[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when you people freak out about the Duke book? Turned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: allstarbatman3-d-1024x1009.jpg (198KB, 1024x1009px) Image search: [Google]
allstarbatman3-d-1024x1009.jpg
198KB, 1024x1009px
Remember when you people freak out about the Duke book? Turned out it was just a mini series.

>THE SIGNAL, Batman’s trainee and Gotham’s daytime protector, is back with his own three issue miniseries!

>Only one teenage hero is prepared for the challenge of safeguarding Gotham in broad daylight—THE SIGNAL. Duke Thomas juggles a new high school and teenage romance as he adjusts to his role as Gotham’s daytime protector and battles new villains. Could a daytime Gotham be even more corrupt than its nighttime counterpart?
>>
>>94326044
you know /polco/ though
>black characters getting any exposure ever
god forbid
>>
>>94326044
>Thomas juggles a new high school and teenage romance
>>
>>94326044
Duke is the Miles Morales of Batman. Also what happened to "Lark"?
>>94326071
Oh fuck off already. We love Black Manta
>>
personally I just don't see why people are upset.
he's not replacing anybody, he's been given elements to set him apart from the robins, he doesn't even have his own book yet, etc.
>>
I like the idea of exploring daytime crime in Gotham. I still don't care about Duke though
>>
>>94326044
>Gotham's day time protector
Seems unnecessary, but ok.
>>
>>94326095
Lark could be his future code name. Idk I don't mind Duke so much since he's contained to some level unlike Miles where he's usually in a lot of books.
>>
>>94326095
>we love one nigger out of 1000s
>it totally justifies our hate for rest of 999
Sound thinking lad.
>>
How do you go to school and fight crime at daytime at the same time?
>>
Duke is the blandest character I've seen in a while, he literally has zero character beyond 'hes black and orphan'. It just seems like a useless addition that DC wants to turn into something more permanent.
>>
>>94326130
I really wish he was replacing a Robin, the tears of /pol/ kiddies would have too delicious.
>>
>>94326149
Not to go there but also
>the one we like is a bloodthirsty asshole
>>
>>94326130
Hes not offensive or anything, just pointless really. Batfamily is already large, and the only reason he exists is because Snyder desperately wants to have an impact on Batman mythos. Didnt work for Harper Row, so hes pushing for Duke
>>
>>94326149
no retard the affirmation was that /co/ hates all black characters because they're black, the guy contradicted you by giving a good example of why that's wrong.
>>
>>94326044
>romance

Who's willing to bet me that this isn't going to be interracial?
>>
>>94326130
Oh please, he's been superseding all Robins heavily. When was the last time Batman and Robin worked together in main continuity?
>>
>>94326221
To be fair, Snyder was going to give up on Duke and it was Johns who convinced him not to.
>>
>>94326243
In the first arc of Deathstroke and the previous arc of Superman.
>>
>>94326268
Well Johns secretly hates Batman so thats not surprising really
>>
>>94326222
That doesn't contradict what I said though. Duke is one the most inoffensive diversity character of the new diverse character wave but if even his mere existence hurt you this deeply, it's time to be introspective for change. Start looking for the problem inside, not around.
>>
>>94326300
What does pushing Duke have to do with him "hating" Batman?
>>
>>94326173
It's probably a placeholder character so DC can go "we got a black guy in the Bat family with no story or personality or whatever, go nuts" and hand Duke off to someone.
But Snyder don't want his baby to be whored out so he's grabbing Duke before anyone else
>>
>>94326300
The mental gymnastics batfags go through. You faggots deserve Dixon and Cucka and Blandbaker and Higgins.
>>
>>94326357
What happened with Batwing?
>>
>>94326084
>this fall
>from the creator of
>hijinks ensues
>>
>>94326300
>secretly

Kek, his batman has been a retard and a jerk since the first time he put him on JSA. Johns dislike for the character is a well known fact no one but the most hardcore batman haters can deny.
>>
>>94326360
Sure anon, sure it's mental gymnastics. Fucking Johnsfags.
>>
>>94326044
>Remember when you people freak out about the Duke book?

No. I remember when people rolled their eyes at it because it's painfully obvious that no one likes this bland character and Snyder is only pushing it because he's a white guy with self-esteem issues desperate to atone for his own paleness.

Also whoever thought it'd be an ongoing series?
>>
>>94326268

He also provides a the ideas about the new Mr freeze, but that has nothing to do with batman, it's just being a cap cold fanboy.
>>
>>94326224
> people with different skin tones are fucking

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>94326694
>assmad Batcuck thinks nobody is capable of rational thinking because he himself isn't
>>
>>94326044
I can't wait until Barbara gets DUKED
>>
>>94326044
>Remember when you people freak out about the Duke book?
It happened yesterday you cunt
>>
>>94326739
>Snyder is only pushing it because he's a white guy with self-esteem issues desperate to atone for his own paleness.
Great projection there. You come to this conclusion on your own or let your circle jerk decide it for you?
>>
>>94326890
This. I can't stand when people pretend there are differences between races besides skin color. That is it! Who cares about the color of people of color?
>>
>>94326329
I'm not against Duke. I'm against the absurd size of the Bat Family.

Keep Dick
Keep Jason
Keep Duke
Keep Babs

Get rid of Tim, Steph, Cass, Kate and Luke. One way or another.
>>
>>94326545
Detective Comics containment
>>
>>94326071
I'm thoroughly /comblr/ and I don't hate duke because he's black, I hate duke because he's a Snyder donut steel and there are better batfamily characters more deserving of the spotlight
>>
>>94327304
>better batfamily characters more deserving of the spotlight
Like who? Because literally every member of the current rebirth Batfamily got a book at some point.
>>
>>94326044
What I've learned from this is that there are villains in Gotham stupid enough to attack in broad daylight, and that apparently that's all you have to do to avoid Batman.
>>
>>94327304
>there are better batfamily characters more deserving of the spotlight
They all have had their spotligh in their mediocre titles and they all fucking suck save for a few.
>>
>>94327422
Better than fucking Duke
>>
>>94326044
Dumb name, but I will give it a look. Original black characters are so fucking sparse these days it deserves a look at least. Also, he is NOT replacing Robin like casuals who do not read the books think. Which is a good thing.
>>94326095
>Duke is the Miles Morales of Batman
Not even close. He has no Mary Sue powers and is training to become more.
>>
File: IMG_0485.jpg (158KB, 746x1169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0485.jpg
158KB, 746x1169px
>>94326044
What was the first non-White member of the Batfamily? Cass Cain? One of her creators is a black guy (Damion Scott).
>>
>>94327443
>human shit better than dogshit
Great achievement.
>>
>>94326044
So his codename is Signal? It was supposed to be Lark, both lame anyway.
>>
>>94326329
>my assumption based on my opinion of your opinion means you're a racist.
>inb4 I never said he was a racist
>inb4 seriously dude what's so offensive about him
>inb4 since I pointed out the simplistic nature of your argument I must disagree with you
>>
>>94327588
>greentexting your way out of an argument
>not actually saying anything
Wow, sure insightful you are /pol/cuck.
>>
>Could a daytime Gotham be even more corrupt than its nighttime counterpart?

...Yes? Just because its sunny out, does not mean you won't be robbed. Fuck. With the bat operating exclusively at night, criminals would be smart to start doing their crimes during the day.
>>
>>94326044
It's only retards and newfags who hate a fictional character. It depends on the writer, not the character. It's not like Nightwing, Tim or Jason ever had a good run.
Inb4 Dixon and Lobdell meme
>>
>>94327447
>He has no Mary Sue powers
Oh yes he has, as a last resort to make him interesting. Some kind of echo-glowing-yellow-eyes variety.
>>
>>94326224
itll be gotham girl retarded
>>
>>94327304
Yes, is Snyder pet, like Harper. Black character?
I prefer Lucas Fox(batwing)
>>
>>94326044
Gotham having a day time vigilante is actually an interesting idea
>>
>>94326130
>he's been given elements to set him apart from the robins
Yeah, and all of which make him a bad developed character. His only character traits are that he's egotistical, obsessive, and good at solving puzzles-riddles and shit. This dude is basically "what if Batman didn't have anything good about him and only the bad parts were there". Hell, I'm fuvking black, and I want there to be more good black characters, but every time a fucker like Duke pops up, it fucking drives me crazy. I don't just want more black characters, I want GOOD black characters man. If all these niggas are gonna be terribly developed non-characters, how am I fucking supposed to defend comics against racist people. Comics having a shit ton of black people and them all being shitty is worse than there only being a handful of black characters in comics.
>>
>>94327642
was this supposed to be an ironic example of:
>inb4 since I pointed out the simplistic nature of your argument I must disagree with you
>>
>>94327450
The first Batwing
>>
File: 1488404751092.png (215KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1488404751092.png
215KB, 640x464px
>>94326044
>That makes it less shit
Take your gross looking yellow retard and fuck off, Snyder.
>>
>>94330330
Not batfamily tho. The bat family is Bruce, Alfred and the kids. A case can be made for Barbara and gordon, but the bat family on its core it's Damian, Jason, Dick, Tim and Cass.

Imo Banbs and Azrael are just agents of the bat or something.
>>
>>94331148
>Cass
I wouldn't count her with the Robins.

Alfred and the boys are Bruce’s family, the rest are all part of the BATfamily.
>>
>>94331987
But wasn't Cass officially adopted by Bruce into his family and even carried his last name? If so then she basically sits on the same footing as Dick, Jason and the rest of the Robins.
>>
>>94332790
She never carried his name and the adoption was pretty much ignored and then rectonned out of continuity.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.