[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on long car trip tomorrow and picked up these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1257x646px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1257x646px
I'm going on long car trip tomorrow and picked up these to read, what am I in for? I was also gonna get The Visions but I forgot to and now I'm pissed.
>>
>>94495335
Read them and find out.
>>
Multiversity is the good one
>>
>>94495456
The others aren't?
>>
>>94495335
Multiversity is a good read. It's also not one single thing, so you can put it down easily.

Red Son is predictable. It's not something I've wanted to re-read (and I have the floppies as digitals AND own the collected edition), although IF Warners actually is serious about adapting it, I would probably re-read it.

Multiversity has one issue (all the issues are extended floppies, BTW) "Masterman" about a Superman raised in Nazi Germany which is a lot more interesting take than Superman raised in Communist Russia.

Not familiar with Arkham Asylum since I'm just generally not a batfan, but it gets mentioned favorably whenever Batman rec threads and, more importantly, when Morrison rec threads come up, so don't know what anon meant.

I assume you're not driving, but I would still pick up a pod cast or audiobook. You can find TONS of free podcasts to download and if you have a library card, there's plenty of audio books you can download on line without pirating. Not sure if it's possible to get legit audiobooks, I remember when folks I knew were trying to get the Harry Potter books, they just downloaded a bunch of viruses and crap. Sometimes I find trying to read graphic novels on a car trip, with the bumping and crap, is annoying, I find I have to re-read parts because of the jostles and stuff.
>>
>reading in a moving car
a.) you'll get a headache

b.) you'll fuck up yr eyesight
>>
>>94495335
>I'm going on long car trip tomorrow and picked up these to read, what am I in for? I
I hope by long car trip you mean longer than an hour, cause that's how long it will take to finish these.
>>
>>94495906
>being a genetic mistake
>>
>>94495906
sounds like you have motion sickness issues or something, neither of those is common
>>
>>94495958
>>94495989
Nah, I've heard of lots of people getting sick trying to read in a car, I don't but it can be annoying if the road is bumpy but we're gonna be on highways most of the time. I'm pretty sure it won't screw with your eyesight though.
>>
>>94495830
Serious House is easily one of Morrison's weakest comics. Nice art though.
>>
>>94495906

Not true anon. I read trades on the bus at least two to four times a week, without problems.
>>
Haven't read Arkham Asylum.
I am missing three issues from completing Multiversity and it's a fucking blast. If you enjoy weirdness and parallel universes where everything is possible, this is for you. You get nazi Superman, faux Avengers, faux Watchmen, superheroes becoming celebrities, and meta stories interconnected by little details. Grant Morrison at his best. I suggest reading it with Google at hand for maximum understanding, although it's not a requirement.

Superman Red Son is a great concept with just plain awesome imagery that gets disappointing towards the end. I still consider it a good read, just enjoy it as a really cool elseworlds story. The best thing is how the good parts get stuck to your head more than the bad parts, so you will always remember that time Superman was a communist and it wasn't all that bad actually.
>>
>>94496248
Also, it doesn't fall into the trope of "Communism = bad. USA = good" it's a good analysis of both Superman and Lex Luthor, and how the context alters not only their relationship, but the sides they pick. It shows why Luthor no matter what universe or timeline he is in, he will always oppose Superman, regardless of context, because that's who he is.
Also there is a twist ending. Some people enjoy it, some people (me) don't. It doesn't add or subtract to the story.
And it has one of the worst depictions of Wonder Woman I have seen, even worse than Injustice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.