[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hates and is scared of what his son does, that he doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Hank.png (47KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Hank.png
47KB, 225x225px
>hates and is scared of what his son does, that he doesn't understand
>his son's happiness is often second to how Bobby reflects on him
>his idea of gender roles is so strict he would even force his child to fit into it
>despite that he often truly helped Bobby and gave him good advice

How Hank Hill is your father?
>>
>>94428999
Not even slightly. I love my dad but he is no Hank Hill.
>>
And second question : if your dad was Hank, would you have been happy?
>>
>>94428999
What's funny about this is that Hank doesn't realize that Bobby is way more socially successful than Hank ever was. Sure, Hank was athletic and traditionally attractive, but Bobby is outgoing, charismatic, and has already had more girlfriends than most kids his age. He's goofy, but he's also alpha. That's why Cotton likes Bobby so much: he can tell that Bobby will grow up to be the pussy-slaying, non-narrow urethra endowed god all Hill men were meant to be.
>>
>>94428999
Not at all. My dad:
>is accepting of gay people
>is flexible in his thinking
>exercises skepticism
>is willing to try new things
>is capable of learning new things
>has no enemies and is friendly with everyone; if someone doesn't like him, then that someone is suspicious, and if he doesn't like someone, then that someone must be a real asshole

>>94429022
Fuck no. Hank's a dumb motherfucker whose default state is "I'm right, you're wrong and bad." He's narrow-minded and inflexible. He might like my family, but my family wouldn't like him at all, and my mom would never marry a man as weak as him.
>>
My dad had more in common with Lenore.
>>
>>94429095
>after six Arlen high school girls end up pregnant in as many months, Bobby is diagnosed with a medically wide urethra
>>
My Dad is like a weird mix of Hank and Lucky with a little bit of Bill thrown in there.
>>94429022
Yeah cause I'm not a tranny faggot like you OP
>>
>>94428999
My dad is a mix of S1 Hank and Dale.

>>94429022
I'd be happier if Hank was my husband.
>>
My dad isn't some dumb redneck who never finished high school and buys cars at sticker price. So not at all.
>>
>>94429650

My dad is an exact replica of Bill.

Sorry, was*
>>
>>94428999
>>his idea of gender roles is so strict he would even force his child to fit into it

My dad didn't raise me and was never around/there for me but despite not wanting me to be girly he's really sexist and stays typically towards cliche gender roles. He'd cheer on his little kid son for getting to dance with a girl and literally at the same time chastise his daughter who's almost an adult about being/wanting to dance with a boy while saying, "Well you know how it is."
>>
>>94429933
>"Well you know how it is.
That's the usual excuse for people who never atcually thought about how unfair it is, and if they have they do like Hank and say "we got the long end of the stick on this, lets not change that". Which is an asshole thing to do.
>>
>>94428999
Lucky my dad is Clay light, with touch of Jonas Venture Sr
>>
>>94430107
>>94429933

>nuanced conversation about gender
>on 4chan

never let me down, lefty/co/
>>
>>94429890
>My dad isn't some dumb redneck who never finished high school
Hank finished high school though.
>>
I'm black
>>
>>94430107
>and if they have they do like Hank and say "we got the long end of the stick on this, lets not change that". Which is an asshole thing to do.

My dad would probably say that.
He's an asshole. He got angry and started bitching with his loser (he might as well be Bill) brother about their other brother (my favourite uncle); ranting about how he got a vasectomy and saying "Why didn't she just tie her tubes!" about his wife. First of all that was their personal decision (others shouldn't be ranting so badly about something like that) and secondly getting her tubes tied is the more dangerous option.
>>
File: wat.png (211KB, 371x302px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
211KB, 371x302px
>>94428999
>hates and is scared of what his son does, that he doesn't understand
>his son's happiness is often second to how Bobby reflects on him
>his idea of gender roles is so strict he would even force his child to fit into it
>despite that he often truly helped Bobby and gave him good advice.

I'm convinced OP is either underage or learning disabled / autistic.
>>
>>94428999
Well Hank Hill isn't dead soo.
>>
>>94430732
Everyone else in the thread has no trouble understanding the OP and participating in the discussion. Maybe you need to look in a mirror.
>>
In real life someone like Bobby would probably be bullied, and have few if any friends. Kids tend to be very judgemental.
>>
>>94430810
>In real life someone like Bobby would probably be bullied, and have few if any friends.
which is exactly what happened in the show. although he was a bit of a lady's man due to his high charisma stats.
>>
thats called good parenting, anon
>>
>>94430810

Why? He's the class clown, and tries to be silly/funny on purpose. He is also friends with the best football player in the school and the school genius. He has connections on both ends of the social ladder. He is outgoing and often willing to help out when he can. What would the kids have to pick on?
>>
>>94430931

Not as strict as Hank though. It's not like Bobby was wearing makeup and asking to be referred to with female pronouns. Nothing he did was really girly.
>>
>>94430941
>Bobby wearing a diaper and wings and shooting toy arrows at a party
>Bobby joining a comedy class and saying weird shit
>Bobby getting into fantasy shit and putting on a robe
>dog dancing

And also Bobby in general being quirky and doing weird shit.
>>
>>94430810
>>94430879
It's pretty weird actually. I knew a kid that was a lot like Bobby but much more overweight and even more awkward. Somehow he knew EVERYBODY and was generally well liked. He got bullied but only by bullies, and that dried up pretty quick once we became friends and he was basically under my protection.
>>
>>94431006
You're sorta going overboard.
Hank never really went too overboard, especially when Bobby proved that "acting like a girl" made him more self-reliant and helpful.

Hank's problem became he came across as unable to deal with different world views because DIFFERENT, but he'd typically have a logic behind why he didn't like something and wouldn't explain it.
>>
>>94430696
I'm always amazed by people with a mindset of "it's okay to do this awful thing to them, but not to me !"

Women have it with the slapping for example. Some women will instinctively slap you if upset about stupid shit, but god forbid you do the same.

And no, the "men are stronger" excuse isn't valid. you don't slap people. Period.
>>
>>94431090
That would be Bobby's niche at school. It's well-known that his goal in life is to be a comedian so everything he does would be seen in light of him being a comedian. He's the funny weird kid.
>>
>>94431289
Yeah, but there comes a point where it crosses the line from being funny to JUST being weird, which I think Bobby did several times.
>>
>>94431334
Only time I can remember it being weird to me was when that black comedian was there, and you could tell Bobby has NO IDEA what a black person is, behaves like, or thinks like. His view of them is very stereotypical and influenced by tv. Same when he tried to convince the dog to stop being racist by showing her rap music clips on tv.

he would fit right in Get Out, as that kid who idolizes a very skewed version of black people.
>>
>>94431176
>Women have it with the slapping for example. Some women will instinctively slap you if upset about stupid shit, but god forbid you do the same.

This I never understood.
I genuinely blame the media for this because I have never seen anyone do this outside of movies and TV shows. It's like they think it's okay for women to slap people when offended because women are too weak for the slap to actually hurt someone; but I'm really talking about slapping someones face or elsewhere except for like an arm/leg since anyone could sort of get away with that and it would take a decent amount of energy to actually hurt someones arm/leg with a slap ( a punch anywhere is terrible though).

But yeah no one should slap someone.
Even friendly slaps some people wont approve of/not everyone is okay with that.
>>
>>94431745
>It's like they think it's okay for women to slap people when offended because women are too weak for the slap to actually hurt someone
It's pretty much it yes. And most women don't see an issue because they get an instant release to a frustration, whereas boys are "trained" not do it to women because we are told to contain our emotions and think instead.

They don't see how it taps into the condescending view of not only "hits like a girl", but also "hysteric/unstable like a woman".

By allowing yourself to slap people when upset, or cry about little things, you just end up confirming the stereotypes that they'll next use to justify not trusting you/not giving you the job you want.

It all goes back to education. Men would be just as violent and erratic (and sometimes are) is they were given this much leeway as children.
But nope. Gotta act responsibly because you'll have a family to carry later. Same logic should go for girls.

Most women don't see the long term problem this creates. They just think "eh. i can release my feelings, why should I care!...what do you mean I'm too unstable for the job?"
>>
>>94431949

Honestly it's sad.
It's just a bad cycle of self destructive enabling.
>>
>>94429022
Probably. I also played football in high school and have mostly mainstream interests. Like Hank my main problem is pseudo autism so I don't think he'd fault me for much. And while we would of course have disagreements I never got the impression that he was a terrible father who didn't love his son. If he loved and accepted someone as different from him as Bobby (in both good ways, like his charisma and open mindedness, and bad ways, like his laziness) after some difficulties I don't think I should have a problem.
>>
>>94429890
t. Kahn Souphanousinphone
>>
>>94429022
My dad's a mix of Hank and Boomhauer.
So the answer is yes, I love my dad.
Also, none of us are faggots/dykes/trannies so there are no problems there.
>>
>>94432366
Hank has tried time and again to cure Bobbie's laziness, even Cotton tried to cure it and Bobby just shrugged it off. Even when he went to Cotton's old military school and got put through the wringer and went through what broke Cotton at his age, he shrugged it off.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.