[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Donald Glover as Simba James Earl Jones as Mufasa Alfre Woodard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Donald Glover as Simba
James Earl Jones as Mufasa
Alfre Woodard as Sarabi
Chiewetel Ojiofor as Scar
John Oliver as Zazu
Billy Eichner as Timon
Seth Rogen as Pumbaa

(Beyonce as Nala???)

Rate the cast.
>>
>>94487343
>(Beyonce as Nala???)
terrible
>>
>>94487343
John Kani as Rafiki.
>>
How is this shit supposed to work exactly?
>>
>>94487343
so is this supposed to be cgi, or are they human versions of the characters?
>>
>>94487435
CGI
>>
>>94487435
I understand the Jungle Book riding that Avatar line of having live action elements, but how is this not just a 3D animated movie? Are they going to use all real filmed locations or something?
>>
>>94487343
Would have liked Irons to come back as Scar, but this is a relatively solid cast. Not sure about Timon, Pumbaa, or Nala though. Prowler vs. Baron Mordo would be cool
>>
>>94487461
so, live action with cgi animals? this remake is pointless
>>
>>94487529
It is. It's just part of the live action remake high Disney's on.
>>
>>94487343

Why do this? Unless this is adapting the musical version of this? It's not is it?
>>
>>94487529
Disney is pretty much out of ideas. And maybe those animated films weren't progressive enough. So they'll make updated live action versions that have a more acceptable progressive message. Also, from his performance in Rouge One, James Earl Jones sounds really old.
>>
>recasting for a fucking CGI adaptation of an animated movie
Literally for what fucking purpose? So we can listen to Seth Rogan and John "CURRENT YEAR" Oliver butcher the dialogue from a movie that is so recent that you could reassemble the original fucking cast with zero issue?

Seriously, is there ANY goddamn reason not to bring Nathan Lane or Ernie Sabella back?
>>
>>94487343
Not crazy for Timone and Pumba. And Chiewetel's voice isn't intimidating enough to be Scar.

>>94488539
Politics aside, Oliver has a good voice for Zazu
>>
>>94487529
It is, but The Jungle Book was one of my favorite movies from last year. I'm honestly looking forward to see what Favreau does with The Lion King.
>>
>>94487343
John Oliver is literally a discount Rowan Atkinson. Why not get Rowan Atkinson? Why not get the original cast? It's literally voice work.
>>
>>94489722
>Rowan Atkinson
medic?
>>
A take like the musical would be way cooler, with human actors dressed to represent the animal they're portraying.
>>
>>94487343
>Beyonce as anything

Please no. The Lion King will put asses in seats without shooting over budget to get Beyonce. (Though she might do it on the cheap since she has three kids now), but her voice is pretty distracting and she's a singer(?) not a voice actress.

>Donald Glover
I'll take that.
>JEJ
Of course.
>Alfre Woodard
RIP to Sarabi's original voice actress; she was sick while recording IIRC.
>Chiewetel Ojiofor
My vote is for Sahr Ngaujah if they make Scar more intimidating.
>Billy/Seth
Okay I guess. I'm having a hard time seeing seth voicing Pumbaa.
>>
File: 1325269239010.jpg (27KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1325269239010.jpg
27KB, 350x350px
So a bunch of black people to play african beasts? Racist much?
>>
>>94487701
>James Earl Jones sounds really old.

Because he is really old?
>>
>>94490105
culture engrossing is fucking retarded.
>>
>>94487343
>Seth Rogen as Pumbaa

DUDE, GRUBS! LMAO!
>>
Kinda wish it was live action with people instead of CGI and it was just about an african tribe
>>
>>94487343
>Donald Glover
pass
>>
>>94488539
>John "CURRENT YEAR" Oliver
Someone is scared of actual objective facts I see
>>
>>94490105

It goes a layer deeper. So far, all the predators are played by Black people. All the prey animals are White.
>>
>>94490260
>getting facts from comedy
Do Brits enjoy that their main export to the US is failed stand up comedians?
>>
>>94489914
That's Robin Atkin Downes, dummy.

Rowan Atkinson is Mr. Bean.
>>
>>94487343
>Billy Eichner as Timon
>Not Bill Hader.

Fucked up.
>>
File: 1420353688167.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1420353688167.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>94490369
I didn't take my smart pills this morning anon
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.