[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Eli Bradley? How does the new Patriot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

What did you think of Eli Bradley? How does the new Patriot compare to him?
>>
>>94365994
Idc. Fuck the truth.
>>
>>94365994

New Patriot sucks.

Eli was dope, and idk why the fuck Marvel has abandoned him
>>
>>94368084
Seems like there's a rights issue with the Bradleys
>>
>>94365994
Bro needs to get up in Kate's guts.
>>
who?
>>
I really like Eli. It feels bizarre that he got written out of the entire Marvel U, basically, and you really feel his absence in Secret Empire. I assume there's a rights issue as >>94368125 says.
>>
>>94368084
>New Patriot sucks.

How?
>>
>>94368125
>>94373210
Why would there be a rights issue?
>>
>>94373332
People can't think of any other reason why Eli hasn't shown up in anything in ages, despite several of his former teammates appearing in things.

Hell, in the most recent issue of Captain America: Sam Wilson, Sam asks the new Patriot if Eli knew about him. The new kid said that he checked in with him first for permission, and was given the go ahead. He also said Eli retired and was working some mundane government related job, voter registration or something like that. No flashback, no actual appearance, the mantle is passed on and he's written out with barely any acknowledgement off-screen.

That, and every time someone asked if they could use him, higher ups would shut them down, using the excuse that "there's plans for him in another book". But then that never ends up happening.
>>
>>94373446
Not to mention that Isaiah Bradley wasn't included in that 75th Anniversary "All Captain Americas" cover. And you'd think that at some point Sam Wilson would have gone to talk to the guy or at least mention him.
>>
>>94373908
Also, Marvel took the Captain America: Truth book out of print.
>>
>>94365994
Is Captain America a nigger nowadays?
>>
>>94374820
Are you? Because you can't read
>>
>>94365994

He was a great character that had a great redemption arc. Yes, he was on superhero boosting drugs and then got a blood transfusion from his uncle but even if the story itself was stupid it gave him some character growth. And his love/hate with Kate was great.

He dodged a bullet not being in Gillen's YA but now he's in limbo.
>>
>>94365994
His backstory was great and even if he fucked up alot it was usually the sort of endearing fuckups that we see in pym and others where you want to root for em.
>>
There's a new Patriot?
>>
>>94373446
As an Eli fan this is the most unsatisfying end possible. Who's the new one?
>>
>>94376343
Rayshaun the kid who was inspired by Rage to riot and firebomb a bank, and then somehow got out of New York before the darkforce dome came down and got in contact with Rick Jones' so he could give the files on the suspected locations of the Cosmic Cube shards to the Resistance.
I have no idea how he managed either

The Tony Stark AI made him a Patriot suit based on drawings Rayshaun drew after he was inspired by a speech by Captain Falcon
>>
Comics to read on ourguy Eli?
>>
>>94373446
There was a rights issue with one of them, but not Eli. Shatterstar? Dwarf Star? Star-something.

It's possible there were plans to use Eli in another book. Sometimes with a low-interest character it's like that: like checking out a library book again and again because nobody else wants it, then finding one day that somebody else has it and you won't see it for a long, long time.

That is of course why we have Jessica Jones: because Marvel had plans for her on another title and didn't want to hand her over to Bendis for his MAX series, and why she's the laziest copy (unreliable, ill-defined powers, shit at her job, private detective, crap superhero, shitty person) of Jessica Drew possible.

But the book they had planned never came through (because it in turn depended on something else which was delayed, I think was the explanation), so in the end it wasn't even necessary.

>>94373908
Yeah, the cover's a shame, but maybe that and the lack of appearance in-story is just because they don't feel it would be easy to explain to new readers. Which would be good, in a way, because it would mean they're getting new readers, who will eventually have it all rehashed for them.

On the other hand it could just mean they looked at the kind of abuse they get daily for being "SJW" and thought fuck it, let's not deal with the mail from fuckwits who are mad that there's two black Captains America.

>>94374806
Trades go in and out of print. Generally they get a run and when the stock runs down, it's "out of print", even though it's still sitting on shelves at retailers; it then takes anything up to a couple of years even for popular titles to find space in the schedule for a new run.

There's no continual printing because there's no point; the machines they use aren't economical for small runs (I know Amazon does print on demand, but my experience of it for prose it that the quality is fuckawful).
>>
>>94377625
Young Avengers vol 1+2, Cap 600 backup story, Nomad: Girl Without a World mini, Avengers: Children's Crusade

>>94375102
He was dead or vanished in Gillen's YA.

Never did explain it.

>>94373210
In Children's Crusade he's a possible future Captain America, so there's that

also the first Patriot, Jeffry Mace, was the third official and fourth actual Captain America arising from the super-soldier program
>>
I think having 2 Blacks Captain America will dismish the "wokeness" of FalCap so they limbo him. Wich is a shame because Eli was a good character and will put a better example of "diversity".
>>
>>94377819
>There was a rights issue with one of them, but not Eli. Shatterstar? Dwarf Star? Star-something.
Battlestar, Walker's black "Bucky"?
>>
>>94378517
That's the bunny.
>>
>>94376384
That sounds fucking awful. Has Night Thrasher met Rage again yet?
>>
>>94378384
Good because Sam is going back to being Falcon and his sidekick will be the new Patriot. Steve will be Cap again.

>>94379523
Rage died after getting a prison beatdown.
>>
>>94378517
He was just in an issue of Sam Cap, so I don't see any legal issues going on there.

>>94379568
No, Rage was put in a coma.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.