[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confirm/deny: Seth MacFarlane is a much better voice actor than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Seth_MacFarlane_(7607033712).jpg (111KB, 800x992px) Image search: [Google]
Seth_MacFarlane_(7607033712).jpg
111KB, 800x992px
Confirm/deny: Seth MacFarlane is a much better voice actor than he is a writer/animator.
>>
>>94404168
Confirm.

He should have just done acting/signing.
>>
I don't really like his work all that much, but I've gotta admit, his career path has been really interesting. Like he took the most unconventional way to becoming an actor with name recognition.
>>
>>94404729
I don't even like his work much either, but I have to admit I'm looking forward to the Orville thing he's doing.
>>
>>94404168
How do you know that when he hasn't written/animated anything in years?

>but his shows--

are done by other people, he just goes in to record his lines, pass off any script and get money for shit he actually cares about
>>
The Family Guy episodes that he personally writes are bretty gud. It's his writing team that's shit.
>>
>>94404168
It's pretty obvious singing is what he always wanted to do, and it's definitely what he's best at
>>
>>94404168
Absolutely. I don't enjoy his art style or his comedy but he is an extremely talented voice actor and singer.
>>
had to think about it and put my blind hatred of the man aside.

i hate you op, for making me think rationally about this but yes, i am now forced to give the man props for being a decent voice actor.

doesn't excuse everything else, but i give him credit for that talent at least.
>>
>>94404168
Absolutely confirmed.
>>
>>94404168
For sure. His voice work is actually pretty great. Its just been wasted on family guy
>>
>>94404749
>I'm looking forward to the Orville thing he's doing.

I'm worried it's going to be Galaxy Quest but completely shitty.
>>
>>94404168
He'd make a damn good crooner.
>>
I wonder if Seth regrets doing so many Family Guy voices. He seems to desperately want out of the show.
>>
Yeah, if nothing else his role in Hellboy II makes the rest of his career worth it to me
>>
Yeah that's true.
>>
>>94404774
False, he wrote Ted and one million ways to die and they both:
sucked
and were just like family guy in writting
>>
>>94404168
Untrue. He has a great voice but is a terrible actor. He delivers every line with the exact same cadence for every character, even wildly different characters like Roger and Stan. Their voices may be different, but the way they speak is the same. I'm aware that AD is better than FG, but I still can't watch it because I'm so sick of the way his characters speak as much as I'm sick of those same stupid copy-pasted poses the characters use.

In fact I'd argue he may even be a better writer, because the only funny Family Guy episodes were the earliest ones when he was actually writing the show.
>>
I liked him in Sing.
>>
He's pretty awful and untalented but that's this modern age for you, when people like the Jenner/Kardasians can not only become millionaires for literally nothing, but put their worthless names on crap that will sell for an excessive price because the masses are too stupid to simply buy for quality or comfort.

The ONLY good thing about him is that he now has money that he's willing to spend on things like COSMOS and he knows enough to do nothing else because he accepts that he's too stupid for words in a real environment.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.