[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the Emoji Movie caused such a turn on reality that shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: me.jpg (54KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
54KB, 625x415px
Has the Emoji Movie caused such a turn on reality that shit like this will happen now?
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3566834/
>>
>>94422488
>Minecraft: The Movie
Sadly would be objectively the best video game movie
>>
File: animal crossing movie.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
animal crossing movie.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>94422511
Nope.
>>
>>94422488
No fucking way this is real.
Please. Seriously? After the Emoji movie's clear flop?
>>
>>94422650

Dude, kids still love minecraft, enough to buy lego's and StoryTelling Games about a game where the plot is a about a guy surviving in the woods and fighting a Dragon in the end for no reason

Kids are not "crazy" about emojis, is just a think that they see and use everyday because they love texting. But producers were too retarded to get that you can't traslante the appeal "Texting" into another Shrek clone movie form, because kids like Texting because of what it is, a communication device to talk with friends, not a movie.
>>
File: 5d39.png (62KB, 586x385px) Image search: [Google]
5d39.png
62KB, 586x385px
>>94422650
This has been in the works for a while, now.
>>
>>94422650
Nope, Minecrap its still very popular with shitldren
>>
>>94423907

What about that FNAF movie by the guy who made Monster House that Warner was going to announce this year?

I hate the games and the lore, but i see potential
>>
The director is the most weird part of this.
>>
>>94424284

Well, Mel Brooks wrote the minecraft zombie books, so i can belive in anything
>>
>>94422650
Critical flop, anon, not financial. The film's box office is on track and is certain to make money bank because of the low production costs.

And tell me, is there a single property that would take less money to produce an animated movie of than Minecraft? Low-poly characters in a low-poly environment with low-poly props. And after about 8 years since inception Minecraft is still going strong and has basically become it's own multi-billion dollar industry.

Honestly if it was handed to the right people, it could become another LEGO movie. And this isn't a Sony movie so hell, maybe it'll work.
>>
>>94422650
Emoji's were a fad. I teach 4th graders and I don't know a single kid in my school that liked or even wanted to see Emoji Movie. This isn't like Norm of the North where parents saw a cheap way to distract their kids for 90 minutes. Every parent I know looked at it and said "Well, that just looks like the shitiest excuse for a cash-grab i've ever seen."

If I tell the kids there's gonna be a Minecraft movie, they are going to be on that like flies on shit.
>>
>>94424337
>become it's own multi-billion

*become its own multi-billion
>>
>>94424337
So far, it is a financial flop. End of opening week, they want to make back their budget, especially on something so low-cost as this. By the time it goes out of Cinema's, they want to make back double their budget in order to not be a financial flop. There is no way in hell they are going to do that. Not with the shitty reviews, not with the lack of interest on parents part, not with a movie that literally everybody in the world looked at and thought of as nothing more than a shitty cash-cow.
>>
Rob McElhenney is directing the movie. I have hopes on the movie being decent at best.
>>
>>94422511
I think the 1st Silent Hill movie is good, I don't care what anyone says. If it didn't have the Christopher scenes it would be much better though.
>>
>>94424389
Oh. Well neat, I stand corrected. Thanks anon.
>>
>>94422650
Minecraft movie could actually end up pretty good tho. Unlike Emojis, you already have a rought framework to work with. You have a gallery of villians, you have two big bads etc. And since the central aspect of minecraft is building impressive shit and wasting your life in the process you are pretty much forced to crank up the visuals. Also, WB has access to people who worked on the Lego movie.
Meanwhile, the only gimmick of emojis is that they are on the phone and are used to send messages.

A minecraft movie could end up being legitimatly great
>>
>>94426131
>you are pretty much forced to crank up the visuals
Wouldn't it just look like Minecraft, though? Otherwise what's the point?
>>
>>94422488
Considering it has a TellTale Games spinoff and I think a cartoon, this is probably the least weird direction.

>>94424337
>The film's box office is on track and is certain to make money bank because of the low production costs.
>Budget $50 million
>Box office $37.1 million
>Thinking this is making anything back when they advertised the living fuck out of it more than normal
This is going to be a Ghostbusters 2016 level bomb once this is out of theaters
>>
>>94424360
>I teach 4th graders
post feet
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.