[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Spider-Man: Homecoming Passes $600 Million Worldwide >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: Spidey_2.jpg (53KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
Spidey_2.jpg
53KB, 640x320px
>Spider-Man: Homecoming Passes $600 Million Worldwide
>http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/30/spider-man-homecoming-box-office/

Is not that something disappointing? Seems pretty low for spiderman + iron man and high ratings
>>
>>94322966
>still not released in China and Japan
>two markets that LOVE spiderman
>OP has been making daily shitposts
>>
>>94322966
It's the 3rd reboot in 10 years, it opened in a 2 week period with two other blockbusters, it followed the surprising success of Wonder Women. It'll end a mild commercial success and a roaring critical one. Which is more than the last reboot managed.
>>
>>94322966
What a shitty spiderman movie this was.

I guess shitty movie + spiderman fatigue + capeshit fatigue made this movie flop.
>>
>>94322966
why do people bother to make these threads everyday?

>spider-man homecoming failed

yet it made back a shit ton back more than it's budget, critically successful, it's not even done being in theaters or in all markets. it's close to beating WW it's tracking better than amazing 1 and 2 (hasn't beaten them but by the end it probably will). it will also probably beat spider-man 2. chances of beating 1 and 3 are really dim, because 1 was the first and everyone flipped out and came out to see it. 3 because people didn't know it was going to suck since 2 was such a sleeper hit.

it's so fucking sad to wake up this early to make such a sad shit post. assuming you're west coast.
>>
File: chinks and nips love spider-man.png (13KB, 424x171px) Image search: [Google]
chinks and nips love spider-man.png
13KB, 424x171px
>>94322994
>two markets that LOVE spiderman
>>
>>94322966

It's been out for four weeks and still hasn't opened in major markets yet. Even then, it was a lot cheaper than make than Spider-Man 2 and 3 or either of the two Amazing films were.

Only the first Raimi film was cheaper to make than Homecoming.
>>
>>94323031
>it's so fucking sad to wake up this early to make such a sad shit post. assuming you're west coast.

It is afternoon.
>>
its over.
>>
>>94323067
>>94323032
>>
Why do people hate this movie?
>>
>>94323114
Nostalgia for the Raimi films, mixed with dislike of Diversity, plus some good old company wars. It means these threads will probably be around for at lest another year.
>>
>>94323114
Because people don't want to see a Spider-Man movie that is not a fucking Spider-Man movie.
>>
>>94322966
>B-but muh spiderflop
>>
>>94323032
>Every subsequent movie earns substantially more in China than the last
>For the first time this one has Iron Man in it, for which chinks ACTUALLY go apeshit over
>Meanwhile in Japan all the Raimi moves made 50m+ and the Amazing movies 30m+

I don't know man, it looks like they're on the track to make good business over there. Nothing "funds the movie by itself" like a Transformers joint, but still.
>>
>>94323067

That doesn't matter, merch is were the money is.
>>
autismo-trons got mad because they have a list of things and if your Spider-Man doesn't do ALL of the following:

>Work at Daily Bugle as a photographer with Jonah
>romance with MJ
>late 20s/early 30s
>Norman Osborn has to be there
>muh uncle ben
>also has to have his first "home made" costume

if they don't have all of those things, whether it's a movie, comic, cartoon, or whaatever, then they get fucking autismo rage

"muh Peter" fags ruin Spider-Man by never letting him change and wanting more of the same
>>
>>94323266
You didn't notice how the farther the release is, the less money it makes? No?
>>
>>94323266
Didn't BvS had got like 100 millions from the Turkish airlines alone? And MoS got its money back from product placement alone.
>>
>>94323195
so all of the last spider man movies?
because last time I checked Peter Parker had more screen time than spider-man.
>>94323114
this>>94323129
and since the spiderman movies are closer together by release dates than let's say batman, people got tired of spiderman quicker.
>>
>>94323266
>Transformers joint
Way to out yourself as the biggest of /tv/ retards
>>
>>94323032
Yes, this is a good indication of the progression of western movies on the Chinese market over the past decade and a half. Most major movies can expect to earn in the $100m region there today.

>>94322966
China does not permit foreign movies to open during July. I'm not even sure they're allowed to be shown in July - it's when domestic movies are released.

Wonder Woman, for example, opened on May 31st and was pretty much done by the end of June. We're now in August, so the release date should be relatively soon for BAKA and other movies held up over the summer.

Japan, when it comes, will probably be a more modest $10m; but the movie has around $30m left to make domestically on the trajectory it's taken so far (by the 90-day mark), and again on present evidence will make about 16% more internationally (excluding China and Japan) than domestically. This leaves it around $650m to $700m, +Japan, +China.

It's also true that this movie was made on a Marvel Studios budget rather than a (traditionally high) Sony one. 25% cheaper than ASM2; 25% less money to pay back. MS franchises are quite happy to debut on $600m (anybody would be) and go to $800 or higher for sequels (this was the Iron Man way). Anything else is just gravy.
>>
>>94323662
Never been to that board, actually. /tv/ is living in your head rent free.
>>
I can't wait to see this thread again when it passes 700 and 800 million
>>
File: mcu.png (52KB, 719x652px) Image search: [Google]
mcu.png
52KB, 719x652px
Already better than some other newcomers to th MCU like Strange or Ant-Man. But I guess should be enough to last those 10 years still left in the franchise.
>>
>>94323787
>Homecoming did better than Iron Manlet.
>RDJ wasn't even in the movie for more than like 15 minutes.

Holy shit, that's actually surprising.
>>
>>94323733
>Wonder Woman, for example, opened on May 31st and was pretty much done by the end of June.
Fake and gay. China extended WW until July 31.
>>
File: sony is dead.png (565KB, 726x616px) Image search: [Google]
sony is dead.png
565KB, 726x616px
>Revenue was up 12.3 percent, or 9 percent on a dollar basis, helped by higher television production sales, particularly for The Last Tycoon and Better Call Saul, as well as higher advertising revenue in India. But these were offset by lower theatrical revenue and advertising costs for Spider-Man: Homecoming.
>The success of Spider-Man: Homecoming did not boost the quarterly figures as it was released in July, just after the company's fiscal first quarter finished.
>>
File: 409.png (40KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
409.png
40KB, 165x115px
>>94323787
>Domestic box office numbers
>In the year 2017 of our Lord
>>
>>94323813
Not really Iron Man was the start of the MCU, it didn't have much to build on, even RDJ wasn't that famous at the time if I remember.
>>
>>94323846
>success of Spider-Man: Homecoming did not boost the quarterly figures as it was released in July, just after the company's fiscal first quarter finished
>>
These threads don't change the fact that Spider-Man is a necessity for MCU after the first generation of their heroes retire.
>>
>>94323864
I suppose so. It's weird that real life is forcing a comic book universe to naturally progress.

Unless they hit the big reboot switch on the MCU down the line, I guess.
>>
>>94323856
Still, the fact that the movie has also beaten TWS and GotG (which were 2 of the best MCU movies) and also defeated the Thor movie, Doctor Strange and ANTS, confirms that Spiderman is STILL a big money magnet.
>>
>>94323856
That is a wired way to say hulk
>>
I just went and saw this in the theater yesterday. Haven't been to it since TFA. Gotta say it was a pretty good flick. Well worth the $7 ticket. Definitely getting it on DVD.

Keaton's performance and the ceiling falling on Peter scene were great.

And /co/ was right, Karen is bestgirl.
>>
>>94322966
Nice talk about comics.
>>
>>94323880
What are you talking about? Spider-Man is still behind Winter Soldier, Guardians and even motherfucking Thor 2.
>>
>>94323846
Boy if that's how much Sony lost I can only imagine WB's losses are up in the 200s
>>
>>94323883
Incredible Hulk came out after Iron Man in the same year.
>>
>>94323899
Whoops, didn't notice Spidey's beat them in the opening night, not exactly in total grossing.

Apologies.
>>
>>94323878
Feige hinted that after Avenger 4 the movies may slow down a bit. Spider-Man certainly doesn't need Avengers-tier budget. Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and Captain Marvel might get one or two more sequels, someone else might be the next Thor and Captain America, we will probably see one more GotG movie after the third one in 2020 and it will all end with another battle royale probably against Galactus.
>>
>>94322966
Iron Man was a glorified cameo and SM has not been a big name in movies since SM3

Rebooting shit all the time always hurts sales, you're from /co/ so you must know it
>>
File: XGYKquu.gif (3MB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
XGYKquu.gif
3MB, 680x382px
>>94323032
Thanks for proving his point? If this is any indication, Homecoming is going to break $100 mil in China easily. On top of that, it still has two months left in cinemas which will probably see it just about reach $700 mil. So That, China and Japan all together, its going to break $800 worldwide and either finish third or second in comparison to the other Spiderman movies.
>>
File: mcu 2.png (42KB, 594x649px) Image search: [Google]
mcu 2.png
42KB, 594x649px
Ok this on might be a little more clear. I'm guessing Spider-Man will end up at 7th place behind the first Guardians. Maybe between the two.
>>
>>94323330
>Ignoring a much more telling trend of growing popularity for one that has been proven in other movies to not really matter.

What ever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>94323969
Nah. $50 mil in its last two months plus easily $100 mil+ in Jap/Chi will see it to sixth, maybe fifth if the Asian market really turns out which it might.
>>
>>94323969
It's probably going to end up right between the GotGs
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.