[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read about this big guy and don't know what to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: shazam.jpg (80KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
shazam.jpg
80KB, 768x433px
I want to read about this big guy and don't know what to read, I was hoping you anons could guide me a bit.
>>
>>94389369
>I was hoping you anons could guide me a bit

Use Google. There, I've saved you the trouble of making countless threads for simple questions in the future.
>>
52 features him and black adam in a nice way, but mostly adam

black adam is more interesting anyway
>>
>>94389431
You're basically redirecting me to some random comicvine thread with no selection at all, anon. Doesn't help a lot.

>>94389442
Thank you. I'll look for it, then.
>>
File: captain-marvel.png (539KB, 831x900px) Image search: [Google]
captain-marvel.png
539KB, 831x900px
>>94389369
Add the issue of Multiversity that was about him, and the Convergence miniseries, and there you go.
>>
>>94389369
Why is Dr Sivana so great?
>>
>>94389624
>You're basically redirecting me to some random comicvine thread with no selection at all

But you'll get the exact same recs? And you'll probably see a discussion about why 52 is only worth reading when you have the proper context.

>Doesn't help a lot

Telling you to try things for yourself is the best advice you'll ever get.
>>
>>94389442
this poster has shit taste
>>
What's the comic where Shazam is crying on a snowy mountain and Superman comes to ask why he nearly killed some dude and then he finds out Shazam is just a kid?
>>
>>94389737
Ok, anon. Maybe you could try start some actual interesting discussion about Cap Marvel if you are really that annoyed by op.

>>94389673
Got it.

>>94389839
Any other suggestions?
>>
>>94389431
god forbid we give an anon some reccs instead of lettings faggots like neogaf or reddit recommend he read "the real captain marvel"
>>
>>94389673
>Whiz Comics
Why he no public domain?
>>
>>94390124
As far as I know, using the golden age version, as it is in its first apparition, is totally legal now. It's the most modern approach that has problems with copyrights.
>>
>>94390174
very interesting. very interesting indeed.

I know a webcomic or two who could use some spicy lightening.
>>
File: black_adam.jpg (92KB, 1181x701px) Image search: [Google]
black_adam.jpg
92KB, 1181x701px
>>
File: cpt_marvel_jr.jpg (136KB, 942x568px) Image search: [Google]
cpt_marvel_jr.jpg
136KB, 942x568px
>>94390309
>>
File: mary_marvel.jpg (263KB, 1021x765px) Image search: [Google]
mary_marvel.jpg
263KB, 1021x765px
>>94390335
>>
File: Shazam_and_Bone_by_Jeff_Smith.jpg (122KB, 1199x789px) Image search: [Google]
Shazam_and_Bone_by_Jeff_Smith.jpg
122KB, 1199x789px
>>94389369

Shazam and the Monster Society of Evil by Jeff Smith. Its wonderful
>>
>>94390101
>Maybe you could try start some actual interesting discussion about Cap Marvel

This thread isn't about interesting discussion. It's literally spoonfeeding you recommendations that you could Google.

If you'd read some stuff, made a thread saying "I've read X, what did you think of it it and what else should I read?" then there'd be something to talk about.

This thread ran out of potential as soon as >>94389673 was posted for the gazillionth time.

>>94390102
Ms. Marvel has some good comics too though and OP should definitely read them to see for himself.
>>
>>94390407
>It's literally spoonfeeding you recommendations that you could Google.

>>>/a/

you can go to your shitty SEKRIT CLUB but here on /co/ we're happy to help.
>>
>>94390609
>/co/ is wuv

Literally cancer.

But seriously, not even being elitist, if you want someone to actually get into comics then encouraging them to discover things for themselves is the best way to go about it. Yes, they'll read some shit comics as a result of it but that can't be avoided and they'll learn from the experience. It gives them the opportunity to develop their own taste rather than just a list that was parroted at them on /co/ or the exact same list you'd find on Comicvine, Reddit, DC/Marvel wikia etc...
>>
>>94390609
he's clearly being a faggot. I figured it out with his ms. marvel response.
>>
>>94390026
Superman/Shazam First Thunder
>>
>>94390775
but seriously, you're a faggot.

you don't get people into fine cuisine by letting them eat dog shit. you give them some reccs. unless you're and insufferable faggot. like carol danvers.
>>
>>94390823
"first thunder"

does billy get his first bad grade?
>>
>>94390848
>you don't get people into fine cuisine by letting them eat dog shit

What a dog shit analogy.

>you give them some reccs

My question is why can't OP Google these recs? With any popular cape character you will get the same handful of stories recommended every single time. Especially a character like Captain Marvel where there isn't even that wide of a selection.
>>
>>94390399
Second this.
>>
>>94390984
my question is if you're such a faggot about it why don't you fuck off back to whatever shitty cartoon it is faggots like you discuss these days.
>>
>>94390775

We're not telling them to avoid shitty comics, they'll get their on their own sooner rather than later. But if you want someone to be won over you hit them with the good stuff out the gate.

There's so much shit out there they don't need help to find it. An actual fan community should be there to rough out the edges not throw them to the wolves.
>>
>>94391075
I get that but the mentality behind recs is "I want to avoid shitty comics" at best and "I'm too lazy to look it up" at worst.

Is there much difference to OP being recommended Monster Society of Evil here compared to the countless places you'll see it listed if you look up good Captain Marvel/Shazam stories?
>>
>>94390775
He wasn't OP, I was.
I don't have a lot of time right now and wanted something nice to read this night. I've got interested in Captain Marvel and wanted to read nice stories with him, or get introduced to him with enjoyable stuff. I'm not new to comics, but it's a character I barely know.

That's why I asked, in short.
You can still turn any thread into something else. Or just let it die and be forgotten by not posting.
>>
>>94390399
>>94390365
>>94390335
>>94390309
>>94391021
Thank you guys, again.

Just to make something more out of this thread.
I often see the problem with the name of the ongoings being discussed, with being Shazam and not Captain Marvel, and the thing about the alter ego being actually wanted to be changed into Shazam too, now. I was wondering, if they're going to do it, what are they going to do to the remaining Marvel family members? Wouldn't have a lot of sense calling them after the Marvel motive, right?
>>
>>94391195

Most people who ask have no familiarity of the character and want a good jumping on point. Most any other list you find is people going to try selling TPBs or some shit site like CBR.

Really you're acting like there's hundreds of places he could ask when there's really not.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.