?
>>
>>94526784
hank would write in jeb
>>
>>94515319
it's time to go back to >>>/pol/
fucking now you assaholic.
>>
>>94539481
Aged up? She's fine just like she is.
>>
>>94516671
Someone post the screenshot that proves that dale is, in fact, not a cuck.
>>
>>94515158
fpbp
I simply don't trust Fox or anyone else in tYoOL 2017 to recognize what made KotH special and excellent, let alone be able to reproduce it.
>>
>>94515126

Now I'll finally know whether or not Hank is a Trump voter.
>>
>>94515319
Why the fuck would Dale support politics at all?
>>
Things that only people who've never seen the show or are avid members of SkettiFactory think they would do in a Koth revival

>Address the 2016 election in any way
>Kill off Luanne
>Acknowledge any /pol/The_Donald memes
>Have anyone suffer
>Let Dale find out
>>
>>94542612
>Kill off Luanne
they kinda have to get rid of her in some manner, people would have a fit if they recasted her, and killing her off is the neatest solution
>>
Peggy becomes the focus of the show and its renamed Queen of the Hill
>>
>>94542659
They could get another voice actor, I mean hell it wouldn't even be the first time a Brittany Murphy character got recast--they replaced her as Laurie on That 70s Show
>>
>>94542938
Brittany Murphy didn't play Laurie. But they did replace her with P!nk in Happy Feet 2.
>>
>>94536347
They've had a few, but they failed like everything else not Simpsons or Family Guy.
>>
>>94542612
>>Address the 2016 election in any way
they said they wanted this revival because they started thinking this country and how hank'd see it
>>
>>94542612
>Acknowledge any /pol/The_Donald memes
I can totally see them making a parody of the Pepe thing. Peggy would totally manage to accidentally use some cartoon that was a meme with the wrong people.
>>
>>94534895
Pretty much this.
>>
>>94520827
You know they show reruns every night on Adult Swim right?
>>
>>94516121
>>Connie and Joseph explain white privilege to Bobby episode
The joke would be that Connie is lecturing both Bobby and Joseph, because Joseph would still think he was white.
>>
for the love of god stop reviving old shit.

MAKE NEW THINGS.

MAKE NEW THINGS.
>>
>>94515126
Bobby finally hits puberty and actually becomes a star football player when he reaches Highschool
>>
>>94545004
Shit that's right. I think I get her and Lisa Robin Kelly confused because they're blonde actresses that od'd
>>
>>94548190
Studios don't like the risk in something that has no established guaranteed audience. So it's remakes, reboots, revivals, & pre/mid/sequels all around.
>>
>>94549088
So Fox will never make a gritty rotoscope animated drama set in prohibition era Chicago?
>>
>>94516121
>Connie and Joseph explain white privelege to Bobby
>not a stupid white man or maybe Ted Wassanasong
Do you even watch this show?
>>
>>94548158
maybe you have that channel in USA
>>
File: hawkeyeandtrappershitpostonK.jpg (25KB, 345x449px) Image search: [Google]
hawkeyeandtrappershitpostonK.jpg
25KB, 345x449px
>>94519929
Dont forget mash re-runs
>>
>>94515158
But no one said anything about a reboot.
>>
>>94518085
Grandpa Hank already exists, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ65hou2-78
>>
>>94520763

You know the funny thing about Boomhaur is before I started watching the show properly I thought that the gag with him was that he was incomprehensible like Kenny.

But after watching a few episode I realised I can understand everything he says and your mind just filters all the dangs and mans out subconsciously.
>>
>>94519866
That was a rumour flying around that turned out to be untrue.
>>
anyone else hoping they do it as a "20 years later" continuation?
I can see new stories with that
>>
>>94515201
>Beavis and Butthead got revived and suddenly disappeared
I love how that revival was in 4:3 instead of gay-ass widescreen.
>>
>>94516930
>using shitty tv rips for making memes
>>
>>94539481
Could work as a replacement for Luanne on a bittersweet note, she's so very like her mom in appearance that it takes Peggy and Hank by surprise when she occasionally acts like lucky.
>>
>>94521253

Because it was good.
>>
File: wtfisthisshit.png (2KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
wtfisthisshit.png
2KB, 245x235px
>>94519838
>>
>>94515126
I hope not. It ended on a good tone.
>>
>>94535357
Conservative values are common sense.
>>
File: Jeff_Boomhauer.png (46KB, 266x394px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff_Boomhauer.png
46KB, 266x394px
>>94515126
Yeah man I tell ya what man them dang ol' reebots man goin dang ol' never as good as the original man dang ol' powerpuff girls n' twerkin with pedophiles man dang ol', teen titans man
>>
>>94515126
Fox : We want another show about what it's like to be a Republican voter living their day to day life in the current political atmosphere.

Idea guys: I heard Rosanne is trying to bring back her old show. That was all about a blue collar family dealing with the problems of their political atmosphere. Let's take one of our old shows and do the same

I know! Let's bring back King of the Hill. Sure we ended off with everyone being happy where they are in life, but that doesn't mean we can't screw that up. Plus we already own the rights to it so it shouldn't be much of a money issue.

Fox: Whatever. The idiot fanboys will watch it along with people that never watched the old series before.
>>
>>94515126
If they bring the show back they need to move the timeline forward a little, not by a great margin but enough to feel like the show has some new stories to tell.
>>
>>94551854
No.

Joseph and Bobby's appeal was firmly rooted in them being in middle school.

Hank wouldn't work as well as a Grandfather nor Peggy as a grandmother. Most of the appeal was them working and Hank not selling propane is too much.

And Ladybird's dead
>>
>>94551916
Same. It was jarring but at the same time weirdly charming.
>>
>>94515469
Probably not. An original idea has become too risky according to the guys that do the marketing and research hat studios follow blindly. Honestly if you wanna blame something for it, blame the Harry Potter and LOTR movies. They're the ones that pretty much cemented the idea that it's easier and far more lucrative to take a preexisting product with a large fan base and create something based off that.
>>
>>94553110
sure if you're not a /pol/ack
>>
>>94517248
Says you and everyone else triggered by asami.
>>
>>94515550
>First episode commentaries
God tier
>all the others
I still think to this day that the Jersey shore celebs they riffed complained to MTV and they told the writers to tone it down. Literally all the commentaries past episode 1 are NOT FUNNY.
>>
>>94515126
I won't write it off immediately because Beavis and Butthead came back as if it never stopped, but King of the Hill was kinda stretching for plots towards the end (the last few episodes were solid though). Ironically dealing with recent things might be its best bet, hazardous as that route is (something with Bobby and social media is pretty much inevitable desu).

>>94541772
Honestly whenever I think of Never-Trump conservatives I think of someone like Hank.
>>
>>94523908
>End of Season 1
>Turns out Dale has ACTUALLY BECOME a goverment agent selling out his beliefs for her love
>Nancy is used to Dale's antics and just thinks this is heartwarming
>They get together
>>
>>94548092
>I don't know what's wrong with these people, IT'S JUST A FREAKING FROG HANK!
>>
File: 1473174168332.jpg (33KB, 463x355px) Image search: [Google]
1473174168332.jpg
33KB, 463x355px
I've come to appreciate King of the Hill so much as an adult that a revival will easily miss the point. They can't do what they could in 2007/8, and that's saying something.

-sigh- Yep.
>>
>>94515126
I hope not.
>>
>>94553110
Compared to the brand of "conservatism" that exists today, Hank's a liberal.
>>
It's just shit, it's not gonna kill you!
>>
>>94515126
I love KotH, but the last episode is one of the best in the series. That's a good exit.
>>
>>94553873
>They can't do what they could in 2007/8
Why must you retards spout this complete nonsense over and over again? You live in a fantasy hate bubble that is not the concern of Fox, who knows that dull social outrage is profitable.
>>
>>94524192
>Just a reminder the writers considered an episode about Dale finding about the affair "too dark."
There is literally nothing darker than cucking a man, keeping him in the dark about it for ages so he raises his non-biological son with his resources and having the real father hang around at the edges.
The truth is positively saccharine in comparison and gives Dale a chance at having a choice.

Hollywood types are really fucked in the head.
>>
>>94553395
There's plenty of humour you can get out of Grampa Hank having to basically deal with Bobby's kid, with him realizing that he's being too much like Cotton when he goes overboard with his old fashioned values or being absolutely shocked that Bobby has sound advice that not even Hank would have thought of.

"Come on, dad. I wasn't right when I was his age either; if YOU could put up with ME, I can figure out how to put up with HIM."
>>
>>94538469
>i support established characters being turned into completely out-of-character soapboxes as long as they validate me!
>>
>>94553395
>Hank not working as a grandfather or being retired
>Implying Hank accidentally undermining Bobby's parenting or he and Bobby's dynamic of old fashioned vs modern day being cranked up wouldn't write itself
>implying Hank wouldn't finally be manager of Strickland Propane or a council member of the Texas Propane Association

>Peggy not working well as a grandmother
>Implying that Peggy repeatedly meddling with Bobby's parenting by trying to constantly one up him doesn't write itself

Bobby and Joseph would probably work out to be a Hank if he had some of Bill's awkwardness and a Dale would's completely unaware that he's as cool as Boomhauer.
>>
>>94553423
Comfy as fuck on my CRT monitor.
>>
>>94554180
Except for the fact that they go out of their way to show that Dale is a legitimately good father and John Redcorn was too much of a coward to fully be there for Joseph and Nancy was too much of a coward to leave Dale.

People have become so focused on "hurr KEK XD" that they forget the point was that Dale was technically WAY better than John Redcorn. Even in the episode where Dale is convinced that Joseph is part alien, he loves the shit out of him and is willing to stand up to aliens that he believes will vaporize him on the spot to save his boy. Or the episode where Nancy nearly cheats again, but Dale shows that he'll love her no matter what and goes wig shopping with her.

Dale is the ultimate end of the whole "cuck" cycle; the bull realizes that no one's going to give a shit about him once he hits 40, while the cuckold has a loving family that the bull completely missed out on. The bull dies alone and grieved by no one, while the cuckold dies among a moaning family.
>>
>>94515126
Isn't this the 2nd time they've done this for King of the Hill?

Where it's the same show but everything is updated to be more current with what's going on today?
>>
>>94526935
>>94523693
He was originally supposed to be just a one-off character for a celebrity guest to play, but he was so popular that they brought him back as a fulltime character.
>>
>>94554606
No, they just go uncancelled at one point.

Unless you're thinking of The Goode Family, which was suppose to be "King of the Hill, but with Liberals" but turned into "What Stan Smith thinks Liberals are like: The TV Series".

The Hills, while technically conservative Texans, were good people with sensible values who had to cope with the changing times, while still seeing the good in SOME of their values.

The Goodes were literally a caricature of all liberals that Fox News viewers believe exist; forced multi-cultural holier-than-thou fart sniffers with nothing good or human about them.
>>
>>94554710
Which is weird, because he originally showed up in the episode where Khan and Mihn go full redneck and didn't show back up for ages after that.
>>
>>94554536

I think we really forgot the meaning of the word cuck here.

Dale being oblivious invalidates his cuck status.
>>
>>94554757
it aired on ABC, though. So Fox didn't even want it.
>>
Would be cool if there is a time skip. I'm tired of plots that real with Bobby's wimpiness. I'm ready for 6'2" athletic Bobby.
>>
>>94553603
Bobby becomes a Brony and Hank loses his shit.
>>
>>94549155
They might, but it'll get cancelled halfway through the first season because it didn't get more views than The Simpsons.
>>
How would you feel about them aging Bobby up to late 20s and him becoming main character?
>>
>>94553282
Nah it was just that woman thinking "how would hank and his friends discuss donald trump". That's clear from the article.
>>
>Beavis & Butthead 2011 got 1 short season
>Family of the Guy will get 5 seasons and a crossover special.
>>
File: emoji.png (24KB, 109x128px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.png
24KB, 109x128px
>this reboot will probably be the first bad seasons King of the Hill ever gets
>the renewed attention will make the show unbearable to talk about as it will be split between new fans making shitty modern memes and being obnoxious as fuck and people that don't like it will also be obnoxious as fuck and pretend that King of the Hill was always terrible

Why couldn't they just leave it alone, it was perfect
>>
>>94515126
>SETH MCFARLAND REBOOTING IT
>>
>>94555020
I'd rather they compromise on things and age everyone up a little bit but not as much as they should be. Bobby technically should be thirty something (he turned 12 in 1997), but making everyone 20 years older than they were in season 1 wouldn't be as fun to watch. Have them just age since the ending. Seven/eight years gives us Bobby around 21-23, everyone else will change but not enough to make the main cast all senior citizens.
>>
File: 1280w.jpg (154KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280w.jpg
154KB, 1280x960px
>Chairman and CEO of Fox Television Group, says. “I would like to explore that. We had a very preliminary conversation about that. Given what’s going on in the country, I think they had a point of view about how those characters would respond.”
>>
>>94553610
>Dale does something hundrum behind a desk and somehow has no idea he works for the government until somebody points it out
>he then completely freaks out for a few days until he gets talked down and begrudgingly goes back to work, rationalizing it as being "a man on the inside"

The pointing out would be something nonchalant like him ranting about never working for The Man and Nancy saying something like
>What are you talkin about shug, you already do. Why did you think your benefits were so good?
>>
https://twitter.com/erotickoth/status/259337989031862272
>>
>>94521214
This.
Remember Sit Down, Shut Up?
Thread posts: 407
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.