[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question....out of all the continuities, who was actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 36

File: optimusface.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
optimusface.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
I have a question....out of all the continuities, who was actually the best leader (good or evil) of the Transformers?
>>
>>94412144
Bay Prime. Or Murder Prime.
>>
Animated Ultra Magnus

It may have happened before the start of the cartoon, but Magnus was the one who led the Autobots to victory and ended the Great War, reducing the Decepticon forces to scattered pockets of guerillas and what not.

And when he ended the war, it DIDN'T result in the death of Cybertron
>>
File: Go-BotCouncil01.jpg (48KB, 352x479px) Image search: [Google]
Go-BotCouncil01.jpg
48KB, 352x479px
I'm going to go super obscure
>>
Stopped at TF3, how are 4 and 5 ? Are they interesting Lorewise ?
>>
>>94412586
Omega Supreme was the one who "led" the Autobots to victory. Ultra Magnus was a pussy. And Megatron was right
>>
>>94414495
Depends. Is there a screwdriver currently lodged in your brain?
>>
>>94414495
5 introduces the idea that Transformers have lived among humans since the beginning of civilization
>>
>>94414495
They got so retarded yet I found myself liking the movies more now.
>>
>>94412144
Primal was my favourite, but he just commanded a ship, not an army
>>
>>94414495
I thought 5 was better than 4, but still wasn't perfect
>>
>>94414495
Imo Bayformers rating
1>3>4>5>>>>>>2
>>
>>94415925
Swap 5 with 4, and I agree with that rating
>>
>>94416492
Five was fucking unwatchable

I don't udnerstand how anyone could rank it above anything.

2 and 4 sucked dick too but 4 had two decent scenes: Megatron's confrontation with Optimus was p. cool and I unironically enjoyed seeing Optimus ride Grimlock into battle. The dynamic shift was somewhat interesting. not enough to save the movie from everything else wrong with it but seeing discord among the autobot ranks from being tired of fighting was at teals an okay concept

Four was utter shit and here I am feeling nostalgic about it because 5 was so bad. The British chick was great eye candy at least I guess.
>>
>>94415248
Hmm
>>
Besides Primal and Beast Megs, I'd have to say
I like Xaaron.
>>
>>94418850
Beast Megatron was an awful leader
>>
File: BigBot.jpg (72KB, 640x748px) Image search: [Google]
BigBot.jpg
72KB, 640x748px
>>94412144
>>
>>94412144
IDW Starscream
>>
>>94412144
>Bayformer 5
The Robot butler and the character that Anthony Hoopkings played were easily the best parts of that movie.

>tfw no robot girl maid to assist me in my weird endeavours
>tfw no weird endeavours
>>
>>94415120
Except they fucking change it every entry 1: they were here since the ice age. WRONG 2: they were here since the pyramid days: HA fuck you entry 3-4: they've been here since the moon landing: keeping going scrub entry: been here since the roman knights: umm yeah lets go with that
>>
File: IMG_6705.jpg (25KB, 429x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6705.jpg
25KB, 429x320px
>>94412144
Soundwave superior... Autobots inferior
>>
>>94421700
There really is no sense of continuity, it makes me laugh to be honest.

It's been so long since I've sat through Revenge of the Fallen but I'm sure the current Quintessa story probably contradicts the Fallen/Primes story somehow
>>
Optimus Primal was going to be in TF5.
>>
>>94421904
I call bullshit

>>94421772
Be careful that one guy who really hates any G1 quotes is gonna show up
>>
>>94422250
>>
>>94412144
I've read and seen just about everything Transformers-related and I were to follow one bot, it would be IDW Deathsaurus.
>>
>>94422289
the dfuck is that
>>
>>94422645
Optimus Primal. You called it bullshit,right? Oh,there is also a Snake Beastformer.
>>
>>94415248
>predacons hatch a plot to give them the upper hand over the maximals
>it fails leaving the maximals in a far stronger position
>optimus doesn't press this advantage
>next week we're back to square 1

I liked the idea that each side's ship had such extensive defenses, and they were so evenly matched that neither side had the firepower to assault the other's base, but the writers too often ignored that the Maximals should actually be trying to win the war instead of merely surviving.
>>
>>94422289
>>94422726
What was this movie originally going to be about?
I'm not surprised that it became a mess.
>>
>>94422726
>Snake former
I call it bullshit. Next you'll tell me that T Rex Megatron was going to be in the movie.
>>
>>94422289
This.

And this:

Confirming the previous info, Hasbro confirmed a Transformers Animated Theatrical Feature Film during their annual Investor Day today.

Hasbro owned Boulder Media Studio will produce the movie along with other animated films for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and Stretch Armstrong.

Hasbro is set to deliver at least one Animated movie each year to the theater. Release date for the Transformers movie was not revealed during the event.

However, based on the comment by the Writers’ Room, the movie will explore the origin myth of the Transformers linking with the Live Action Movie Series.

Update: When inquired more on the Animated Feature Film during the Q&A session, Hasbro confirmed that the movie is based on the current Movieverse. Hasbro will partner with Paramount Pictures via their own Allspark Pictures.
>>
So,Transformers Universe:Bumblebee finally got a new release date. December 21st, 2018. Same date as Aquaman.

Was that really the best date they could find? Aquaman will beat it opening weekend and then Mary Poppins will probably do good business the week after.

I know there's no escaping good movies but I think they could've found a better date. But, Christmas is getting turned into the second blockbuster season so it may have better chance of being successful if it's a good movie. At the very least, it's got a much better shot than it's previous spot where it was gonna get destroyed.
>>
>>94422871
>and Stretch Armstrong.
Yeah that'll happen
A while back they had plans for a half CGI half live action Littlest Pet Shop movie, and a Monopoly movie, yet no word of those since they were first mentioned
>>
File: OptimuskillsSentinel.webm (2MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
OptimuskillsSentinel.webm
2MB, 960x400px
>>94412144
>Who is actually the best leader
BayPrime. The only one that will constantly get shit done without a second thought or hero's remorse
>>
>>94423021
>BayPrime. The only one that will constantly get shit done without a second thought or hero's remorse

But, what he gets done is basically the demise of his race as an endgame in favor of humans, though it kind of doesn't matter considering new Transformers are showing up all the time anyway....

Wait, so what the fuck is so special about Earth anyway? Why not fucking terraform some other planet?
>>
>>94423021
>NO OPTIMUS PLEASE SPARE ME I WAS DOING IT FOR OUR RACE!
>>
Can we all agree that the reason why these movies are still getting made is Steve Jablonsky's scores?

A fuckin masterpiece song for a shitty movie:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4df74U4vaOI
>>
>>94423021

>sets shit done
>Fakes his death and lets Chicago get destroyed to prove a point when they could have fought during the initial invasion

>>94423215

The whole terraforming thing made no sense.

>20-30 feet tall
>incredibly strong
>made of metal, extremely tough
>live infinitely longer than humans

It's like a strip mining company hiring ants because there are more ants than humans.
>>
>>94423021
So,Sentinel was talking about Quintessa?

>>94423277
Beautiful music.

So,which one is the best Bayformer villain:
>Megatron
>The Fallen
>Sentinel Prime
>Lockdown
>Quintessa
>>
>>94423448
Lockdown.
Also he said that he collected all the Knights. Or he was talking about another generation?
>>
>>94423277
I'm the only one who fapped during The Last Knight?
>>
>>94423483
The ones on earth were probably presumed dead.
>>
>>94412144
I STARSCREAM AM OBVIOUSLY THE MOST WORTHY LEADER OF THEM ALL!!!!
>>
>>94423496
At what scenes did you fap?
>>
>>94424502
All of them.
>>
>>94423448
As nerfed and bitchmade as they have made him, I would say Megatron still. He was the one that felt like OH FUCK SHITS GOING DOWN when he arrived
>>
>>94424589
>SHITS GOING DOWN

*SHIT'S GOING DOWN
>>
>>94424502
I fapped at Izzy,Viviane,Edmund Burton and Quintessa scenes.
I can say that the scene where Cockman was singing did it to me.
>>
>>94424607
>I fapped at Izzy,Viviane
;^)
/spoiler/ Me too. /spoiler/
>>
>>94424600
That isn't even correct though, and why are you doing this in every thread? Just use a trip if you want to become a hated but known person on 4chan
>>
>>94423448
>So,which one is the best Bayformer villain

Optimus.

>GIVE ME YOUR FACE
>You DIE, HYARGH
>I'LL KILL YOU ALL
>>
>>94424624
Learn to spoiler.
>>
>>94424607
Why are some people crazy on Isabella Moner? She is just a kid.
Laura Haddock is better.
>>
>>94424633
>Your name is Nemesis Prime. Earth is Unicron.
>Unicron? Cybertron's old enemy?
>I made you.
>My name is Nemesis Prime!
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>94424644
>Isabella Moner
>Kid
Anon,she was Bay'd.
>>
File: me and the bae.png (363KB, 839x462px) Image search: [Google]
me and the bae.png
363KB, 839x462px
>>94412144
>>
>>94424962
>Prime,do you feel it too?
>What Sentinel? The Allspark?
>No. The sexual tension.
>...............
>>
File: more than meets the eye.gif (3MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
more than meets the eye.gif
3MB, 500x400px
G1 Optimus

Name a single other Autobot leader who can pull off a maneuver like this
>>
>>94425046
Murder Prime. Prime Optimus Prime. You geewuners can't stop us! We are surviving! Baykino is rising! We have taken the Christmas from SW! Bayformers! More than meets the girls! Bayformers!
>>
>>94424710
>Isabella Moner
>Good
She isn't good. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>94425085
Isabella Moner is hot.
>>
Micronauts thread when? For the new cartoon.
>>
In AoE, Lockdown spouts a ton of crap that turned out to be totally wrong by the time TLK came around.

He mentions taking centuries to collect all the knights, but he's only got Prime and the Dinobots, and we see the rest of the knights were hiding out on Earth. So he was wrong about that, and then his comments about the Creators plural imply he was working for someone other than Quintessa, who didn't at all seem to have a problem of "species mixing with species" and wasn't concerned with "wiping the chessboard clean" as Lockdown put it.

I know realistically it was probably the Writer's Room saying "screw it" and throwing all that out, but now it feels like a huge disconnect between AoE and TLK.

Oh,TLK also did nothing to answer who that organic hand at the beginning of AOE was.

>>94425205
>Micronauts cartoon
When? How it does look like?
>>
I don't want any loose ends like what happened with The Amazing Spiderman 2. Now that the writers room are demolished, just get Kruger back with a new director to finish off the Bayverse once and for all before a reboot. My picks: Del Toro, JJ Abrams, Spielberg.
>>
>>94425085
I found her story more compelling than the main plot. A victim of the cybertronian wars living in the ruins of a city also a victim of their wars, but finding her own family with Autobots? But then they dumped her and Cade's new buttboy and most of the Autobots for shitty robot Arthurian legends. Then when she shows up again at the end her only real contribution was ordering her little friend on a suicide mission and didn't even have the guts to pull a Lennox from the first movie and ride out there with her scooter pal so she could shoot the cannon in the balls. Poor Blackout. Fucker had it coming, though, it was personal.
>>
>>94422289
>Optimus Primal
>TF 5
>Harambe Prime
>Beast wars
>Your name is Nemesis Prime.
> Earth is Unicron.
>Unicron?
> Cybertron's old enemy?
>I made you.
>My name is Nemesis Prime!
What did they mean by this? What was this movie going to be about???

>>94422726
>Snake beastformer
I want to see that,pic?
>>
>>94425200
I know right. I fapped at her scenes.
>>
>>94425220
I don't mind it. AoE was a fucking abortion.
>>
>>94425579
You bring shame upon us all!
>>
>>94412144
Autobots:
Optimus Prime
Grimlock
Ultra Magnus

Really, Magnus is better than he gives himself credit for, while Grimlock is so bloody-minded he can lead you through swamps of shit.

Decepticons:
Shockwave
Ratbat
Soundwave
Megatron

Megs is actually a pretty shit leader. Shockwave is smarter and sees the bigger picture, Ratbat is a great businessman, and Soundwave is a sneaky fuck.
>>
>>94425579
I miss having heroic protagonists instead of a bunch of murder-happy sociopaths who are nearly as face hungry as Optimus. Hound wasn't too bad, at least. But early on it was only Ironhide and frankly him shooting Sam's parents was something I'm sure we'd all have enjoyed.

In retrospect it makes me pine for the movies where the autobots had zero personality since when they give them personalities they're all mostly insane. At some point you begin to wonder why they're even supposed to be the good guys, especially when they talk about killing humans so much.
>>
>>94423021
One of the reasons Grimlock does nothing in the movies. The whole conflict he has with Prime in the comics is made redundant by Prime being so fucking ruthless even Grimlock would go, "hey, hang on a minute, Prime".
>>
File: UguuimusPrimeFindsThisKawaii.jpg (147KB, 299x424px) Image search: [Google]
UguuimusPrimeFindsThisKawaii.jpg
147KB, 299x424px
>>94412144

G1 Optimus. Guy did nothing but win win win win win up until the movie killed him. Then he pulled a Jesus, took leadership from his successor, and started winning nonstop again.
>>
File: Your Megatron.jpg (691KB, 2369x1649px) Image search: [Google]
Your Megatron.jpg
691KB, 2369x1649px
Show me a better Decepticon leader. I fucking dare you.
>>
>>94426031
we need a pic of movie prime ripping g1 grimlock's face off for giving him even the merest hint of insubordination.
>>
>>94427380
TFA Galvatron
He won
>>
File: Megatron_for_life.jpg (73KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron_for_life.jpg
73KB, 640x476px
>>94428270
by that reasoning then this guy is the best.

note: THIS particular version of the character (his BW self couldn't conquer anything).
>>
>>94428388
I'll allow it
>>
File: judge Megatron.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
judge Megatron.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>94428388
Because BW Megatron was a good character and not a bad written plot device
>>
>>94428445
maybe so but the thread is about best leader.

if your generals didn't try to kill to you (power grab) when you're stuck in a drone body, by decepticon standards, you've done a good job.
>>
>>94428270
>TFA Galvatron
What? There is not Galvatron in Animated
>>
>>94428629
Cyclonus came from a future where Galvatron won.
>>
>>94428797
Is this from a comic or something?
>>
>>94412470
Murdermus prime would've probably ended the cybertronian war in any other continuity
>>
>>94428388
>>94428445
Just putting it out there, but "winning" doesn't necessarily make you a great leader.

BW MEgatron was a great villain, a great character, and a great plotter and schemer, but he was a shit leader.

It's no wonder that the only ones loyal to him were the guy dumb as a stump and the one with fucking brain damage.
>>
>>94422555
>Deathsaurus

That is both the dumbest and coolest transformer name I have ever heard of
>>
File: OptimusCrime.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
OptimusCrime.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>94429110
>Murdermus prime would've probably ended the cybertronian war in any other continuity
This
>>
>>94429482
how about:
lord doomitron
slayride
sinnertwin
lord imperious delirious

>>94429433
i know. just playing with the rules the other guy set.

wait who was the dumb as a stump?
>>
>>94429516
>you got the touch, you got the power!!!
>>
File: Megatron-5.jpg (67KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron-5.jpg
67KB, 640x360px
>>94412144
>Cybertron... you are saved, at last.
Megatron was the good guy all along, but in the process he became the most evil son of a bitch trying to save his planet while optimus was like "fuck cybertron, let's roll out of this shithole". let's face it, hating humans should not be considered a sign of evil anymore after all the shit they have been pulling lately.
>>
>>94429560
Scorponok

and Inferno was brain damaged
>>
>>94429603
Movie Optimus is way worse than Megatron
>>
>>94429603
>It was a metaphor for the white race trying to save itself.
>>
>>94429677
oh i know about the inferno = brain damage.

wasn't scorponok supposed to be his back-up smart guy whenever tarantulas does his own thing/unavailable.

or at least technically competent enough to make a designer virus.
>>
>>94429697
no it wasn't, the world doesn't revolve around white people vs the world.
>>
>>94429755
Scorponok was more of an idiot savant, I think.

Making that designer virus was, iirc, the ONLY technical thing he ever did. And even that did the exact OPPOSITE of what it was supposed to do.

Other than that, he was basically Waspinator without any memorable character traits.

Kind of a shame. He was the S-I-C, and he had those spy bee drones, he could have easily been the BW equivalent of SOundwave, to go along with Megatron, Terrorsaur and Tarantulus being the Megatron, Starscream and Shockwave
>>
>>94429787
Tell that to the world, then. They didn't seem to get the memo.
>>
>>94429850
wonder how a transmetal scorponok would look like.

he's pretty much the only original predacon crew member not to get a transmetal form in one way (TM2 dinobot) or another (terrorsaur and waspinator got a toy only TM form).
>>
>>94426000
>But early on it was only Ironhide and frankly him shooting Sam's parents was something I'm sure we'd all have enjoyed.

Doesn't TLK pretty much confirm Sam and his family are dead? Wouldn't be surprised if the swat dudes from 4 killed them.
>>
File: Transmetalscorponok.jpg (98KB, 299x345px) Image search: [Google]
Transmetalscorponok.jpg
98KB, 299x345px
>>94430068
If it counts, IDW made a Transmetal Scorponok for their BW comics.

It looked like shit.
>>
>>94429603
Funny thing. Optimus was protecting Unicron all this time. Unicron is Cyberton's old enemy and Prime is Unicron's bitch.
>The Fallen came to Earth to destroy Unicron
>Sentinel wanted to destroy Unicron
>Quintessa and Megatron wanted to destroy >Unicron
>Lockdown was a good guy too
They did nothing wrong. The Autobots betrayed their own race and the entire universe.
>>
Ratbat. Don't argue, he has the wins to back it up.
>>
>>94430388
you literally told me what it is but i still need to say it

>what the fuck is that?!!

also what IDW BW comic is that from?
>>
>>94430965
How the fuck are they gonna do Unicron without destroying the Earth?

>mfw he'll be just a bunch of metal tentacles and a giant mouth in the ground.
>>
>>94431462
The hilariously underrated sourcebook.
>>
>>94431594
now it makes sense (had both BW minis but not the sourcebooks).
>>
>>94425046
>>94425077
The correct answer is Animated Prime. But only because he's knee high to Megatron.
>>
>>94430388
That's just the McDonald's toy.
>>
>>94430965
>Implying Unicron hasn't been in control of Prime this whole time
>Explaining why he's been so willing to murder
>>
>>94432096
>Unicron is the Old God to Optimus' Arthas
>>
>>94422730
What you need to remember is that Beast Wars was set during a rather unique time for Transformers lore. That is, they were at peace, and had been for centuries. Megatron's sudden dramatic attack and theft of the golden disks was alarming, shocking, and completely unexpected by basically everyone. Even when we get a brief interlude with a shady Predacon council back on Cybertron in a later season, they're talking about how reckless and stupid it was.
Primal's Maximals weren't even a police or military force, they were a band of scientists and explorers that just happened to be in the way of the Predacon ship and tried to slow them down. Optimus doesn't WANT to win the war. He doesn't want a war at all, because it's a horrifying throwback to the most bloody time in their history that lasted for millennia. That's why he's always so reluctant to engage in battle for a good part of the show. He DESPERATELY wants to find a peaceful solution, and it takes Megatron blasting off G1 Optimus Prime's face in the last season for him to really take the gloves off.

Also, of course, it was an episodic cartoon, and winning the war means the show is over.
>>
File: Asuras-Wrath-139.jpg (31KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Asuras-Wrath-139.jpg
31KB, 600x338px
>>94431534
>>
File: mpv-shot0012.jpg (67KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0012.jpg
67KB, 854x480px
>>94433554
>That is, they were at peace, and had been for centuries
>Megatron's sudden dramatic attack was alarming, shocking, and completely unexpected by basically everyone
>Primal's Maximals weren't even a police or military force
Man, I just realized Animated took A LOT from Beast Wars.
>>
Optimus Crime
>>
>>94433839
Wasn't Animated planning on doing a beast wars saga for their fourth season? I remember the Waspinator episode kind of hinted, or rather referenced the Maximals, but it was the one major loose end of the show.
>>
File: Mrbump.png (114KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
Mrbump.png
114KB, 500x451px
>>
File: Deathsaurus1.jpg (369KB, 693x924px) Image search: [Google]
Deathsaurus1.jpg
369KB, 693x924px
>>94429482
Deaths'R'Us is scientifically proven to be the greatest fucking name in existence.
>>
>>94429603
>Megatron was the good guy all along
Yep
>>
>>94435625
>Wasn't Animated planning on doing a beast wars saga for their fourth season?

Not really. In the Allspark Almanac, they revealed a bunch of possible season 4 episode synopses, none of which mention Blackarachnia or any other organic Transformers.

For all we know, they were going to do the exact same thing Prime did with Airachnid and the Insecticons: Teleport them away to get them out of the plot and out of our hair and leave them there to rot.

Personally, I wouldn't even call it a "major" loose end.

BA and Wasp were stranded in an unknown time and place with like no other technology at their disposal. It's not a huge logical leap to assume they just stay stranded there alone forever. It might not be satisfying for you, but hey, that's just how some shit ends up.
>>
>>94435536
Optimus Mime
>>
File: OptimusRhyme.jpg (247KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
OptimusRhyme.jpg
247KB, 485x750px
>>94438818
Optimus Rhyme
>>
>>94429850
Shame really Don Brown is a great VA. At least he had Armada Cyclonus.
>>
>>94438744
Wasn't Trukk vs, Munky gonna be an episode.
>>
>>94440558
Okay, seriously, what madman hangs his smell good from his smokestacks? Who is he trying to fool?
>>
>>94430075
Yeah, pretty sure it was stated that the line of Witwickys was believed kaput. Probably for the best, really.

Also what was the point when Anthony Hopkins did a double take in the museum? Did I miss something?

>>94425340
For that matter Lennox was pretty damn useless in this. I don't think they know what the hell they were doing.

Also apparently the military shoots Autobots on sight but has no problems arresting and detaining a bunch of psychotic Decepticons. Except in Cuba where anything apparently goes. This movie was a huge fucking mess in terms of plot points.
>>
File: Beast Wars.jpg (171KB, 854x945px) Image search: [Google]
Beast Wars.jpg
171KB, 854x945px
>>94435625
>Wasn't Animated planning on doing a beast wars saga for their fourth season?
Yes.

>>94438744
>some existing plotlines would continue like Sari's origin or Blackarachnia and her army of Predacons
>>
>>94429560
>not mentioning Spinister
>>
>>94444135
Hopkins realized that Unicron's horns had been separated by continental drift and they'd originally circled Stonehenge. It was about the only clever thing in the movie.
>>
does anyone else think optimus is the shining definition of cuck?
>>
>>94445301
which optimus and how so?
>>
>>94422289
HOW EMBARRISING!
>>
>>94445262
Hm. That wasn't how I took his reaction when I saw it. When I was watching it I was actually contemplating the possibility that he'd been discovered and replaced by another Alice-former. May have been because of the (it turns out accurate) rumors that Quintessa disguises as a human in the movie. Knowing about Unicron herself and having time to figure how the trail he would follow, or even plant the clues herself, it wouldn't have been a bad way to infiltrate and manipulate the Autobots.
>>
>>94412679
This is objectively correct, they are the only universe where Transformer civilization is basically utopian and there are no factions or warfare of any kind.
>>
File: IMG_7249.jpg (45KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7249.jpg
45KB, 300x384px
>>94412144
The superior Prime
>>
>>94429482
It's still better than the weebs who insist on calling him shit like DESZARASU. This shit has been a point of contention for fans for twenty-some years.
>>
>>94422289
actually not that bad except for the colors (or lack thereof)
>>
>>94445615
any other OP that his megatron actually lamented he killed him (got sad that he was gone/glad that he came back to life)?
>>
>>94445301
I'm assuming they mean Bayformers Optimus, because of how much shit he takes pff humans but one guy being his friend is enough to turn him against his own race.

The answer is yes. Yes, Bayformers Optimus is the shining definition of an uncle tom mindbroken into humanity's little bitch after having to justify killing so many of his own kind. When Megatron called the planet hell, he was being all too literal.
>>
>>94445946
Was that Armada or RiD? Because Armada Megatron also killed himself for the good of the world, before being resurrected as an insane megalomaniac with a god-complex.
>>
>>94429603
>Movies 2-3 makes a point of showing Megatron being concerned about baby transformers' future
>Movie 4 has him calling his ressurected soldiers comrades instead of minions or slaves or anything like that
>In movie 5, it's Megatron who reminds Optimus they were bros once not the other way around

You can't make this up
>>
File: 1501321732645.gif (872KB, 404x402px) Image search: [Google]
1501321732645.gif
872KB, 404x402px
>>94416596
>I don't udnerstand how anyone could rank it above anything.

3D special efects.

also britbing faggets.

the irony about this last piece of crap is that the story would be with japanese instead britbongs much much better.

but now we got etrnal anglo jerk off and fucking planet crashe where the mother natur ignores the gravition-attarction of the mass double size of Earth and a jew what is blabering about some "planet energy".
>>
>>94446064
That's Armada, anon
>>
>>94446064
Armada. He went kinda mopey after the hydra cannon did what it was supposed to do.

Their final battle in armada was awesome. i like it when mechs really take advantage of being robots (using their own wrecked parts to beat each other to submission).
>>
File: 400px-Starscreamut.jpg (66KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Starscreamut.jpg
66KB, 400x366px
>>94446158
Despite its faults, I liked Armada. It gave us the best Starscream, and a Unicron figure. Then Cybertron gave us a Primus figure.
>>
>>94446215
Armada would have been 8/10 without the fucking kids. Those annoying shits turned it into 3/10
>>
>>94446337
The adaptation of it was spotty at some points as well.
>>
When's the next TF issues, anyone here know?
>>
>>94446215
Armada Jetfire was pretty based too, especially thanks to Scott McNeil. I was pretty mad when they replaced him in Cybertron.
>>
>>94447808
>Armada Jetfire
You mean the guy who was nothing but a power up for Optimus?
>>
>>94448217
He's had it so much worse. At least he didn't crash into an iceflow and despite being perfectly fine and easy to rescue the others just leave him there because of how little shits they give about him. Also being betrayed by his science boyfriend Starscream.
>>
>>94448217
I mostly liked his personality making him somewhat unique for a second-in-command Autobot made him a nice contrast to the sterner Prime. It made sense to since Jetfire is pretty much the good counterpart to Starscream. It helps he was one of the few Autobots that actually wanted to use the fuck-powerful combiner minicons to end the war.

Also like I said; Scott McNeil.
>>
>>94448385
>since Jetfire is pretty much the good counterpart to Starscream
But Starscream was the good counterpart to Starscream
>>
>>94448414
I'm talking about across the franchise, anon.
>>
>>94446945
It looks like we have First Strike #1 and Till All Are One #12 to look forward to.
>>
>>94448508
For this Wednesday, I mean.
>>
Galvatron from the Beast Wars II Anime is knocked out comatose or completely piss-drunk for half his series but his master plan still manages to run rings around the Maximals and very nearly achieved a complete, perfect victory. Dude's intense.
>>
File: Bueno.jpg (115KB, 599x424px) Image search: [Google]
Bueno.jpg
115KB, 599x424px
>>94448543
>>
>>94448964
I'm surprised nobody has ever made a Transformers version of that reaction image. Using either Overlord or I guess one of the Legions from Kiss Players? Either would be suitably horrifying.
>>
>>94446193
TFs are not mechs, really
They're basically people who just happen to be made out of metal and machinery as opposed to flesh and bone
>>
File: GameOverManGAMEOVER.jpg (131KB, 502x689px) Image search: [Google]
GameOverManGAMEOVER.jpg
131KB, 502x689px
>>94450504

Unless you go by Japan's weird ass G1 extension series, in which case they promptly turned everyone into fucking mecha because for some reason, if it's a robot, it has to have a pilot, even if the pilot is just a smaller robot.
>>
>>94450829
>internal explosions rip Optimus apart with an obvious line of energy arcing out of his crotch

Damn, son, Transformer orgasms are dope but I see why they just stick with budding. It's only slightly less agonizing/horrifying.
>>
>>94450829
>Japan
>Transformers
Not even once, for me.
>>
>>94451033

Good designs but stupid fucking lore is pretty much what I took from Japanese G1. And just trying to read some of their more current lore is fucking ridiculous because they're bending over backwards trying to make shit fit their already backwards lore that no one else follows.
>>
>>94412144
IDW Megatron.
It literally took a sapient dead universe to just temporarily cripple him.He's intelligent, charismatic, and most importantly a really good speaker so his troops be it through admiration of intimidation, mostly followed orders (all save for Starscream and even more so Thundercracker). Both he and his forces would have defeated the autobots otherwise. Optimus was pretty much fucked up until D-void popped out of nowhere.
>>
>>94451097
I have no qualms with Japanese Transformers toys, because as you mentioned they make some cool designs now and again, but as far as fiction/media goes I stay far away from it
>>
>>94451097
It's not like non-Transformers G1 lore is all that great. Not that I'm trying to be insulting. Might be my nostalgia gland but I love G1, goofy warts and all. The inconsistencies, the animation errors, even Brawl's brain.

Honestly it's pretty damn hard to find any TF lore that isn't vulnerable to claims of being fucking stupid on some level or other.
>>
>>94450829
Only for one show, and that still had regular transformers in it.
>>
>>94451159

Oh thats true. Just I consider the Japanese stuff even weirder because it goes from a goofy sci-fi robot show from the US straight into MOST HONAHRABOU COMMANDER-SAN MUST GATTAI WITH DOUBLE REBORN OPTIMUS RION TO DEFEAT THE GREAT EVIL...And whatever.

Like, it doesn't even pretend to follow whatever came before it, it just goes straight off the deep end into anime tropes.
>>
>>94451214
I think that's perfect. The US takes shit like Dairugger and decides, hey, let's just make it Voltron with cars and shit. Meanwhile Japan sees Transformers and decide, "Hey, this could really use some breastforce, you know what I'm saying guys?"
>>
>>94451159
Most of the Japanese G1 stuff can be considered non canon to the Western
>>
>>94451285
No arguments from me, but honestly canon in transformers is always pretty iffy anyway, especially the further back you go. Frankly it seems a tad more Serious Business these days, or at least it sort of did during the rise of the Prime continuity family until it quickly became apparent that continuity was more of a very rough outline than a strict roadmap.

Weirdest G1 moment is still probably Munka Spanka Jazz winning the space robot Olympics.
>>
>>94451371
Also sad because we'd lost the Scatman.
>>
>>94451388
Saddest part of Transformers G1 is we never had Jazz singing those sweet Cybertron blues demanding Megatron set his people free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfhVPWl-taY
>>
File: just a hound, dawg.jpg (16KB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
just a hound, dawg.jpg
16KB, 290x218px
>>94451484
Since nothing else is going on in this thread at the moment I have to admit I hear IDW Jazz as classic G1 Scatman Jazz. Dude just wants to share the music in his spark with the universe and his last chance at peace on Earth seems to have been a complete bust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tLRJxOFCkg
>>
>>94452225
It's tough being a car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2J3eFLo0FQ
>>
>>
>>94446110
>You can't make this up

I thought the ''writers'' did make shit up with every new sequel.
>>
File: You're gonna carry that weight.png (817KB, 1486x759px) Image search: [Google]
You're gonna carry that weight.png
817KB, 1486x759px
>>94452999
That Jazz is perfect but I don't like that starscream one bit she looks like she'll lead you into a tumblr orgy and steal your wallet to finance more rule 63 cosplays which are all the same dress but different colors.
>>
File: jazz_hound.png (682KB, 700x885px) Image search: [Google]
jazz_hound.png
682KB, 700x885px
>>94453341
I'm sure there are still people upset Megatron wasn't convinced to help them save the day. Bonus points for the badguys just wanting to destroy Unicron, I guess, whom the good guys technically saved.

At least he got to pull a, "Decepticons! Let's get the fuck out of here!" Must have felt good for Frank, just for old times sake.
>>
File: bodypillow.png (186KB, 540x381px) Image search: [Google]
bodypillow.png
186KB, 540x381px
>>94453561
Autobot tits are inferior
>>
>>94415886
>but still wasn't perfect
That is such a fucking understatement. 5 was objectively shit. And 4 was effortless "fuck you, I can do what I want" trash.
>>
>>94446337
8/10 with or without starscream?

because if it's 8/10 because of starscream but no kids it presents a paradox
>>
Transformers The Last Knight was the best movie ever. Masterpiece.
>>
>>94454541
not that anon but with starscream and without muh handstiched towel and the xenofucker loli id say 7.5/10
>>
>>94444159
Huh, I don't recall that being in there at all.

>HER army of PRedacons
In this case, part of me is glad it ended. The idea of BA being the leader of the Predacons disgusts me.
Although I suppose she COULD have been teleported to a planet populated by organic transformers and she just gets accepted into the fold by a BW Megs expy
>>
>>94453381
I dunno. That sounds like something Starscream would do.
>>
>>94412144
Marvel UK shockwave
>>
>>94454720
shit nigga you're right. Does that make me Megatron?
>>
https://youtu.be/Y61zl4l6uUs

transforming into /v/
>>
File: 1501260226149.jpg (973KB, 1650x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1501260226149.jpg
973KB, 1650x1053px
>>94454717
Megatron was not the leader of the Predacons. He was just a random criminal using Megatron's name.
>>
>>94455160
Yes, and that is relevant because...?
>>
>>94455195
Because you don't like the idea of BH being the leader of the Predacons because muh Megatron even when he was not their leader in BW.
>>
>>94454717

It might be austistic since i'm a huge BW fan but I don't like the BW being alongside classic G1 styled characters. I always consider these characters the future.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.