[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what? Fuck this episode. Fuck this gag. Fuck Ryan Ridley

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 24

File: picklerick.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
picklerick.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
You know what? Fuck this episode. Fuck this gag. Fuck Ryan Ridley and Dan Harmon. I've heard the explanation and it's still not funny. The fact that this is a "joke" that NEEDS explanation is bad enough. The Joker in "Mad Love" is right: if you have to explain the joke, there is no joke. But this gag suffers the double wammy of not being funny even after it IS explained. It infuriates me because I know it's a private little thing Ryan Ridley and some of the other writers chuckled about sensibly to themselves. But that doesn't make for a good joke. It's like me trying to make a joke about Baneposting. Is it funny to me? Yes. But that's because it's an inside joke loaded with context that nobody outside my limited circle understands. That's not a good joke for broad consumption. It's not a good joke for TV.
>>
>>94474786
thats a big rant.
>>
>>94474786
It's a very subtle masterpiece.
>>
>>94474786
But you doesn't have to call me Johnson.
>>
>>94474786
I've never watched Rick and Morty. Can you explain the joke to me and why I keep seeing this on most boards?
>>
>>94475095
Pickle
>>
File: avatar_1466393568639.jpg (7KB, 379x236px) Image search: [Google]
7KB, 379x236px
>>94474786
Jesus fuck, did this episode kill your mother?
For what it was, It was a good episode. Lots of creative action scenes, some good jokes, and an overall enjoyable experience. The only thing I personally didn't like was the therapist being one of the only characters thus far to really make Rick look like a dumbass.

You guys just like having something to hate every week and you're grasping for straws, Resorting to blaming the women who run the show when in truth they did a competent job. It's been an alright season thus far. You want to see a show be screwed up by the writers? watch an episode of season 4 of The Boondocks and compare it to the old writing.
>>
>>94475115
Rick
>>
>>94475054
for you
>>
File: autism.jpg (2MB, 2242x2221px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
2MB, 2242x2221px
>>94474786
Go back
Stay there this time
>>
I thought the running joke was the whole "wow you're in a pickle". Ya know, common euphemism for a tough situation. It's punny.

Like dude turns himself into a pickle to get out of the pickle. Gets into slight pickle of being bored, then hot, then wet, then just roaches and rats, then extreme action bullshit, then ends up having to deal with the original issue he was trying to avoid anyway.

Cause pickles. Shit wasn't complicated.
>>
>>94474786
dude you're butthurt over a meme. I bet you spend most of your days posting equally shitty and unfunny memes and you're posting a blog over a gag aimed toward stoners who are already high enough that everythings funny. take a chill pill. you didn't like this episode, move the fuck on.
>>
>>94475095
-Rick: I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE MORTY!
-Morty: why did you turn yourself into a pickle?
-Rick: well duh, because I can

Is kinda like a "roadcrossing chicken"-style ati-joke, I guess.
>>
>>94474786
>being this butthurt over an episode just because it's popular
>>
>>94475216
Reading posts like these I can't tell if they are trolls or if 90% of /co/ is really this stupid.
>>
it's funny because it has no inherent meaning, much like life itself. you see, you have to be of relatively high intellect to understand the joke. read up on nihilism and try to see the hidden texture of the joke run parallel to optimistic philosophy. it'll hit you eventually, it's eye opening.
>>
>>94474786
I don't know what you're talking about. To me this is the point of the joke: Rick is trying to play it off as "haha, I've done a wacky science thing, how eccentric of me" but the family is just annoyed because they know he's only doing it to get out of therapy. That's it. It's not complicated. Maybe there's a layer to it that you know about that I don't, but otherwise it seems like it's your fault if you needed it explained.
>>
>>94474786

> baneposting
> limited circle

Does it really count as a circle jerk if you're by yourself?
>>
>>94475095
The pickle itself represents Ricks struggle as a human, in that situation he is all brain but no brawn. He starts out useless and has to work his way up to fighting off an entire embasy as a pickle. In a way it's a representation of life itself, as a baby we're kinda helpless but by the end of it we're doing incredible things that would seem impossible as just a mere pickle. Shooting up a russian embassy was such an easy task for Rick but not possible for him at the start, similar to how humans age. And at the end of the episode he too questioned his own existence as a pickle.
>>
does anyone have a working download link?
>>
>>94475281
>90% of /co/ is really this stupid.
it's this. you know it's this because there are hardly any valid complaints just reeing that females exist
>>
>>94475335
I think that he didn't even pick up on that much of the joke, I think OP (and other people like him) took Rick's BS at face value. Which seems to be the case with basically everybody who hates R&M. They just take whatever Rick says at face value and don't contextualize it.
>>
>>94475281
whynotboth.jpg

but yeah, social media is rotting people's brains. i agree the gag isn't super funny, but its not so bad it offends me to the point I need to rant about it. we live in a culture filled with entitlement now. if you don't like something you boycott it and if you're too lazy to get a job you make a gofundme. internet is a great tool but also making people retarded. this show would've been popular as hell years ago here. now everyone's pretentious and contrarian because that's the "in" thing on 4chan right now.
>>
>>94475377
No I mean, if that's what you think the joke was, you must have an IQ below 70 or something.
>>
>>94475357
damn this is deep as fuck man.
>>
>>94475390
my IQ is above 70, it's somewhere between 80 and 90
>>
>>94475368
I see lots of people claiming that "it isn't funny" and "has no jokes" and I'm just kinda baffled. What were they expecting? Cheesy one liners like a bad 80s action movie? The entire premise of the episode is pretty damn funny and it seems like everybody hating on it doesn't even get it.
>>
>>94475390
i get that, but my point was the fact you couldn't tell if he was trolling or not is a sign of the times. i've been here for years and i have a hard time now because so many people here sound genuinely passionate about the shit they rant about. he might've been joking or he might be that dumb, and if he was joking the joke is equally as stupid as if he was just stupid.
>>
>>94474786
Actually the whole "you can't explain jokes" mentality is a very western concept. In any other culture you are allowed to explain a joke, and it still can be considered funny.
>>
>>94475095
Rick is known for his crazy and dangerous science experiments. Recently, his family went through some tough times with his daughter getting a divorce and now the family is going to counseling, so to get out of that he turns himself into a pickle then tries to pass it off as another one of his "crazy experiments" thinking he can bluff his way out of it by pretending it's some major breakthrough and not literally the only thing he could come up with to get out of going to family counseling. But Morty sees through his bullshit and they take away the syringe he was gonna use to turn himself human as soon as they left and shenanigans ensue.
>>
>>94475119
>The only thing I personally didn't like was the therapist being one of the only characters thus far to really make Rick look like a dumbass.
Really? I enjoyed it. Rick needs to be brought down every once in a while to remain relatable. If he wins all the time he just becomes a boring douche.
>>
>>94475445
thats dumb as fuck dude.
>>
>>94475421
Oh we get it, we just think it's obnoxious and overly brainy. It tries too hard to be clever and smart. Being clever and smart isn't funny, it's just smarmy and annoying. You ever wonder to yourself why people call this show "autism: the cartoon"? well this is why. It's for insufferable idiots with asperger's that think they're the most intelligent person in the whole fucking world. It's pathetic. Just tell a normal joke like a normal fucking person and stop normalizing this behavior.
>>
>>94475483
>Being this stupid.
>>
>>94475491
>autism: the cartoon
no one calls it that
>>
>>94475491
>overly brainy
How? The premise isn't complicated or deep or anything. It's very straight forward. Again I'm just fucking baffled. If this is what you consider pretentious then what isn't pretentious? Fart jokes?
>>
>>94475518
At least fart jokes have some sincerity behind them, so yes.
>>
>>94475512
if you explain the joke then you mys well be telling me a fact, ruining the whole punchline is just a dumb concept, half the fun is figuring it out for yourself. It took me several minutes to understand the genius of "PickleRick" but once I did I laughed my fucking anus out of socket. It's legitmately the funniest thing I've seen in years, but the reason I enjoyed it at all was because I understood the genius of it to begin with.
>>
hello guys does any of you have the subtitles for the third episode?
>>
>>94475518
>>94475547
This episode even had a fart joke. And poop jokes.
>>
>>94475577
does anyone have the episode link please?

i can't find it fucking anywhere online and all the megas are dead in the other threads
>>
>>94475445
That would explain why western comedy is so much better overall. Fucking gooks have to explain and reexplain all their jokes.
>>
4chan is literally 90% autistic and /co/ is even higher than that. The average anon's opinion on this board is complete garbage 99% of the time.

OP your opinion is literally the most retarded out of all of them.
>>
>>94475547
Good news then: R&M has tons of fart jokes. Jokes about every conceivable bodily function and orifice. But I guess since R&M does them you're going to back pedal and claim they aren't "real" fart jokes or whatever. You didn't even answer my question about how the episode was being "overly brainy" in its execution which leads me to believe you're just full of shit.
>>
>>94475611
https://mega .nz/#!86QxkYSK!tjwgcbzS7EvyN25Akj-HXsdxnRBL21ocSdbsBKMrA8k
>>
>>94474786
Eh. It was okay. The jock wasn't "ha ha i am pickle", it was about doing much more work to get out of simple family activity.
>>
>>94475616
In my home country it is customary to explain the jokes procedurally and then tell it in as story several times until a person understands and laugh. My jokes are very funny where i am from. I can had a large room laughing at my jokes. May might take some time, once time it took me 3 hours to get room laughing at my joke.
>>
>>94475357
this guy gets it
>>
>>94475666
How is that a fucking joke? He's tearing their family a fucking part. And all because of this stupid Pickle joke, he's fucking evil.
>>
If you honestly cant laugh at a good fart joke, you may be autistic. Sorry /co/ but it's the truth, there's no other way you could lack such a core tenet of a good sense of humor.
>>
>>94475692
Turning himself into a pickle to get out of a family obligation? A huge dick move, yes. But evil?
>>
>>94475442
>I've been here for years
>proceeds to be surprised by autistic ranting
>>
>>94475718
only on /co/, where retardation reigns supreme
>>
>>94475692
he was in a pickle lmao
>>
>>94475742
HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT THE JOKE. HAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. RICK AND MORTY DOES IT AGAIN.
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>94475692
>>
File: 13421857915477.jpg (129KB, 670x466px) Image search: [Google]
13421857915477.jpg
129KB, 670x466px
>>94475694
>If you honestly cant laugh at a good fart joke, you may be autistic
Yeah, WE'RE autistic.
>>
>>94475829
he's right though.
>>
>>94474786
Is picklerick going to become the "Where's my pipe" of 2017?
>>
>>94475786
that's just a single layer of the joke. the rabbit hole goes deeper, alice. you're not done yet.
>>
>>94474786
i laughed nearly the entire episode
>>
File: meow hot dogs.png (105KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
meow hot dogs.png
105KB, 250x226px
Rick is such a fucking Gary-Stu now.
>>
I kinda of liked the episode but I didn't laugh once.
>>
>>94475095
It started as people critical of the show holding the previews of this episode as an example of "lolsorandom" humor that makes it "reddit". Then people who like the show got a hold of it, some shitposting mods, there were rumors that one of the creators was doing it to mess with people...a real clusterfuck.
>>
you know what really gets under my skin? when rick is constantly being a dick to his family and whenever someone calls him out or insults him back he tries to deflect it
like s3e2 when morty was getting on him about the 'infinite grandkids' deal he just deflected with 'don't kick me while I'm down'
rick has gone from a funny cool grandpa to a huge asshole who can't hold himself accountable
fuck this show the pilot was too pure for this
>>
File: Wallsareclosingin.jpg (102KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
Wallsareclosingin.jpg
102KB, 640x559px
>>94475692
>>94475820
>>94475957
>>
>It's not that the joke is bad, you just don't "Get it"
>Rick is a very deep and nuanced character
>But that's okay if you don't "get" the deep and nuanced humor
>Of Rick and Morty
>The world needs brainlets to sweep the streets, too.

>The joke is that he turned himself into a pickle.

How many levels of irony are you on, my dude?
>>
>>94475957
What was the original copypasta about, anyway?
>>
Why does /co/ hate rick and morty now? Is it because it's popular now?
>>
>>94474786
It wasn't an abysmal episode, it was just... meh. That's all, meh.
>>
>>94475986
I have to agree, it honestly brings me to family guy and Peter regression as a character. Loveable and somewhat cleverly written protagonist to a complete fucking monster who hates his family/life/existence and only wants to serve himself and his needs.
>>
>>94476013
>now
People have hated Reddit: the show for years.Why is this new to you?

The entire joke, the entire premise, every fucking episode and season is that Rick is an irredeemable asshole.
It's that.
And only that.
Even this joke is about how Rick is an irredeemable asshole.

Here's a better question: When did /co/ think that episode after episode of awful, repeated, recycled gags and punchlines was "Good"?
>>
Threadly reminder that contrarians have been saying Rick and Morty was ruined since about episode 4 of season 1.

But it was a lame episode that honestly didn't have much humor in it besides the promo. Just action and (mediocre) melodrama.
>>
>>94476011
Sneeds feed and seed, I kinda thought it would be funny to meme it with this but I didn't realize that it actually made sense and would be taken serious
>>
>>94476042

maybe if you didn't simplify it like that to make yourself feel better trolling you'd see why.
>>
>>94476042
>Reddit: the show
I POSTED IT AGAIN MOM!!!!!!!!
>>
People need to stop taking this at face value. ITS RICK AND MORTY, obviously the pickle has deeper meaning. As >>94475357 mentions it's clearly a reference of human life. Being retards you probably don't understand everything so I won't explain it but thats the basics of it. Obviously the joke goes over most heads.
>>
>>94476042
you sound like tumblr, holy shit man. where is your edge? we're supposed to be the bad guys and laugh at this stuff, not create a fucking discourse force because the character is irredeemable. that shit is for tumblr. what is wrong with you? have you left your house or something? if so please stop.
>>
>>94475491
>It tries too hard to be clever and smart
If anything, it repeatedly points out that clever and smart people are at least as prone to living dysfunctional and joyless lives as everyone else, if not more.

Rick is the smartest person in the universe, but what has he got besides that? No real connection to anyone, no faith to find comfort in, no desire to do anything except take all possible actions that keep him from facing his own despondence.

If you think this show praises intelligence and tips 24 fedoras per frame, you're really looking at it sideways.
>>
>>94476180
I recommend you check out something genuinely clever so you know what Rick and Morty really is. Family guy, would be a good choice. Literally anything is better than this shit.
>>
>>94476212
Seconding this, Family Guy has leagues better writing than R&M ever did, especially the first two seasons.
>>
oved the episode 9/10
pickle rick didn't let me down
>>
File: fu.gif (2MB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
fu.gif
2MB, 201x251px
>WAAAAH THERE ARE NO JOKES BAD EPISODE
>THIS EPISDODE IS JUST LOLSORANDOM PICKLE RICK
Just use a couple of neurons for a seconds and look past the fucking pickle. The episode is about rick avoiding his family and feeling uncomfortable talking about how he really feels. But character development means nothing to you.
Rick and Morty is a Sitcom, Situational Comedy. It's not a Comedy. The show isn't solely about jokes. Go watch some other shit brainlets.
>>
So far season 3 has been bullshit.

I loved the first two but come on. It's just not funny anymore. The writing doesn't even seem remotely close to what it used to be. This episode was even worse than that shitty Get Schwifty episode and the Mad Max one was only ok.
>>
>>94476361
Fuck you, the character development in this episode was hamfisted and retreading shit that already happened in the last episode. It wasn't serviceable to the plot in anyway, it was just a cheap joke that they turned into a whole episode.

We get it Rick's relationship with Beth is fucked up. We've seen this already and it's been done in a way that's actually humorous.
>>
>>94476361
Guess what. This show wasn't just one scene. It was shit all around, you're supposed to ENTERTAIN your audience. I know, I know it's crazy for you to understand but some people don't watch shows for one scene that itself could be argued as pointless and Rick-Jerking.
>>
>>94475080
Shit. You memed us
>>
>>94475095
The actual joke is that some people thought it was going to be a new meme, but within the context of the episode, its not. The people who feel like they were cheated out of a new meme (a la "Wubba Lubba Dub Dubs" or "I'm Tiny Rick") are mad. The people who were mad that it COULD be a meme are mad, because they were mad for nothing.
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand
>>
>>94476361
>Rick and Morty defense force already telling people "it's not supposed to be funny"

lol it's only season 3 famalam.
>>
>>94476057
/co/ is assblastes by Rick and Morty now, you could do the Navy Seal copy pasta or the "Shit was so cash" one and I guarantee you will bw drowning with (You)s
>>
>>94476933
The show has been as funny as it ever has been. What really attracts people to the show is the story and the interesting concepts. If you watch rick and morty for humor then you're watching it for the wrong reason, for the most part. If you're watching the show for shit like inter dimensional cable then you just gotta fuck off, frankly.
>>
I enjoyed the episode overall. The first half of the Pickle Rick segments combined the "tiny person adventures" and "genius has to Macguyver inventions out of garbage" scenarios, which I liked. I also somewhat enjoyed the therapy scenes.

Personally I felt like the Russian embassy was the weakest part of the episode. It didn't really feel like Rick was struggling anymore and turned more into a murderfest than an adventure. Plus the laser cannon being powered by an AA battery bothered me.
>>
I found myself asking a lot of questions this episode, this is what usually happens when a show turns shit

Why was rick stupid enough to turn himself into a pickle to get out of going to therapy, such a forced way of setting up the premise.
At the point beth was taking the needle rick would usually just admit his plan to avoid being in danger, but he stays silent and a pickle risking his life. Out of character.
Controlling the dead roach made no sense, was it just crippled?
How did he physically build all those contraptions before getting his rat body?
How did he get/make the fucking jetpack in the sewer?
I think rick enjoyed killing those guys to much, rick would usually enjoy overcoming the obstacle not the killing. Only if it was personal would he enjoy the killing
>>
>>94475445
That's because western humour relies heavily on irony and subverting expectations, the essence of our jokes is surprise. Other cultures base their humour off of different reactions.
>>
File: 1501460475616.jpg (149KB, 482x753px) Image search: [Google]
1501460475616.jpg
149KB, 482x753px
>>94475054
U U U U
U
U
U
>>
>>94477070
lol you're the high iq copypasta
>>
>>94477427
He tried to kill himself in the Unity episode, controlling the roaches and the assembly line to his exoskeleton are part of the suspension of disbelief. He does interdimensional travel, fucking turned himself into a pickle and you are bothered by him controlling insect limps by pushing brain areas with his tonge.
>>
>>94477427

1. The choice of turning himself into a pickle was probably off of the top of his head. He just needed a quick and dirty way of getting out of going to therapy, and he probably just saw a pickle and it kind of clicked like "okay, turn myself into a totally helpless object".
2. If Rick came clean he'd have had to go to therapy. Even with Beth taking the syringe, he probably didn't forsee there being any great risk that outweighed him being forced to sit there for an hour listening to a therapist talk down to him, so he was at least content to wait it out or try to come up with a solution with everyone out of the house.
3. Stimulating the brain of something can cause it to twitch and spasm depending on where pressure is placed, even if it's dead, as long as the nerves are still connected where they need to be.
4&5. Using this principle, he was able to put together a body made of several roaches, controlled by a sort of necklace of brains. With at least some sort of body and time to work, it's not unreasonable to assume that he just Ricked his way through making everything he needed to with whatever he could get his hands on. Rick's always been handy at improvising.
6. At first he just wanted to leave, and a lot of it was self-defense. After a point, though, he probably decided he needed get back at them for wasting his time. In case you haven't noticed, Rick's kind of a sociopath.
>>
>>94475119
>The only thing I personally didn't like was the therapist being one of the only characters thus far to really make Rick look like a dumbass.

I found it refreshing. A lot of what she said mirrored Idiot Rick and how he was content and happy.
>>
>>94477948
And the therapist's patients liked eating poop
>>
>>94477931
>controlling the roaches and the assembly line to his exoskeleton are part of the suspension of disbelief. He does interdimensional travel, fucking turned himself into a pickle

I knew some morron would say something like this
Interdimential travel and a machine that turns him into pickle are science fiction. and the suspension of disbelieve is "oh ricks a genious and he invented a gizmo that did it"
but how does he PHYSICALLY do the things he did as a pickle
>>
>>94477149
What was with rick being so athletic in the russian embassy
The more i think about this episode the more i hate it
>>
>>94478229
It was probably a writing necessity. Can't have an action scene between big guys and a little guy unless the little guy is really fast.

Personally I would've rather seen him build more Home Alone-style countermeasures and focus more on misdirection instead of being Ant Man with a laser.
>>
>>94476907
Pickle Rick is just the worst thing for a meme, there's no substance. It's just a pickle. Tiny Rick had some use outside of the show, Wubba lubba dub dub was the perfect one because anyone can use and modify it. Pickle is just a pickle.
>>
I'm legit depressed in the quality of season three. I guess we should have just let a good thing die...
>>
>>94474786
I like the part where Rick was suffering at the beginning. He deserves it.
>>
File: pekoe rick.png (243KB, 371x347px) Image search: [Google]
pekoe rick.png
243KB, 371x347px
>>
File: 1502100247788.png (363KB, 831x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502100247788.png
363KB, 831x720px
>>
>>94474786
>that's like me trying to make a joke about baneposting
Have you been reading Doom Patrol, anon? Bane's coloring corner is amazing and it's literally just a banepost in coloring book form
>>
>>94474786
>it's a bad joke because I wasn't smart enough to get it
kek, literally blaming the show for your own stupidity.
>>
>"you were simply not smart enough to get meme humor, pleb"

People who post this need to fuck off back to whatever shithole they came from. Probably reddit but you never know.
>>
>>94477427
https://www.wireheading.com/roboroach/

https://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/pickles/activity-kosher_dill.html

As to the rest of the tech, people lose/throw away the most amazing shit all the time. In a major metropolitan area with street sweeping service, a lot of that is going to end up in a storm drain.

>>94478229
But you were ok with him tearing into the rats? He's a pickle in a power suit. He's going to be a bit more nimble than your average pickle.
>>
I liked it.

I'm tired of tertiary characters eviscerating Rick's thought process and absolutely nothing changing because making him suck once in a while would defeat the purpose of the character, but the rest of the episode was pretty good.
>>
>>94481569
>making him suck once in a while would defeat the purpose of the character
>a self insert nihilist "I'm smarter than you and all my problems are smart people problems"

I bet you also call all your bullies "Jerry" behind their backs too huh?
>>
mega?
>>
>>94474786
He's in a bit of a pickle. What's there to explain?
>>
>>94475357
>in that situation he is all brain but no brawn.
This part's actually right. It's supposed to tie into the conversation at the end about how Rick simultaneously believes his intelligence makes him all-powerful and helpless, which it physically did in this episode.
>>
>>94474786
>mad about an episode he didn't watch because the show is popular so that makes the show bad
>didn't watch the episode but had the joke explained to him so he didn't get it

OP you are the dumbest shit around.
>>
>>94478229
He's a supergenius inside of a pickle with super rat strength, quit being such an overanalyzing autismo and just enjoy the content.
>>
>>94477070
No. it attracts people because it's funny. then it makes people stay because of the story and the interesting concepts. it has to be funny first.
>>
>>94474786
wasn't a point in season 3 episode 1 that it's hard to contain all of rick's genius in the bug brains, yet somehow now all of it fits on a pickle. wtf
>>
>>94483042
he turned himself into a pickle. he did not transfers into a pickle.
>>
I liked the episode more than the last one, thought it was very entertaining and enjoyed the action scenes. I was really dreading all the reddit-tier pickle memery but it turned out to be a fairly enjoyable little b-plot adventure for Rick to have. My big complaint is that the episode wasn't funny enough. Their were a couple solid jokes that I chuckled at, but this show seems to be forgetting that the humor is really the main draw of the show. I don't mind inserting drama and darkness in now and then, but never let the drama (which is honestly pretty shallow anyway) overtake the comedy. The first season was consistently hilarious throughout.
>>
File: dill-pickle.jpg (89KB, 480x263px) Image search: [Google]
dill-pickle.jpg
89KB, 480x263px
>>94474786
PICKLE RICKING IN THE HOUUUSE TONIGHT
>>
>ITT: people who took the bait
>>
>>94474786
You're an angry little autist, aren't you?
>>
>>94477948
I wouldn't mind so much if the therapist wasn't the writer's obvious female self-insert.
>>
>>94477427
>I think rick enjoyed killing those guys to much, rick would usually enjoy overcoming the obstacle not the killing.
they were robots, I mean bureaucrats
>>
>>94483775
prove it faggot
>>
File: RIKK.png (29KB, 578x430px) Image search: [Google]
RIKK.png
29KB, 578x430px
Rick, the only connection between your unquestionable intelligence and the sickness destroying your family is that everyone in your family, you included, use intelligence to justify sickness. You seem to alternate between viewing your own mind as an unstoppable force and as an inescapable curse. And I think it’s because the only truly unapproachable concept for you is that it’s your mind within your control.

You chose to come here, you chose to talk, to belittle my vocation, just as you chose to become a pickle. You are the master of your universe, and yet you are dripping with rat blood and feces, your enormous mind literally vegetating by your own hand. I have no doubt that you would be bored senseless by therapy, the same way I’m bored when I brush my teeth and wipe my ass. Because the thing about repairing, maintaining and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people… well, some people would rather die.

Each of us gets to choose.
>>
>>94475491
They literally had a joke about eating poop. This show's not trying to be that smart.
>>
>>94483775
that's silly, the therapist was hardly a character at all, she's just there to facilitate the plot.
>>
>>94475611
There are like 5 fucking uploads of it on YouTube you spaz
>>
>>94475119
It made plenty of sense in my opinion. Rick is one of the most intelligent beings in the multiverse but has the psychological maturity of a 13 year old.

It would be hard for someone to make him look like a dumbass by outsmarting him, but an average psychologist would be enough to outmaneuver him in a field he knows next to nothing about.
>>
>>94475491
The entire point of the show is that smart people can be prone to the same acts of dumbassery, dipshittery and failure than everybody else, what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>94475678
no wonder non-western countries are third world, they have to take 3 hours to tell a fucking joke
>>
>>94474786
They knew people would get mad about a fucking pickle.

Which is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>94475095
I figured the home was in his name. Pickle Rick = P. Rick = Prick, which he is.
>>
It wasn't an anit-joke though? It was a clear example of the depths Rick will go to in order to avoid very simple and easily dealt with emotional problems.
>>
>>94475119
she didn't really make him look like a dumbass- she just said that he was too smart for therapy, and that it would probably lead to his death.
>>
>>94486285
she made him look like an emotional child who thinks he's too good for the upkeep every other adult has to go through
>>
>>94486306

he is an emotional (man) child that thinks he's too good for the upkeep every adult has to go through?

Like, that's a major part of his character, and he expresses it constantly?
>>
>>94486306
>she made him look like an emotional child

but he IS an emotional child.
>>
>>94475095
Sneed's Pickle Emporium
>>
>>94486345
well yeah, what i meant was she held the mirror up to his face
>>94486319
yes im glad we can agree anon
>>
>>94485224
>look look even the whizkids can be brought down to my garbage level!
This show appeals to the worst losers and stoners
>>
PICKLE RICK IS IN DA HOUSE TONIIIIIGHT
>>
File: Pickelo Rick.gif (13KB, 329x302px) Image search: [Google]
Pickelo Rick.gif
13KB, 329x302px
POST RARE PICKLE RICKS
>>
File: 1493662005535.png (111KB, 400x454px) Image search: [Google]
1493662005535.png
111KB, 400x454px
>>94475692
Anon it isn't healthy to self insert as Jerry that hard.
>>
File: pickles.png (535KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pickles.png
535KB, 900x900px
>>94486556
Fresh OC

I'M PICKELS RIIIIICK.
>>
>>94474786
Looks like a copy pasta because this has nothing to do with the episode
>>
File: AvgPickleRickShill.png (591KB, 900x668px) Image search: [Google]
AvgPickleRickShill.png
591KB, 900x668px
>>94486556
>>
>>94475491
>>Just tell a normal joke like a normal fucking person and stop normalizing this behavior.

/co/ stop being pathetic, his masterstroke is fully transparant right here. Its like bait is the natural food source here
>>
File: no.gif (2MB, 287x216px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
2MB, 287x216px
Every time I try to hitch back onto a board like this one in a while, it always turns out into this
>Big fuss over a thing done recently somewhere in something
>YOU HATE IT BECAUSE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE LIKE IT
>only autistic people X the Y

If OP and the rest of his army don't like how Season 3 is turning out, then instead of complaining and whining, hold a global protest to not watch.... any next Rick and Morty episode? In order to trick the Nielsen viewing count?

It will probably fail, but at least you are doing something over than yelling in a damn corner.
>>
>>94486989
Well, if you stopped by on your leisure hours instead of just when you're getting paid to shill stupid shit you might find the board is pretty chill.
>>
This is the stupidest shit I've seen in quite a long time.
>>
>>94476042
>People have hated Reddit: the show for years.Why is this new to you?
That's ironic. Because during the first season it was called "4chan: the show".
>>
>>94487068
>the board is pretty chill
says the board that constantly has threads despises modern cartoons for "leftist propaganda!!!!1"
says the board that constantly yells at modern animation at no ends for being "flat, flat, FLAT"

and how is that... "chill"?
>>
>>94476159
does everything you know about 4chan come from reddit and tumblr?
also it doesn't matter if a character is evil or not but the same joke that rick is an asshole gets old after 3 seasons
>>
>>94487225
Congratulations, you just learned the secret to becoming acceptable on /co/! Hate all your way to the top!
>>
>>94481569
Rick actually got shitted on by the therapist.
He just didn't display any facial expressions or physical signs as a result of it.

First; don't assume the storytelling model is deterministic. It's based off of soft sciences, such as sociology and psychology. So in this case assume the model is probabilistic. (Ironically, assuming human decision making to be deterministic would be nihilistic.)

So don't expect a simple cause and effect relationship, in which the therapist says something of significant value to Rick (the cause), he responds with a big expressive face, a long monologue denoting what he has learned and how it will change his future behavior, and a dramatic turn in character afterwards (the effect). Instead, assume that when all factors are considered, especially including Rick's ego, Rick's reaction would be minor, and intended to save face. Then add the fact that the theme of the latest episodes were denial, avoidance, and unhealthy ways of accepting the negative changes in their reality. Even less reason for Rick to fully accept -- and more so express the acceptance of -- what was told to him. Most variables point to no reaction, and no acceptance from Rick.

Yet, he does react. His behavior does change. He tells the truth. He's straightforward about it. He apologizes. He doesn't aggressively attack the therapist afterwards. And even during his delivery of his anti-therapist speech, he's not fully into it.

This was a unique moment for Rick. There was just no confetti or streamers on screen with an explanation of how he was feeling at the moment; because these shows are meant to express, stir, and emulate feelings that are already known by people -- not teach them to them.
>>
>>94487366
>becoming acceptable on /co/
>Becoming acceptable on an anonymous imageboard
>Where you are yourself anonymous
I fucking hate how people keep trying to fit into board culture or whatever the fuck despite being anonymous, that whole attitude is so fucking cancerous and alien to the concept of an anonymous imageboard in the first place. Who gives a shit what people thing about you on a God damned anonymous motherfucking imageboard
>>
>>94474786
so sensitive, anon. Do you need counseling?
>>
All I know is this episode was fucking fun, and funny. "No thanks. I'm coming for YOU now." I fucking died at the look on that asshole's face.
>>
fuck, just watched the episode and man did it suck.

i don't need 20 minutes of cartoon pickle violence, goddamn.
>>
>>94475216
>roadcrossing chicken"-style ati-joke
Uhh, the chicken crossing the road is actually a deeper joke than you think.
>to get to the other side
>chicken gets hit by a car, dies
>goes to the other side (heaven)
That's the joke. You're just too stupid to get it.
>>
File: virgin cartoon.jpg (91KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
virgin cartoon.jpg
91KB, 1024x538px
>>94475516
yeah, i call it reddit the cartoon
>>
>>94486989
>In order to trick the Nielsen viewing count
hello, mr retard. thats not how it works
>>
>>94475692
He isn't evil, just Chaotic Neutral taken to it's logical extreme.
>>
>>94475678
you are mistaking "jokes" with charisma. If you can make a room laugh in three hours, you are not relying on a single pun/ subversion / "joke" but rather you are fasciliating the mood of the room into a jovial and cheerful athmosphere. When that is the case, you are telling funny stories that escalate, you are brewing a storm, not cracking a whip.
>>
>>94477570
>Other cultures base their humour off of different reactions.
>name me 3 cultures that do and explain please.
>>
>>94490131
Holy shit guys, look out, the 13 year old just got out of philosophy class.
Tell us more about things that are deeper than we realize.
>>
>>94475461
>>94475335
This

The OMG PICKLE RICK XDDDD forced meme is weird to me, and I don't get why it's a thing, unless it's anti-fans shitposting to annoy everyone else.
>>
>>94489413
I think by acceptable Anon means "being able to make a post/thread that gets replies"
>>
>>94491648
It's exactly what you said. /tv/'s buttflustered so they're spamming it on every board to start bandwagon hate on a show they don't watch.
>>
>>94475891
uh, i don't get this reference.
>>
>>94476042
back when you were shitposting on some other board, famalam
>>
>>94475095
the joke is "LE RANDOM RICK PICKLE LEL"
>>
>>94491960
But the majority of them do watch it and actively enjoy the show. It's literally juvenile shitposting to fit in and "trigger the normies" or "trigger the SJWs" or whatever.
>>
>>94474786
>>94475095
>>94475115
>>94475216
>>94475461
>>94485868
the joke is he has to go through a lot of over the top bullshit because he's "in a pickle"
>>
>>94492263
shit was that the joke. I think it was just showing the lengths rick will go through to avoid therapy.
>>
>>94492263
You wish that female writers were subtle enough to come up with that. They aren't. But now they're going to pretend that they are.
>>
>>94492362
whats all this female writer stuff people keep talking about

HAT
>>
>>94478105
he had eyes, a tongue and mouth - elements seldom found on a fucking pickle - and used them effectively for roach control.
>>
>>94492345
>>94492362
you guys are trying to read into the show way too deep, but if you want to be "deep" about it. It is sort of like a metaphor which is what they discuss during the therapy session. He doesn't have problems or consequences with responsibilities because he's too smart for them, so he has to make his own. The therapist was able to diffuse him because no one but you can be blamed if you're the only one who can check yourself. It's a trait Beth admires, but it's not a good trait and mixed in with her abandonment issues from the previous season.

Parallel that with Jaguar, who would go to any lengths for his daughter. At the end Rick kind of just goes maybe I shouldn't avoid connecting to Beth, and you can hear how eager she is to.

It's not necessarily funny, but it's not bad writing.
>>
>>94484321
yeah, she's litarally asking rick directly whether he wants to live or die. and the ending is rick just deflecting the question.
>>
>>94492476
They decided to take in a bunch of women with no experience instead of people based on merit, literally to "diverisify the staff." And it shows. You can check the credits too.
>>
>>94492476
Basically because they made it publicly known that they hired some female writers, people have found their bogeyman to blame on not liking the show, even though those same people already didn't like it.
>>
>>94475973
the therapist spent about a minute reminding him how full of shit he is and he didnt even have a witty retort
>>
>>94495809
>Rick jobs to #girlpower #feminism
Great ep!
>>
>>94492544
You're wrong, everything must be funny all the time, that's why ren and stimpy is the best cartoon ever made
>>
The joke is 75% of you stupid mother fuckers didn't even watch the show, you're just here to shitpost about memes.
>>
>>94475368
Steven Universe is popular here.

100% of /co/ is stupid.
>>
File: snickeringtestsisters.jpg (38KB, 397x436px) Image search: [Google]
snickeringtestsisters.jpg
38KB, 397x436px
>>94491448
>cracking a whip.
Ah, so this is what /co/ calls comedy.
>>
File: original pickle donut steel.png (26KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
original pickle donut steel.png
26KB, 819x460px
>>94486556
i made an oc i hope you enjoy
>>
File: Rare PePe.png (71KB, 170x149px) Image search: [Google]
Rare PePe.png
71KB, 170x149px
>>94474786
>/co/ constantly shits on Rick and Morty
>there's seven threads up all bitching about the last episode

You faggots are just fueling the fire with your intense hate-boner for this shit. Just stop giving it attention if you hate it so much, fucking christ, get your shit together. Put it all in a bag or something, I don't care, just get your shit together.
>>
>>94475161
I miss those days of /co/. The autism was at an all time high.
>>
life is so much better when i dont come to /co/
>>
>>94476038
That's the entire fucking point
>>
>>94495987
So it would be fine if it were a male therapist saying the same speech word for word? You're just looking for an excuse to complain
>>
>>94474786
Who the fuck shat in your vagina faggot?
>>
You all don't even realise that memes is exactly what they want.
>>
>>94486556

daily dose
>>
Pickle Rick was a great episode.
>>
>>94496818
You're cofusing cause and effect. I was stating the cause (feminism) and you're only worried about the effect (the bad scene). If it was a man writing it, it would just be another Jake Goldman incident.
>>
>>94475678
That sounds retarded.
>>
>>94497253
>Implying having someone knock Rick down a peg is inherently feminism
How dumb are you son?
>>
>>94476240
This is simply untrue and I really hope you're not serious.
>>
>>94497253
Yes feminism is the fault of someone finally telling Rick what he needs to hear in front of his family and stupid desperate daughter.
>>
Law of comic continuity: The likelihood that a comedy with continuity becomes a humorless drama increases exponentially with the number of episodes released.
>>
>>94497645
I think it's just the flavor of the new writers honestly
Ryan Ridley wrote 5 and 7 so I bet those will feel a bit more familiar
>>
>>94474786
Character delivery can make stupid shit funnier, anon. And when the stupid shit is already funny, then you're all good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTWdP5DMdsM
>>
>>94497645
Rick turning into a pickle and killing a bunch of rats is not what I'd call humorless drama.
>>
>>94474786
actually i think a lot of haters are upset because before the intro rick makes a reference to 9/11 being an inside job. this could upset fascists
>>
>>94498433
what doesn't?
>>
>>94474786

>>94498230
>>94498409
>>
File: paul.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
paul.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>94490147
Finally someone gets it
>>
>>94475095
>Can you explain the joke to me and why I keep seeing this on most boards?
There isn't one. It was a tease for a punchline that didn't happen.
>>
>>94490147
Frittata!
>>
>>94492476
the newest episode brought to you buy one of the writers from the annoying orange show. yeah that one. explains a lot
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2005299/
>>
>>94492802
>>94492805
>know a female that recently got her "dream job" working at nickelodeon
>wanted to congratulate her
>she was probably hired just to diversify, the show is on a later season, its semi-well known
>i knew her as a child and her drawings were shit and the good ones were mostly stolen
it's because she went to school tho getting your degree actually helps non-white folks
>>
>>94498949
>getting your degree actually helps non-white folks
I think I found out why she was hired anon
>>
>>94498949
Your friend is black, isn't she?
>>
Is there an "I really, really like this Pickle Rick." yet?
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.