[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /co/. Say one thing bad about this movie that isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7

File: HSR.jpg (141KB, 680x1033px) Image search: [Google]
HSR.jpg
141KB, 680x1033px
Okay /co/.
Say one thing bad about this movie that isn't quips or Tony Stark.
>>
>>94406360
"The washington monument was built by slaves"
>>
>>94406360
Spider-Man doesn't punch anyone.
>>
>>94406360

Not enough Ramones
>>
The film seeks to simultaneously cement its own place within the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe while remaining a standalone film meant to act as an origin point for the upcoming Spider-Man Cinematic Universe. Being unable to balance both, it satisfies neither.
>>
Where is Spider Sense? Why does everyone have to know who Spider-Man is? Can Marvel not into secret identities?
>>
I really wanted Peter to flirt more with Karen.
>>
>>94406360
The action scenes were unengaging and difficult to understand visually.
>>
>>94406360
Vulture didn't get enough screen time
Ned didn't get enough screen time.
Dong lover didn't get enough screen time.
Aunt May didn't get enough screen time.
Peter got too much screen time.
Michelle didn't get enough screen time.
Betty Brant didn't get enough screen time.
>>
>>94406390
This is completely untrue though.

There's literally nothing in this that feels like an origin for a Spider-man Cinematic Universe. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
Vulture is the only memorable thing about it.
>>
The OST.
>>94406401
>After making a Civil War without secret identities
>>
>>94406360
>complaining about quips
>in fucking Spider-Man

jesus
>>
File: drive_elliot.jpg (696KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
drive_elliot.jpg
696KB, 1012x1500px
>>94406360
>Faggot manlet playing Spider-man.
>The race-swapping of the entire cast.
>No uncle Ben.
>Peter had no motivaiton beyond becoming an Avenger.
>Peter didn't even hesitate before ruining Liz's life and on her big dance to boot.
>>
>>94406369
This.

The stonemasonry on the monument would have taken trained laborers, of which most slaves weren't. Now the stone itself may have been mined by slaves, but then again pretty much anything built before the Civil War most likely had some kind of slave labor utilized at some point...particularly around D.C.

If she gave that much of a fuck she should have stayed out of the city entirely, considering that A) most of it was built utilizing slave labor or using materials derived from slave labor or B) the fact that the city is home to some of the most powerful white men in the country and surrounded by some of the poorest black citizens.

If she refused to enter the Jefferson Memorial or something, it would have made more sense. As it stands, it's a complete misunderstanding of history in order to make a joke about civil rights. It's about as tone-deaf as that Kylie (or Kendall? I don't fucking know) Jenner Pepsi ad.

I usually don't care about cultural politics, but that line couldn't have been more hackneyed unless she turned to the camera, winked, and #WOKE flashed on the screen in huge letters.
>>
>>94406360
The boat splitting in half and getting back together was nonsense and wouldn't have worked in real life.
>>
>>94406521
>Liz Allen, Ned and Flash are the entire cast
>b-but MJ
She isn't Mary Jane though.
>>
>>94406388
To be fair you can say that about any movie.
>>
>>94406587
Was she supposed to be Liz Allen? They mention The Vulture as being Adrian Toomes, I assumed she was an OC.

Also I totally thought Zendaya was Liz until literally today because I have no idea what kids listen to or watch these days.
>>
>>94406587
Then why make her say "they call me MJ"? Why give her any screentime when she did jackshit?
>>
>>94406360
political views, pop music, not accuarte to source material
>>
>>94406521
>no Uncle Ben
Really. Out of all the problems this film had and this is the one that stands out to you? That the movie didn't repeat the same beats from the last 2 movies? Uncle Ben's death has not only been in 3 blockbuster movies, but in multiple different cartoons, comic books, video games, novelizations, and a fucking musical even. And yet you want to see that same 50 year old scene played out with different stand-ins.

Just go watch the Transformers films if you want the same shit shoveled down your throat every 3 years.
>>
File: 1499020586967.png (138KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1499020586967.png
138KB, 405x405px
>>94406521
>Faggot manlet playing Spider-man.
What's life like in the closet, anon?

>The race-swapping of the entire cast.
Insecure about your sexuality AND your race? Sad!

>No uncle Ben.
Because we need to see origin stories every.
Single.
Time.

>Peter had no motivaiton beyond becoming an Avenger.
He wanted to become an Avenger so he could use his powers to make a difference and do good. The entire film was about him learning that he can make a difference on his own at street level. Christ, you're retarded.

>Peter didn't even hesitate before ruining Liz's life and on her big dance to boot.
Yep, he sure should've let her dad sell WMDs to criminals and terrorists so he could make one teenage girl happy.
>>
>>94406639
Fuck man, I don't know. Call it damage control if you want, but her name is literally Michelle Jones, not Mary Jane Watson.

>“We never even looked at it as a big reveal necessarily but more of just a fun homage to his past adventures and his past love. She’s not Mary Jane Watson. She never was Mary Jane Watson. She was always this new high school character, Michelle, who we know there’s an “M” in Michelle and an “M” in Mary. [laughs] So we’re so clever and we thought, ‘Wouldn’t it be neat if her initials were MJ?’ And then I think it leaked that she would be playing MJ and then it became a whole headache for Zendaya to have to navigate. It was never a big, ‘Oh my God, it’s a big reveal!’ There are big reveals in the movie. That’s not one of them.”

Straight from Kevin Feige himself.
>>
The bad guys won. Vulture was right about everything.
>>
>>94406733
Not the guy you're replying to but Spider-man's classic motivation was always his inability to prevent Ben's death, not trying to impress Tony Stark.

No, they don't need to retread it, but an acknowledgement to one of the building tenets of the character would be nice.
>>
>>94406360
Tom Holland is the gayest Spider-man ever.
>>
>>94406807
Vulture was a hypocrite that was already rich before he did the last heist.

I'm consistently amazed how /co/ seems to miss the point of the character and even the basic themes of this movie.
>>
File: 1230359-guys_laughing_2_.jpg (37KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1230359-guys_laughing_2_.jpg
37KB, 600x404px
>>94406774
>Kevin Feige
>says he wants to bring in the Aunt May finds out scene because it's emotional n' shit.
>allows a fucking hack like Watts to flush it down the drain as a gag
Is Feige the greatest ruseman in all of capeshit?
>>
>>94406510
I'm struggling to remember if he quipped even once.
>>
>>94406360

jackie chan
>>
>>94406894
Tony was already rich before he allowed Stane to sell weapons to terrorists.

I'm consistently amazed how /co/ seems to miss the point of the character and even the basic themes of this movie.
>>
>>94406907
I guess. He did make the most successful film franchise ever out of Marvel characters that never even had successful cartoon runs, much less name recognition.
>>
>>94406401
The infinity war trailer shows his Spider sense
>>
>>94406957
Stane was doing it behind Tony's back.

>>
>>94406550
>Kylie will never be in the MCU
Why live?
>>
>>94406957
Why are you implying there was anything remotely noble of about what Toomes was doing? He was selling to keep his family and crew from starving. That was 8 years before the events of the movie. Do you have any idea how much money you need to have a house that nice in fucking New York suburbs?

Having a point in a hypothetical talk about Tony Stark and literally selling alien weapons of mass destruction to terrorists are two very different things. And Tony didn't allow shit. Its his entire arc, retard.
>>
>>94406989
That was his arm, not spidersense anon.
>>
>>94406885
Didn't Andrew Garfield come out the other month? At least Holland's still repressing it.
>>
>>94407024
>it's okay when rich people do it!
And Tony is STILL allowed to get richer by smashing shit up and getting paid to rebuild it. Of course, we all know the law only applies to those who aren't part of the oligarchy.
>>94407001
Tony was still irresponsibly allowing Stane to do whatever the fuck without any oversight. That's on him.

>>
>>94407001
Wait, really? I don't remember that part, but it's been a long time. I thought the point was that Tony had gotten so wealthy that he stopped caring about where his money came from. He didn't think about the consequences beyond himself until he was actually affected by them. Stane doing it behind his back instead of his company doing it and Tony simply wasn't aware because he didn't give enough of a fuck to follow every aspect of his company changes a lot of his character arc.
>>
>>94406885
Shut up
>>
I feel like this movie was missing a really great action sequence with The Vulture. Personally I wanted to see Peter have a SM2 level sequence against Toomes in Manhattan where he tries skyscraper level web swinging for the first time
>>
>>94407113
Tony did literally nothing wrong. Frankly, the contracts should have been honored by the government, not Tony, but with a payout. They're the ones that actually fucked over Toomes.

You know you're wrong, anon. But thats okay cause every Homecoming thread is just shitposting general.
>>
This film does have notable faults, but what really irks me is when people say Uncle Ben had no presence in the movie. When Peter decides to ditch Liz at the dance to go after Toomes, thats where Uncle Ben mattered because its another instance where Peter had a choice to do something or follow his own interests. But we really could have used a moment where Peter looked at a photo of Ben or something that small, because apparently people need to see him get shot for him to matter
>>
>>94407234
This. The final "fight" was only slightly better than Whiplash in Iron Man 2.
>>
>>94407032
Do you expect cgi lightning to shoot from his head?
>>
>>94406360
why was 2/3rds of this movie spiderman being shit at his job
>>
>>94407404
Being a rookie mixed with Parker Luck? I blame Stark's shitty suit, it really was counterproductive
>>
>>94406894
>having a nice house makes you rich

Ever see that documentary about fast NBA/NFL players go broke? Vulture would be in the same boat
>>
>>94407431
this is really what made me dislike this movie, I feel like it could have been at the very least mindlessly enjoyable but having spidey be a clumsy beat and being so hung up about tony's agent letting him BE spiderman really annoyed me

I wanted to see spiderman not "13 year old fights with his dad to extend his bedtime"
>>
>>94407404
Because he's been Spider-man for like 6 months. Vulture was the first supervillain he actually fought.

Civil War was probably the first fight he was ever in.
>>
Serious question: did Peter actually learn anything from the boat incident? I don't see how his actions on the plane were any different, he still could have inadvertently killed dozens of people. Yet because he succeeded it's suddenly okay.

What's to stop him recklessly going after bad guys and putting people in danger again?
>>
>>94407506
it was more of a complaint on a writing level rather than a logical one, I dont think watching a superhero flop around like a moron for 2 hours constitutes a fun movie
>>
File: spiderman.jpg (500KB, 1270x1231px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.jpg
500KB, 1270x1231px
>>94406360
I thought the recreation of this scene in the movie was pretty shallow. It was more about proving himself in the movie, and while that fit better with the film's plot, the original scene in the comics had a lot more impact in Peter's character IMO
>>
>>94407542
He tried to get help from the authorities before he went after the plane though so yeah he'd clearly learned something.
>>
>>94407692
>Asks for permission first.
He's already doing better than the Avengers did.
>>94407636
I think the fact he cries like a bitch before doing what needs doing really took away from the whole thing.
>>
>>94407792
>Asks for permission first
Well he tried to tell happy that his plane was getting jacked. Then when that failed he did what he had to. Which does make him less gungho than the Avengers come to think of it.
>>
File: 'fuck me'.gif (2MB, 268x370px) Image search: [Google]
'fuck me'.gif
2MB, 268x370px
>>94406885
He can't keep getting away with it
>>
>>94406926
A... Little bit?
>When he fucked up the weapons deal
>When he found the guy trying to buy the gun and webbed him to the car
....Uh. That's all I remember, really. Only saw it once in a locally owned theater because I'm #Woke or something.
>>
Most inaccurate take on the character yet and it clearly showed that the writers have no respect for the franchise.
>>
>>94407903
What did they ask him to do that that was his response?
>>
>>94407792
>I think the fact he cries like a bitch before doing what needs doing really took away from the whole thing.
Well, Peter in the movie is a freshman in high-school who was going through his first serious struggle, while in the comics Peter just started university and faced tons of villains already
>>
File: holland harrison full gay.png (478KB, 510x480px) Image search: [Google]
holland harrison full gay.png
478KB, 510x480px
>>94407080
>At least Holland's still repressing it.
Lol NOOOOOOOO he is not.
Like, at all.
And if he is (That beard he's with after the film) he's not doing it very well at all.

Plus, as a fag myself, this is a very true and real thing. Look at these queers.
https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2013/06/10/op-ed-why-do-so-many-us-date-our-clones
>>
The scene with Peter and Liz fucking didn't last long enough
>>
>>94407984
Him crying takes away from the importance of the scene. The point of If This Be My Destiny was that Peter was completely okay with dying. He put up a good fight and was ready to embrace the inevitable, but it's when he remembers his loved ones and what might happen if he dies Peter finds the power to lift the object. It was so far from the mark in Homecoming that I question whether or not the writers even read it.
>>
>>94408173
That's why I said it felt shallow. If the movie stood alone the scene would be fine, but since the source was so much more impactful, it makes the movie scene feel like a hollow imitation
>>
>>94408059
I dont remember a scene with them fucking......
>>
I disliked how Spiderman was more Iron-Spider than Spiderman
>>
>>94408241

Oh you were in the bathroom during that part. The theater gasped pretty hard when she started kissing all over his neck and was saying "fuck me on the ceiling".

It was kinda out of place.
>>
>>94406360

No spider sense.
That fucking beak on Flash.
MJ not a redhead.
Not a single fucking mention of Uncle Ben.
>>
>>94406550
Or maybe she's just an anti-social fuck who wants to feel superior to everyone else, as shown by every single line she had in the movie.
>>
>>94406360

Twink has no ass
Twink is a twink
Third reboot is one reboot to many
>>
>>94408236
And that's just the thing isn't it. All these people are trying to reinvent Ditko Spider-Man and bring him into the modern age. Before going to Homecoming I re-read Ditko to familiarize myself and I realized that it's fucking timeless. You can set that era of Spider-Man in any time period and nothing would change. So why do they constantly try to mess with what shouldn't be messed with?
>>
>>94407344
That's you filling in what the movie never establishes. It's the same mistake Man of Steel and Batman v Superman fell into.

Even Civil War did this but it was a bit better since Peter was clearly troubled over something. Here it hardly feels like he lost someone close to him, let alone got him killed.
>>
>>94408438
Because someone did it first so they "have" to be different this time.

The suit demonstrates this in a nutshell. It's all tacticool and teched out since Stark made it, since they had Stark be his replacement father figure, since they have to be different.
>>
>>94408547
Like TASM

The suit was extremeee and he was a skater since they had to be different

He looks up to his missing dad more than Uncle Ben who dies over chocolate milk since they had to be different
>>
>>94406360
The need to turn aunt may into a younger character
>>
>>94406360
The CGI suit was off, but that's it for me. I went in expecting literally nothing and I got one of my favorite MCU movies. Not the best one, but definitely top 5.
>>
>>94406360
Too much high school shit, not enough Spider-Maning

action restricted to the suburbs and was mostly peter flailing about incompetently.

Turning Tony into a psuedo father figure for Peter is a terrible idea and devalues the characters previous history

"MJ" as an obnoxious cunt
>>
>>94408736
>action restricted to the suburbs and was mostly peter flailing about incompetently.
It was a fresh take on the whole origin story trope, he was a rookie but he was competent and you could see that he is improving and I really liked that even though Tony took away the suit he still wanted to do the right thing and never gave up, actually saved the villain, etc.
>Turning Tony into a psuedo father figure for Peter is a terrible idea and devalues the characters previous history
I think it adds to both their characters really. Peter lost Uncle Ben and Tony has serious daddy issues + no kid of his own so their relationship is really natural.
>"MJ" as an obnoxious cunt
I liked obnoxious cunt MJ desu, she is such a fucking loser it's adorable
>>
>>94408877
>I think it adds to both their characters really. Peter lost Uncle Ben and Tony has serious daddy issues + no kid of his own so their relationship is really natural.
How the fuck is taking away the main characters ENTIRE motivation adding to his character? It just makes him more shallow, not to mention Tony represents everything Peter should stand against.

>I liked obnoxious cunt MJ desu, she is such a fucking loser it's adorable
She's shit and absolute trash compared to the complex character Mary Jane is.
>>
>>94408020
Anon I know this is 4chan but having a friend you like to hang around with isn't a sign of being gay.
>>
>>94409359
Yeah me and my bros jerk each other off all the time, it's not gay because we're secure about our sexuality
>>
>>94406360
Jackie Chan.
>>
>>94409723
But all the threads of him being gay are just people pudding pictures of him and his best friend, you get a picture of them jacking off together then I'll agree.
>>
>>94406360
bad cgi
>>
>>94406446
>There's literally nothing in this that feels like an origin for a Spider-man Cinematic Universe.
Everything in this film is an origin of sorts. We are re-introduced to Peter, we meet his supporting cast, we see how he becomes his own hero thanks to Papa Stark, although he still can't stand on his own two feet as a hero. So in a way it's a prelude to an origin story.
>>
Vulture views about tony stark were simply retarded, his "tony stark don't care" is cringeworthy, Tony almost died to protect everyone, looks like the writer didn't even watched avengers

The supporting cast was also terrible, everytime the girl,bully or the fat guy talked i wanted to skip the scene.
>>
>>94407431
To be fair that's because Peter jail broke it, the training wheels program and the AI's congratulating him on completing a training program makes it seem he was supposed to unlock it gradually allowing all the functions to be more intuitive
>>
>>94406550
It just felt really weird and out of place with every other (of the like ten) lines she had in the movie being passive cynicism.

>fast paced fun quippy Spiderman REMEMBER THE SLAVES oh geez his fat asian friend likes the death star xD
>>
Quips
Tony Stark
Jackie Chan
>>
>>94409967
It's probably not common knowledge that Tony flew a space nuke fired at New York by SHIELD through a space portal and then fell back to Earth
>>
>muh spider sense
Why /co/ cry so much about it?
In the first trilogy Spiderman got caught by surprise a lot of times. Even writers ignore it for the sake of the plot very often.
>>
>>94408293
This. It really doesn't matter if she's right or wrong.
>>
>>94407080
I have no idea about Garfield coming out or not, but even if he did, Holland still has him beat on being the gayest.

>>94407152
No.

>>94407903
I agree.
>>
>>94409064
...how is that removing anything from Peter? He already explained in CW his motivations are all about responsibility, the call to action from Tony made him go a bit over his head but he never stopped caring for people and by the end he realizes he doesn't need to be part of the biggest international team to make a difference, to be Spider-Man. And since you guys like to pretend everything has to be exactly like the original comics to be even remotely acceptable, how is the Avengers distraction any different from Peter bothering the F4 for a quick buck right after Ben's death? And why should Peter hate Tony?
>>
"MJ"

Harder next time OP.
>>
>>94409885
So the fuck what

None of that shit makes it its own universe. You can't bitch about Papa Stark and then say its prelude to an unrelated universe.
>>
>>94406360
Not enough Hannibal Buress
>>
>>94408669
You're right, an aunt should always be pushing 80
>>
>>94406360
It felt like peter kept switching motivations from the childlike desire to be a badass hero and genuinely trying to do good for good sake. I believe that was the intent, since he's a teen and doesn't fully understand his own personal motivations and identity, but it felt more like lazy character writing.

Also Tom Holland looking much older than Laura Harrier, yet meant to be her junior. A lot of films do it but it always bothers me.
>>
>>94406360
Why was Flash Thompson a chubby indian manlet?
>>
>>94406431
You really think Vulture needed more screentime? AND Ned?
>>
>>94406378
because spiderman is a beta
>>
>>94406360
Spiderman is an idiot. Borderline retard who has to ask everyone for help for the simplest things.
>>
>>94412991
thank fuck he's not a Mary Sue
>>
>>94406733
The most tasteless man on earth
>>
>>94406360
ACKTUALLY IT"S ""NATIVE AMERICANS""
>>
>>94406360
It's native american.
>>
>>94411142
>how is that removing anything from Peter?
Because Ben is Peter's motivation and he was hardly referenced.
> He already explained in CW his motivations are all about responsibility
In the most vague as possible way.
>the call to action from Tony made him go a bit over his head but he never stopped caring for people and by the end he realizes he doesn't need to be part of the biggest international team to make a difference, to be Spider-Man.
He should have already learned that lesson when his Uncle died.
>And since you guys like to pretend everything has to be exactly like the original comics to be even remotely acceptable
I'd at lest like it to be /somewhat/ like the source material. Yes.
>how is the Avengers distraction any different from Peter bothering the F4 for a quick buck right after Ben's death?
Because one was about him trying to help his dying Aunt with the bills and the other is him selfishly trying to get closer to people he looks up to. And while we're on the subject, Peter was a dick to the Fantastic Four in that issue you're referencing, which I know for a fact you didn't read, you filthy casual.
>And why should Peter hate Tony?
Because that's the way it was in the comics. Wanna know why? Because Tony Stark is the embodiment of everything he stands against. Tony Stark takes credit for his heroing, profits off of it, and treats the title like a rock star. These are the same exact reasons Uncle Ben died in the first place. There's a reason why the theme song has "Wealth and fame, he's ignored". Teen Peter doesn't take shit from the other heroes (save for Cap) because he resents them for petty reasons which he doesn't get over till YEARS of character development.
>b-b-but muh Civil War
First of all, if you're sourcing that piece of trash arc then you've already lost the argument. Second of all, Peter was well into his adult years then and already went through that meaningful character development. But more importantly than (cont.)
>>
>>94414005
that, Tony Stark was tricking him and ultimately betrayed him, which cemented that Peter was in the right for hating him in the first place.
>>
>>94414005
>In the most vague as possible way
They literally just made him say the responsibility speech but rephrasing it differently, how is that vague?

And can't he have doubts? He's a kid, is SM2 also character assassination because of Peter giving up the Spiderman persona, openly ignoring emergencies around him?

And the part about Tony is exactly what I'm talking about, Spider-Man hasn't been petty around other heroes FOR AGES. And i don't mean just in the main comic, every quasi-reboot, elseworlds or adaptation never felt compelling to explore that part of history again, there's really no reason to, it's not the '60s anymore where it was strange to see a teen hero that wasn't anyone's sidekick. Plus you're all acting like that when it came to it Peter never got mad at Tony. Even the fucking trailer showed more fighting between the two than not but everyone's too busy bitching about Tony's mere presence to take notice

And don't act like it was Civil War that started their friendly relationship, you're hiding behind specifically picked 50 years old panels and pages to demonstrate there needs to be divide between them, you can't pretend you're not just by going "hurr it's because he has to develop from that", it's simply not a thing anymore, and even if it wasn't you should really get in the optic that movies sre just another elseworlds where things can be reworked to fit new contexts

An anon in another thread said it better, these big arguments you people make to show how OUTRAGEOUS this movie is are nothing but forced and ultimately weak attempts to fight something post-fact, taking the movie's plot points one by one and coming up with what you consider the right alternative. These aren't arguments about Peter's characters, it's just a big "movie did x but it shouldn't have because fuck the movie"
>>
>>94406360
It is not as rewatchable as any of the Raimi spidey movies.
It is a decent marvel movie, but not a spidey movie.
>>
>>94414586
>They literally just made him say the responsibility speech but rephrasing it differently, how is that vague?
"When I don't act bad things happen" is the most vague as fuck way you can put "my uncle who raised me like a son got shot because I didn't act".
>And can't he have doubts? He's a kid
Doubts about what? This Peter seems to be a 100% on board with this hero life and doesn't seem to care that his uncle died just months ago.
>He's a kid, is SM2 also character assassination because of Peter giving up the Spiderman persona, openly ignoring emergencies around him?
Raimi was adapting Spider-Man No More dumb dumb. How the fuck can it be a character assassination when that's one of the most famous Spider-Man stories. Also, who the hell brought up Raimi?
>And the part about Tony is exactly what I'm talking about, Spider-Man hasn't been petty around other heroes FOR AGES.
Only after years of character development. Which I stated before. And I'm not touching the other part of the argument, because we're not talking about alternate takes we're talking about the source material.
>it's not the '60s anymore where it was strange to see a teen hero that wasn't anyone's sidekick.
Yeah, because Peter was historically the first to ever break away from that. And what do they do in this movie? Make him a sidekick.
>Plus you're all acting like that when it came to it Peter never got mad at Tony.
He didn't. Not once in the entire film.
>Even the fucking trailer showed more fighting between the two than not but everyone's too busy bitching about Tony's mere presence to take notice
More like Peter pathetically and uncharacteristically begging.
>And don't act like it was Civil War that started their friendly relationship.
No, it was like, a couple years before if I remember correct. And like I said YEARS of character development got him to that point.
>you're hiding behind specifically picked 50 years old panels and pages to demonstrate there needs to be (cont)
>>
>>94415525
divide between them
That's because teen Peter was 50 years ago, which is what this story is using.
>you can't pretend you're not just by going "hurr it's because he has to develop from that"
Yeah, he does, that's the ENTIRE point of Spider-Man. He's a cape character with a shit ton of character development. We, as the reader, get to see him grow up and see his character and outlook on life change due to his experiences. Which is very novel for a super hero.
>it's simply not a thing anymore
Because he's an adult now with different experiences.
>and even if it wasn't you should really get in the optic that movies sre just another elseworlds where things can be reworked to fit new contexts
Ditko era Spider-Man is the last story that needs to be reworked for context. That shit applies to any time period you drop the story in.
>An anon in another thread said it better, these big arguments you people make to show how OUTRAGEOUS this movie is are nothing but forced and ultimately weak attempts to fight something post-fact
Yeah, no fuck. You need to see a movie before you have an opinion on it.
>taking the movie's plot points one by one and coming up with what you consider the right alternative.
When have I talked about one by one plot points? This movie is flawed on a fundamental level.
>These aren't arguments about Peter's characters
Peter has /never/ acted the way he has in this movie except in the Ultimate cartoon.
>>
>>94406550
>Now the stone itself may have been mined by slaves, but then again pretty much anything built before the Civil War most likely had some kind of slave labor utilized at some point...particularly around D.C.
That's the point of the quote you dumbass.
>>
>>94406360
Zendaya's character was only there for cringy "jokes" when the screentime could've been used for better things.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.