[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/. Are any of you old enough to remember the time we streamed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1461359590032.gif (886KB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
1461359590032.gif
886KB, 480x364px
Hey /co/. Are any of you old enough to remember the time we streamed the EEnE movie together right after it came out?

The whole board was so happy back then. What changed?
>>
Tumblr witchunting and /pol/.
>>
Tumblr came and never left. Which prompted /pol/ to come to.
>>
>>94457623
>>94457836
This. The cancer is here too stay.
>>
>>94457467
The Great Cancer Migration of 2009.
>>
>>94457467
This site changes with the times and I don't think there's anything stopping that anymore.
>>
>>94457467
I want to fuck Jimmy's prissy little boyhole.
>>
>>94457467
>nothing new that is good has come out
>steven universe happened
>tumblr came
>comicbook industry becoming pure emotional garbage and appealing to es-jay-double-u's
>more waifufags
>mcu
>/tv/ threads
>>
Everybody just wants to bitch about things they hate instead of talk about things they like. And if they see someone trying to have a conversation about something they like, you can guarantee that the Contrary Faggots will dive in to derail the thread with weak bait that somehow always triggers a /pol/ user into an off topic argument.
>>
It's funny how shows with the least waifus have the best fanbases
>>
>>94457836
>>94457623
Don't forget the /v/ mindset spreading over here. Console War bullshit killed /v/, but it's even more stupid over here where it's apparently impossible to like more than one more show.
>>
>>94457908
Me too
>>
>>94457954
>nothing new that is good has come out
I like Adventure Time and Over the Garden Wall. I've also been pretty out of the loop because I don't watch television anymore, but I'm sure there are some other good shows out there. Does the new Samurai Jack count?
>>
>>94458059
Every time I see "/co/ doesn't like comics/cartoons" it's so blatant that it's being posted from some shitty /v/ expat
>>
File: 1397599742572.png (276KB, 477x352px) Image search: [Google]
1397599742572.png
276KB, 477x352px
"Fuse with me, Double D."
>>
>>94457467
I miss streams. /a/ still has them time to time and as much it is fun i still miss good old /co/ streams.

Most of /co/ nowdays probably havent been here more than 2 years but if there is still some oldfags here, lets make this nostalgia thread
>>
File: 1461359417588.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461359417588.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>94460043
>made thread thinking the movie came out just a few years ago
>it came out in 2009
Never has this been more appropriately used.
>>
>>94457983
Weirdly I think when dealing with something terrible that it's impossible to hate, you still get good threads.
Like the threads on those Indian Kids Rhymes, or when the webcomic Jack was storytimed. Since they're not big budget things and (in the former case) not even intended to be anything but an insane cash grab, nobody has anything to defend and can just laugh along at it.
>>
>>94460043
>lets make this nostalgia thread

*let's make this nostalgia thread
>>
>>94457467

That was the era before the internet became such a cesspool of corporate SJW clusterfucks as everything gradually became more politicized and the echo chambers grew. As cringe as it was, I miss it.
>>
File: The Best Cartoons Ever Made.png (533KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
The Best Cartoons Ever Made.png
533KB, 1024x640px
>>94457954
>>94458934
All three of those are shit. The only good 2010s cartoons are the mystery ones.
>>
>>94462562
No matter how many times you post this, it won't make it true.
>>
>>94463783
It was true before I even made that image, faggot.
>>
>>94462238
>let's make this nostalgia thread
We got done make dis here nostalgia thread
>>
It's not /co/, it's not that these Cartoons suddenly started turning to shit, it's none of that. Go to /sp/, the same shit happened. Go to any board, it's a former glory of itself and really, the same flanderization, the same shit people complain about in TV shows, in Cartoons, in Movies, characters becoming parodies of themselves, that's what happened on 4chan. Take aside tripfags, we're all anonymous, that means the personality we have is in the boards, the threads, and not the individuals on it.

The influx of new people, combined with the oldguard in an aging community in a time period where people are more cynical than they've ever been before, where happiness is just a joke to the majority clung onto by the previous generations clutches to have never been let go. We grew up, new people came in. We held the original memories we had oh so dear, so when the old things started dying and new things got created the old guard became afraid of the changes that were coming, they started posting Nostalgia, newfags, etc, eventually the newfags started mimicing the old despite missing the magic that made the original so good in the first place.

Fastforward this happening year in and out, combined with heightened popularity on the website, stricter rules to what you can post, what threads can exist, things get pruned faster than ever, and sometimes the simplest crap gets you banned because 4chan's presence grew larger, the eyes of the media put more scrutiny on the actions of the anonymous people on the board, and the negative attention caused leadership (Moot, and not Hiro) to enforce more rules, be more strict, and let the mods and janitors rule with more power to appease those who kept the website running, the advertisements, to appease the media, operation costs get bigger with every new influx, the /pol/ one the latest, and we're by far not a profitable market to advertise too, and trying to is bad PR.

It isn't just one thing that caused the shift. It's a lot.
>>
>>94464272
>generations clutches

*generation's clutches
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.