[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Ted Turner? Does he have any relevance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: ret-cp-t-shirt.jpg (305KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
ret-cp-t-shirt.jpg
305KB, 440x600px
What does /co/ think of Ted Turner?
Does he have any relevance here anymore?
>>
>>94330301
Is that the guy who nixed Swat Kats because Callie Briggs made him feel funny?
>>
>>94330399
Tell me more.
>>
File: Duke-phillips.jpg (29KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
Duke-phillips.jpg
29KB, 320x238px
>>94330301
Inspired one of my favorite /co/-related characters
>>
File: chopper backup.jpg (473KB, 335x5000px) Image search: [Google]
chopper backup.jpg
473KB, 335x5000px
>>94330399
>>94330757
>>
>>94331881
There's nothing I don't love about this.
>>
File: Turnerdogs.png (444KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Turnerdogs.png
444KB, 720x540px
>>94330399
>>
>>94330301
>killed WCW
>>
CAPTAIN PLAAANNEEEET!
>>
>>94332252
Blame AOL.
>>
VOTE FOR DUKE

DUKE IS LIFE
>>
File: padfans[1].jpg (479KB, 950x956px) Image search: [Google]
padfans[1].jpg
479KB, 950x956px
Ted Turner is the father of Marville, a core of the Storytime of Pain.
>>
File: like a bisexual.png (180KB, 639x447px) Image search: [Google]
like a bisexual.png
180KB, 639x447px
>>94332129
>>
>>94330301
Gave me WCW, so he's forever Based
>>
>>94330301

He was shit in so many ways, but the cable networks he created were absolutely God Tier in the late 80s and early 90s.
>>
>>94331881
I like to think Turner saw this at some point and whispered "They know."

Also
>Flinststones
That show is the most overrated crap in history.
>>
>>94332252
That's not Vince Russo
>>
>>94332323
blame Jamie Keller
>get job
>kill WCW in first week

He killed a bunch of other shows before that, too. And the guy is a real piece of work

>In response to an April 29, 2002 interview question on why digital video recorders were bad for the industry, Kellner responded:

>Because of the ad skips.... It's theft. Your contract with the network when you get the show is you're going to watch the spots. Otherwise you couldn't get the show on an ad-supported basis. Any time you skip a commercial or watch the button you're actually stealing the programming.
>>
>>94332891
Russo didn't kill WCW, just opened the wound up a little more. I have an autistic amount of knowledge on it, and can say it all started with Uncensored 1999 and the Hogan/Flair double turn. Goldberg was supposed to win the belt back, that was the entire point of the Fingerpoke. But Hogan's ego of Goldberg officially being the man of WCW wouldn't allow that, so he knew by turning face he wouldn't have to lose to him again. Thus the Fingerpoke rendered Goldberg pointless and you can go back and find the numbers, as it dropped off immediately afterwards. I do give Russo props for fighting tooth and nail to push younger guys, though. Arqeutte can't be defended though.
>>
>>94330301
Jews hate him.
>>
>>94333000
Double trips confirm
>>
>>94330301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmypHQ5AUxQ
>>
http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-turner-urges-world-leaders-to-adopt-chinas-one-child-policy-on-global-scale-2010-12
>>
What does he even do nowadays?
What his power level on a scale of one to Rupert Murdoch?
>>
>>94330301
I gotta respect a man who will make a tv show solely based on his own environmentalist ideas that range from common sense to batshit insane without batting an eye.

Unfortunate that it also meant nixing Swat Katz for being way too militaristic and violent for his tastes.
>>
he was fine
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.