[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /co/'s opinion on BvS? I figure if anyone can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 20

File: bvs.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
What's /co/'s opinion on BvS?

I figure if anyone can decide whether it's good or not, it's you guys.
>>
Hm, no responses yet. I'll start with my own opinion then.

For starters, its use of the leitmotif of perception versus reality plays into literally everything happening, up to and including the revelation at the end that Clark was looking at the world through a filter of his own, doing what we all do - focusing on the polarized extremes and missing the whole truth.

For another, it takes the three principles of the film, and uses them to craft an allegorical tale stressing the importance of communication across cultural divides and the perils of succumbing to xenophobia, paranoia, and a biased media.

Lastly, it uses the characters of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman to represent different eras of myth in both pop culture and antiquity.

In essence, this film takes what Miller did with DKR, swaps the roles around a bit, and ties them more firmly to the modern geopolitical climate, all while doing honor to the history of comics as a medium in general, and the history of the DC characters in particular.
>>
It was ok
>>
It's shit
>>
>>94472308
Well, it only made $105 million in net profit, making it a heavy disappointment and actually less profitable than literally-who capeshit films like Redditpool and Memians of the Galaxy.
>>
best capeshit film
>>
Go to bed, /tv/. This joke got stale months ago.
>>
>>94473015
It may not have been AS profitable as they wanted it to be, but the fact remains that it turned a pretty nice profit despite scathing critical reviews (sigh). I can't imagine they're all that displeased, and it's certainly not going to stop them from making more DCEU films.
>>
>>94472959
The leitmotif of perception vs reality even plays into the audience, such as how people who defend it invent things that aren't actually present in the movie itself.
>>
>>94472308
I liked it. It's certainly flawed - Snyder always directs his actors to be stiff and cold, the plot isn't explained enough, you need to have read lots of DC comics in order to understand stuff like Robin being killed by the Joker, the action isn't always clear cut.

But it also portrayed a run down Batman and a frightened Superman, and a Wonder Woman who took her job seriously instead of using her to make jokes about sexism. BvS did something very different, in that it brought its heroes low and then made them take a hard look at themselves and their screw ups. I liked that a lot.
>>
I went into it with high expectations. I really liked the beginning scene with Bruce. I actually liked most of the scenes with Bruce. I didn't care much for the rest, and frankly I thought the Doomsday fight was awful.
>>
>>94473110
Yeah, that's why I'm having to explain it to you, right?

Furthermore, if you claim any familiarity at all with comics and are completely unaware of the allegorical messages in stories like DKR, I'll be half the night explaining it to you through a rising chorus of "HEADCANON." The point where you join them is really the only thing that's uncertain.

If you're really interested in understanding this movie, actually do some research into the comics lore. Understand what it's been used for in the past and it will better prepare you to understand how it's being used in BvS.

It's like "The Tree of Life" for comic book fans.
>>
>>94473092
>It may not have been AS profitable as they wanted it to be, but the fact remains that it turned a pretty nice profit
No, it was pretty much a disaster. Their proto-Avengers film with the two biggest superheroes ever (plus Lex Luthor and Wonder Woman, they're just missing Joker to complete every draw) made them less money than Wonder Woman's solo. By a lot. It made less money than either of the previous two Batman films. It made them less money than Chris Pratt and a talking raccoon.
>>
>>94473110
Bravo Snyder.
>>
It wasn't bad, just very badly edited and tried to cram way too much stuff in. Oh, and they killed Superman on its second appearance.
>>
>>94472959
You see, in an objective sense, I can appreciate the movie because of the ideas it's trying to present. It's going a bit deeper than Superman-as-Christ or whatever.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that so many characters sound and act borderline autistic. It lacks a lot of humanity, and tries to take quick shortcuts to get to basic character arc turns. This is why the Martha line gets so much cringe, or the Clark/Lois bathtub scene, or Bruce getting that phone call from an employee.

It's like they want to create a Greek myth here, but they don't understand that even the Greeks didn't want fully stoic characters.
>>
>>94473253
Only because of the critical reception. Notice that GotG is actually quite well received.

Listen, I think Wonder Woman should show you that DC knows what they're doing.
>>
>>94473250
I'm pretty sure comic fans didn't want a Tree of Life.

All the allegory, references, and deep symbolism in the world can't make a shitty movie into a good one.
>>
The titular fight could've been avoided by Clark immediately saying that Lex kidnapped his mom. Or simply flying up in the air with Batman under his arm. Or if he just ripped off the armor immediately rather than lightly tossing Batman around like a moron (without enough strength to break his armor but with enough strength to potentially break his neck if he lands wrong).
>>
>>94473327
>I think Wonder Woman should show you that DC knows what they're doing.
"Only because of the critical reception. Notice that Wonder Woman is actually quite well received"

Also, Snyder is the culprit not DC.
>>
>>94473323
Check this out. Here's a handful of predictions I can make off all that "terribly-written" dialogue, that "un-relatable" reconciliation, and those "obvious" advertisements:

Lex is not only working with the government, he's the heart of the A.R.G.U.S. project, the government department that Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad report to. He had a deal with them to be the public face of the "Justice League," provided he could come up with a way to eliminate Bruce Wayne and give them Superman on a leash.

Bruce is probably going to have a flashback where he sees and hears Clark say "My mother" instead of "Martha," Clark's likely to comment at some point that he thought Bruce was either a mind-reader or had discovered his mother's name.

Clark's either coming back controlled or having to confront an imposter masquerading as him. I'm betting on the former, with him fighting off the possession/mind control with the help of Lois and the ghost of Pa Kent.
>>
>>94472308
If you liked it, you're fine. If you didn't like it, also fine. If you call it a masterpiece, you're either memeing or legitimately fucking retarded.
>>
>>94473250
Please explain to me what Lex Luthor's plan was.
>>
I'm already convinced that Godzilla vs. Kong will do it better.
>>
>>94473376
So basically, it doesn't really matter whether BvS failed or succeeded. It changes nothing.

What matters is, did you think it was a good movie or not?
>>
>>94473391
Kidnap Superman's mom, convince people (and hopefully Batman) that he's evuul, and hope Supes would chimp out and Batman came to kill him.
Once they made up he went full damage control and made Doomsday.

I mean it wasn't hard just badly done.
>>
>>94473438
What are you rambling about nigger?

I merely used your shitty excuse as to why Guardians of the Galaxy was more successful than BvS and applied to Wonder Woman to showcase how stupid it was.
>>
>>94473435
>turns out ghidorah was behind everything
>mothra shows up at the final battle against mechagodzilla
>"she with you?"
>>
>>94473507
Yeah, and I ignored that because it was a non sequitur. Did you like BvS or not? Stay on topic.
>>
>>94473547
This post made me laugh pretty hard, good job.

Let's hope they follow it up with an empowering Mothra solo film.
>>
>>94473547
>>94473585
>Mothra gets a popular electric violin theme
>>
>>94473337
>Tree of Life
>shitty
Uh, what?
>>
>>94473327
WW has been the only good once so far. Justice League will help decide whether WW was indicative of an upward trend or just a one-off.
>>
>>94472308

KINO.
>>
Id probably be more forgiving if Luthor wasnt horribly miscast
>>
>>94473554
Holy shit, nigger, so you just don't continue conversations unless they agree with your point? Because pointing out fallacies in your statement is a completely valid reply doesn't matter if that's the main topic of the conversation. I'm not even the anon you were replying to btw.
And I already stated my opinion before, so you can scroll up and read it if you're that interested, Mr. Autismo.
>>
>>94473668
>Justice League will help decide whether WW was indicative of an upward trend or just a one-off
And everything depends on Joss Whedon's last minute reshoots.
I'd be lying if I said I'm not interested on what it'll turn out to be.
>>
>>94473739
>Holy shit, nigger, so you just don't continue conversations unless they agree with your point?
Yes. No point wasting time on someone who can't be convinced of the merits of my argument.
>>
>>94473250
I don't know who you think you're responding to but I understood the movie perfectly well.

anyway, I liked the visuals, they were the best part of the movie. Snyder has a thing for making long shots look like paintings, I love that shit.
>>
I'm tired of this thread.
I'm tired of this forced meme.
I'd rather go back to baneposting at least that was funny.
>>
>>94473668
The Dark Knight was also extremely good.
>>
>>94473815
>I don't know who you think you're responding to but I understood the movie perfectly well.
If you didn't love it 100% then you didn't understand it. That's the meme.
>>
>>94473862
>Baneposting
>on /co/
The fuck? You realize that only happens on /tv/, right?
>>
Superman is a wet blanket
Lois is an idiot
Batman is an idiot
Wonder Woman barely has a role
Lex is an idiot
Perry was the only good character

3/10 Shit film.
>>
>>94473794
Well, that's because your "argument" was garbage. It's fucking stupid to dismiss Guardians' success over BvS just because it "was well received" and then proceeding to glorify Wonder Woman as DC's true potential when both were sleeper hits no one saw coming while BvS was a complete mess that failed to live up to the hype.
>>
>>94473886
I meant in the DCEU. DC has obviously had good movies before MoS.
>>
>>94473886
TDK is not part of the DCEU.
>>
>>94473993
Except Guardians of the Galaxy wasn't even released in the same year as BvS. And I liked GotG.
>>
>>94474020
>>94474021
How can you be so certain?

I: Batman Begins
II: The Dark Knight
III: The Dark Knight Rises
IV: Man of Steel
V: Batman V Superman

The V instead of VS is because it is the fifth in the series.

FACT: Nolan still has a hand in these films.
FACT: Ben Affleck Batman is an older JGL Batman, with a changed actor due to contract issues.
>>
>>94474025
Good for you, champ.
>>
>>94474133
Stop replying to me.
>>
>>94474160
You first.
>>
File: 1389363074862.jpg (39KB, 915x960px) Image search: [Google]
1389363074862.jpg
39KB, 915x960px
>>94474090
The mental gymnastics on this dude are impressive.
>>
>>94474090
>anon's mom posting with us
>>
>>94474090
The Joker in TGK is completely different from the one in SS. Even if you use the multiple Jokers excuse, Nolan's Batman never had a Robin for the Joker to kill. The character named Robin was taking up the Batman title.
>>
>>94474244
Happened off screen. Jared Leto Joker is clearly Tim Drake.
>>
>>94474174
No.
>>
>>94474383
A shame.
>>
>>94474401
You seemed an honest man.
>>
>>94474333
BUT HEY
>>
>>94473110

Same goes for the haters.
>>
>>94474427
You didn't.
>>
>>94474456
*interrupts your reference* Blah blah blah blah blah. All that CHIT CHAT's gonna getcha HURT.
>>
>>94474503
And all the fears you hold so dear will turn to whisper in your ear.
>>
MOTHERFUCKING PEACH TEA
>>
>>94474554
Doubt so.
>>
>>94473323
>or the Clark/Lois bathtub scene

WTF is wrong with the bathtub scene?
>>
>>94474585
And you know what they say might hurt you. And you know that it means so much.
>>
>>94474704
I don't think so.
>>
>>94474751
And you don't even feel a thing.
>>
>>94474778
Nope.
>>
>>94473391
>Make Batman and Superman fight
>It doesn't matter who wins, Lex either gets Superman killed or Superman bends the knee and becomes his slave, proving he's mightier than God

People don't seem to get he's got multiple plates spinning at the same time that all share the same overall goal.
>>
>>94474793
I am falling.
I am fading.
I have lost it all.
>>
>>94472308
Awful
>>
>>94474957
How sad.
>>
>>94472959
>leitmotif of perception versus reality plays into literally everything happening.

The word you are looking for is theme anon. Leitmotif means something totally different. I assume you are trolling with this thread, but there are legitimately people out there that try to sound like this so it is hard to tell.
>>
>>94472308
The theatrical version is absolute dog shit. If the director's cut was put in theaters it would have been received way better.

However, that still wouldn't have fixed Jesse Eisenberg's performance which is horrific.
>>
>>94475009
And you don't seem the lying kind.
>>
>>94475284
You do.
>>
>>94475321
A shame that I can read your mind.
>>
>>94475353
A shame indeed.
>>
>>94472308

TOO MUCH FILLER

No reason for any of the JL intro's. Had nothing to do with the actual movie. As the movie is there was no need for Wonder Woman either, but with a stronger script she could have been interwoven into the story better.

The Lois Lane/black immigrant stuff was where the script was fucked from the foundation? We spend all this time with Lois Lane (Yes, I understand they had to give Amy Adams something to do) but we, the audience, already knows that Lex is behind everything. PLUS, when we finally get to the reveal scene, the scene where Lois has found out the truth and goes to the senate to expose Lex, or at the very least tell Superman about Lex, the immigrant reveals the information anyway and Holly Hunter's character finds out it's Lex doing everything anyway.

You essentially have two separate subplots building toward the same mid-movie climax and it's something the audience already knows. Everything about the Africa stuff was just a huge waste of screentime.
>>
>>94472308
I love the movie.
>>
>>94475805
the point of the JL stuff was to make Bruce feel even more abandoned, thats why in his letter to WW he asks "where were you?"
>>
>>94475878
>the point of the JL stuff was to make Bruce feel even more abandoned, thats why in his letter to WW he asks "where were you?"

Cut it out and nothing is lost. Bruce looking at the costume of his dead Robin gets the point across just fine. Sometimes less is more.
>>
>>94473547
Kong says Mothra to Godzilla, and Godzilla goes full autist.
>>
>>94475805
>Everything about the Africa stuff was just a huge waste of screentime.

(same anon)

To expand on this. DC and Snyder basically tried to make a movie about a mystery villain in a Superman movie with Lex Luthor in it. We know who the bad guy is already, that isn't going to work. Any screen time committed to the African immigrant or Lois's detective skills was a waste.
>>
>>94475805
>Everything about the Africa stuff was just a huge waste of screentime

No it wasn't, it builds up the idea how intricate and long term Lex's plan is.
>>
>>94475369
Okay, seriously, just fuck off.
>>
>>94473914
for you
>>
>>94476026
>No it wasn't, it builds up the idea how intricate and long term Lex's plan is.

He has a bunch of his men kill a bunch of people with his bullets and then set them on fire. People for some reason think Superman showed up and shot a bunch of people and then Lex buys some kryptonite.

Yeah, how incredibly intricate.
>>
>>94476048
Chill out.
>>
File: Bane With Limes.png (329KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
Bane With Limes.png
329KB, 600x334px
>>94476050
>>
>>94476048
Somebody get this hothead out of here.
>>
>>94476104
>People for some reason think Superman showed up and shot a bunch of people and then Lex buys some kryptonite.

No, the idea is he came in, wrecked everything to save Lois Lane, and in the process destabilized the entire region when he also deposed the local warlord because the power vacuum put the surrounding areas into chaos.
>>
>>94476117
>>94476157
I don't know which one of you is which so I'm just going to reply to both.
>>
>>94476239
>>94476239
See >>94476157
>>94476157
>>
>>94476239
Sup autismo?
>>
File: mothra.jpg (183KB, 716x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mothra.jpg
183KB, 716x1200px
>>94476014
>>
>>94473435
And you know why? Because both Godzilla and Kong had their own movies instead of just dumping Kong right into the shit.

Side note, it would actually be pretty cool if Kong didn't have any particular powers and just used gadgets and his superior intelligence to give him the upper hand over Godzilla.
>>
>>94476304
lmao
>>
>>94476168
>No, the idea is he came in, wrecked everything to save Lois Lane, and in the process destabilized the entire region when he also deposed the local warlord because the power vacuum put the surrounding areas into chaos.

But all of that gets glossed over in favor of a "who was behind it" subplot which the audience already knows the answer to.

A subplot which was answered in the most ridiculous way, "Oh, Lex makes his own one-of-a-kind bullets which he also gives to his terrorist cell so that we can easily trace it back to him when the plot deems it necessary for Lois to find out.

She literally goes to black man (I don't remember his name) and asks him to look into it and he says now. Then we have another scene where he says yes. Then YET ANOTHER scene were he reveals he bullet belonged to Lex.

The whole subplot is just Lois Lane waiting for other people to do her detective work for her while simultaneously wasting my time.
>>
>>94476312
That's exactly what the whole bit with the chain got me thinking.
>>
>>94472308
A masterpiece of film making that truly understands the core of each character. Beautiful and inspiring.
>>
>>94476312
>Kong didn't have any particular powers and just used gadgets and his superior intelligence to give him the upper hand over Godzilla.

Godzilla is still a towering lizard, but Kong is just a normal gorilla... with prep-time.
>>
It's extremely good, great even, but different from the material it's based on in a way that'll probably rub comic people the wrong way.

It's the closest the genre has come to genuine introspection and artistic ambition, it's ambition that doesn't pay off entirely because of some hopelessly clunky writing and awkward franchise building and a climax that gives in to action movie clichés that it only really whakes off when it gets to it's genuinely emotionally resonant section about the death of Superman but it still stands miles above the average superhero movie.
>>
>>94473391
>Lex Luthor's plan
This is how you know that the haters are retarded. They can't even tell that Lex had multiple plans throughout and think he had only one plan, since they can't fathom having a villain with more than one. Let me guess, you didn't get the "Martha" scene either?
>>
>>94476435
>Let me guess, you didn't get the "Martha" scene either?

Dude, just because people think it's hamfisted doesn't mean we don't get it.

The simple fact is why would Superman randomly tell Batman to "save Martha"? He would say, "save my mom". It was just dumb.
>>
>>94476435
I don't think the haters even read comics since Lex is shown having multiple plans in the comics all the time. He's brilliant and easily one of my favorite comic book villains, up there with Doctor Doom, Bane, and Kingpin.
>>
>>94476435
>They can't even tell that Lex had multiple plans throughout and think he had only one plan, since they can't fathom having a villain with more than one.

Honestly, this boils down to casting for me. I don't have a hard time with Lex Luthor having plans upon plans upon plans. I have a hard time with Jesse Eisenberg having plans upon plans upon plans. He looks like such a trust fund piece of shit idiot that I picture him pretending to be smart rather than actually being smart.

If it had been a different actor my brain wouldn't have kept screaming, "The facebook kid could not pull this off at all."
>>
>>94476605
No joke, they should have cast Idris Elba as Lex. Lex was black in the cartoons so I think it would have worked well.
>>
>>94476352
>But all of that gets glossed over

No it's not. The whole point of it all is to show how widespread and meticulous Luthor's plan to destroy Superman is. It's incredibly complex and huge in scope, all which ties together to turn the public opinion against Superman. He's manipulating shit on a global scale to create the idea that Superman is a menace who only making things worse.

It also makes it entirely believable Luthor knows the secret identities of everyone in the Justice League, hence making him manipulating both Clark and Bruce through their civilian identities plausible instead of an asspull.

>The whole subplot is just Lois Lane waiting for other people to do her detective work for her

Don't be a retard. She's the one who does all the detective work, i.e. tracking down resources and then forcing them to give her information. A huge part of that includes asking people who know shit to spill the beans, which is what the black guy, who is a government official btw, does when he says this is off the record and admits the bullets are from Lexcorp but they won't do shit against Lex since Luthor's got bunch of super classified government contracts and any investigation would make the US government look bad, i.e. Luthor is clever enough to use the government to shield his own shady dealings.
>>
>>94476509
>He would say, "save my mom".

No he wouldn't because Batman wouldn't give a shit since it's clear as day that Batman's pov of Superman is that he's an alien being with no connection to the human race. Saying a human name will get a response, saying mom would at best just make Batman quip about meeting her in hell before he stabs him.
>>
>>94476648
>No it's not. The whole point of it all is to show how widespread and meticulous Luthor's plan to destroy Superman is. It's incredibly complex and huge in scope, all which ties together to turn the public opinion against Superman. He's manipulating shit on a global scale to create the idea that Superman is a menace who only making things worse.

And they needed an hour to get this across?

>It also makes it entirely believable Luthor knows the secret identities of everyone in the Justice League, hence making him manipulating both Clark and Bruce through their civilian identities plausible instead of an asspull.

The one part of his plan that the audience wanted to see and they just say, "oh, he knows, just move past it."

>Don't be a retard. She's the one who does all the detective work, i.e. tracking down resources and then forcing them to give her information. A huge part of that includes asking people who know shit to spill the beans, which is what the black guy, who is a government official btw, does when he says this is off the record and admits the bullets are from Lexcorp but they won't do shit against Lex since Luthor's got bunch of super classified government contracts and any investigation would make the US government look bad, i.e. Luthor is clever enough to use the government to shield his own shady dealings.

Lazy writing 101

"Oh, we already knew this, but we can't do anything about it cuz reason."

And once again we, the audience, already know this information. Why waste screentime on something that the audience already knows?
>>
>>94476703

SUPERMAN: Save my mother, please.

BATMAN: Your mother? There's others?

SUPERMAN: No. My human mother.

There. Fixed.
>>
>>94472308

The main problem with the movie stems from the story itself. DC and Snyder needed to make a movie where Lex Luthor manipulates events to cause Batman and Superman to fight.

That does not need to be a three-hour extravaganza. It should have been a very lean 2 hour movie and definitely shouldn't have been used to try and propel a goddamn shared universe.
>>
>>94476758
>BATMAN: Your mother? I'll kill her too.

And then Superman dies.
>>
>>94476846

You're missing the point. My version doesn't include hamfisted dialogue. I can do what you did with the dialogue from the movie.

SUPERMAN: Save Martha.

BATMAN: I couldn't.

Superman dies.
>>
File: 1466598835230.jpg (20KB, 552x376px) Image search: [Google]
1466598835230.jpg
20KB, 552x376px
I loved everything about it. Well Aquamans scene was really clunky, like he didn't look really comfortable underwater and then he just stares blankly at the camera for a moment and blows his trident. Lex casting was a mistake too but otherwise a solid 37/10.
>>
>>94477005

See, the idea behind that scene is Batman realizing that the situation they're in is similar to that of the murder of his parents. He's threatening Superman with a weapon, Superman is begging him to save his mother just like "Martha" were his fathers last words and suddenly he realizes what he's become.

There's even a flashback to his parents murder so that literally everyone can understand what they're going for. Call it contrived if you want but it's not illogical.
>>
>>94476278
>>94476302
Stop.
>>
>>94477005
Except mentioning his mother's name actually triggers Batman and throws him off his balance which then makes him demand to know why Superman mentioned that name. Saying mother won't, since to Batman Superman's mother is just another alien being he doesn't have to give a shit about. Context is everything.
>>
>>94477113
Never.
>>
>>94477123
>>94477146
SAME PERSON! SAME PERSON!
>>
File: 20170807_022159.png (50KB, 1080x326px) Image search: [Google]
20170807_022159.png
50KB, 1080x326px
>>94477153
Cry harder.
>>
>>94477184
>>>/tv/86017915
SAME PERSON!
>>
>>94472308
Seen it in theater and felt it was missing a lot of stuff, this was before the news broke that they cut a lot of stuff out

Watched the directors cut and thought it was really good, I still like MOS more though
>>
File: Screenshot_20170807-022658.jpg (94KB, 1075x313px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170807-022658.jpg
94KB, 1075x313px
>>94477228
Wew lad. I've never been on /tv/ maybe you shouldn't be shitposting in /co/
>>
>>94477272
Dude, you don't get crossboard yous. You need to take a screencap from inside the /tv/ thread to prove it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170807-023325.jpg (248KB, 1080x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170807-023325.jpg
248KB, 1080x1049px
>>94477335
Is this good?
>>
>>94477359
Yeah, thanks.
>>
>>94477370
No problem anon.
>>
Suicide Squad didn't flop. It was quite successful actually.
>>
>>94472959
Jesus fucking christ. You Snyderfags are so fucking sad.
>>
>>94476168
You idiot, that was the fanboys' made up bullshit explanation, the extended cut shows the black lady literally meant Superman came down and killed people, hence the burned corpses, they were supposed to look like victims of his lasers

The Africa situation is the perfect example of both the movie's problems and how the fans require headcanons to make anything about it look good
>>
>>94477979
>deep and thoughtful post
>Your response: "Ugghhh people who think are sad"
>>
>>94472308
Some day there will be a movie where the Lex from BvS teams up with the Joker from SS. Joker will be the straight man in that duo. And that's terrible.
>>
>>94478378
>And that's terrible.
Wow, sweet reference, dude.
>>
>>94478116
>deep and thoughtful post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The fact that you unironically think this just makes you even sadder.
>>
Why did Superman go ask Batman for help instead of just rescuing Martha himself? Instead of trying to reason with a psycho dressed like a bat, he could have been sweeping both cities with x-ray vision at super speed.
>>
>>94478799
Pa traumatized him and now he can't process the idea of efficiently using his powers to save a parent
>>
I honestly didn't like it, and regretted seeing it. I grew up with batman the animated series, the tim burton batman films, and the nolan batman films, and expected a good batman. But I didn't get that. I grew up with the original superman movies, at least the ones that were good, and the superman animated series as well. But I didn't get that. Neither showed what I liked about the characters, and painted them nothing like I was used to seeing them.

Then, I saw suicide squad and was baffled. It was a movie about villains as the heroes, which meant it had lots of potential. They could have done anything with it. Instead, it played out like a generic super hero film.

But Wonder Woman was great. I enjoyed just about everything in the entire movie. Characters had development. I actually could care about some of the soldiers. It basically did everything right for me. It gave me enough hope to give DC a second chance and actually go see Justice League when it comes out.
>>
>>94478799

So he could have tried to find her, literally a needle in a haystack in one of two large cities all while he's on a time limit or he could have just gone to where Batman was literally waiting for him. Kf course that Batman just happened to be able to locate her because Alfred was tracking the russian mercenary was awfully convenient but... you know, details.
>>
>>94473914
What is /co/ these days if not a /tv/ spillover board.
>>
>>94472308
shit, batman beating up the thugs were the only good part.
>>
The fact that anyone who defends this has to rely on the 'extended edition', is enough in itself to tell you the movie wasn't good
>>
>>94478799
>Why did Superman go ask Batman for help instead of just rescuing Martha himself?

Because Luthor said Ma was going to die if Superman does anything but fly in a straight line to Batman.
>>
>>94479085

I enjoyed the theatrical cut. The ultimate edition simply makes a good movie even a better one.
>>
>>94478865
I really think Suicide Squad was a victim of poor editing more than anything. The film had mostly enjoyable scenes but they were often haphazardly stitched together in a way that made it feel like they were leaving stuff out. While I'm generally forgiving there were some plot points that just didn't make sense, and they didn't make sense because nothing was said to acknowledge the weirdness of what was going on. I can forgive or rationalize a lot of the stuff that people criticize, but the thing that chiefly bothers me is that the problem the Suicide Squad had to face only arose because of the formation of the Suicide Squad. The way the movie presented it, they let Enchantress run off unmonitored, had no idea what she did, and in all their wisdom proceeded to trust her with a fucking bomb. It bothers me as much as the thing in the first Ghost Rider movie where he accidentally drips blood on the contract. And the thing is I can imagine a simple way to fix it without significant changes to the movie, by simply showing Waller as a master schemer who knew Enchantress wasn't fully within their control and intended to use her to prove the value of the Suicide Squad. It wouldn't have been the best fix, but I could have bought it, and it would have been better than what we got. Instead, what we have is a case of governmental incompetence where they use the Suicide Squad to sweep a problem they created under the rug, and without even a scene where they show remorse for their mistake. The whole time it felt like there must have been missing scenes that showed the thought process that went into their actions.

I keep hearing the Suicide Squad novelization is based on Ayer's original script, before WB edited it down. So I have that on my Kindle ready to read at some point. I don't know if it will address my issue, but if it does anything to improve the film I am definitely going to start citing it in future discussions to show what SS could have been.
>>
>>94479132
Luthor's lucky Clark is a gullible retard then, because he had nothing to monitor whether he even met Batman at all
>>
>>94479152
I agree, but it should be said that >>94479085's logic is fucking stupid. Look at this:

http://www.slashfilm.com/warner-bros-reportedly-wants-to-avoid-working-with-auteur-directors-who-want-final-cut/

WB is a shitty company that has no problem cutting and rearranging a film so that it no longer fits the director's original vision. There is nothing wrong with encouraging people to watch a superior version of the film.

Every single Snyder film thus far has been significantly improved by the director's cut, to the extent that, and let me cite another article for this, people apologize for hating on the film in the first place:
http://www.screengeek.net/2016/07/01/internet-apologizes-to-zack-snyder-over-batman-v-superman/

So what does that tell you?
>>
>>94479207

Superman's exactly the type of guy to gamble on an innocent life, right?
>>
>>94479207
How do you know that? He could easily, and quite, likely have drones record everything so he can fap to the footage of Supes getting beaten up.
>>
>>94479229
That second click bait article about a handful of tweets proves what, exactly? The director's cut is still terrible, it only adds more fat to an already too busy movie, adds subplots we don't need that come and go out of nowhere (a subplot about lead in the bomb chair when neither BvS or MoS even tried to establish that limit in Clark's vision, really? After we already knew who was behind it all?). The only thing I'd call a slight improvement is giving Supes more screentine, the movie's problems are too fundamental to be able to fix it with mere editing, and while WB might be a bunch of idiots Snyder clearly has problems telling stories in a reasonable runtime

>>94479289
Because if the movie doesn't tell me it happened then it didn't happen
>>
>>94479329
>Because if the movie doesn't tell me it happened then it didn't happen
Literally CinemaSins tier idiocy.
>>
>>94479329
And what exactly is wrong with a film being long? It's called worldbuilding. A film's runtime should only be limited by its budget.
>>
>>94479925
It's a problem when it's long because of bloated plotlines and not because of substantial material

Again, how much stuff do we need to show that Lex is a "smart" bad guy? Bruce talking about his parents is worldbuilding, the kryptonian ship mentioning Doomsday is worldbuilding, but only a handful of minutes are dedicated to those, while Lex's boring (because we knew about his conspiracy the second he walked on screen) machinations and Lois uncovering them only for herself and the audience steal way more screentime
>>
>>94472308
DC finally found something they beat Marvel at

no one's ever gonna call Howard the Duck the worst comic book movie ever made now
>>
>>94480022
You probably thought this was clever, but there are so many comic book movies worse than Batman vs. Superman. Elektra? Catwoman? Green Lantern? Captain America (1990)? Literally any Fantastic Four movie? There were so many bad comic book movies before these cinematic universes came along.
>>
File: HAHA shiba.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HAHA shiba.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
>>94472959
>leitmotif of perception versus reality plays into literally everything happening
>>
>>94480075
Nice argument quiplord, when's your next dance-off?
>>
>>94479925
>And what exactly is wrong with a film being long? It's called worldbuilding.
What's amazing about this is that if I say I wish they'd spent more time letting Superman do random acts of kindness and be charming instead of shunting all that into a montage, I get accused of wanting filler.
>>
>>94472308
Terrible. A mess from beginning to end.
>>
>>94473110
Fucking savage.

B R A V O SNYDER.
>>
>>94472959
>leitmotif

Do you even know what that word means, anon?
>>
>>94480022

DC themselves released a comic book movie that was considerably worse than BvS literally in the same year.
>>
>>94474651
love isn't real so it's unrealistic
>>
>>94480214
It's the thing Toby Fox uses obsessively in Undertale.
>>
>>94474651
Weird ass shit.
>>
Holy shit Constantine was based on a DC comic, are you serious?
>>
>>94472308

I understand the issues, I get some of the hate, but honestly, it's an experience I love. If you haven't watched it yet, go for the directors cut (longer, but has alot of important shit that connects alot of dots)

The only issue I have with it is Lois. I'm gonna chalk it up to having to pick between however many takes they had. There's no need for Amy Adams to be that weak. Other than that, it's great.
>>
File: You and me.jpg (246KB, 890x497px) Image search: [Google]
You and me.jpg
246KB, 890x497px
>>94472308
>>
>>94480262
>filename
Thanks, I'm going to edit it with that.
>>
File: jimmy.jpg (13KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy.jpg
13KB, 600x344px
It was shit, just hope Flashpoint can fix all the shit that it was.
>>
Even though I literally started to fall asleep when Doomsday appeared, I just can't hate a film that people can offer up decent reasons for liking. I can say it's not my thing, but I can respect that they have their reasons for enjoying it.

Hell, Jumper is one of the worst films I've ever seen, but I created a thread to shit on it and people managed to explain why they liked it. So I let them have their opinions.
>>
Even if it's as intelligent as many people pretend it was, it is a thematic failure and, like Man of Steel, has no sense of how to vary tone to garner an emotional response from the audience. The Dark Knight ruined this film universe as D.C. wanted grimdark profits and Avengers money but couldn't even get people to like Superman. He's kinda hot.
>>
Made me stop going to theaters whatch DCEU movies.

Considering that the next one was SS...it was a great decision.
>>
>>94480311
>He's kinda hot.
Are you kidding? He is insanely fucking hot. I mainly go for women but something about Cavill just captivates me. He has the features of a Greek bust or something. It is the most perfect casting I have ever seen.
>>
>>94480345
Yeah, but Wonder Woman is going to renew your faith. Probably not in time to make you see Justice League in theaters, but you'll be back for Aquaman.
>>
>>94480388
After the casting choice for wonder woman, i personally passed.
>>
>>94480398
You'll see it for free once the Blu-ray rip is out, though.
>>
>>94480406
nah, not worth it. i'll just browse /co/, pick up on the worst bits, and then repaste them whenever there's a discussion on the movie.
>>
You know what really bothers me about BvS? That random-ass subtitle. Dawn of Justice. It's the only film in the entire DCEU so far that has a subtitle, and it's probably going to be that way for a while. Worse yet, it uses the word Justice, so you've got Dawn of Justice and Justice League. Bothers me when they can't even come up with a different word so they reuse the same word.
>>
>>94480427
Please don't do that.
>>
>>94480451
It's okay. I don't mind.
>>
>>94480388

While I'm happy that WW is doing so well, I fucking can't understand the insane level of praise for it. It's such an average of a movie with very little actual substance and style to it. It just makes me think people praise it just because it's got color and it's "fun" because there are jokes. Since that's all a superhero is allowed to be now.
>>
File: huh.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
143KB, 600x600px
>>94472995
>>94473004
>>
>>94480406
Just to be clear, I'm this guy >>94480345
Not >>94480427

I will just pirate the movies from now on, at least me and my brother could laughter at how bad SS was.
>>
>>94480512
I'm pretty sure it's mainly because it's the first female superhero movie in like ten years.
>>
File: 1496400918431.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496400918431.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>94480345
>>94480398
You definitely made the right choice >>94480388 >>94480406
is either retarded or full of shit

>>94480451
Retarded it is
>>
>>94480555
Trips confirm

It's really just ghostbusters all over again
>>
>>94480571
Damn, look at all those (you)s you gave out. Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>94480585
Except Ghostbusters wasn't successful, so that's not quite it. The key is that it's a SUPERHERO movie. Ghostbusters is just a bunch of women with vacuums, which you can see in any house with a man in it.
>>
>>94480571
Goodness gracious, she's just so ugly.
And that entire scene?
Just awful.
I can't believe people were paid with money to make that.
>>
>>94480617
I really don't think a soundless camrip is enough to pass judgment on a film. It's like listening to a MIDI and trying to claim you heard the real song.
>>
>>94480637
>>
>>94480637
You're right it's so much worse

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jfcBBqnd9LY
>>
File: 6f5.jpg (18KB, 427x365px) Image search: [Google]
6f5.jpg
18KB, 427x365px
>>94480665
>Trying to use /v/ arguments to attack a movie that was actually better than most super-hero flicks (including both old and current Marvel and DC films, because yes, you can admit that the super heroic genre had its ups and downs)
>Actually trying to defend a shitty webcam video as an argument against any movie.
>Actually wanting company wars.

Good god, was the recent episode of R&M so upsetting to you /v/fags that you went out of your shithole again?
>>
File: Continuing to shit on my plate.jpg (212KB, 2382x458px) Image search: [Google]
Continuing to shit on my plate.jpg
212KB, 2382x458px
>>94480721
>when you actually watched the movie.
>>
File: projection.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
projection.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>94480721
>>
File: 1481944772010.png (27KB, 482x447px) Image search: [Google]
1481944772010.png
27KB, 482x447px
>94480795
>94480756
You know you're proving my point by only using reaction images and not explaining why the movie actually sucked, right?

Is this the state of company war faggots?
Hell, does it matter if it seems like at the end of the day you'll end up shitposting again about a fucking movie?
>>
>>94480827
lol Did you actually take the time to write out the post numbers? Fucking newfags
>>
>94480873
>doesn't get a (You)
>tries again
>>
>>94480891
>equates yous to upvotes
Oh sweet summer child.
>>
>>94472308
it is one of the best films in 2016. Those topics, the pacing, ultimate edtion is perfect.
>>
>>94472308
But seriously folks, it's shit.
>>
>>94472959
Take your clickbait-y bad taste back to /tv/ you fuck
>>
I didn't like the "our moms have the same names so we're best buddies now"
>>
>>94472308
It's amazing. Unlike Spider-man Homecoming.
>>
>>94481005
>Marvelcuck confirmed.
>>
>>94480433
Not hard to understand, it's literally the beginning of Justice League.
>>
>>94472308
>I figure if anyone can decide whether it's good or not, it's you guys.
Well, you'd be sorely mistaken, OP.
>>
>>94476509
Now, see, I would have been okay with him saying "Save Martha." What he actually said was "You're letting him kill Martha," which is a fucking weird thing to say.
>>
>>94476630
Lex wasn't black, he was Greek, damn it. His lips were big but he had the same skin color as other white characters.
>>
>>94472308
I just watched this on netflix last night. It's shit in a completely objective way.

Jesse Eisenberg was terrible as Luthor. No one could entertain seriously the idea that he was a master manipulator or planner. Which is a problem since the entire plot hinged on him being a brilliant villain instead of an autistic retard.

Jimmy Olsen is, in fact, not a photographer. He is a CIA operative. He has no connection to Lois or Supes and exists only to be shot in the head.

Americans give a fuck about dead brown people halfway across the world.

The central conflict of the movie seems hamfisted. With so much screen time devoted to setting it up they still failed to make the lead up believable.

WW actually stands for Why are you in this movie Woman? Same with all the other leaguers.

Mixing Luthor and kryptonian DNA does indeed do things. None of them lead to Doomsday.

This movie was trying to do too much, and it's disparate elements did not mesh well.
>>
>>94484482
Would you believe I've argued with fans that said Olsen as CIA was "a fun nod" and that it's a positive thing that Supes didn't save him, because that would be a political act?
>>
>>94472308
It was a good movie. But the edgelords who shit on it, are obviously Marvelcucks & SJW's. Hell the movie critics alone are filled with SJW's.
>>
>>94484610
>I will shot Jimmy Olsen in the head, while Batman goes u a killing spree
>lol, the others are so edgelords!
>S-SJWs too, even if it is the opposite of that!
>>
>>94472308
/co/ still hasn't gotten past Man of Steel yet my dude, Snyder builds these to last
>>
>>94484830
>Offended by the darkness in BvS.
>Probably enjoyed Batman Returns.
>Even though that movie was just as dark.
t.hypocrite

Also...
>Implying Marvelcucks/SJW's aren't being edgelords
>Edgelords are always edgy, especially when it comes to hating DC.
>Also a lot of SJW's look like goths/emos with the way they color their hair. Obviously edgy.
Checkmate
>>
>>94472308
its the best example of why objectivi is self contradictory, and how zach snyder isnt as smart as he thinks he is. also how people will pretend anything is good as long as the joke is funny to them (and only them)
>>
>>94472959
Nice try Snyderfag. I grade English papers and I knock down students for trying to attempt this garbage.

>"Lol I'm going to use words I think are big and string a bunch of them together to create a sentence that boils down to a basic thought. The TA will be too stupid or lazy to analyze my work."
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>94472308
Generally good, but the bad parts (the bottle of piss, the whole ''Martha scene'') were cringeworthy. The problem the movie had was that it's easy to see what it's trying to be, but it was too ambitious and couldn't pull it off.

TL;DR Zack Snyder needs more than 3 hours to make a competent movie.
>>
File: SNYDERfailure.png (151KB, 291x398px) Image search: [Google]
SNYDERfailure.png
151KB, 291x398px
>>94484995
>I will strawman you and them say that I am right because of this
>literaly calling another person a hypicrite over an argument that you created in your head
>you only need to find Snyder shit to be considered an "edgelord"
>SJWs paint their hair, this mean that they are goths

WTF Am I reading?
>>
Jimmy Olsen was my favorite character in the movie.

It's really underappreciated how after he appears, we start seeing Parademons and Darkseid. That's so cool. It's like how Jimmy Olsen's comic started the Fourth World stuff. So badass.
>>
There were some good things about the movie but unfortunately, nothing that makes up for the Martha scene

>Wow it appears your "mother" has the same name as mine, all of a sudden I feel like forgetting about all the fucking trouble I went through to get in peak human shape (by doing crossfit of course), acquire Kryptonite by murdering a lot of people and causing a lot of material damage and build an extremely expensive and complex battle suit because I used to see you as an extremely dangerous threat to humanity if you were ever manipulated or went insane but now it's all good so I'll drop everything in a split second to go save your mom (hey after all, it's just a convenient excuse to go kill even more people) and tell her we're friends,even tho I tried to kill you not even a half hour ago and meeting you has perhaps changed my way of seeing things and maybe I'll stop brutally murdering so many people (but only human beings, there's nothing wrong with killing parademons even tho they're sentient beings) in the next movie

I mean even the silliest golden age comics are not that retarded
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.