[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll have you know ducktective has a big mystery element!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: best character.jpg (40KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
best character.jpg
40KB, 500x269px
I'll have you know ducktective has a big mystery element! And a lot of humor that goes over children's heads!
>>
As well as a hack showrunner who overworks himself then wants to quit after a year and a half of working so he rushes the ending half of the show and turns his once hit show into pure disappointing dropped-the-ball shit.

Normally it takes seven seasons for a show to go from golden to crap, took Hirsch only 25 episodes.
>>
>>94347358
Aw c'mon, the ending is shit but the rest of the show is pretty good
>>
>>94347358
>>94347629
>show resolves all major plotlines with epic finale
>pure disappointing dropped-the-ball shit
>>
>>94346930
That whole episode was full of win.

And people say season 2b sucks...
>>
So when should we get more news on the comics?
>>
I enjoyed the ending. I wasn't around here when I watched it.

What was wrong with the show and how it ended?
>>
>>94347358
I'm personally just upset the wheel didn't even matter

What was the fucking point?
>>
>>94350240
The wheel did matter. It brought everyone together.
It's like you've never even heard of prophecy twists.
>>
>>94350057
Nothing really, /co/ just hates female characters for obvious reasons. (And no, I'm not just talking about Mabel.)
>>
>>94350766
Come on man, at least put effort into it.
>>
>>94350809
The vast majority of complaints seem to be about the female characters (Mabel, Wendy, Pacifica) and how that hack Hirsch didn't give them any character development. Even though that isn't remotely true, and actually especially in comparison to the guys (who are often brought up for inaccurate comparisons).
>>
File: IMG_2061.png (329KB, 657x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2061.png
329KB, 657x360px
>>94348336
>Yet another "I don't know anything about tabletop gaming yet still feel capable of making an plot with it" episode
>Even remotely good
Also
>saying full of win unironically
gb2 Reddit
>>
>>94350842
You should be watching the show for Gravity Falls, not Dungeons & Dragons you dumbass.
(And that's a common online expression.)
>>
Question about the ep "Boyz Crazy":

When Robbie was playing the hypnotizing song, Wendy heard it, but so did Dipper. How come Dipper wasn't hypnotized as well?
>>
>>94348643
Not for quite awhile, if I had to guess.
>>
File: tumblr_static__640_v2.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static__640_v2.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>94346930
>that episode where Ducktective's assistant became a lifeguard so he could be near his crush
for being all about envelope pushing Ducktective could be surprisingly comfy at times.
>>
>>94347949
>resolves all major plotlines

citation needed
>>
>>94350841
Alex seems to be bad at writing female characters.
>>
>>94352203
That song was so weird, we never even find out whether Robbie was just trying to cover himself when he claimed he ripped it off someone else.
>>
>>94354398
Thanks for proving my point, moron.
>>94354370
Name one that was left unresolved.
>>
>>94354433
QUENTIN TREMBLY'S KEY
>>
>>94354544
I specifically said major plotlines, anon.
>>
>>94354433
I wasn't "proving your point", I was explaining that the reason people had problems with this show's female characters is because they were all poorly written in different ways, and it seems likely that this is because of the creator's inability to write them
>>
>>94354572
Mabel's character development, then
>>
>>94346930
I'd watch a Ducktective show as long as Hirsch stays away from it
>>
>>94347358
What was wrong with episode 25?
>>
>>94354708
Ducktales premieres in 10 days
>>
>>94347358
Now he's out of work and his girlfriend/beard's new cartoon is a disappointment. He really thought he could avoid the Trump curse. Sad!
>>
>>94354215
At least bump with image.
>>
>>94350842
Even when they try to represent it accurately you get shit like HarmonQuest where everybody's trying to be the class clown.
>>
>>94350878
Then they should be showing Gravity Falls and either expanding the Lore and creating another cool quirk of the place, or advancing the story. If I wanted to see hacks try and pander to an audience they know nothing about, I'd go watch Big Bang Theory.
>>
>>94358155
Then you would be complaining about MUH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (in the case of Ford). You just can't win with haters.
>>
>>94358317
>Implying a retarded D&D episode was the only way to develop Ford's character
>Implying seeing him in action wouldn't have been better for it.
>>
>>94358385
But we did see him in action (the monster at the start), and we got to see something he brought from another dimension. Is that not sufficient?
>>
>>94346930
for all the bragging about sneaking in jokes for adults, this show still felt very censored/weighed down
>>
>>94358921
How so?
>>
File: 1391228256300.png (82KB, 239x238px) Image search: [Google]
1391228256300.png
82KB, 239x238px
>>94358921
>>94359012
I can't even remember any of the "FOR ADULTS!!!1" jokes on this show. Maybe... that Stan drugging some guy and locking them in a display case thing for that Bargain Bin THoT episode they did?

Or did they make a reference to sex somewhere or something? Oh well big deal every cartoon does that.
>>
>>94359012
like stan regaining his memory at the end. i know that it's a really common complaint, but its an example of how the show avoids putting the main characters into real, believable danger. It's very "safe" overall
>>
>>94359613
Hirsch literally drew Stan's ballsack for some sort of presentation, someone find it, I can't
>>
>>94359666
>but its an example

*but it's an example
>>
>>94359613
THoT?
>>
>>94350743
>It brought everyone together.

Just for Bill to turn them into tapestry (except the Pines because Bill's a moron) so then what was the point?
>>
>>94361985
treehouse of horror
>>
>>94347358
Wait is this a common opinion on /co/? If so how?

Season 2 was the best thing to happen to Gravity Falls. How in the fuck do people enjoy episodic bullshit that goes nowhere in S1? I mean you can hate the ending of S2 but at least there's a fucking ending.
>>
>>94365432
>How in the fuck do people enjoy episodic bullshit that goes nowhere in S1?
I liked season 2 (including the much-hated 2b) more than season 1, but GF is far more enjoyable than your average episodic cartoon even with standalone episodes. The writing, especially the humor and dialogue, is excellent.

Also, there were so many hints for the overall plot that were dropped in season 1 that many fans managed to figure out the main reveal in the middle of season 2 long before it happened.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.