[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only vaguely remember this show >humor was largely "Taz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 253941.jpg (79KB, 435x660px) Image search: [Google]
253941.jpg
79KB, 435x660px
I only vaguely remember this show

>humor was largely "Taz or someone gets hurt in comedic fashion"
>lots of pop culture references/parodies because early 90's cartoon
>the dad was basically Bob Hope
>bunch of side characters no one but creepy DeviantArt perverts bother to remember
>apparently people wanted to fuck the sister

Was this show any good?
>>
I remember it being so-so.
>>
This was sort of like the prototype for Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, The Looney Tunes Show, basically every Warner Brothers Animation comedy with animal characters. You can tell that they hadn't quite worked out the formula yet, but you could see hints of it developing as the show went on.

Something the show was good at was balancing a bunch of different subgenres at the same time. It was a domestic sitcom, a workplace sitcom, and a traditional Looney Tunes-style funny animal cartoon. Taz himself took on a number of different roles to accommodate the multifaceted nature of the show, which is rather impressive for a character who is essentially feral and never speaks beyond simple grunts. When at home, he was the underachieving adult son of a suburban family unit, still living with his parents and much younger siblings. When at work, he was the put-upon bellhop of the local hotel, hated by his abusive employer. When out in the wild, he was an actual Tasmanian Devil, pursued by both hunters and zoological researchers. You'd think that having the show be pulled in so many directions would cause a clash, but they always did a good job of making them feel like cohesive parts in the life of one single individual.
>>
>>94487259
>>the dad was basically Bob Hope

He was Bing not Bob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsPidKliVGQ
>>
>>94487259
I also watch OneyPlays.
>>
>>94488377
So, that's what the Family Guy reference has him saying he beats his children with a sock of oranges?

Oh, and why Taz's dad kept going on about orange juice.
>>
It had an extremely catchy inro

COME TO TAZMANIA! COME TO TAZMANIA! WE MEAN YOU!
>>
>>94487259
The Italian dub was great.
Basically, they ran with the fact that Taz was intelligible in the original version, so they had the voice actor just adlib random stuff every time.

Then there was that time there was an episode with little to no dialogue where Taz befriends a pterodactyl and they invented new dialogue for both Taz and the pterodactyl to make a new plot with mommy pterodactyl adopting Taz as her new son.
>>
>>94488075
>This was sort of like the prototype for Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, The Looney Tunes Show, basically every Warner Brothers Animation comedy with animal characters. You can tell that they hadn't quite worked out the formula yet, but you could see hints of it developing as the show went on.
Tiny Toons debuted the year before TazMania.
>>
>>94487259
I remember an episode of this show where 2 twins are trying to steal dad's golf trophy. A low-speed chase in golf carts ensues, and they recover the prize, but the dad, upon seeing how sad the twins were, gives them the trophy anyway.

The twins celebrate with their catchphrase, "we win, we always win". Always thought it had so much meme potential but I could never find screenshots or clips of the episode so I could never put them to good use.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-06-05-23h27m08s30.jpg (161KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-06-05-23h27m08s30.jpg
161KB, 720x540px
>>94487259
>apparently people wanted to fuck the sister
Who are these sick people?
>>
>>94489633
Furries.
>>
>>94489220
Oh, well throw out the whole statement and OP can just go fuck himself, eh?
>>
File: 1497295694095.png (193KB, 233x432px) Image search: [Google]
1497295694095.png
193KB, 233x432px
>>94489633
Why go for the sister when there was a much better choice?
>>
>Taz: Taz like egg. TAZ LIKE EGG!
>Didgery Dingo: Well I never said ya didn't, buddy!
I don't know why that's what stuck with me. I think it's them having fun with Taz's basic statements
>>
>lots of pop culture references/parodies

It had very little when compared to Anamaniacs and Pinky and the Brain
>>
>>94488377

Taz's UNCLE in the show IS Bob Hope though.
>>
>>94490471

That is a good line.

Too many Francis X. Bushlad episodes though. Bull and Axel are probably in more eps overall, but they're less grating.

Also props to the opening theme song for making several vicious attempts to cause epileptic seizures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d0Ld53Fp0Y
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.