[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I quit reading DC after Batman: Endgame but picked up a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: dc.jpg (348KB, 1982x1256px) Image search: [Google]
dc.jpg
348KB, 1982x1256px
So I quit reading DC after Batman: Endgame but picked up a few trades recently after hearing some positive things about Rebirth. I'm kinda confused though.

Is the only difference with Rebirth Wally West is back and New 52 Superman/Old Superman fused?

Was Gordan still Batman for a while? Did the Justice League fight Darkseid like in Volume 1? I just don't understand what happened and what didn't.

Also what is Dark Night Metal about?
>>
>>94497291
>Gordan

*Gordon
>>
Read this issue.
http://viewcomic.com/dc-universe-rebirth-001-2016/
>>
>>94497291

Not OP but I thought rebirth was supposed to be a "rebirth" that straightened out all the old continuity but it definitely felt like if you didn't read all of the last 5-6 years of DC comics nothing made sense. Also did the Watchmen ever actually appear or was that ending all hype just for a year of nothing? (tldr Rebirth just seems like the same old shit?)
>>
All the New 52 stuff happened except alot of Superman related events such as his relationship with Diana. That has been left muddled as fucking hell because the cunts couldn't just leave it at new 52 & pre new 52 Superman being separate.

Metal is some event revolving around a mystery involving Hawkman's nth metal and a Apocalyptic future where Batman goes bad.
>>
>>94497680
>Also did the Watchmen ever actually appear or was that ending all hype just for a year of nothing?
They are playing the long game with that.
They addressed part of it in a few issue crossover between the main Flash and Batman books with the Flashpoint Reverse Flash coming back to life. But the bigger issue will be addressed in a upcoming series called The Doomsday Clock.
>>
>>94497680
I can't comprehend how you can think this. It does very little to continuity but the whole thing is a jumping on point. You don't have to read absolutely anything that came before.

The Watchmen thing is a tease for an event later this year.
>>
>>94497291

Still shit
They Kill Wonder Woman with this new 52 Wondy without the original clay origin
And Batman has 300 sidekicks, not that genius anymore
dumb comics for a dumb era
>>
>>94497692
I would say most of new 52 Superman still happened since they showed merged Superman wearing the costume and haven't retconned out most of the interactions between him and other characters. It's basically only SMWW that got erased and some of the villain stuff like Metallo.
>>
Unless stated otherwise, Rebirth = Nu52 never happened. At least that's what it seems like to me.
>>
>>94497863
So Lois still revealed Clark's identity, and he got infected by a Doomsday virus and went absolutely fucking psycho on Braniac's world ship and started to lose his powers when he got home and he joined a superhuman fight club? Because all that besides Lois being a dumb shit was rad as hell, but I feel like it no longer happened
>>
>>94498407
They have specifically mentioned Truth in NSM in the issue where Reborn Superman showed up and one of the villains from there showed up again. The finer details are sketchier (like was it just the depowering aspect? was the identity still revealed but Mxy fixed it?), but it still happened in some form.
>>
>>94498407

I'm not sure about some of those older things - personally I doubt the entire Doomsday virus mess happened). They kept (from Morrison's Action run) that Ma and Pa Kent are dead, versus the actual pre-FP version of only Jonathan dying. Not really sure what's going on with Lois' family since they haven't talked about any of them but Sam Lane had roles in New 52 which are similar but different than Pre-FP.

I'm guessing you're correct about the identity reveal but more than that, they are also showing other things like a ten year break,

>>94497291
so I doubt the Justice League first arc (Darkseid invasion) happened the way it did, but they haven't really addressed a bunch of this stuff and I suspect they don't know and are keeping it open for later use (just as they brought Doomsday back for Action, and a different Cyborg Superman (which also changes Kara's New 52 history) and a different Metallo.
>>
>>94498352
Not true. It's just a reconciliation. Diana might be the biggest casualty though, since it really is like the entirety of her New 52 continuity was wiped clean. Supes kept most of his stories after Superman Reborn merged Superdad and Superbro, Bats kept most of his stories (I didn't read Endgame but I know Eternal is still canon, Harper Rowe is still around), but Diana kept basically nothing.
>>
>>94497291
Rebirth is to New 52 as Zero Hour was to COIE
>>
>>94498407
>>94501217
They definitely didn't keep the identity reveal guys. He's still going to work at the Bugle everyday as Clark.
>>
File: 16ibcel.jpg (385KB, 1024x1354px) Image search: [Google]
16ibcel.jpg
385KB, 1024x1354px
>>94501309

ONE JOB ANON

>Bugle

Everyday as PETER
>>
Thats what im confused about. Does everyone still know Supermans identity?

And in Batman when Jim met Gotham and Gotham Girl he goes "is it really better to wear a mask? I figured it be itchy" But he just got through wearing one like two weeks ago!

Im not fully caught up yet. Is Joker still a suicidal butcher? Im imagining he didnt have a giant stupid machine full of his memories.
>>
I honestly think people put too much thought into continuity. But DC doing shit like this for no reason just makes reading their books tedious when you constantly have to wonder if something is plot hole or just didnt happen.
>>
>>94497291
It's mostly just a shift in editorial attitude.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.