[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Injustice 2" was the highest-grossing console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: warner-dc.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
warner-dc.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
>"Injustice 2" was the highest-grossing console game in the second quarter of 2017
>"Wonder-Woman" is the third-highest Warner Bros. movie ever at the domestic box office

Where were you when DC saved Warner?

Jokes aside, I hope that means more DC material from these fuckers. They sat over DC doing nothing for too long.
>>
>>94350662
>using an older logo
what a faggot.
>>
>>94350662
>in the second quarter of 2017
>third-highest Warner Bros. movie ever at the domestic box office
In other words DC and Warner Bros. Have no actual success of any kind

As usual
>>
>>94350771
Cry more, mousefag. "Injustice" went against "Tekken 7" and sold a third more.
>>
>>94350720
The older logo is better than that crappy new logo.
>>
>>94350876
And tekken 7 was a massive failure
>>
>>94350771

Found the mouseketeer.
>>
>>94350771
>Disneycuck detected.
How much is Disney paying you?
>>
File: StudioProfitability2016.jpg (318KB, 1320x790px) Image search: [Google]
StudioProfitability2016.jpg
318KB, 1320x790px
>>94350662
>Where were you when DC saved Warner?

Nowhere.

Time Warner has never had a problem getting high revenues - it's high profits they have a problem with, consistently coming second or third for years now. This is partly because they overspend on production at Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. is a much smaller part of the Time Warner operation than you'd think, so these overspends are a serious concern.

>The Warner Bros. parent reached its highest profit ever with $1.7 billion thanks to DC superheroes and Harry Potter. The studio's TV production arm remains a key profit driver, and it released three big-box office tentpoles in 2016, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873 million), Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ($811 million) and Suicide Squad ($746 million), along with such smaller breakouts as Sully and The Conjuring 2. New Line's Lights Out was also a strong performer, earning close to $150 million at the global box office with a budget of $5 million. Overall, Warner celebrated its most profitable film slate in nearly a decade. Consumer products are also a growing source of strength. Warner Bros. consumer products revenue increased close to 40 percent last year, helped by the franchise-led slate, and the company expects this to continue.

Good to see New Line finally doing what it was supposed to do for them again.
>>
File: consider the following samus.png (239KB, 599x387px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following samus.png
239KB, 599x387px
>>94350662
It's really weird how WB just sat on DC properties and didn't give a shit until people started calling them out on it. Anyone with a brain could see that shit is a gold mine. If Marvel can make major bank with their cinematic superhero universe, why the fuck couldn't WB do the same with their own, which is about as rich?

As for video games, it really doesn't make much sense why they don't try to make more games based on their superheroes. If I were them, I'd be throwing money at a good Superman game. Hire Platinum Games to do it, give them a shit ton of money, tell them to make a serious project and not just a cheap cash-in like the LoK, Transformers, and TMNT games they made, and get someone like Grant Morrison to write it. Boom, easy fucking money. Or assemble a team of Western devs who might possibly be able to make a good Superman game. Just do something.

I'd make a Wonder Woman game too while I was at it. And I'd uncancel that Suicide Squad game, which I have no idea how they could mess that up or why they'd just let it die like that.
>>
>>94352042

>so these overspends are a serious concern.

I totally agree. The most recent example I can think of is that Legend of Tarzan movie. Instead of making more grounded and practical oriented movies, they tend to implement a lot of CGI while using really shitty storylines. I mean, even as someone who is not in the industry, it's easy to point out the movies that would be less profitable. I really think a lot of WB executives should be fired due to these retarded-ass decisions. I am pretty glad that they at least learned from their mistakes regarding the DCEU even though it generated a decent profit till now while being appealing to mass audiences

>tfw no matter how all companies fuck up, they still aren't even remotely on the level of Sony when it comes to movie pitches and ideas
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.