[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tropes you hate >communications are scrambled, but enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 106

File: utonium.png (312KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
utonium.png
312KB, 500x380px
tropes you hate

>communications are scrambled, but enough actual words can be heard
>character acts like a fucking dumbass that can't piece together the message
>>
>sibling rivalry
>older sibling is the evil one
>>
>>94420319
As opposed to younger being the evil one, which is also very frequent.
>>
>impact knocks characters off their feet
>man lands on top of the lady
>stares her in the eyes for 3 seconds
>"GET OFF ME!!!!"
>"oh s-s-ssorry"
>>
File: 2347642183_91247aa0c8_o.jpg (39KB, 255x325px) Image search: [Google]
2347642183_91247aa0c8_o.jpg
39KB, 255x325px
>>94420199
>Girl is an absolute cunt
>has an entire fandom of waifufags
Every fucking time.
>>
>Smashing a password control panel to either make a steel door open or remained locked
>Smashing any sort of technology that magically makes it work
>>
>>94420470
Mabel?
>>
>Christmas episode
>Satan is real
>>
File: Robot_Devil_Fiddle.png (121KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Robot_Devil_Fiddle.png
121KB, 320x240px
>>94420612
man, i hate when that happens
>>
>>94420527
If the door was locked, smashing the control panel should prevent it from being opened again until repaired, period.
>>
>>94420199
>battle of the sexes
>girls win
>>
File: kyle hyde mad.png (34KB, 188x229px) Image search: [Google]
kyle hyde mad.png
34KB, 188x229px
>Character gets a lot of growth and development
>They get benched forever so the protag gets all the screentime
>>
> Third-Act Misunderstanding

Even when I was little, I kept noticing it in movies and just kept getting enraged

Things are going great and then there's this contrived, easily-avoided and easily-rectified mishap and the rest of the movie is just fixing that mishap. Shit writing.
>>
>>94420319
>>94420343
I don't remember where but I heard that firstborns with siblings are more likely to be more aggressive and reactive, but also hard-working.
>>
>>94420694
you can't blame animation studios for following this rule, if you break it you're on the death list of them
>>
>>94420965
i fucking hate end of 2nd act misunderstandings that drive the 3rd act.

there HAS to be some better way to write a story
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1600x900px
> webcomic in a fantasy setting
> character talking in a quirky, archaic, vaguely cockney lilt with lots of forced slang
>>
>>94420527
>he never had a crt TV with antenna
>>
>"Smart character" explains plan
>"Okay we are going to use this Hydroponic pump to empty the damn"
>The-HYDRA_WHOSIZ-WHAT-SITS SPEAK ENGLISH MAN! Wh-WHAT THE FUCK, WHAT YOU SAID IS SO COMPLEX-JESUZ FUCK MY BRAIN OH MY GOD YOUY're such an NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD. SO MUCH SCIENCE! CAN YOU TELL ME THE PLAN WITH THE SCIENCE LINOGO!?"

It's in every action cartoon multiple times and I fucked hated it as a kid.

"Plants do Photosynthesis"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?
>>
File: faggots.jpg (64KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
64KB, 1440x1080px
>>94421101
>latin american character
>shown as perfectly capable of communicating using the english language
>not giving any signs that any other character is in some form or way familiar with Spanish or willing to speak with it
>1 every 3 words the character says is in Spanish
>regardless of nationality or actual origin, uses mostly LA-chicano slang.
>>
>>94420527
>electronic door emergency failsafe that locks it open in the case of malfunction or loss of power

i know construction in fictional settings rarely pays heed to any sort of safety standard but come on anon
>>
>>94420199
Not one I hate but...

>Communications are in a state of complete panic due to being overwhelmed
>You can literally hear the moral being drained every second
When executed correctly it gives me goosebumps.
>>
File: Pumkin.png (630KB, 672x537px) Image search: [Google]
Pumkin.png
630KB, 672x537px
>badass villain/anti-hero joins the good guys
>becomes a jobber
>>
>>94420555
Gwen.

Nice trips btw
>>
>>94421101
Unsounded?
>>
>Fight Scene
>Strong character throws something big
>hero dodges then looks back at what it hit behind them. For a long time
>they look back and get hit in the face because they've been staring at a boulder or whatever for ten minutes

>Villain has hero by the throat and is holding them with there feet dangling
>better throw them on the ground now
Fuck just have the hero DO SOMETHING to get away instead of making the villain retarded

>Protagonist finds very effective technique or ability
>they just stop using it for no reason a few episodes later
Walking Dead Zombie scent cloaks / toothless Zombies on a chain
>>
>Ethic/Gay/whatever character
>has absolutely no character flaws because writers are too afraid

>>94421267
Every DBZ character
>>
>>94421327

Yep. Also Kill Six Billion Demons and, to a lesser extent, Bomango
>>
File: 1307768573395.jpg (68KB, 788x519px) Image search: [Google]
1307768573395.jpg
68KB, 788x519px
>>94420199
>season ends on a cliffhanger
>doesn't get another season

Stop that. Just end your goddamn seasons normally.
>>
>>94420199
>villain is defeated (except they aren't because it's a doombot or something)
>>
>By killing a person who commits mass murder, enslavement, torture, and rape...
>YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM NOW! Whoah slippery slope! Who are you to judge!?
>>
>>94421427

I fucking hate it.
>>
>>94420199
>character hears or sees a situation of context
>"wait let me explain!"
>doesn't let them explain
>>
>>94421427
>villain is defeated
>every villain that follows is nowhere near as interesting

or

>lots of recurring villains but they overuse the most popular villain to the point where he's no longer interesting
>>
File: 1457888050848.jpg (265KB, 997x879px) Image search: [Google]
1457888050848.jpg
265KB, 997x879px
>>94420199
>character is caught doing something
>"uhh, let me explain"
>They don't let the character explain
>>
>>94420199
Missing words matter. Notice what happens if the word "don't " is dropped
"Don't shit on the Pope." becomes "Shit on the Pope."
>>
>every villain is stronger than the last and every next villain requires a whole new training montage to beat

How is this not fucking exhausting to watch for everyone?
>>
>>94421385
I like how in American Dad they actually gave greg and terry some depth by making them petty, snobish, and terrible parents who treat their kid like an accessory more than a daughter
>>
>>94420199
>Character dying of thirst in the desert
>Finds some water
>empties the container onto his face with his mouth open
>half the water lands on the sand

I fucking hate this.
>>
>>94421487
>>94421481
hivemind?
but yeah, agreed. so many problems would be completely avoided if not for this total asspull.
>>
>>94421481
Nobody follows them as they storm out and cell phones don't exist.
>>
File: ThatGuy.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ThatGuy.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>A thing from one form of popular culture
>Happens in another form of popular culture

Hate it when that happens!
>>
>fight scene between two big guys
>punch each other at the same time
>fists collide, they punch each others fist

have you ever punched someone's fist, let alone when they're trying to punch you? Fuck that stupid trope, you would break every bone in your hand if you did that
>>
>>94421523
You are only allowed to do that with comedy and "edgy" cartoons.

If you had a Wheelchair, black or Muslim character, they will be virtually perfect or have some small time flaw like "oh they joke too much" or "why do you have to be so right all the time!"
>>
File: 1495337270426.png (213KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1495337270426.png
213KB, 374x347px
>Character attempts to hold a "mature" party
>>
>>94420612
I mean yeah the devil would make sense
>>
>>94421618
>Hulk vs Hulkbuster in Age of ultron?
>>
>>94421618
>now, now, perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything
>>
>>94421618
This doesn't bother me, however I'm bother by:

Punch in the face, it's didn't work, pause, Wha he didn't flinch?, NOW I'LL MOVE MY ARM MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!
>>
>SJW soapbox insert

Knuckles is a feminist.
>>
>>94421153
Just reading this made me physically angry, I hate this shit
>>
>>94421663
yeah
>>
>>94421618
It's the deadly counter to the Leg Kick: The Fist Punch!
>>
>>94420199
that actually happens a lot in real life
thats why the DC-moscow hotline was fax and not audio, since even slight garbling can change the meaning

thats also why people use the NATO alphabet on radio, due to static occasional making messages unintelligible

as for not asking to repeat the message more clearly, most people often dont double check
>>
>>94421240
Uhhh... Give me an example of this plz?
>>
>Black Character is always a disarming nerd with no traits of strength or hospitality
I am one of those characters
>>
>>94421813
>White street thugs
>>
>>94421457

I despise this one with every fiber of my being.

Also:
> Villain taunts hero by (for example) putting barrel of hero's gun to villain's head, daring him to shoot
> Hero doesn't shoot, villain says "I knew you couldn't" and hero is captured

I can't even remember where I first saw this, I just know if I ever have my way and make my own cartoon/comic the first villain to do this will be missing a head
>>
>>94421813

Go away Ian
>>
>>94420343
>The younger one being evil.
That's a lie and you know it. The eldest one has always been evil/slothful/greedy since the time of fairy tales. Youngest ones usually get off scott free or get excuses for their behavior. Middle children are either ignored or praised for having the "moderation" of the older or younger siblings. What I'm saying is, don't pit kids against each other.
>>
>>94421153
>>94421707
>Tries to make the scientist character sound smart to the audience
>have them say some mixed together science words that don't make sense in an attempt to confuse the audience

>"well if we attach the fusion compressor to the quantum circuit relay, we can bypass the proton dispersal system and access the electro-magnetic conversion unit

Bonus:
>scientist character goes off to do this off screen while the hero does something else like fight the villain
>scientist character comes back later like "oh I'm done" so the plot can progress.
>>
>>94420199
>tropes you hate

>trope thread
>no one cites their sources
>>
>>94421891
>Villain: "If you waste time saving these three people or don't kill them or whatever, I'll have time to literally murder the entire world"
>Hero: "NO THOSE THREE PEOPLE!"
>it's fine because the hero manages to save both the people and world and doesn't have to make a hard choice

It's fine if it's someone the hero loves and you're showing a greedy part of them or something.
>>
>>94420199
>have a great story about friendship between best bros
>annoying cunt ruins it by always nagging them
>>
>>94422018
Do you want an MLA citation complete with URL you fucker?
>>
>Main villain is motivated solely by greed despite already being the richest person in the world.
>>
>>94422018
>trope thread
>people list specific plot points to single works instead of tropes
>>
>We are going to need some DESPERATE help on this one
>we will need help even.. FROM VILLAINS
>Release worst villain of all who wants to kill entire world or something instead of the myriad of other villains that would be effective in shear volume, but easier to deal with sense they can't kill the world
>>
>body swap episode
>the voices swap too
>>
>>94421526
That irks me too. I know the image of the water pouring off the guy's chin is a strong visual, but do the screenwriters really think we're so dumb as to NEED such a visual? If a character raises a canteen to his lips and starts gulping, I think the audience is going to recognize that he's taking a drink.
>>
>>94422121
"What do all men in power want? More power."
>>
>>94421697
Fuck you that was fucking funny and it's exactly the kind of subversion I'm all about. In any other cartoon Amy's comment would have been a FUCK YEAH GRRRL POWER! moment, but knuckles exposes it as dumb bullshit that helps nobody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTd3Bry-ZT4
>>
>>94422018
>>94422135
>trope thread
>people just list tropes, nobody responds or tries to discuss said tropes
>>
>>94421457
I don't understand why this bothers you. It is in fact an important question to be raised.

At what point does killing someone become justified?
We see it as an abhorrent act because we are robbing that life of all potential.
Can you really say someone is irredeemable? That they will never be able to produce more net good then net loss in society?
Is the guilt going to affect you?
What if killing someone haunts you? Is the personal sacrifice worth it?
What if you're a hero?
If people look up to you?
Is the symbol you are worth tarnishing through an act of violence some would see as unforgivable?
What if it makes you personally broken or unable to perform your duties as a hero?
Is the loss of your future good deeds equal to the loss of the villain's bad deeds?
>>
File: IMG_3356.png (2MB, 2522x1418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3356.png
2MB, 2522x1418px
>>94421267
Frieza's breaking that trope in DBS by possibly being the strongest fighter on U7's team
>>
>>94422433

Examples?
>>
>>94421153
voltron s3 pulled it off, I was honestly surprised to hear something and not understand it for once
>>
File: 655ngm-jpg.png (780KB, 842x842px) Image search: [Google]
655ngm-jpg.png
780KB, 842x842px
>an unredeemable asshole was meant to be only the villain of the week/arc or just a jerkass side character
>morbid fanbases want to see the said character more often for whatever reason. Thus, the writers make the said character having some sort of redemption, and officially make this character part of the spotlight.
Please, don't pander certain fanbase for CHRIST sake.
>>
>>94422369
I mostly hate it when suddenly the ENTIRE population turns to Superman or whoever, standing over the corpse of Mr. "I JUST TRIED TO KILL THE WORLD", and they are like "wow, Superman, can we really trust you? How are you different from this world killing tyrannical super rapist? I mean you killed someone just for trying to murder the earth? At what point are they worthy of death?"

There are like three billion people on the earth. Human life is abundant.

I would shoot any mass murderer and sleep soundly, with no fucks given about people who think I'm now a bad person. It's childish.

Oh shit, maybe the murderer will stop raping kids and start doing something anyone else could do.

If someone "had a bad upbringing" I don't care, other people will be pushed to worse limits and not become murderers. Just kill them.
>>
>>94422539
You're off by a few billion there
>>
>>94422557
Oh shit, I didn't realize we are that short, let's release those murderers.
>>
>>94422496
If you mean Vegeta, they at least wish his victims back with the Dragon Balls.

Otherwise I agree, especially with comic book villains. Most of them are mass-murderers; there's no redeeming them.
>>
>Its a girls vs boys episode
fuck dat shit
>>
>Female character's hair is shortened for any reason
>>
>>94422253
>trope thread
>People post the same things people post in every one of these threads
>>
>>94420199
>Everybody in the universe speaks english or there is automatically a universal translator
I kind of like it when two characters from different species have to communicate non-verbally and end up being able to understand and respect each other in a meaningful way.
>>
>>94421891
I'm actually perfectly fine with the "I knew you couldn't" trope, cuz at least it's a matter of whether the hero will bend his morals or not. Throwing out shit lines like "we're the same, you and I" even though all evidence points to the contrary, regardless of whether he kills the villain or not, is really irritating
>>
>>94422643
>>94422625
>>94422623
Christ, you're right. Why is /a/ so much better at these?
>>
>nerdy weak guy getting bullied called names and etc
>its an episode where he fights back
>out of the sudden he is the bad guy now and everybody hates him
>episode ends and he comes back to being a punchbag and bullies doing their job without any warnings like its normal
Something like that in many different variations.

Like for example in Riders of Berk Hiccup was trying to win a race with that (forgot names bacause i dont care about that franchise) "badass bullie viking kid that rides evil looking dragon" who was bullying him and making fun of him THE WHOLE FUCKING EPISODE.

And just right at the moment when Hiccup decided to man up and win the race that blonde "badass viking girl that rides blue dragon" started to criticize him for that.
Saying that hes asshole and blablabla.
And at the end Hiccup decided to return to his ol' self and pretended like hes a dork and cant be a fast dragon rider so he let that bullie jerk to win that race.
And that blonde girl says "I like you because you a dork xD" at the end.

man what a fucking cucckery episode was that.
>>
>>94422632
>Characters like Gaz (IZ), Mandy (Grim Adventures), Katara (Avatar), etc. come to mind.
I don't think you know what a Mary Sue is, or why those characters are why they are.
You can dislike them, and that's fine, but you're letting the intentional infuriating parts of their personality get too far under your skin.
>>
>>94422539
> would shoot any mass murderer and sleep soundly
There are only two possible things to take from this statement.
1. You are a child. An ignorant fool that has completely underestimated the weight of robbing a life of its potential.
2. You are already exactly as bad as the person you would have murdered in this scenario, because you lack empathy and are willing to inflict your will onto others in a very permanent way.

It's almost certainly the former.
>>
>>94421481
I'm not really annoyed by this
unless the other person actually says "No", then they're completely irredeemable in my eyes
>>
>>94422590
Um... no they don't. Nappa's still dead for some reason.
Also all the people from that one village on Namek.
Why didn't they wish them back?
>>
File: Dude Stop.jpg (14KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
Dude Stop.jpg
14KB, 500x265px
>>94422461
>>
File: 1500900697973.jpg (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500900697973.jpg
121KB, 500x500px
>>94421336
Why does noone in the walking dead make any attempt to protect themselves from bites etc? I mean in the comic people use armor more, and it saves a load of lives. However main characters or mooks never even basic leather, wooden, or cardboard armor to protect against rotting teeth.
>>
>>94422632
Dude, what? Mandy is portrayed as extremely unsocial and Korra is called out on her shit constantly.
The fuck are you taking about?
>>
>Two characters are fighting, fairly evenly with maybe one having the upper hand
>At one point, Character A says or does something to piss off Character B
>Character B proceeds to instantly win the fight without any difficulty.
>>
>Plot Twist/Twist Ending makes the story worse
>>
File: 1434747744790.gif (2MB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434747744790.gif
2MB, 371x500px
>getting caught was part of the plan
>>
>Character was transformed before the start of the story
>Gets turned back to normal
>Their transformed state has a more appealing design than their normal form
>>
>The villain is a mean green mother from outer space, and they're bad
>mean, green, bad
>They're just a mean green mother from outer space, and it looks like you've been had.
>>
>>94422809
>Nappa's still dead
That's a good thing.

>that one village on Namek
Fuck, they never got wished back? I thought they'd done that between the Cell and Frieza sagas. I'unno, they'll probably get mentioned in some side material as having been wished back.
>>
>hero lets the villain monologue
Also
>villain lets the hero transform
>>
>Villain gets tons of buildup
>Is defeated in less than a minute
>>
>>94423080
I'm still mad
>>
>Cartoon family
>Son looks like the mother
>Daughter looks like the father
>>
>>94423104
About who?
>>
>>94423035
Well, I mean... who else has Vegeta killed? I think it's 100% on people he has killed staying dead, meaning the trope doesn't really apply to him.
Let's see here.
Bug planet (filler)
Nappa
Bunch of freeza goons
4/5ths the Ginyu Force
android 19?
is there anyone I'm forgetting? Maybe from the Buu arc?
>>
File: 1492922723827.jpg (39KB, 419x280px) Image search: [Google]
1492922723827.jpg
39KB, 419x280px
>female MC
>incompetent

every cartoon
>>
File: kills2.jpg (127KB, 580x746px) Image search: [Google]
kills2.jpg
127KB, 580x746px
>>94423175
>>
>>94423189

1. What's wrong with that?
2. Are you sure? Most female protagonists seem to be overly competent, if anything
>>
>>94423199
That looks like all I forgot is a Saibaman?
>>
File: 1489538837601.jpg (54KB, 720x647px) Image search: [Google]
1489538837601.jpg
54KB, 720x647px
>>94420527
>character sends friends into the next room and tell them he'll hold off the bad guys
>smashes the control panel so his friends can't come back for him and the enemies can't get through
>>
>>94423199
Who's that dude with the alien head under Recoom's [It rhymes with Doom] ass?
>>
>>94420199
You say that, but when I played Command and Conquer and got a scrambled message to blow up a radio tower, I blew up an airfield like a bitch.
>>
>>94420411
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>94423294
That's Pui Pui. Vegeta aces him at the start of the Babadi saga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG5oTmipkd8
>>
>villain gets defeated
>they're never mentioned again
>characters never ever bring up this hugely important chapter of their life or the person who caused them so much pain and loss
>>
>>94421336
>>they look back and get hit in the face because they've been staring at a boulder or whatever for ten minutes
How could you possibly hate this
>>
File: 12.jpg (144KB, 546x858px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
144KB, 546x858px
>>94423294
ch 450
>>
File: Jagi.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jagi.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>94423360
Pic unbelievably related. This fucker is technically behind all of Kenshiro's suffering in Fist of the North Star, yet he barely gets a mention after he croaks.
>>
File: 1476013393240.jpg (34KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
1476013393240.jpg
34KB, 422x750px
>>94422431
Freeza has only "joined" the good guys in the most technical meaning of the word. It's shown from the very start that he's plotting something. Get ready for him to buck the Tien/Piccolo/Vegeta trend and be the one villain that joins up with Goku temporarily and doesn't start sucking his cock, doing his chores, and raising his children
>>
>>94422953
Wonder Woman, even though you could see the twist coming a mile away
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z v22-057.jpg (976KB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z v22-057.jpg
976KB, 2037x3056px
>>94423386
>xerox scans
literally 2017
>>
>>94423351
Hm. Alrighty then. Totally forgot that guy. His design just screams "Leftover design from Freeza arc"
Still, is there anyone Vegeta Killed who isn't still dead?
>>
>>94423458

He becomes Pilaf V2 instead
>>
File: hmm--really-makes-you-think.jpg (159KB, 519x783px) Image search: [Google]
hmm--really-makes-you-think.jpg
159KB, 519x783px
>Villain of the week format
>Protags get all "that was too close" when they inevitably win
>>
>>94423529
He blasts the Martial Arts Tournament audience as Majin Vegeta, and then asks that they be revived.
>>
>>94423586
Does Mind control really count? Also, anybody got the scan?
>>
>>94421396
In K6BD everyone but the MC sounds like some kind of African Shaman to me and it's great. Can't stand Gogo's cavewoman accent though.
>>
File: majin-vegeta-kills-audience-dbz.jpg (76KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
majin-vegeta-kills-audience-dbz.jpg
76KB, 500x355px
>>94423615
I have a screencap.
>>
>>94423658
Well shit. That's cold even for Vegeta
>>
>>94423586
Remember when Vegeta let himself be mind controlled just so he could have an excuse to fight Goku again?

What a cunt
>>
>>94421483
>lots of recurring villains but they overuse the most popular villain to the point where he's no longer interesting
That's the Joker for me
>>
>>94422715
Because anime is 99% blatantly overused tropes.
>>
>>94422715
Anime is more trope based
>>
File: dragon_ball_458_1.jpg (171KB, 800x1284px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_ball_458_1.jpg
171KB, 800x1284px
>>
>>94423112
I love this trope
>>
File: IMG_2347.jpg (32KB, 538x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2347.jpg
32KB, 538x414px
>Nerd character
>"Well according to my calculations"
>Pushes up glasses
>>
>>94420669
Only from the side of the door you smashed the panel on.
>>
>>94423615
Vegata wasn't even really under mind control. He willfully let Babiddi turn him Majin hoping it'd set him back into his old, evil ways and give him enough of a power boost to beat Goku.
>>
File: 1500611149117.png (1MB, 987x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1500611149117.png
1MB, 987x1141px
>>94420199
>Character gets asked to keep a secret
>They somehow can't keep it fucking in and immediately tell it to someone else
>>
>>94424853
That's an accurate reflection of real life though.
>>
>>94420881
It still hurts
>>
File: dominator.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dominator.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>amazing comedic villain has the potential to grow as a character and become a bigger threat
>lol no here's this oc tier annoyance
>>
File: 1481159622260.png (274KB, 402x467px) Image search: [Google]
1481159622260.png
274KB, 402x467px
>>94420199
>major event that should change everything happens
>completely forgotten in the next episode
FUCKING HATED THIS BULLSHIT SINCE CHILDHOOD!
>>
>>94420199
AKU!
>>
>>94420199
>character competes in a tournament
>loses to teach a lesson to kids that losing is "okay"
>do this for the next 20 years
>>
>>94424073
>screw you nerd!
>succeeds through intuition and natural talent
>>
>disabled character
>disability never has a negative impact to the point it may as well not exist
>>
>>94422625
This is only a butthurt for me if
>Character didn't cut their own hair
>Didn't get a "Female cuts their hair short to show growth" moment to deserve it.
>>
>>94422977
>Being brainwashed/Mind controlled/Joining the enemy and betraying the heroes was part of the plan
>Allies don't understand this and don't learn to keep their mouth shut, thus ruining the plan
ALL MY RAGE.
I hate assholes who do this.
>>
>>94425918
name the shows
>>
File: 1480858153152.png (375KB, 783x665px) Image search: [Google]
1480858153152.png
375KB, 783x665px
>>94420411
>man
>>
>>94422790
What the fuck m8? We have cops that would shoot any scumbag who REALLY doesn't give a damn about human life putting themselves to risk to save civilians.
Are you really compairing a man who kills random people because she dumped him to a father that wants to strangle the murderer of his son?! Both cases are real btw. Stop with this shitty moralism, you're denying a normal human impulse in the most civilized of men
>>
File: proposition.gif (907KB, 250x160px) Image search: [Google]
proposition.gif
907KB, 250x160px
>General premise is meant to emphasise being apart of a group and playing off each other's strengths and weaknesses.
>(Usually the) Main character gets put on a super high pedestal while the rest of the cast are made into useless flanderizations.
>Even worse if they try and slap on "I'm nothing without you people" lines.
>>
File: 1399053630311.gif (586KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1399053630311.gif
586KB, 500x371px
>"This is the part where we/you ________"
>>
>>94420470
Courtney from Total Drama?
>>
>>94420199
>Conflict of episode would be resolved if they let a character explain something
>They interrupt them every time he tries to do so
>Bonus points if "why didn't you say anything" at the end of episode
>>
>>94426424
He can't. It was a major event, but he completely forgot it next post.
>>
>>94422845
>The _Dark _Tower.jpg
>>
>villain has a crush on/obsession with the hero
Those are almost never good.
>>
>Characters want to protect nature and shit

>One of the main protagonists fends off a villain trying to destroy the forest by using their fire techniques to make amssive fire tornado.
>>
>hero cripples and or kills hired goons and guards who are just doing their job without hesitation
>spares the evil asshole villain from every scratch because it would be the wrong thing to do
>>
File: 1394861290783.png (125KB, 241x201px) Image search: [Google]
1394861290783.png
125KB, 241x201px
>>94420470
>the permanent state of anime
>>
File: 21-bojack-04.w1200.h630.jpg (134KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
21-bojack-04.w1200.h630.jpg
134KB, 1200x630px
>>94422695

Easily one of my favorite Bojack Horseman episodes. There's a lot expressed even with silence.
>>
>>94421889
This, everytime.
>>
>>94427291
Taking away Bojack's ability to speak actually made him pretty damn likeable.
>>
>>94420470
>a female character is a sociopathic serial killer who murders innocent people just because they could send her to jail
>hero doesn't kill her because "muh love"
>she actually tries to kill the hero's loved ones
>still becomes a hero's love interest and gets a happy ending without even getting a proper character development
I know it's not /co/, but kudos to those who get the reference.
>>
>>94427367
Vegeta?
>>
>>94427403
Dexter, actually
>>
File: Better than DB Super.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Better than DB Super.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>94426092
I WILL NEVER NOT BE MAD!
>>
File: Power rangers wide.jpg (68KB, 1200x648px) Image search: [Google]
Power rangers wide.jpg
68KB, 1200x648px
>>94426292
but those scenes are the cheesy as fuck, i hate them
>>
File: IMG_5035.jpg (179KB, 854x944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5035.jpg
179KB, 854x944px
>Two of the main character's friends who hate each other are suddenly dating/fucking out of the blue
I kind of like this trope but only if it's done right
>>
File: Azula.png (200KB, 504x336px) Image search: [Google]
Azula.png
200KB, 504x336px
>>94420470
It's a hero complex, anon. When I see damaged goods, I just want to protect that smile. Even the term 'damaged goods' is endearing to me, because it implies that it can be fixed in some way.

This only works in 2D. Never get trapped thinking this in 3D, you'll ruin your life.
>>
ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

>We have to find someplace we're unprotected from all sides

AND/OR

>We can't stay here we're sitting ducks

Make up your fucking mind.
>>
>evil twin episode
>"good" twin is always the pussy who gets his/her ass whupped or overpowered and captured by evil twin

Even they have the same physique

or

>"bully" is same size as protagonist and protag still doesn't fight back

or

>protag gets captured or runs from henchmen that aren't even that threatening

Why?! why do the good guys have to be such pussies?
>>
File: HUNK_Revelations_2_Render.png (323KB, 470x960px) Image search: [Google]
HUNK_Revelations_2_Render.png
323KB, 470x960px
>>94427799
Oh we can go all day about Zombie Apocalypses.
>Hmm, these zombies move slow can only attack us by biting and scratching
>Better just wear my street clothes instead of body armor of any kind
>>
>>94420470
Janna is cute shut up
>>
>>94423291
>>94420527
>smashing the panel to open the door
>smashing it a second time so it wont open again
Wut
>>
File: IMG_5072.jpg (33KB, 405x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5072.jpg
33KB, 405x650px
>>94427799
>>94427845
>military is overrun by zombies
>the zombies move at about 2mph
>>
Fuck me I thought about a really good one last night but I can't remember what it was
>>
>>94427845
There isn't just body armor lying around everywhere. Not everything's a video game.
>>
>>94427955
world war z the movie, for all its faults, does show the ability to duct tape rolled magazines to your limbs to deflect bites
>>
>>94420612
>Episode implying Christianity is true, with other religious material being treated as "Don't believe that hocus pocus"
>Then an episode with other religious/mystical stuff, most likely Native American or Asian in origin
>Keeps on flip flopping on which is real and which isn't

Not trying to be a fedora here, this just makes the setting seem inconsistent to me unless they're going for a "all myths are true" kind of deal. But a lot of the time I see this happen and they're not.
>>
>>94427955
>Biker helmet
>Sports gear
>Bucket on the head
>>
>>94427916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clv0qG9MleA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdb7JM28gFo
>hahahaa
>>
File: 1501864231857.png (213KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1501864231857.png
213KB, 500x374px
>protagonist aspires to be a [blank] and looks up to character who claims to be good at [blank] even though they're an obviously incompetent and a fibber
Guess what show I just watched
>>
>>94421493
Context is a thing however. I'm pretty sure based on context you can figure out if a garbled message is warning you about shitting on the Pope or encouraging you to do it.
>>
>>94421585
"I've been calling and texting them for hours now but no reply."
>>
>>94428033
reminds me of those tower defense games where you can rapidly call the next wave before the current one is done.
>>
>>94420199
>Super Powerful Hero who can do everything
>Gets beat by even more powerful villain
>Hero trains and can suddenly beat villain
Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>94421523
Just another reason why I love American Dad.
>>
>>94422809
Obviously those Nameks are still dead because they were bad, they always say "Except for the bad ones" after all.
>>
>>94422695
>universal translator in setting
>episode where all the tech, even the handheld shit with its own power source and everything, gets fucked up and doesn't work
>universal translator is completely unaffected
>>
>>94421644
Hey Arnold? Rhonda's cool kid party was douchey before I even incorporated douchey into my vocabulary.
>>
>> Monster is vanquished
>> Monster declares revenge or return with dying breath
>> also glowing eyes in darkness stating monster will appear again
>> series ends without monster coming back
>> total letdown
>>
>>94428608
X-Men TAS?
>>
>>94421960
Are you saying younger sibling characters not being bratty or spoiled to the point of being evil isnt also a big cliche? Because off the top of my head I can think of Megan from Drake & Josh and Sarah from Ed, Edd n Eddy. Gumball's sister probably was one during early concept but no Watterson is even close to being a saint.
>>
>>94428303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbFni6_25Y

>This is not a dream. Not a dream. We are using your brain's electrical system as a receiver. We are unable to transmit through conscious neural interference. You are receiving this broadcast as a dream. We are transmitting from the year two, zero, one, seven. You are receiving this broadcast in order to alter the events you are seeing. Our technology has not developed a transmitter strong enough to reach your conscious state of awareness, but this is not a dream. Do ***** shit on the Pope. You are seeing what is actually occurring for the purpose of causality violation.
>>
>>94428469
I mean it makes sense
>>
>>94426092
>characters that are way too strong to be in a fighting tournament enter anyway
>when the strong characters that want to fight each other could just fuck off to some empty field or wasteland and fight without tournament rules or worrying about collateral damage
>>
>>94428634
See also: Digimon Adventure 02, Sonic SatAm, Totally Spies, Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
>>
>>94428012
>Wearing a bucket on your head.

Well that just unfashionable, darling.
>>
>>94428008
anon, they're drawings
>>
>>94422695
I like the way that adventure time uses language barriers for gags. I think it's funny whenever princess rainicorn has some sort of long rambling monolog. It's like when Coco talks in Foster's Home (the viewer has no idea what they're saying, and it's funny to see characters to react to something that sounds like giberish) however with a stronger context since rainicorn speaks an actual language.
>>
>>94428068
all anime
>>
>>94423360
Jojos is good at not doing this
>>
>>94428608
Tokko
>>
>>94427799
>the biggest threats are living humans
>>
>>94428608
SatAM. But it was better that way, otherwise we'd have more episodes of that garbage and we already have way too fucking much.
>>
>>94427916

This one is dumb as shit. Like really, unless they're fast zombies or something equally dangerous, you're not gonna lose to it quickly.
>>
>>94428724
So you're just fine with an inconsistent mess of a setting/story? Okay then, I can't tell people to stop enjoying garbage I guess.
>>
File: 1489118197366.png (233KB, 524x541px) Image search: [Google]
1489118197366.png
233KB, 524x541px
>>94422790
Second one isn't even inherently bad. Depends entirely on what you do with it.
>>
>>94428876
Like the only way I can see it is if the virus somehow gets airborne and actively kills you instead of waiting for you to die some other way first. But then that leaves the question of why are there still non-zombies walking around.
>>
>>94428068
Chowder
Mob Psycho 100
Okko
>>
>>94422170
The Nutshack is the only one I can think of that doesn't do this
>>
>>94421229
>Marvel
>>
>>94421516
>getting exhausted just watching a character undergo training
so this is what it means to be American
>>
I don't like stories with Heaven/Earth?Hell were demons from Hell are able to go to Earth on their own and fuck around with mortal's lives unimpeded. They should have to be summoned, or the person wants to be screwed around, there should be an impediment or all of Hell should launch a full on war with Earth.
>>
>>94421336
I don't get that first one. It sounds more like a subversion of a trope than anything else.
>>
File: Superheros.jpg (24KB, 320x426px) Image search: [Google]
Superheros.jpg
24KB, 320x426px
>>94422369
really not trying to be insulting, so here we go
this kind of thought process about killing a murderer/villain/enemy is from someone who's never been in a life or death situation, and refuses to accept that sometimes people need to die. They just need to.
Join the military, voluntarily put your name on the deployment list. Go to combat. When your friends start exploding inside your own base, the only semblance of safety you have over there, because some faggot is tossing grenades like its a fucking parade, you shot him with all the bullets. If he survives and the situation is over, I guarantee you will finish it.
You won't 'arrest' him, you won't look into his soul and believe he can be reformed. He needs to die. Not in a hateful, emotional response to his actions, just in the way that you know death is the only response to someone like him.
>Guilt?
Yeah that can happens, someone has to pull the trigger though.
>Personal sacrifice?
If you're a 'hero' and you're not ok with personal sacrifice, you should stop.
>People don't respect you, they view you differently?
Who cares what they think, is their opinion of you your only fuel to fight crime?
>'Symbol' tarnished?
Realistically, symbols don't mean shit if your goal is to make the world a better place. The only time you need to worry about 'symbols' is for politics.
>Breaks you mentally/spiritually?
That's the biggest cause for concerns when it comes to killing. If you are the 'hero' and have dedicated your life to stopping evil, sacrificed everything in that pursuit, is the potential for PTSD going to stop your crusade?
Comics and cartoons romanticize the fight between good and evil, but its so unrealistic to what real people had to do every day.
>Mass murder: You can't kill me, you'll be just as bad or worse than I am!
Shoot him in the head, walk away, then head to Waffle House. Heroes don't get paid well.
>>
File: Finger_Bang_1.jpg (23KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
Finger_Bang_1.jpg
23KB, 479x359px
>>94422590
>If you mean Vegeta, they at least wish his victims back with the Dragon Balls.
Vegeta was an infamous and sadistic mass murderer before he came to Earth. And he still openly was the time Buu came around since he had no problem killing the civilians in the Android fight and purposefully blew up that stadium. The way DBZ wipes all that stuff under the rug is ridiculous.
>>
>one of the henchmen accidentaly says something that upsets the boss
>boss executes him immediately
>rest of the henchmen are unphased by that or a little bit concerned at most
This is the most retarded way of establishing respect and authority.
>>
File: Zombie_last_stand.jpg (346KB, 960x713px) Image search: [Google]
Zombie_last_stand.jpg
346KB, 960x713px
>>94428876
What if it's a magic demon plague infecting everything?
>>
>>94428008
The only show I can even think of that does this is King of the Hill, where they've framed it to where vision quests, angels, and reincarnation are all true, but ultimately don't effect that much.
>>
>>94422251
Holy fucking shit. That was phenomenal. I would have never expected that from a Sonic show. Just, wow.
>>
>>94429513
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BltgwxObgVQ
>>
File: 1501710876287.png (466KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
1501710876287.png
466KB, 720x542px
>>94420965
>there was once a movie that actually pointed out, in its dialogue, how fucking stupid it is
>It's the Andy Kauffman flop HeatBleeps.
>>
>>94422539
The worst part is that people parade soldiers around like they're the goddamn pope. The amount of asskissing I've seen is unparalleled. No one criticizes the police to that degree, and they might have killed so many more people than just a singular villain.
>>
File: briangriffin.jpg (144KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
briangriffin.jpg
144KB, 2048x1536px
>Character is killed off strictly to generate an emotional response. It is even hyped up early on.
>Writers emphasize that there is no way they could possibly ever come back.
>Replace them with a new character.
>Immediately bring old character back like two episodes later.
>"Lol you seriously thought we'd kill him off for good? Are you high?"

It's the writers laughing about it that pisses me off the most. Pic related is the most recent version of this animation wise, but this happens constantly with soap operas, dramas, etc.
>>
File: Buckethead protestor.webm (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Buckethead protestor.webm
2MB, 800x600px
>>94428708
Maybe for you.
>>
>>94429439
this is more of perspective of the military rather than law enforcement

anything other than "he was shooting at me so i shot him back" is a sketchy excuse, even if a terrorist is holding an AK-47, you dont shoot back unless he is actually aiming his gun, and this goes double for someone like, say, superman for whom bullets will have no effect

and heroes are generally civilians extending the law, they are just speeding up the catching process of criminals, the guy who trips the robber for the police to catch
if a murdering psycho shoots you first and you shoot him back, that is acceptable, but if he has his hands above his head, you accept his surrender
the HRT wont shoot unless there is immediate and present danger, and shooting even a madman while he is unarmed sends the message that you are qualified to authorize executions
this goes beyond merely "doing your duty" and into the question of you being judge, jury, and executioner, since you apparently do not need due process, and people will only tolerate you for as long you can keep your PR
>>
>>94428957
Steven Universe, too.
>>
>>94423005
I like you.
>>
>>94427353
It does, because he can't snark his way out of awkward moments or throw the responsibility on something else. In that episode we saw him take action and he is very likable when he does.

It just makes him that much more tragic when it takes him losing his ability to communicate to show another side of him
>>
>>94423458
Roshi's going to use the REAL version of the Mafuba on him, which will kill them both.

It never set well with me that the ultimate move of Roshi's own master can be learned literally by watching it be executed. He's literally there at the tournament so he can probably use the REAL versions of his techniques.
>>
>>94429492
Bear in mind that the reason Vegeta was a much more consistent and interesting character in the Frieza and Saiyan saga was because Toriyama actually had those two sagas fully planned out. With Cell and Buu he just kept making shit up as he went, and forgetting about huge details like these.

He even admitted himself that he forgot a lot of the super saiyan forms because he just kept making that shit up on the fly.
>>
>character is sick or not 100%
>told to get well/help in the sidelines
>gets into the field because he/she wants to prove their worth. obviously makes a mess of things
>>
>characters know how to reach insane power level that would result in their death
>it's never explained how they obtained that knowledge
>>
>>94423189
literally never happened
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 250x241px
>episode begins
>episode ends
>>
>>94429672
>Roshi's going to use the REAL version of the Mafuba on him, which will kill them both.

Wait, what? The Mafuba wave only kills the user.
>>
>>94420612
>Christmas episode
>Random character is revealed as Jewish just to feature Hanukkah
>>
>>94429736

>Movie/show exists
>>
>>94429757
Now that everyone is 1000x stronger than they were when Mafuba was first introduced so no one dies from using it anymore. There are people speculating that the original version of Mafuba is suppose to seal AND destroy whoever it sucks up (even the bad guy during the Black Goku arc was fucking terrified after being sealed by the regular version of it for a few seconds, so it's probably suppose to erase you), but Roshi's master wasn't strong enough to pull that version off.
>>
>>94429672
>>94429757
Mafuba only kills the user, but for a brief moment it forces the victim into literally anything the user wants.

But we also discovered that the ability can be done without killing you as of Dragon Ball Super. They tried to use it on Zamasu. It sadly failed because they needed a specific seal to keep someone as powerful as a god contained, but it shows that it's possible. It also traumatized the fuck out of Zamasu, so it must be some scary shit
>>
>>94420965
Oh I can't fucking stand this one

I can be slow on the uptake with twists at points but I see this coming the instant it's set up and dread it for the rest of the film
>>
>>94422625
But what if it's simply for fashion sense? Or just something that's done casually? They cut their hair, but it grows back over time/changes on an episode to episode basis.

Bubblegum and Marceline's hair being an example of this.
>>
>>94422790
Your views on reality is based on the morals from comic books and cartoons, jesus.
Get your head out of the clouds and start living in reality.
Not all life is precious, redemption is not a right or even a privilege.
And no, this type of mindset doesn't make anyone 'evil.'
>>
File: Dragonball - Toriyama 1.png (315KB, 983x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonball - Toriyama 1.png
315KB, 983x1724px
>>94429686
But Toriyama also admitted that he was always making stuff up as he went along, even since the early Dragon Ball days. You're right in that he definitely was paying more attention to the basic outlines of his stories back then, but he was never a fan of writing interpersonal dynamics and often did extreme character changes it to spite his editors. It's why so many of kill-happy villains become "good guys" or get into romantic relationships with protagonists. It explains why he only likes Piccolo and Goku, all non-saiyans are rarely active, and why he makes all of his female characters obnoxious or unlikable.

He himself was never really into the Dragon Ball franchise even though he wrote it. He mainly used it to draw action scenes, write gags, and vent his frustration against his peers/superiors.
>>
>>94422989
THIS.
Also applies when it's not a transformation but just the character trying to make a new image of himself by dressing and behaving differently.
>>
>>94429015
Is that Hitler, ese?
>>
>>94429981
Oh no I'm aware. Toriyama stated that the only time he planned for a dragonball arc from start to end was with the Saiyan and Freiza saga. Before that he was making shit up, and after that he was making shit up.

Reason for this is because the Saiyan to Freiza saga were huge turning points in the series. Goku was given a much clearer backstory, aliens became a huge aspect, and the stakes were raised fairly high. The problem is that, once you make the story that serious, you can't really go back to improv writing.
>>
>>94421336
>Protagonist finds very effective technique or ability
>they just stop using it for no reason a few episodes later
Ash's Aura ability comes to mind with that. The Lucario movie showed he has Aura capability, and then the only other time it comes up is in at least two/three episodes in the Sinnoh saga.

Something that could potentially be amazingly useful and expanded more upon is simply forgotten and never brought up again.
>>
>Character gets some new character trait out of nowhere
>Everyone is like he always was like that
>Plot of the episode revolves around the trait (it's either a bad thing they have to solve or something that makes the character save the day)
>Next episode is completely forgotten
>>
>>94427517
>Super amazing powerful Ash-Greninja
>loses to a friggin Charizard

>super amazing powerful Goodra
>jobs to a friggin Bisharp

That tournament was a mess, but at least it wasn't Unova levels of bullshit
>>
File: 6QwCckQ1_400x400.png (142KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
6QwCckQ1_400x400.png
142KB, 256x256px
>>94420965
There are a few ways it can work, but writers tend to suck at planning for it.
>Really build up to it. Show how evidence piles up.
>Have the protagonist legit fuck up. Not in the way the person misunderstanding thinks, but they still messed up.
>Have the villain be subtly manipulating things or trying to make the protagonist take the fall. (This works best when we dont know who the villain is until the third act.)
>When the protagonist goes to apologize, the secondary character is willing to forgive.
>>
>>94422989
>Their transformed state has a more appealing design than their normal/human form
>they also have a more interesting personality

Beast from Beauty and the Beast
Scorpan from Midnight Castle
Holli from Cool World
>>
>>94421989
Kung Fury made fun of that trope
>Wait a minute. Using an RX modulator, I might be able to conduct a mainframe cell direct and hack the uplink to the download
>>
>>94421523
Reminder that Terry actually tried to kill Roger while thinking he was a Russian kid he adopted
>>
>>94430038
The Freeza Saga was suppose to be the end of Dragon Ball at one point, but then got changed to being the end of Goku being the main character.

The big thing that makes Boruto shit but DBZ still interesting in the Buu Saga and even into DBS is that there was always the sense of "There's always someone bigger and stronger" in DBZ. Naruto and Sasuke killed the God that created chakra, but we're suppose to believe that Burrito will be stronger than they'll ever be, while Gohan was ABSOLUTELY shown to be stronger than Goku during the end of the Cell Saga.
>>
File: fRSOrGF.png (417KB, 842x429px) Image search: [Google]
fRSOrGF.png
417KB, 842x429px
>>94422989
>Playing Chrono Trigger
>Based Frog
>His cursed form actually makes him MORE badass, giving him the ability to perform amazing techniques
>If I kill Magus, curse will be broken at games end
>If I don't, I'll never have avenged Cyrus
>>
>>94426648
a cop, in theory, uses his gun only in self-defence
his duty is to preserve the peace and order of society, the less violence of any kind, the better

their job in case of an assailant, first and foremost, is to prevent anyone from getting hurt
even if their target is literally satan, they should only use their gun if their life is in immediate danger and as a last resort, subduing or de-escalating should be their first course of action
british cops do not have, or need, guns

no one has the right to kill another person because you thought it was the best course of action, you are not a judge, jury, nor executioner and no one should have the powers of all 3, even people who go into a bad situation with weapons to kill someone, like the military, are acting as an extension of the executive branch, they were given this responsibility by the appropriate representative of the people, the people are in agreement that this must be done, not on the say so of an individual, and a soldier can, in theory, be court-martialed for acting outside of his jurisdiction

a superhero making a decision to kill outside of legitimate self-defense should therefore be willing to go to court and accept any punishment they receive
in real life, "excessive self-defence" is a very real crime, and if a normal joe can be convicted of this than so can a super being
and killing a maniac with no redemption might not get you in trouble today, it sets a very bad precedent for people in the future, it might be a fallacy to claim that it will cause more violence in the future, but not all cases are that clear cut, and you are not omniscient so the odds of slipping up are very real
>>
>>94430118
I see what you did there.

GJ. Good movie.
>>
>>94427430
she still got got in the end, not really a happy ending for her
>>
>>94426092
>>94427517
>>94430112
Ash always wins the post-game Tournaments but will never beat a main League because the show has basically established that as it's version of "becoming a Pokemon Master".

If you want to be really mad, watch all of Battle Frontier and then Diamond and Pearl up to his first badge win.
>>
>>94430136
Dont forget her
>>
>>94421153

This works if someone instead goes "I don't follow" or something like that, which is reasonable if one doesn't have a background in whatever is being explained. It's when another character goes "ENGLISH PLEASE, POINDEXTER" that it's annoying.
>>
>>94430057
I understand being annoyed at that, I was too for quite a while.
Only thing is, you're just annoyed at a 20 year long videogame commercial, not a legitimate show.
>>
>>94421889
>street thugs that conveniently have one of every race
>>
>>94430566
because in the end, the only color that matters is "green"

i wish i could remember what cartoon that was from. some new age hippie got sent to jail and his "go green" convinced all the various gangs to get along (skinheads can buy from the blacks, latinos can trade contraband with the asians).
>>
File: konfused.png (59KB, 412x418px) Image search: [Google]
konfused.png
59KB, 412x418px
>>94429710
>>
>>94429622
>this is more of perspective of the military rather than law enforcement
Ask a cop who's been in a fire fight what they would do if you caught up with a child rapist/mass murders (like the boston bombers). Ask them what they would do if they didn't have their body cam's, if they didn't have to answer to anyone, if they didn't have to worry about their job being at stake. All those things are the confines of how 'heroes' operate. Bleeding heart civilians, who have no idea what it's like to be in a situation to like that, to carry the burden of decisions of life or death on their shoulders, they have no idea and are ready to condemn actions they don't agree with.
>this goes beyond merely "doing your duty"
You're a 'hero' outside the law already, you have no duty, you have no chain of command to answer too. I assume you want to stop crime and are not just doing it for kicks. Why are you assuming that these 'heroes' should follow the procedure of law enforcement?

The Punisher is the most realistic 'hero' that would actually create an impact in the crime rates. A perfect hero, a hero that can solve the problems and stop bad things from happening, all while staying within the confines of the law and getting anyone hurt/dead, even the villains, that type of perfect hero is boring and unrealistic.

Back to the original point, there's a difference between killing and murder, a legal, social, and even a religious difference. Killing a man who is a murderer does not make you a automatically make you a murderer.
>>
>>94427367
h a n n a h
thanks for reminding me of how awful that whole arc was.
>>
>>94427898
That's not what I meant at all you dumb idiot
>>
>>94421101

>webcomics that use isms, jokes, and vocabulary similar to the way people "talk" online or on boards

Really gingles my gangles.
>>
>>94430231
>a cop, in theory, uses his gun only in self-defence
thats already incorrect
>>
>>94430751
As opposed to Aang who was even more incompetent
>>
>>94430949
Completely irrelevant, Aang's a dude.
>>
>>94421101
Okay, I get the rest, but where do you get vaguely cockney from?
>>
>>94422989
I kinda thought this of Beatrice from OTGW
>>
>Villain creates a new weapon/strategy that will easily accomplish their master plan. - or - Hero develops new move/technique/gadget that will 100%, easily, once and for all end the epic battle that is their life.
>Some random event/wild card variable/unforeseen actions/buggy glitch just happens to prevent that ultimate event from occurring.
>Scraps project never to be used again, even though a tiny adjustment or simply retrying the strategy is almost guaranteed to work.
>>
>>94431173
I see this in a lot of threads like this, but any examples?
>>
File: 1490701328478.gif (3MB, 368x273px) Image search: [Google]
1490701328478.gif
3MB, 368x273px
>>94422698
>Phantom Limb starts the whole "We're not so different" bit to Brock
>Brock has none of it
>>
>>94421644
I'll add on

>siblings, friends, parents want to have a silly party

>character wants to be mature so the other group have their own party

>the "mature" event is a fuckign cricket graveyard

>all of the attendees ditch and go to the "fun" group

>character comes around and goofs with the others

Triple rage if
>silly group invades the serious party, cause mayhem

>all of the guests love it and the character ends up pretending it was their idea

Basically the same thing as

>character wants to be "grown up" or take on responsibilities
>this means literally no enjoyment allowed and having to do everything ever themselves
>goes back to being blissful child

There's a genuine moral in not suppressing emotion to appear sophisticated, or appreciating childhood, but fuck this
>>
>>94428957
JLU has the best instance of this where the VAs don't change but they try to mimic the other instead.
>>
>>94422251
Proof that the less involved a studio is with a show the better it can be. Sonic Boom is pretty much all but swept under the rug by CN and it has legitimate 10/10 moments because the writes can basically do as they want. Similar thing with Ghost Stories, the dub team was given free reign to try and make the show good and every instance of a fuck to give was completely absent.
>>
>>94420694
How often does that happen really? Isn't "we must work together" usually the solution except parody of that trope which usually ends with both sides fucking up.
>>
File: 3791582.png (42KB, 512x667px) Image search: [Google]
3791582.png
42KB, 512x667px
I am not sure if this is a trope per se, but the plot of a movie following the
>Good guy does something
>Works with team
>reaches "peak"
>bad shit happens
>Team breaks apart
>Lowest of Low
>Finds hope
>Gets everyone back
>Beat the big bad/problem

I notice it so much it hurts me
>>
File: 1479938387163.png (538KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479938387163.png
538KB, 650x600px
>>94420319
>He hates the Simpsons
>>
>>94430961
hurrr
>>
>crossover happens
>two villain characters team to crush the heroes
>for some reason they don't trust each other
>plan to sabotage one another's plans
>at the height of the showdown between heroes and villains, the villains fuck up each others shit and doom themselves to a double team ass kicking
The Mega Man and Sonic crossover was kino shit, but the Wily/Eggman betrayal did not have to happen.
>>
>>94428957
>>94429627
Sonic boom as well
>>
>>94420199
>communications are scrambled, but enough actual words can be heard

I h** w**n th** ha*p**, w*** it* *i** t**s i**t*** it* **c* *e**er.,
>>
>>94420199
>Character's body gets stolen by another character
>Other character proceeds to make that character's life as shitty as possible
>>
>>94431400
Thats just the basic structure of a three act movie.
>>
>>94431683
Examples?
>>
>>94431683
These are often just uncomfortable to watch
>>
>>94431683
>Character's body gets stolen by another character
>Other character just wants to enjoy first characters life

Wasp....Wasp had a hard life.
>>
>>94423124
I'm guessing it's Toffee
>>
>>94423124
Toffee from SvtFoE comes to mind
>>
>>94422625
Fuck you short hair is cute
>>
>>94432153
>Not liking girls with hair so long they could use it like a blanket.
>>
>>94429833
>>94420612
>Christmas episode
>Kwanzaa gets a passing mention
>>
>>94432277
FRUITCAKE GREW INTO A FRUIT TREEEE
>>
File: 142442223224.jpg (25KB, 364x366px) Image search: [Google]
142442223224.jpg
25KB, 364x366px
>>94420470
>girl is a all around shit character
>people defend her cause shes hot

>>94422989
literally Midna
>>
>>94421396
I get it for some settings but why would they talk in Standard American?
>>
>>94430985
...you wanted to fuck the bird?
>>
>>94423360
Well yeah, they killed him, not like faffing about being sad about what happened helps anyone.
>>
>>94422845
i thought this was modded new vegas for a short second
>>
File: kwanzabot.jpg (64KB, 623x355px) Image search: [Google]
kwanzabot.jpg
64KB, 623x355px
>>94432277
>I've been handing these out for 647 years...
>>
>>94428068
Ok Ko
>>
>>94429961

NO MAN IS EVER TRULY GOOD
>>
>>94422845
I'm also annoyed by this. Zombies still have human teeth. They shouldn't be able to rip through denim jeans let alone leather jackets. Hell, they could even cover their exposed skin with duct tape if they were in a pinch.
>>
File: stopped.jpg (13KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
stopped.jpg
13KB, 250x272px
>>94429736
>book ends
>>
>>94427955
Denim clothes. You can't bite through it.
>>
>>94432428
Fuck off true form is best.
>>
>>94427955
Chew through your pants right now and tell me how easy it is.
>>
>>94420470
You just described real life.
>>
>>94427367
>>94427367
That is /co/
You described John Stewart and Fatality
>>
>>94433511
its shit and you know it, looks like God awful cosplay
>>
>>94432428
>what is asuka
>>
>>94428708
>Well that just unfashionable, darling.
hmmm...
>>
File: 1482358966102.jpg (154KB, 557x595px) Image search: [Google]
1482358966102.jpg
154KB, 557x595px
>>94420199
>Two old friends meet up after years
>start insulting one another and feigning hostility
>characters all think they are being sincere and a fight is approaching
>ends with a pause, both characters start smiling and laughing, exclaim each other's names, go in for a hug

Seen it too many times, kind of sick of it.
>>
File: laughs.jpg (36KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.jpg
36KB, 570x380px
>>94422251
Fucking tenouttaten I love Sonic Boom
>>
>>94422790
>Guy wants to kill someone who's a murderous, evil, unrepentant, rapist and rid the world of absolute scum like that for the sake of betterment
>Lel you're a child, the life of this example of genuine human evil has potential

U wat. I can get not being down with murder, but that sentiment is just retarded
>>
File: azula chained.gif (998KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
azula chained.gif
998KB, 500x350px
>>94420470
>not wanting to tame the show's bitch
>>
File: default_puyo-puyo-tetris-ringo.jpg (40KB, 420x480px) Image search: [Google]
default_puyo-puyo-tetris-ringo.jpg
40KB, 420x480px
>>94420612

>Satan = Santa Claus
>X-mas always is invented by greedy corporations
>>
>>94421627
Proud Family did some things right.
>>
>>94420199
>rich girl or princess have perfect life, nothing to worry
>she has no Responsibilities, she is free to do wahtever she wants
> OH BUH BUH BUH, MY LIFE IS SO BORING

>but them the onloy fucking time her parents ask her to do something important in her holy fuck life, she go full bitch
>she almost destroy the entire family or cause a war.
> in the end everyone agree that ask for a bit responsibility from her is wrong and she must be free, MUH GURL POWER.
>>
>>94421697
>SJW
That was the opposite of sjw, you goober

>>94422251
Ahhh, cathartic
>>
>>94434595
>liking worst girl
>>
>plot happens because people jump to conclusions assume the shit out of things and refuse to confront or talk things out.
>>
>>94427916
It's not /co/ related but the resident evil 3 intro comes to mind. Seeing all those heavily armed cops and Umbrella's hired guns getting their ass's kicked by zombies was just lame.
>>
>>94434806

generic plot aside, who approved this model?

all elements look too far from each other
>>
>>94432616
did you know most people aren't 100% infallible, hyper logical robots?
>>
File: beastbelle.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
beastbelle.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>94422989

Beast was so freaking cool.
>>
>>94430301

racist
>>
>>94430136
>What could've been

fug
>>
>>94428708
Shut up, Rarity.
>>
File: 1501221240117.png (467KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501221240117.png
467KB, 500x500px
>>94420199
>you dont need to fight, problems are solved through words
>>
File: 1501193351353.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501193351353.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>Have a cartoon with a likeable cast
>Cartoon gets a sequel and the whole cast is absent except for the main character hanging out with new shit ones
>>
>>94420527
>ACTUAL ONGOING EMERGENCY OH GOD
>FIRE EVERYWHERE
>ELECTRONIC LOCKS FAIL

And thats why its called fail-safe; it fails to the safest possibility.

It actually peeves me how destroying it makes it locked.
>>
>>94430118
>Have the villain be subtly manipulating things or trying to make the protagonist take the fall.

How didnt I see?!
>>
>Villain character genuinely turns a new leaf and becomes a functioning member of society.
>Hero, people of the city or unfortunate circumstance causes to go back to being a Villain because of the status quo.
It hurts every time.
>>
File: 1501867502240.jpg (89KB, 1024x561px) Image search: [Google]
1501867502240.jpg
89KB, 1024x561px
>>94435707
>Villain becomes a hero and doesa better job than the protagonist
>Protagonist turns him back to villainy by bullying him cause of jealously
>>
>>94430770
The Punisher is a vigilante well outside the confines of the law, anon. Pretty sure he started off worse too
>>
>>94422768
I thought you were talking about Family Guy for a moment.

>Meg is flanderized into punching bag over the seasons
>Rebels
>Family starts dishing on each other instead of her
>Family breaking apart
>Meg realizes she's the family's lighting rod
>Goes back to being a punching bag, all is well.
>>
File: tumblr_ot815wrPUI1vfc205o1_540.gif (2MB, 540x389px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ot815wrPUI1vfc205o1_540.gif
2MB, 540x389px
>>94435671
>She endorses Judy as a police officer, keeps her from getting fired, and also gives her the case.
>She gladly gives security cam access to Nick and Judy because she knows they are looking for the captured preds, and she wants them to be discovered.
>While getting the info she points out non-chalantly how the Mayor is a bully to make him an easy suspect to doubt.
>She pushes Judy to make a speech at the news conference, knowing she would fuck it up. Then she pulls her from the podium when she tries to explain herself.
>After getting her to cut ties with Nick, she tries to promote Judy to make her a political tool. Judy refuses, which Bellweather didnt mind, as no one found out or suspected her.

It was subtle as hell but it's chilling how much Bellweather influenced Judy's path in the movie.
>>
>>94435341
I almost fucking threw up you heathen
>>
>>94430225
>Realize this is by design
>You need to choose between having amazing skills / badass looks and your honor.
>>
>Group of characters in a scary setting, like a haunted house or castle.
>A noise can be faintly heard from beyond, which sounds similar to a growl or howling
>Character A: "I better hope that's your stomach, [insert name designated fatfuck character]"
>>
>>94426424
star vs.
adventure time.
gumball.

no, it doesn't count if 'they're upfront about it'.
>>
>>94435792
It could be applied to pretty much any status quo change in circumstances for a character

The one that gets under my skin the most is

>character gets money
>Character loses money

Thank Sucrose Greg escaped that trap
>>
>>94429736
>it has a beginning,middle and end
>>
>>94426092
>>94430278
Yeah, but he could have won a tournament, just to move to the next tournament.

A Master is a master of all tournaments. It could be a lesson on how mastery is forever a goal instead. There are many other moments "Losing is OK, its just a stepping stone in the path to mastery" could be taught.

All the Pokemon anime teaches is that struggle is futile.
>>
>>94435881
>Becoming muscular or learning martial-arts makes you a bloodthirsty meathead.
>Becoming Rich makes you a posh asshole with no sense of loyalty.
>Becoming smart makes you a mad scientist with no common sense.
>Becoming Pretty/Handsome makes u
You extremely selfish and vain.
Status Quo/Life Lessons strike again.
>>
>>94430949
how.
>>
>>94420411
kek
>>
>>94435341
what the fuck
>>
>>94435986
I've always been disgruntled with the episode where Squidward moves away and eventually gets bored and moves back despite being miserable next to spongebob and patrick

If the squid community was too boring, why not just find a spot somewhere else in bikini bottom that isn't right next door to the bane of your existence
>>
>One character is being a complete ass toward another for no reason/personal gain
>Character has enough of their shit and pushes back
>Gets in trouble
>>
>>94422052
Youd love Snow Piercer
>>
>>94435870
>Gumball
Does it even count for shows that dont even have background lore or canon continuity though?
>>
File: IMG_1184.jpg (33KB, 425x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1184.jpg
33KB, 425x503px
>It's a episode were the MC babysitting
>>
>>94430223

I keep hearing that the Frieza saga and the Cell saga was when the series was supposes to end, but I have seen no proof from the original author. This whole this saga was the end is just fans saying "I feel like this saga was the right place to end it."
>>
>>94420319
>Siblings of both genders
>The girl is always the smart and responsible one and the boy is always the dumb and inmature one.

Is there ANY western show that doesn´t do this
>>
>Im not going to repeat myself
>repeats himself multiple times in the same episode
>>
>>94436423
Gravity Falls
>>
>>94436423
What direction does Australia count as?
>>
>Nothing bad ever happens to an attractive/cute female
>>
>>94427678
which shows, I only remember this from icarly which isnt really /co/ related
>>
>>94436527
Is technically in the east, but I guess it could be considered as culturally western.
>>
>>94435851
Triggered fattie
>>
>>94436527
>>94436563
I always thought western meant western europe and places with western european influences.
>>
>>94435851
>Fat character's entire personality is being a food-obsessed retard
>>
>>94429492

"The way DBZ wipes all that stuff under the rug is ridiculous."

Not really, some of the fighters did told Vegeta off for his actions, which is ironic since almost all the Z-fighters were villains that killed and just changed their ways. While Vegeta did killed, he did also help hero in all of the saga and showed potential to be turn over a new leaf. And the only reason he was given his body back was to help Goku defeat Buu.
>>
>>94420199
>body swap episode
>the voices follow the minds.

Takes the fun out of it when whos who is too obvious to the viewer.
>>
>> cape buster organizations or superhuman hate groups create weapons to eradicate supers
>> failed to realize that said weapons will turn on them.

These guys are better off drinking paint bleach cocktails.
>>
>o great, this is the part where he kills us
>chapter: the part where he killls you
>hello, this is the part where i kill you
>achievement unlocked: the part where he kills you
>this is that part
>"the part where he kills you" starts playing
>>
>>94435156
Yeah but who just randomly reminisces about something that recently happened? Do you go on exposition of your past and how it affects you every other hour?
>>
>>94436423
Is this trope an issue when the girl is several years older?
>>
>>94437135
Not really.
>>
>grizzled veteran character doesn't actually use any tactics and gets his ass beat by kids
>a knife to the stomach/kidney/general torso area somehow equates to instant death
>character throws away or loses any form of cool gear, or worse yet never uses it even if they have it
>any form of instant teleporting or high speed power that makes a fight 60% "teleports behind you"
>>
>>94430231
My point is society would never look down on these "justiciers" except to those few who think they are better and would not give in to these completely relatable impulses
Don't think this is the norm here in Brazil, but cops have shot down store robbers before the bandits even saw what was coming and they were praised by the people with exception of these "social critics"
>>
File: Primeval-S4-Exploding-Banner.jpg (23KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
Primeval-S4-Exploding-Banner.jpg
23KB, 640x357px
>>94421400
>>
>>94420199
I've been waiting for this

>character bares heart and soul for another character
>it turns out they didn't see it

>villain is evil because of some stupid sob story bullshit

>a character that is infinitely more interesting/fun to watch than the MC barely gets screentime

>villain tries blending in with society for an episode, the episode focuses on them interacting with another major character for most of the episode with an obvious betrayal at the end instead of them trying to fit in with the average population despite their extremely warped ideals, code of ethics and worldviews

>villain has hero dead to rights, they're completely fucked here
>they monologue/pull some stupid bullshit that prolongs the situation enough for said hero to escape

>the finale involves multiple people besides the protagonist fighting the antagonist, bonus points if a bunch of minor characters nobody gives a shit about join in

>technobabble

>character got a shitload of treasure
>it gets swapped out for something with comparatively no value
>>
>>94437551
>villain is evil because of some stupid sob story bullshit
This is fine when done right.

>the finale involves multiple people besides the protagonist fighting the antagonist
I don't even see how this is a problem.
>>
>>94437603
>This is fine when done right
This applies to virtually everything ever. The trope is generally just fucking annoying.

Having multiple people fight the antagonist generally just brings the tension factor down for me personally. It's not really scary when there's like half a dozen major characters going up against the antagonist. It's not an objectively horrible trope, but I prefer my finale fights to be a one-on-one.
>>
File: 1501866830243.png (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501866830243.png
55KB, 400x400px
>>94420411
And on the flip side.

>impact knocks characters off their feet
>Lady lands on top of the man
>stares him in the eyes for 3 seconds
>"You have geeen eyes...I never noticed before...."
>"Well...[Something cheesy]?"
>"Yes well I...I..."
>And then they kiss.
>>
>>94436527
>>94436563
>>94436622
Australia is part of the West, along with New Zealand.
>>
>>94438004
Yeah.
>>
>>94431584
I can't decipher the part after the comma.
>>
>>94433511
Midna's true form is literally a reskinned Zelda.
>>
>>94437783
>see pic
>would totally do that if i could

I guess it's a good thing I'm not a woman, because I'd be even more of a disgusting slob than I am now.
>>
>>94421385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3XgpPhUEFE
The creator of boondocks was entirely transparent about why there's no black women in the boondocks
>>
>>94421481
Why do people watch anime?
>>
>>94435839
Personally, I always go with honor.

I know Magus is a great character to have in you party, but I just can't NOT kill him. So I always do
>>
>>94428658
Don't forget Jeremy's sister from Phineas & Ferb.
>>
why are so many people talking about dragonball

that shit's not /co/
>>
>>94438042
Our top cryptoanalysts and signals intelligence men have managed to decrypt the message

Message Follows: "I hate when that happens, when its like this instead its much better"
>>
>>94430949
aang being "incompetent" doesn't detract from korra being incompetent.
>>
File: 1501687363556.png (361KB, 859x605px) Image search: [Google]
1501687363556.png
361KB, 859x605px
>episode is about racism
>it's painted as a bad thing
>>
>>94429883
Mafuba only kills you when used on someone stronger than you
>>
File: chp9.jpg (28KB, 861x315px) Image search: [Google]
chp9.jpg
28KB, 861x315px
>>94437010
to be fair, i think portal 2 was the only one to take it to such an extreme
>>
>I can't do it
>You can do it
>*does it*
>>
File: toby.jpg (31KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
toby.jpg
31KB, 550x400px
>>94420199
>webcomic
>male protag is an absolute pushover beta cuck
>>
>>94438398
You couldn't do that, it wouldn't hold, would be too far to reach fomfortably, flip over the moment you moved and require specific clothes otherwise it would just fall off. And with specific clothes you might as well try it with no boobs.
>>
>>94429621
>Boss has a second health bar.jpg
>>
>>94440401
You don't like being represented?
>>
>>94428876
Even fast zombies would get cut down by a few guys with machine guns. People like to talk up Soviet human wave tactics but they weren't actually used that often because high command realized how ineffective they were, and those guys had guns and a working brain, mindless zombies wouldnt stand a chance.
>>
>>94422625
this can be good for practical reasons,in an /a/ related thing a female character cuts her hair after being defeated in battle for having it grabbed
>>
>>94422052
LOK had the worst example of this I'd ever seen.
>>
>>94440640
Come on anon, you didn't have to do him dirty like that
>>
File: 1500553387172.jpg (24KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1500553387172.jpg
24KB, 436x436px
>>94440640
I find shows like Konosuba represent a selfish asshole shitter like me a lot more accurately.
>>
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (39KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (10).jpg
39KB, 960x720px
>>94432838
Bingo
>>94428948
Hey, Mung knew most of what he was doing
>>
>>94428948
>Mob Psycho 100
Nigga you take that back right now.
>>
File: sonfuck.png (1MB, 999x782px) Image search: [Google]
sonfuck.png
1MB, 999x782px
>characters get hurt during stunt and/or it causes huge collateral damage
>that
>was
>AWESOME
>>
>>94434220
I can only vaguely recall one instance of this, give me some examples
>>
>>94420199
"fantastic voyage," "heroes answer distress signal in space and pick up crew only for said rescued to betray them for own motive." Both tropes are gross violations of bodily autonomy and trust.
>>
>>94441249
i can live with the first, especially in a comedy
the second one is pretty infuriating, and not very practical
>>
>>94425844
>oc tier annoyance
Dominator literally destroyed every single planet in the galaxy, save one. The only reason why we never get to watch her brutally kill off a planet's population is because WOY is a kid's show.
>>
>>94421101
Really just
>Fantasy setting
>British

Fuck LOTR and GOT.
>>
File: DJT.png (134KB, 800x698px) Image search: [Google]
DJT.png
134KB, 800x698px
>>94422695
>I kind of like it when two characters from different species have to communicate non-verbally and end up being able to understand and respect each other in a meaningful way.
Not /co/ but Star Trek TNG had something similar happen in one episode
>>
>>94421400
>we will never get a proper ending for Agent Carter
>>
Whenever there is a rap/hip-hop song in the middle of an episode, I will almost always hate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM
This one is an exception, purely for the breakdown at the end.
>>
File: eww.jpg (10KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
eww.jpg
10KB, 236x213px
>>94441986
FUCK WRONG VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRZ2Sh5-XuM
>>
File: luigi.jpg (50KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
luigi.jpg
50KB, 640x1136px
>>94442018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc9AS1XcoAU
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING
>>
>>94421400
Worse than that: the main plot is unresolved.

Too many shows to count that pulled this whale shit.
>>
File: 1466485643284s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1466485643284s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
>>94441986
>>94442018
>>94442046
This is why I stay up all night, thanks anon
>>
>>94436643
lard detected
>>
>>94421960
Late to the party but I remember that China's version of Cinderella at first had the younger sibling as the evil one because of some cultural shit in China about the older siblings being more respected.
>>
>>94436510
Rektd
>>
File: 1387579738399.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1387579738399.gif
2MB, 310x325px
>character is kind of a jerk
>his retribution is disproportionate to his actions and causes him massive grief.
>>
>>94441183
I've heard this unfunny subversion nearly a dozen times.
>>
>>94430278
You can win the tournament and still lose to the E4. The tournaments are just a way to set up who gets to challenge the Pokemon league.
>>
File: CobraCommander.jpg (96KB, 516x707px) Image search: [Google]
CobraCommander.jpg
96KB, 516x707px
>I'm a crime lord with a long history of terrorism, theft, & extortion.
>But at least I don't sell marijuana!
>Teams up with the heroes to fight Drug Man.
>>
>>94442225
You can't blame the writers or "tropes" for that though.
Unless it's a show that already went on for like 8 seasons and still didn't resolve it, or a show that spent all its time on filler material, in which case fuck 'em.
>>
File: que-in-spanish.jpg (28KB, 710x390px) Image search: [Google]
que-in-spanish.jpg
28KB, 710x390px
>>94421229
>puerto rican character
>randomly speaks like a chicano or a venezuelan ex president
>>
>>94436643
just like in real life
>>
>>94423005
good post.
>>
>>94437338
>Brazil
3rd world gonna 3rd world
>>
>>94427367
All of Assassination Classroom
>>
>>94430770
>Cops shoot people all the time because they've been too militarized.
>somehow this makes a citizen murdering another citizen ok
What did he mean by this?
>>
>MC sees the ghost of Elvis on Union avenue
>>
>>94436423
That 70s show? Eric was the mature one compared to his older sister.
>>
>>94421516
You must really fucking hate the Rocky series then.
>>
>>94435239
Is she crying?
>>
>>94438794

Did you ever find out his backstory? He had it really ruff.
>>
File: 6347289.jpg (62KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
6347289.jpg
62KB, 350x500px
>Introducing tiny bug-eyed animals to sell toys
The only thing I liked about the Barbie movies were the 'bloopers' at the end but in the last one I watched 90% of them were the little hellspawn dancing
>>
File: 4637829.jpg (164KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
4637829.jpg
164KB, 720x480px
>>94447843
This thing too
>>
File: IMG_5077.jpg (90KB, 659x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5077.jpg
90KB, 659x1000px
>>94443798
That reminds me
>character is originally a badass
>turn him into a Californian surfer dude for one movie
>>
>>94422052
Trigun made this a central plot point until a situation came where the Vash couldn't choose both
>>
File: 1491649113748.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491649113748.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>angsty teen
>unreasonable
>unbridled teenage rage

Good Lord, I fucking hate this
>>
>>94422369
>quoting highschool text books instead of forming your own opinion
>>
>>94435942
A.) Pokemon Master is an end goal; not a real step

B.) Ash HAS been improving over the years

C.) Again, watch Battle Frontier. In Battle Frontier, Ash shows the culmination of everything he's learned as a trainer and ends with them offering him the position of being a Frontier Brain, which he refuses because it would keep him from adventuring.
>>
>>94436299
There's a big list somewhere of the times where he says "I have to keep going so the fans won't be disappointed" and the fact that he referred to Freeze as his idea of the ultimate villain.
>>
>>94436423
dexter's lab
>>
>>94431198
oh man, i can't think of any specifics ATM, kinda drunk
Dexter's Lab is the only one i can think of right now, and nothing specific
He makes this awesome technology that can solve world hunger or whatever and Dee Dee's dance music, something something, interferes with the broadcast of the radio waves (whatever plot line they had) and ruins his plans
If he tried it again, at night while Dee Dee was sleeping, it would work perfectly, but nope. It failed once, kind of, so into the trash bin with you.
>>
>new character is introduced to main cast
>at first he seems nice but then he starts causing trouble for them
>they all hate on him and make him sad
>it ends with him fixing the problems he caused and everyone loves him now

This especially sucks when they know he can cause trouble again, but trust him anyway.
>>
>>94426869
admit it, it was funny when portal 2 did it
>>
File: 1470816890800.png (286KB, 303x663px) Image search: [Google]
1470816890800.png
286KB, 303x663px
>setting takes place in outer space/ other planets
>"Ugh... we have to go visit EARTH?? What a garbage heap! EARTH is the WOEST planet! The people who live there are the WORST"
>>
>>94421127
Nice
>>
>>94434220
I like this one f u its not my fault you dont have any friends
>>
>>94451002
makes sense
humans cant space travel, still use chemical propellant rockers, and still shoot each other a lot instead of uniting as a species to present themeselves to the galactic community

it would be like visiting detroit
>>
>>94422251
This show is really fucking based.
>>
>>94421281
Except none of those faggots even read anything with Gwen. They're all masturbating over Spider-Gwen, not even realising that that actual Gwen's greatest accomplishment was dying
>>
>>94431322
you got any books written by black people?
>>
>>94426424
Aqua Teen
Dexter's Lab
Courage the Cowardly Dog
>>
>>94420470
>tfw you deliberately create a lady character to be as evil and murderous as possible and people still just want to fuck her
>>
>>94443798
>Joker turning against Red Skull
>>
File: 1500666497304.gif (351KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
1500666497304.gif
351KB, 263x239px
>>94420199

>show has naive geocentric worldview that everything about earth is wonderful
>Never shows the length of depravity humanity can go to
>Tries to pass it off as objectively true

I also hate when the opposite is true

>Aliens/culture/group of people shown to be completely perfect
>Humanity/culture/group of people shown to have no redeeming qualities
>Protagonist leaves original evil group and joins 'good guys' without losing anything of consequence and in certain cases leaving 'evil' group to die for attacking out self preservation that's made to look completely evil

Like for once can there be stories like this that balance things out where two groups of people come together despite flaws in planets and cultures and solve a problem that can't be answered by either group? Or at least be more grey?
>>
>>94421618
>have you ever punched someone's fist
yes and jesus christ did it hurt
>>
>>94422369
Problem is that when it is established that the villain is a murdering son of a bitch (that killed over a million BTW) and does it out of sheer pleasure, then you don't go goody-two-shoes on them, you don't put them in prison but execute them due to the fact that the villain will escape a prison sooner or later since the government are idiots and cheapskates who rather building an actual prison for super-villains they build it out of wet tissue paper. There is a difference between a villain who simply is greedy but does everything to avoid taking someone's life if it can be avoided (and if he does kill then he may have regrets over it, especially if the killed one was an innocent bystander and it was an accident) and a asshole that is a nihilistic cunt who loves to spread carnage and destruction.

And if he's also as insane as the likes of Joker, then even more so since he's an even bigger threat here. And no, even madness has its limits here. There is a difference between a normal madman and a murderous madman. If the latter kills millions, then you shoot them since their very existence is too dangerous to let them be alive.
>>
>>94422369
>At what point does killing someone become justified?

When by not killing them you cause the death of others. I'm a very big believer in the concept of "If you can prevent it, and you don't? You're partially responsible." Our legal system upholds that moral to a lesser extent, where if you don't try to prevent a crime from happening via legal means you can be charged as an accessory. Even if you see that shit happening in an alley and you just choose to walk away, by not alerting the authorities you're legally aiding and abetting a crime.

There's no room for "oh but is it justified to kill this man before he kills five hundred people." Batman has been accessory to every crime the Joker committed since the first time he caught the slippery clown fuck.
>>
>>94422369
>Is the loss of your future good deeds equal to the loss of the villain's bad deeds?
You don't know what might happen, who might need saving and how would that stop you or anyone from doing it again. There will be other heroes to save people, some people will manage just fine without being saved by a hero. On the other hand if you're at the point where a villain needs killing you know for sure that he will keep on doing whatever he is doing. Preventing future violent crimes is far more effective than potential damage control that might or might not happen, especially since there are already normal people like police or firefighters whos job is exactly damage control for the most part. In real world there aren't many realistic situations where a person has to be eliminated, and in those cases the government takes care of them. If you're a moral hero who can't stand killing someone no matter how dangerous they are without being told to you can always consult whoever is responsible for keeping serious threats down, like military, and they will almost certainly authorize you to do it.
>should I kill this criminal who keeps killing people and causing panic and destruction and has no signs of ever stopping?
>yeah, we would send a team to do it but since he's not a regular human they can't handle him so we need someone to take care of him once and for all
>>
>>94421960
Jeremy's sister in Phineas and the green one
>>
>>94420694
South Park had the best reversal in episode where Cartman goes to jail. Half of the girls die in the sled race.
>>
>has a character i want to fuck

god
>>
>>94420527
What if it was to a ship in space? Wouldn't its fail-safe be to lock it?
>>
>>94443856
It's still annoying and can lead to empty-calorie fanfiction
>>
>>94443798
Even evil has standards.

>>94453423
Because even if you are Joker you must fight for the American way.

>>94449559
I like this trope when the aforementioned angsty teen matures.
>>
>>94453733
Yeah. As if they can't hit the middleground and show that humanity and the world are morally gray.
>>
>>94454924
>> self-proclaimed higher beings judge humanity for even minor and insignificant offenses
>> Yet no one uses "the first stone" defense
>>
File: bye_denise.png (263KB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
bye_denise.png
263KB, 490x360px
>Girl character wants to come along and help
>Told to stay behind because it's too dangerous

Fuck you Pro-Stars.
>>
>>94421400
guess more people should have watched it then the studio wouldn't have cancelled it - or did a Star Trek and fan campaigned it back on, I understand though, no fourth final series of the Borgias, not even a TV movie to wrap it up due to low audience and high budget, shame
>>
File: DBVIbVCUQAATB5x.jpg (114KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DBVIbVCUQAATB5x.jpg
114KB, 1200x675px
>Female equivalent of suit/armor design is less practical
>Omits a lot of elements that made male equivalent suit/armor cool

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>94455470
What's the most annoying is when the people telling her to stay behind are professionals, either superhumans or trained soldiers, and she's a regular civilian. So instead of telling her to stay behind because she's a civilian they tell her to stay because she's a girl, then she obviously ignores that and tries to help, and she either gets into trouble, which is infuriating because what else was she expecting, or she manages to save asses of the professional team somehow. There is no "progressiveness" by making character who has no reason to be competent suddenly competent. Just treat the character as she should be, if she is established to be a badass then nobody who knows her would question her involvement, and if she's not then pushing her into the action just shows how irresponsible she is, just because the writers need artificial drama and forced morals.
>>
File: noodlesqueeze.png (153KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
noodlesqueeze.png
153KB, 504x360px
>It's a Road Warrior episode
>>
>>94454909
And after they defeat Drug Man, Evil Man can make off with the weapons & money while Good Man is basking in winning the good fight.

>>94453423
"Don't destroy America! That's where I keep my stuff and my things!"
>>
Bending the rules of a game to fit your description in which gives a upper hand in the battle.
>>
>>94430112
True, Alain win might be a whole lot of bullshit, but at least he was a esbashlised character who played a important part in the series, even before he was introduced proper in the XYZ part of Kalos.

Cameron on the other hand can go jump off a cliff and impale himself stomach first on a spiky rock.
>>
>>94443798
COPS pulled this shit too.
>>
>>94430566
To be fair, there's nothing more multicultural than a bunch of guys ganging up and shooting people in the streets, almost every culture has it
>>
File: boredcbg.gif (449KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
boredcbg.gif
449KB, 500x281px
>it's girl scout cookie sales season
>girls in the troop range from jackbooted thugs to scam artists and they manage to con/blackmail/force even the character who takes no shit into buying a pallet of cookies

Tough-devious-little-kid trope is stale in general, but this is the most odious version by far.
>>
>>94421618
Fuck you I love this shit. It's unrealistic and cheesy but works perfectly from a cinematic perspective to show the clash between two powerful personalities.
>>
>>94456887
Most countries have fairly strict gun control, so no, people getting shot is generally a very rare occurrence unless you live in a third world country or America.
>>
>>94422369
You make a really fucking good point here. I think that a lot of street tier shows do a good job with playing with this moral complexity. Like, Full Metal Alchemist wrestles with that a lot. But what's important is that those shows never deal with the level and scale that guys like Batman have to deal with. The Joker isn't a common serial killer, he's a mass murderer who can and will escape from prison, cannot be held by any logical systems, is far, FAR beyond the point of return, and will kill many, many more people if he escapes.

Batman doesn't save the Joker because it makes Batman a good person. In universe it shows just how much of a selfish mess Batman is that for all his dark and gritty talk he can't bring himself to a single murder that would make his life more boring, out of universe it's so that Joker can come back someday to sell more merch.
>>
>>94446201
I don't disagree. Still criminal scum must die
>>
>>94457311
>Like, Full Metal Alchemist wrestles with that a lot.
Those people are in a war. But the focus of the manga goes to individuals with special abilities who turn people into a resource to be able to kill others.
>>
>>94429525
I can tell this is 40k but what's the context of this image?
>>
>>94429513
I really like how Spider-Man Homecoming pulled that moment off.
>>
>>94437551
>>the finale involves multiple people besides the protagonist fighting the antagonist, bonus points if a bunch of minor characters nobody gives a shit about join in

Fuck you this is the best trope, especially in shonen.
>>
>>94457433
Yet a lot of characters, most of the main cast still hesitates to murder whenever possible. Like it or not, murder is and always should be the last resort, even if the target is also a murderer themselves, even when it logically makes sense, because to kill someone else is a psychological step that most people aren't willing to cross, a step that can have lasting damage on a person's psyche going forward. Just look at the characters who have been in the setting longer; they all suffer from their own forms of trauma from being put to kill civilians, and they also do everything in their power to prevent murder when possible (though they're nowhere near as idealistic about it as Ed).
>>
>>94420199
>boys vs girls episode
>characters devolve into stereotypes
>>
>>94430875
you gay ass fucking cunt shut up
>>
>>94458095
But how else can you teach kids to work together and treat other people like individuals other than showing them that all stereotypes are correct?
>>
>killing the villain is badwrong and evil
>trapping the villain in the void dimension for all eternity is ok
>>
>>94441212
Empire Strikes Back
>>
>game changing thing happens
>it gets reversed
Then why the fuck would you put in there in the first place?
>>
>>94435441
Medabots
>>
>>94458937
First thing that came to mind was when they killed Brian off Family Guy and brought him back three episodes later. I knew the show was shit before then, but that was what finally made me tune out for good.
>>
>video game web comic applies real world logic to game mechanics
Like that hasn't been done to death!
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 106

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.