[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can please explain to me why the whole "Szechuan sauce"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

Can please explain to me why the whole "Szechuan sauce" trend is so popular?

It seems like a very forced and dumb meme to me; it reminds me of when Charlie the unicorn, Fred Fredburger, and GIR were considered the pinnacle of comedy, and Hot Topic kids would quote them endlessly as though they were forcing a meme.
>>
I can honestly say I have no idea what this is even remotely about.
>>
>>94339189
i wish i was you
>>
>>94339150
Fuck off to /tv/ you contrarian faggot. I know you're shitposting to try to fit in but seriously fuck off.
>>
>very forced

You answered your own question. Forced memes are always like this before they eventually fade into obscurity.
>>
>>94339221
HAHAH PICKLE RIIIICK LOOLLL
>>
File: THE SAUCE.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
THE SAUCE.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>94339150
just wait until PICKLE RICK takes its place
>>
>>94339221

Who the fuck would want to fit in with /co/mblr?
>>
File: reddit.jpg (80KB, 640x521px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
80KB, 640x521px
Sorry OP but you aren't smart enough to get it
>>
>>94339150
All these years they had this sauce in their vault? I know this is McDonalds but I'm curious if they have all their past products from 80s and 90s ready to bring back at any moment.
>>
Because Rick and Morty is stupidly popular and saying there was this long lost thing got people in a rush to find that long lost thing. God, it annoys me how overhyped Rick and Morty is.

You know that's going to be it's downfall too.
>>
File: 1466217569442.png (21KB, 321x315px) Image search: [Google]
1466217569442.png
21KB, 321x315px
>>94339262
>Rick and Morty is the Bioshock of cartoons
Wait a minute that card.
>>
>>94339297
onion nuggets when?
>>
>>94339150
i haven't watched this crap. is the joke really that funny or a shitty marketing meme?
>>
>>94339473
guess
>>
>>94339473
Eeeh could be both really.
>>
>>94339262

I get it, that doesn't mean I need to like it...
>>
Why does this show have like a 9.6 on IMDb? It's not that good
>>
>>94339221
what? how is this /tv/ in anyway? becaus he doesnt find the joke funny?

kys
>>
>>94339262
>just to dumb
i hate
>>
>>94339473

>Half the ep takes place in Rick's memories
>He stops by McDs and explains they had a promotional sauce for Mulan which he loved but they discontinued
>Episode goes by
>Near the end he goes on a minutes-long rant and explains that his ultimate motivation is to taste the sauce again

It's not really funny, no, and the moment I finished the ep I could tell it would become this big retarded thing.

It amuses me to wonder if perhaps the true April Fools joke of the episode was to convince McDs to bring the sauce back, only for people to find it tastes absolutely awful.
>>
>>94339150
There's a live action Mulan movie in the works
Thats everything you need to know
>>
File: 1598696752395.jpg (360KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1598696752395.jpg
360KB, 1162x850px
>>94339150
>Live action Mulan is being made
>Roiland """"""remembers"""""" about a one off promo item that McDicks had when the original Mulan was in theaters
>Roiland makes and entire episode with Szechuan sauce as a gag
>SZECHUAN SAUSE SO FUNNY I WANT TO EAT SOME
>McDicks makes some more sauce due to """""fan demand"""""
>>
>>94339150
Stop posting this, no one on /co/ has ever liked Reddit & Memey
>B-But season 1!
Revisionist history bullshit. No one here cared about season 1 when it was airing.
>>
>>94339150
>New season of a show is late
>Extremely late
>To try to pacify the fans, since the show is completed but the network doesn't want to air it yet, air one episode as a surprise on april fools
>a good joke sticks out
>Especially when the new season still isn't for four more months
>shitposters desperate for content cling to the new joke until it spirals out of control

That's basically what happened except this had the added bonus of being a REAL item at one point in time so, naturally, this also added a lot of curiosity for fans who never tried it.

Within a day of it airing, someone posted a recipe to reddit for the sauce that they had recreated years ago because it was just a good tasting sauce.

I hope McDonald's doesn't fuck this up and releases the sauce because I'm pretty fucking curious as to how good it is now.
>>
>>94339831
McD's made them cut that out of the episode in later airings and only sent him some. I mean, I don't doubt that it will be a thing when Mulan comes out, but still.
>>
>>94339645
How so? If you're going to claim a massively popular anything isn't good you need to support your argument a little bit or otherwise realize your opinion isn't as important as you want it to be, cupcake.
>>
>>94339645
Why would you ever trust ratings, let alone from imdb?
>>
File: image.png (505KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
505KB, 1136x640px
>>94339150
I dont think you understand OP, those bastards are our key to getting anything we wish back. If they can get a fucking sauce from the 80's back, they can get anything. We could have mclobsters again, we could have those moonshine burgers from carls jr back, we could have those Louis-style pork ribs from burger king back. And we could do all of this just by making Roiland mentioning that shit with one mediocre forced joke. Think of the possibilities.
>>
>>94339150
>Fred Fredburger
Fuck you for reminding me of that shit.
>>
it always amuses me when people liken themselves to rick

rick would never actually be proud of being rick, rick hates rick more than anything.
that's the whole point, he's just kind of a cunt

they flat out say it in the season premier, he's not someone you're supposed to look up to
>>
>>94339249
I'm already seeing Pickle Rick on twitter and YouTube, with people changing their name to Pickle Rick and using Pickle Rick avatars.

Why? For what purpose?
>>
>>94340078
Because he's PICKLE RIIIIIIIIICK
>>
Fuck off OP Charlie the Unicorn is a masterpiece
>>
>>94339150
It's shit. But the Nintendo 3DS clip was hilarious.
>>
>>94339150
>Charlie the unicorn, Fred Fredburger, and GIR were considered the pinnacle of comedy

You remember those but not Chuck Norris facts?
>>
>>94339150
because of reddit. I'm not memeing.
>>
>>94339241
DUDE LMAO HERE HAVE AN UPVOTE!!! :^)
>>
>>94339297
Not literally in their vault, but they own the recipe. They can cook up some whenever they like because they know what's in it and how to make it.

>>94339150
OP: In 1998 McDonalds put out a limited-time mcnugget sauce called szechuan sauce to promote Mulan, the Disney movie. It was pretty good but nothing special. Justin Roiland, co-creator of Rick and Morty and the voice of Rick and Morty, is fucking obsessed with the sauce and would literally kill someone if it meant getting more of it. He'd go on rants all the time about it, so the writers wrote it into the season 3 premiere as a joke, and it caught on as a meme with people selling frozen packets of the sauce on eBay and crazy people petitioning mcdonalds to put it back out. They finally gave in and made more of the sauce and sent the first bottle to Roiland.
>>
>>94339948
Hoo boy, someone (you) is insecure that their (your) love of a TV show is being challenged by someone else not liking it.
>>
>>94340341
who cares if they made more mcnugget sauce when the nuggets aren't the same anymore

they have been trash ever since they went all white meat. Why the fuck did america have a problem with dark meat in the 90s?
>>
>>94339944
>McD's made them cut that out of the episode in later airings
So anon, when do these "later airings" start? Because I keep seeing anons saying they had to cut out the scene, yet when they aired it on Sunday it was fully intact.
>>
>>94340425
>they have been trash ever since they went all white meat
they have been trash ever since mcdonald's swapped the beef tallow in the fryers for vegetable oil
FTFY

Fucking vegetarians just had to bitch about the goddamned fries
>>
>>94340443
Wait it was? I could've sworn it was edited. Huh.
>>
>>94339717
It could be absolute shit and people would like it because "le epic rick actually brought the awesomesauce back we did it reddit"
>>
>>94339393
Hey fuck you buddy I love Bioshock
>>
/co/ collectively needs to lighten up and forget about site wars for 5 seconds and just have fun.
>>
Why does Rick and Morty turn everybody of 4chan into shitposting retards that call everything reddit?
>>
>>94339744
Disney doesn't work with McDonald's anymore because they don't want their brand associated with childhood diabetes.
>>
>>94340750
Intergenerational friction. 'it' is changing, has changed really, and and users who used to be with it are being left behind. That makes them feel more excluded than normal, and that makes them angry
>>
>>94339150
It's just meme magic. Roiland wanted the sauce so he made an episode that was all about getting the sauce. Then the fans kept talking about the sauce. Now he has the sauce.

Meme magic.
>>
>>94341070
Family Guy has pretty much the same humor and style but nobody is flipping out over it and posting IT'S REDDIT in every post.
>>
It is literally a forced meme. There's a 'Totally Not Official' ARG going on surrounding it (put on by Dan Harmon, entirely on his own initiative), where players advance by helping to force the meme. They're playing with metanarrative shit, which in the post-modern commercial context of Rhick and Mhorty is basically impossible (it all comes out as exactly what it pretends to be).

McDonalds actually jumping in and shipping out the sauce is THE BIG WIN. They've made a joke out of any and all cross-promotions of this kind, and are red-pilling a lot of people about forced memes, and the fraudulent nature of viral marketing, especially about how totally fucked reddit is. At the same time they, as responsible corporate agents of CN, created a near-inevitability of a future official/actual cross-promotional event (that will get both sides paid), out of nothing. Which will be the real punchline to this whole joke, as they play it completely straight and then some tiny wink to inspire people to look into the history.
>>
>>94341386

>I was on pretending to be a moron
>so ironic xd
>>
>>94340078

So you can mute them
>>
>>94341225

Family guy isn't putting on airs. It's just family guy
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>94339393
>People keep calling Prey "Bioshock in space"
That already exists and it's called System Shock goddammit!
>>
>>94341386
>redpilling people about forced memes
Forced and unfunny memes perpetuated to try and promote something have been around forever. Those too dumb to notice them currently are certainly not going to be red pill ed by this.
>>
>>94341861
yeah, which is why I said, ESPECIALLY about how totally drowned in it reddit is.
>>
>>94339150
God I love/hate Rick and Morty. Most of the time the jokes are legitimately funny and I enjoy when the show gets ironically serious. But then fucking everybody has to parrot those joke into shitty memes CONSTANTLY and end up making me hate the joke. Then assholes like on /tv/ and /co/ go around shouting it was always shit becasue of its popularity. The jokes were fine. Nothing amazing but they were pretty funny at best and snort worthy at worst. What killed them was the constant regurgitation by the masses.
>>
>>94339150
Justin tries half-ironically to used his fame to get stuff that doesn't matter at all. This may work as a joke but he did it more than one time.
>>
I think a big reason it caught on like it did is because most of Rick and Morty's audience would be too young to remember the promotion, so the only thing they know about it is that Rick thought it tasted good enough to go on a minute and a half drunken rant about it. Even I'd be curious about the stuff if I hadn't actually had the stuff before.

Granted, they should have latched onto something better. I'm still waiting for a PB Crisps revival.
>>
>>94339393
Fuck you. Infinite is not a Bioshock game.
>>
>>94341070
The people writing this are older or about the same age I am and plenty of other people here. It's not inter-generational friction, it's culture and shit writing.
>>
>>94339393

https://youtu.be/l_u18_BKczg
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.