[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman Rumoured For FLASHPOINT; Robert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: Mera BTFO.jpg (311KB, 1199x1578px) Image search: [Google]
Mera BTFO.jpg
311KB, 1199x1578px
twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/893532538941169664

Mera BTFO
>>
While I don't care for Flashpoint and the DCEU probably won't adapt the story that well, Zemeckis is a great choice for the film
>>
>Zemeckis doing capeshit
Mite be good
>Flashpoint
Never mind
>>
>>94462850
Flashpoint is trash, only edgy kids like it
>>
Do you just like reposting the same shit on both /co/ and /tv/ for the (you)s?

Pick a place and fucking stay there.
>>
>>94462850
and in 2019 it'll be
>Jason Momoa's Aquaman Rumored For FLASHPOINT; Still No Director Attached

not that it matters no one's gonna care about DC after 2018

>>94463326
/co/ is /tv/ now
>>
>>94462850
Why would Zemeckis want to do capeshit? Especially adapting something like Flashpoint?
>>
File: jdm-boss-logic-full-187380.jpg (107KB, 600x823px) Image search: [Google]
jdm-boss-logic-full-187380.jpg
107KB, 600x823px
I just want Bat Daddy and Mama Joker.

Also Reverse Flash there to kick Barry while he's down.

Also Pirate Deathstroke.
>>
>>94462850
I don't think Zemeckis would want to touch this.
>>
>>94463443
>/co/ is /tv/ now
You can thank the mods for that. I'm sure you came from /r/the_donald to /pol/ to /tv/ to /co/, it's amazing to see their complacency in the death of this shithole of the website
>>
>>94462850
I don't know how you pull of Flashpoint in just 2 hours(2.5 tops).
>>
>>94462850
>just made a tidy profit on solo film that was popular because its hero was straightforwardly heroic and didn't go through any forced angst
>let's take that hero and show her as a child murdering psychopath
That's a great idea, Warner Bros. I'm sure that won't bite you in the ass or anything.

I hope this is just a rumor, cause if this is real, everyone in WB's marketing department needs to be fired.
>>
>Flashpoint
I still hate this is going to be Flash's first movie, fucking causal tier overrated story arc
>Wonder Woman rumored to be in it
How is this news? No fucking shit. Whats dumb is another hero vs hero setup
>>
I wonder if they'll flip it and kill Arthur instead.
>>
>>94463679
>>94464194
A lot of directors have already turned them down and Zemeckis didn't dismiss the outright, so they're hellbent on getting him on board. A seasoned and popular director with time travel fantasy cred could do wonders for the movie's spotty reputation.
>>
>>94464452
>A lot of directors have already turned them down
That was before they decided to do Flashpoint though.
>>
They are gonna tone down the edge lord shit, right? Like, they'll change it to where the Themyscira/Atlantis war has a legitimate reason to be happening, and Diana and Arthur aren't going to be psychotic assholes... R-right?

But seriously, this reeks of a potential PR disaster, considering why the Wondy movie did so well, and why audiences reacted well to Aquaman in the JL trailer. Nothing but Konami levels of incompetence would let an accurate adaptation of Flashpoint happen.
>>
>>94464452
It's funny considering that Flashpoint's plot is essentially the same as Back to the Future 2.
>>
>>94464420
It's news because people hoped/expected it would be a more contained and personal version of Flashpoint, not "You'll care about anyone but Flash: the motion picture"

But the actor teasing Bat-Thomas and Joker-Martha should've been a redflag
>>
>>94462850

>Zemeckis doing Flashpoint
>Zemeckis did BttF

time travel kino is back on the menu boys!!!!
>>
>>94464635
Can you stop shilling like they're permanently changing Wonder Woman? It's an alternate timeline, basically Back to the Future 2 with DC characters.
>>
File: IMG_5090.png (245KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5090.png
245KB, 450x349px
>>94463758
>Negan batman
>>
>>94464420
I'm more confused than anything else, Flashpoint is this EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT, NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME kind of thing but the DCEU is still so young, they're blowing their load so early. Then again this is the company that decided Death of Superman was a good arc to adapt in Supes' second fucking film.
>>
>>94464487
Nope. It's been Flashpoint since Rick Famuyiwa dropped out and Joby Harold performed a Johns-sanctioned page one rewrite.
>>
File: qk0n6ze6jfoy.png (3MB, 1841x2081px) Image search: [Google]
qk0n6ze6jfoy.png
3MB, 1841x2081px
>>94464635
>Nothing but Konami levels of incompetence would let an accurate adaptation of Flashpoint happen.
>>
>>94464980
Its being done because A: Barry is still new at this so him fucking up the timeline makes sense, B: Flashpoint has the same casual recognition as Civil War, and C: they're using it to soft reboot the DCEU and retcon the shit that didnt work. There is no "blowing their load" when it comes to Flashpoint, because Flashpoint wasn't good enough to build up in the first place
>>
>>94464987
Famiyuwa was the last director to drop out though. He wanted the movie to be some BLM social justice crap, which is why he left.
>>
>>94464980
By the time this comes out it will be their like 8th or 9th movie. Not much different than the MCU doing AoU or Civil War at around the same time.
>>
>>94465099
>C: they're using it to soft reboot the DCEU and retcon the shit that didnt work.

there are casuals on this board who actually believe WB would do a unnecessary soft-reboot to alienate the viewers, even if the movies are still makin mad dosh and the homeflopping disaster.
>>
>>94465156
I agree with you, but homeflopping? You're no better than them
>>
>>94465156
I dont think you know what the term casual means anon
>>
>>94465156
They aren't going to reboot anything(maybe Affleck, making Batman younger somehow), but they will retcon some stuff.
>>
>>94462850
Nobody cares about the failed dcue anon
>>
>>94465133
I forget there's so much that's still a long ways away that we're still getting regular updates on. Like this film doesn't even have a release date window yet but we're hearing more about it than GLC.
>>
>>94465197
>but they will retcon some stuff.

for what purpose... just move along, people dont give a shit about past movies and continuity
>>
>>94465133
Except Marvel is actually good at what they do
>>
>>94465239
When it comes to DC they seem to. No one will shut the fuck up about MoS still.
>>
>>94465239
At most, I see them recasting Luthor or tweak Joker
>>
>>94465233
They said it's coming out in 2020. Before then we're getting Aquaman, Wonder Woman 2, Batgirl, Batman(maybe), Justice League and Shazam. Maybe even more.
>>
Flash is going to get overshadowed in his own Flashpoint movie. It is going to be such a mess. Wonder Woman, Mera, Thomas Wayne Batman, Martha Joker and skinny Superman all have to be crammed in there.
>>
>>94465245
Making forgettable movies? I agree.
>>
>>94465111
>He wanted the movie to be some BLM social justice crap

That's wrong.
>>
>>94465260
Yeah but that's the thing, they quietly move the dirt under the rug, they don't go full retcon. People didn't like MoS' death toll? Just have Batman and reporters sau some silly lines about how civvies evaporated from the city in BvS. People didn't like that Diana walked away from humanity for a century? Just avoid mentioning it in WW
>>
File: Rogues.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Rogues.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Its stupid stuff like this that makes we wish for The Rogues instead
>>
>>94465260
not the whole planet visits /co/ and /tv/, you know

non of the stuff that people mostly complained about previous DCEU movies can be retconned with a flashpoint movie
>>
>>94465111
>Famiyuwa was the last director to drop out though

WB approached Sam Raimi, Marc Webb and Matthew Vaughn about Flashpoint and all of them turned it down.
>>
>>94465292
>martha joker

Oh how I hope she follows the same trainwreck of Leto's design. What will she have tattooed on her forehead? DEAD SON?
>>
>>94465292
Yep. I personally think casual movie-going fans are just going to go "wtf".
>>
>>94465327
Yeah but the thing is, the entire fallout of Flashpoint was that the restored universe/timeline wasnt exactly the same as the old one. So minor changes to the DCEU continuity are to be expected
>>
>>94463211
Agreed. That would be as good and sensible as choice as Joe Johnston doing The First Avenger.
>>
>>94464297
Who does the /co/ colony of /tv/ end up invading? /a/ or /mlp/ seem to be the obvious targets.
>>
>>94463235
You don't think Zemeckis would be qualified to direct a movie where time travel shenanigans change reality?
>>
>>94465292
Don't forget Captain America Cyborg and Pirate Captain Deathstroke.
>>
>>94465281

MoS2 wont happen, no need to recast Luthor if they can easily not use him in future movies.

No one is demanding a retcon to fix MCUs Mandarin.
>>
>>94464635
>Like, they'll change it to where the Themyscira/Atlantis war has a legitimate reason to be happening
To be honest they could've just made it a religious war. Athena and Poseidon do NOT get along and those are the patron gods of Themyscira and Atlantis respectively.
>>
>>94465332
I swear all the Rogues need is one good adaptation to get some popularity behind them, I'm so tired of yet another evil speedster/time travel-centric plots in Flash adaptations.
>>
>>94465412
>no need to recast Luthor if they can easily not use him in future movies.
Well he's in Justice League.
>>
>>94465397
Manganiello got dropped from "The Batman" and souds slightly butthurt about it. So don't expect Slade.
>>
>>94465412
Casuals (and most comic fans if we're being honest) dont give a fuck about The Mandarin so theres no need to backpedal. Luthor and Joker on the other hand, are household names and well known brands. So its not that far fetched if WB wanted to slightly alter so things about them considering they werent well received
>>
>>94465412
>No one is demanding a retcon to fix MCUs Mandarin

Well there is that one short that they can always fall back on for changes to the Mandarin, but I don't expect him to be used again in any form.
>>
>>94465451
Well, the more they use him now... the less they need him in the future. Or do you really want Luthor in half of the DCEU movies?
>>
I hope this ends up being like Civil War, where the adaptation isn't much like the comic book aside from the broad strokes.

Not that this still isn't an inappropriate time to do Flashpoint in the first place though. Save that shit for at least the sequel or the third movie.
>>
>>94465469
They should use him in the Nightwing movie then. Deathstroke is miles better than whatever villain they were thinking of using for it anyway.
>>
>>94465292
If it's good enough for Superman it's good enough for Flash.
>>
>>94464452
>A seasoned and popular director with time travel fantasy cred could do wonders for the movie's spotty reputation
I don't think Zemeckis is particularly popular. He's got some great credits to his name, but most of them are over 20 years old, and even then people in general couldn't tell you who directed Forrest Gump.

Plus, "he's proven himself at time travel" is like saying that George Lucas would be a good choice for GotG because he's proven himself at sci-fi. Back to the Future III came out nearly 30 years ago ... is there any indication he still has it?

He hasn't made a noteworthy movie since Cast Away.
>>
File: 1439081596756.jpg (37KB, 640x290px) Image search: [Google]
1439081596756.jpg
37KB, 640x290px
>>94462850
>"So it seems like Wonder Woman's a hit. People like the fact that she acts like an actual hero instead of an edgy fag"
>"Hey, let's put her in Flashpoint and turn her into a psychopathic murderous tyrant!"
>"Bitchin! Let's do it"

I get that Flashpoint is necessary in order to reboot this trainwreck of a cinematic universe, but ruining WW's public perception in the process is the worst way to go about it.
>>
>>94465524
>Patty Jenkins hasn't made a noteworthy movie since Monster (2003)

your point?
>>
>>94465524
Flight was pretty great.
>>
>>94465524
I think anon's kinda right, as in marketing wise they will most likely use his Back to the future cred, make a meme out of it basically, and kids will retweet all them clickbaits going "DID U KNOW FLASHPOINT'S DIRECTOR INVENTED TIMETRAVEL IN MOVIES???" even though they probably never saw BttF
>>
>>94465525
You've posted this three times in this thread already. Why do you keep shilling that they're permanently changing Wonder Woman's character with this movie?
>>
>>94465617
She didn't make any movie period
>>
>>94465668
Not that anon, why the heck do you keep using the word shilling?
>>
File: Doc.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Doc.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>94465638
>"Listen Barry, in order to get back to your time, you need to run precisely at 88x faster than the speed of light, get struck by that same lightning bolt that connected you to the speed force, and make sure Thawne stabs your mother while shes having sex with your father at the school dance!"
>>
>>94462850
So if I'm going to guess, Flashpoint is a way to ditch the three previous DC movies before Wonder Woman and start fresh?
>>
>>94465702
Board culture has rotted his brain.
>>
>>94465743
Nah. It's just normie bait and an excuse to turn the troubled Flash movie into a stealth Justice League flick.
>>
>>94465750
more like he cannot admit that despite all the butthurt on his favorite tumblr blog DC movies are doing just as well as their MCU counterparts.
>>
>>94465617
My point is that using BttF to prove his noteworthiness is retarded, considering it was 30 years ago. Plus, it's a stretch to say he's popular to the general public.

He could still do a great job, but BttF isn't necessarily indicative of that.
>>
>>94465332
Yeah, I'm honestly not sure why DC's unwilling or incapable of doing them well in other media.
>>
>>94465702
because he's a shill
>>
>>94465812
Anon, i don't know what you're rambling about but the word "shilling" has nothing to do with "posting criticism". Take your pills
>>
>>94465837
Because most cant hold a movie on their own, doing 5 villains at once is intimidating for directors, and "thieves with a code" is harder than generic villains who die by the 3rd act
>>
>>94462850
Just give me more Mera.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.