[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Alan Moore >write a character that encompasses every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>be Alan Moore
>write a character that encompasses every philosophy and political ideology you despise, showing the faults of these points of view
>make him disgusting in every way, being of poor hygiene, being incredibly sexually repressed, and having zero social skills
>depict him as unhinged and insane
>a vast majority of readers praise this character as being a true hero and a complete badass

No wonder he became fed up with comics.
>>
Moore is a hack
>>
Moore 1) failed to adequately show that Rorschach's negative qualities are causally linked to his philosophy, reducing his commentary to implying they're bad because the fictional character he created who followed them was bad and 2) Rorschach is hypocritical and doesn't follow his philosophy all the way through anyway so you could alternatively interpret Rorschach is a bad person for NOT following his philosophy.

Also, literally 90% of Rorschach fanboyism comes from his visual design. Like I'm not even joking. It's fucking perfect both aesthetically and symbolically.
>>
>be Alan Moore
>write character that encompasses every philosophy and political ideology you despise
>make him disgusting in every way, being of poor hygiene, being incredibly sexually repressed, and having zero social skills
>depict him as unhinged and insane
>get angry when people like your self-insert more than any other character

GG Moore.
>>
Didn't Linkara idolize Rorschach and completely unironically agreed with him?
>>
>>94513662
[Spoiler] rorsarch was intended to be viewed as the true big BAD by the reader[/spoiler]
>>
>>94513662
I think making Roshach impoverished and abused as a kid blows it all. I mean he turned out fucking great for someone who had that sort of childhood. Also the pussy therapist kind of accidentally validates him too, as does his over all integrity, friendship and loyalty to Dan.
>>
>>94514651
Really? He was bad, but he didn't seem really that big: literally or figuratively.
>>
>>94514745
>Roshach
>>
>>94514185
Kek
>>
>>94514772
You could be playing where's waldo right now, faggot.
>>
File: watchmen-rorschach_00357524.jpg (640KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-rorschach_00357524.jpg
640KB, 1920x1200px
>>94513662
Feels good, the rest of characters are a bunch of useless and cowards.
>>
>>94513662
Maybe if you didn't make him the only character who was right at the end people wouldn't had liked him so much.
>>
The world being shifting shades of black and white is a better stance than everything being grey.
>>
>>94514745
He turned out to be an insane murder-hobo. Not the best place to end up.
>>
>>94514888
He wasn't right, he was just never proven wrong, and stuck to his "morals" throughout the actual story. It is implied, though that his morals are just a shady and poorly followed as all the other characters but never explained outright for the casual audience

One of his worst traits is also that he is an unhinged vigilante, but the unhinged vigilante is an accepted trope in comic books so that doesn't seem that bad of a flaw when it should be.
>>
>>94514990
>It is implied, though that his morals are just a shady and poorly followed as all the other characters
Are they? His explanation of hs stance actually moved his therapist and arguably made him a better person. Do any other characters accomplish anything like that, space squids aside?
>>
Yes, I for one supported the rapists he killed.
>>
He did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1448070438447.png (67KB, 449x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1448070438447.png
67KB, 449x1197px
>>94514185
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.