[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's going to go win several Academy Awards, isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0885.jpg (401KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0885.jpg
401KB, 1536x2048px
It's going to go win several Academy Awards, isn't it? There's literally nothing stopping the juggernaut that is Wonder Woman.
>>
>>94508731
We need this anon. We need this for the next time some idiot asshole in Hollywood says "you can't have a female led action movie". We need this to shut them up forever.
>>
>>94508731
>It's going to go win several Academy Awards, isn't it?

Nope. Costume design and visual effects at best.
>>
>>94508815
I could see best male supporting actor.
>>
>>94508731
>there are people who still cares about the Oscars
My God, I hope that Hollywood die indeed.
>>
>>94508844

That would actually be hilarious if it happened.
>>
>>94508844
Hahaha, no.

It won't win any of the big awards. Patty Jenkins *might* get a best director nom, though.
>>
>>94508731

Worst capeshit of the century
>>
>>94508731

Oscar is a fucking joke in this days
To end the credibility of this award for good I hope this movie wins some Oscar
Shit deserves shit
>>
>>94508731
>not accounting for inflation
>but let's list movies that are 25 years old for comparison
>>
File: Academy Award Winning.jpg (240KB, 793x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Academy Award Winning.jpg
240KB, 793x1000px
And I thought Suicide Squad was the DC movie that just kept on giving. Everything about Wonder Woman has been fantastic. Can't wait for Justice League.
>>
Can we stop pretending it will win anything big?
I liked the movie a lot but it's nothing amazing, and I could live without all the "LOL DCfags thought it was going to win!" that will follow.
>>
>>94509058

You do understand that adjusting for inflation means that there are 131 other movies in front of Wonder Woman. However, these are movies as recent as Goblet of Fire and Chronicles of Narnia.

A better judge would be TICKET sales, particularly since the 400M Spider-Man (Raimi #1) made in 2002 (adjusting to $617M) was without 3D and premium uncharges.
>>
>>94508815
>Costume design

Possibly this and comparably art direction.

I think the visual effects, especially with GotG, Valerian, and many other films that I'm too fussed to mention by name that merit it more, plus how bad the CGI was in the third act as most have noted, it's unlikely. Sound might be a notation, but again it's unlikely, especially if it doesn't get a major nod, which is highly unlikely.

>>94508950

If Jenkins didn't get a nomination for directing Monster, I doubt she'll get a nomination for this.

>>94509051
Keep telling yourself that anon, especially when you find all those DVDs that note that XYZ movie won a People's Choice or a New York Film Critics award or whatever the fuck you think is credible.
>>
Somebody post some posts from the archive where people said this movie would flop. They always give me a laugh
>>
>>94509483
Dunkirk has all the sound-related awards in the bag already.
>>
>>94508844

So could I. Pine carried that film
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.