[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Cartoon Network gives enough money to studi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: source.gif (405KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
source.gif
405KB, 500x281px
Why doesn't Cartoon Network gives enough money to studios to create great action cartoons anymore like The Boondocks? The Boondocks wasn't even an action cartoon nor had toys to sell, yet they had good fight scenes and animation that would make any Anime look pale in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExoD5QtJmRs
>>
>>94359690
Isn't CN struggling to survive. I heard once that they were in a shitty state financially.
>>
>>94359690
Because shows like Venture Bros, Boondocks, Black Dynamite, Superjail, anything else that is well-drawn or well-animated takes years to make and Adult Swim is fine with that because they can throw in some cheap, quick filler shows or experimental shorts during the wait.

CN on the other hand, wants a more consistent production schedule and doesn't care for experimental.
>>
File: chin.gif (179KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
chin.gif
179KB, 375x375px
>>94359690
> that would make any Anime look pale in comparison.
You need to watch anime that isn't Dragon Ball Super.
>>
>>94360204
Most action scenes in anime actually have god awful choreography, they're just animated well and incredibly flashy. Of course, there are some fights in every series that are amazing (Obito vs Kakshi in Naruto: Shippuden) but otherwise they're just not that great.
>>
>>94360296
>Using Naruto as an example of standout fight scenes.
Sure it has a handful of good fights here and there but there's shitloads of anime that outclass it and Boondocks.
>>
>>94360373
Are you retarded? I mentioned only that specific fight because the choreography and atmosphere are actually great compared to very other fight in the show which is just bullshit powerups and the power of friendship.
>shitloads of anime that outclass it
Name me 5 anime right now with fights that have actually good fight scenes.
>>
File: tumblr_mn9r3ldqHI1r33r0fo1_250.gif (1016KB, 220x290px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn9r3ldqHI1r33r0fo1_250.gif
1016KB, 220x290px
>not knowing that the Boondocks' fight scenes were lifted from anime wholesale

I mean, it's not like they were trying to get away with something by hiding it or anything, ripping off anime was the whole point of the fight scenes, but that's all the more reason why holding the show up as some kind of bastion of western animation is dumb.
>>
>>94360447
>compared to very other fight
>>
>>94359690
OK KO has a pretty decent action comedy mix. Nothing like Avatar or Boondocks or other serious action cartoons, but CN wouldn't do anything like that anytime soon sadly. I hope they greelight more action-y shows like OKKO rather than more wholesome comfy slice of life where nothing ever happens type shows.
>>
>>94359690
not immediately profitable. Most anime that gets dumped each season aren't profitable. Anime also has horrible working conditions for its animators, so either you work the animators to death or you wait years and years to make a new season like Venture Bros.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.