[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a cartoon ever been as conscious of it's own critics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 03949034.png (271KB, 637x357px) Image search: [Google]
03949034.png
271KB, 637x357px
Has a cartoon ever been as conscious of it's own critics as TT GO?
>>
File: 1449181399618.png (548KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1449181399618.png
548KB, 1024x576px
>>
i want you to look me in the eye and rape me
>>
>>94354460
They've already done the the People Prefer Original Show joke several times. When will Teen Titans Go make a reference to how people are angry that it gets played too much on Cartoon Network?
>>
File: Comic_Book_Guy_WEE.jpg (21KB, 430x307px) Image search: [Google]
Comic_Book_Guy_WEE.jpg
21KB, 430x307px
Probably the Simpsons. A lot of Comic Book Guy's traits were written to take the piss out of the show's harshest fan critics.
>>
>>94354460
Drawn Together
>>
>>94354460
https://youtu.be/VqKD1hehXCI?t=85
>>
>>94354460
>Has a cartoon ever been as conscious of it's own critics as TT GO?
It's not the first to be this conscious, but it's the first to be as petty as it is about it.
It has disdain for anyone watching it who's not a child and tries to make it as much of a personal insult as they can. It's this weird sort of "we know it's shit but you're an adult watching a cartoon so you're a fucking faggot your criticisms don't matter". It's like some bizarre sort of defense mechanism, like they know they're producin g sub-par work, but they're still getting paid and they're immune from criticism because it's a kid show.
I mean, hey, Spongebob is something that's gonna be remembered for how funny it was early on, and it didn't need to shit on people to be funny. I dunno why the show is so full of vitriol but they're as much big babies as the people they criticize for criticizing them
>>
>>94354774
>but it's the first to be as petty as it is about it.
>petty
kek
>>
>>94354774
Worst thing is how it complains that there are non-children who watch the show yet make jokes which feel like an unfunny caricature from the NY Times both in structure and in topic.
>>
>>94357080
worst thing is that there is non-children that watch this show and expect to be pandered to
>>
File: Control.jpg (61KB, 656x480px) Image search: [Google]
Control.jpg
61KB, 656x480px
>>94354543
As long it involves Control Freak, I'm down.

Love that guy.
>>
>>94354460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67XNuKW704
>>
>>94357080
>bashes older audience
>references obscure moments from 30+ years old comics
Eh, probably -somewhat- tongue-in-cheek.
>>
File: ujtyhrgtr.png (97KB, 223x228px) Image search: [Google]
ujtyhrgtr.png
97KB, 223x228px
>>94357206
>preteen boy making a leafy video with no script playing minecraft with guns recording from his tablet
>he's making a legitimately good argument against CN and TTG
Thank you America for all this wonderful art
>>
I don't watch this so the fact that it jabs at nostalgiafags who won't get a clue is funny to me.
>>
>>94354774
hi enter
>>
>>94354460
Which episode this comes from? i don't watch TTGO
>>
>>94354575

probably not anymore
>>
>>94354497
>People have been complaining that I don't guard enough rare stones

God I love this show.
>>
>>94354622
this seemed more like preemptive stuff. like they were anticipating feedback. they didn't really pay attention to feedback though.
>>
>>94358559
nvm found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUiIdtwP4WM
>>
>People actually expected CN to bring back a show that got cancelled in 2006.
>Think bitching online and demanding the show be cancelled will make execs think people actually want TT.
>Said people will probably have autism fits when kids say they love Teen Titans but mean TTG.

The show itself isn't great when it tries to be toilet humour and gross-out humour, but it has funny moments like when Robin is tricked into thinking his parents are alive as a prank. There's legit reasons to dislike the schedule-spam, but it does seem popular enough with the kids and that's who they're targeting. Considering all the rage and salt they get, I'd probably make a couple episodes dedicated to saying fuck you to them.

Also the music is the shit.
>>
>>94358954
>it does seem popular enough with the kids and that's who they're targeting.
Explain the ratings then
>>94343782
>>
>>94357347
I don't get this complaint. There were mature or references to movies before our time as kids that must of us didn't get the time but that didn't stop us from enjoying those scenes or shows
>>
>>94354460
Not a cartoon, but Tails Gets Trolled xonstantly has characters breaking the 4th wall to piss on the critics
>>
>>94359472
The problem is that this show is both childish AND family unfriendly as it is
>>
>>94354774
This is actually entirely accurate
>>
>>94354701
I want to fuck Amy right in her broken pussy
>>
>>94358694
I just watched this show through a few weeks ago, neat. They had a critic episode early on and deflected the blame, saying that if you find the humor gross, stupid, or offensive, then you're not the target audience so your criticism doesn't matter. They then made a legitimate criticism against itself by saying they don't know how to end an episode to make it seem like their first point was valid.

The movie also had kind of a hypocritical point. They made fun of how stupid it was that South Park gets a pass for being gross and offensive because it makes a shallow point, though the movie was gross and offensive and made a shallow point.
>>
>>94360305
>They had a critic episode early on and deflected the blame, saying that if you find the humor gross, stupid, or offensive, then you're not the target audience so your criticism doesn't matter.
Funny, it seemed more to me like they were specifically making fun of those types of people who basically live to be offended and bitch about not liking thing.

Y'know, people like Tumblr and (recently) 4chan.
>>
>>94358954
TTG represents all that's wrong with Cartoon Network to many people who grew up with the channel pre-2007. I think that's were most of the rage comes from, more than from being mad about the original TT not coming back. It's an understandable rage to me.
>>
>>94354774
Or maybe they just enjoy trolling.
>>
>>94354497
Sonic Boom the reverse TTG
Smart
Funny
Actually gives a damn about it's characters
and rarely aired trying to be forgotten by the network
>>
>>94354460
Steven Universe, sometimes; they've mentioned the crying thing and had Ronaldo do some stupid shit, I don't remember.
>>
>>94354497
So is this actually good? The games sure as fuck weren't funny.
>>
>>94354774
>this kids cartoon makes fun of adults that watch a kids cartoon
wow
>>
>>94354701
>all of the pictures in Mark's room have blue arms
This show man, this show
>>
File: Lady Legasus.gif (3MB, 387x218px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Legasus.gif
3MB, 387x218px
>>94354774
It takes shots at people who cry "muh childhood" because this show exists and they didn't bring back a show that ended years ago. And honestly if you're an adult and you're still complaining about the show not catering to your tastes, you deserve every single one of those shots.

I'll give you that CN needs to mix up the schedule though

>>94359040
One, those are only premiere ratings. Two, it does consistently well in terms of ratings despite airing so often
>>
>>94359040
Simple. Premiere ratings vs. anything else. TTG easily gets more out of any slot on the network than their other shows. There are years worth of network stats to back this up, especially when the proof is the fact that it is quite literally their most aired show by a massive margin over everything else currently. I don't like the show, but if you seriously needed an explanation for this, you might actually be retarded.
>>
>>94362996
>And honestly if you're an adult and you're still complaining about the show not catering to your tastes, you deserve every single one of those shots.
>"Its for kids, brah!"
Nigga i could say the same damn thing about Mega Babies but it won't make it a good show, that said TTG manage to earn my respect and sometimes it makes me crack a smile, it it doesn't deserve to be called the death of animation
>>
>>94361434

Rocknaldo was a horrible episode no matter what.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.