[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I wrote a book, and I wanted to share some of the artwork I did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

I wrote a book, and I wanted to share some of the artwork I did for it. I'm working on a short graphic novel next, and I way underestimated the amount of work it would be.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1500660234480.jpg (7KB, 191x191px) Image search: [Google]
1500660234480.jpg
7KB, 191x191px
>>94386107
> IDK
>>
>>94386107
You'll get a lot more love in the art threads and 'Hows your webcomic' threads OP. Nice stuff tho
>>
File: IMG_2290.jpg (144KB, 1275x1275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2290.jpg
144KB, 1275x1275px
I'm doing my best. I don't think anyone would care if I didn't illustrate it. The book's free on Amazon if anybody wants to check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Science-Fiction-Anthology-Future-ebook/dp/B0744GHMRY
>>
File: IMG_2301.png (227KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2301.png
227KB, 500x669px
I also did a horror book, and I did stuff inspired by Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.
>>
File: IMG_2302.png (381KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2302.png
381KB, 500x613px
>>
>>94386107
>>94386121
>>94386192
>>94386518
>>94387614
>>94387647
You definitely have talent. But your page layouts are all the same. The majority of them are just heads in the middle of the page. Then your one different one is just in the middle of the page also. So even though they are all different drawings they all look the same.
>>
>>94389571

They're for a book. They kind of have to be.
>>
>>94390024
I think that is an opinion that will be fairly unheld on a discussion board about comics.

Something I quickly learned when I moved from comics into writing as a career was that all the lessons from comics about placing text and images on a page actually apply to prose as well, they are just used less frequently. Most prose writers are effectively working at the same handicap as comic writers who do a straight grid panel layout.
>>
Doing comic layouts requires a lot of setting. My current comic is mostly held outside in farm fields, and it's challenging to get than sense of place.

My biggest worry is that the story is about kids drowning in a cave, which actually happened to some friends of mine. I'm concerned they'll see the inspiration and be angry about it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.