[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few folks are a little upset about Zazie Beetz playing Domino,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 518
Thread images: 47

A few folks are a little upset about Zazie Beetz playing Domino, so we're creating our own public domain black female superhero. Ideally a character who's cartoony and outrageous, but emotionally endearing and not one note. Artists and suggestions welcome, but please, no racism.
>>
I think she should have lightning powers
>>
Can we have one with hair that isn't shit? Fucking sick of those dumb afros.
>>
>>94320410
Taking off her earrings should be like DBZ-style taking off weighted clothing.
>>
>>94320429
No lightning. No electricity.
>>
>>94320410 (OP)
>>94320430
>Artists and suggestions welcome, but please, no racism.
>Can we have one with hair that isn't shit? Fucking sick of those dumb afros.

I don't know what I expected.
>>
>>94320477
Everything about that idea is horrible.
>>
>>94320693
How is disliking afros racist?
>>
>>94320771
Because afros are the only hairstyle blacks naturally have
>>
>>94320410
A character with superspeed.

A character with electric powers.

A character with dancing powers. The more he dances, the more power he builds up. The power will however disperses if he stop dancing. So he must use the power in an attack during the dance routine.

A character with magic cotton hair. They can pull it out at throw it at someone/something. And what ever it is attached to will become entangled by the magic cotton hair.

A character with superspeed, jump power and kicking power due to superhuman legs. Cant run on water because they ain't that fast.

A character that can steal physical stats off another character just by reaching out their hands towards the target. There is a max to how much physical stats he can store before suffering backlash.

A character that obtains a specific type of power depending on the type of alcohol or drugs that they intake.

A character with duplication powers. The clones created have a pack mentally and will stay together.
>>
>>94320711
White guy detected.
>>94320410
Weakness is swimming as well as getting her hair wet.
>>
>>94320410
Make her a giant robot who don't need no man.
>>
>>94320883
>>94320926
I'm not white. And stop suggesting racist ideas. Holy shit. Can't do anything with you fucks.
>>
>>94320868
>A character with dancing powers.
HAMMERMAN
>>
>>94320513
all lightning. all electricity. In fact she's an electric current that became human. Her actual powers are becoming more corporeal.
>>
>>94320945
I am not white you cuck. It is satire based on stereo types you idiot.
>Not white
Shut the fuck up, the fact you did not get the earring joke alone proves you are. Get the fuck out troll.
>>
>>94320793
Artists and suggestions welcome, but please, no racism.
>Because afros are the only hairstyle blacks naturally have

I don't know what i expected
>>
>>94320945
How are giant robots racist, you insufferable faggot?
>>
>>94321066
I think it's the "don't need no man" part
>>
Drawing a design and writing an idea.
>>
>>94321091
Are you implying black women need men?
>>
>>94321001
It's not a funny joke.
>>
>>94321053

He's not wrong tho?
>>
File: IMG_0198.jpg (30KB, 540x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0198.jpg
30KB, 540x373px
>>94320410
How do you like it?
>>
>>94321144
He is actually.
>>
>>94321108
You are?
>>
File: WIN_20170801_00_52_13_Pro.jpg (228KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170801_00_52_13_Pro.jpg
228KB, 1920x1080px
>>94321108
Here it is, I suck at drawing arms and hands. Sorry

My idea is for her to have super strength or something similar. She had always been disgusted by her neighborhood, which was a ghetto, and she wanted to change it. Once she had gotten her power, she became a vigilante to improve her neighborhood by ridding it of crime. I don't have a name for her, sorry.
>>
>>94321217
>>94321228
I did
>>
>>94320410
A somewhat low level street heroine, that goes mostly after small time muggings and robberies while trying to find the father of her child who left them when he found out she was pregnant.
>>
>>94320410
This feels like when /v/ was so made at femnazis that they made Vivian to troll them but then she backfired on them.
>>
>>94320410
Who's upset about it?

Why do they matter?

How many of them are there?

Who's 'we' in this context?

Why create a new black female superhero in response to some people being upset that a white one was turned black when you could have just created the new heroes to begin with?

Seems to me like this is bait.
>>
>>94321228
>>94321242
Are you black by any chance? I'm critical of this idea, but I don't want to get too political or devalue your work.
>>
Kung-Fu hero - ala Iron Fist

Martial Arts movies were very popular in the African-American community during the Bruce Lee-era - partly because they were fun to watch, but also because they covered themes the viewers could appreciate like fighting gangs, an oppressive government etc.

So our hero has an old uncle/grandpa who studied kung fu in the 60's - even saving up money to study abroad (in China, at the Shaolin Temple etc).

He teaches her Kung Fu from an early age and it turns out she's a natural at it, including controlling her Chi (giving her a variety of minor 'super' powers).

So now she wants to use her skills to make a difference, in addition to teaching her Kung Fu gramps also taught her to laugh at life - so whilst she's aware of all the baggage the black community has to deal with she doesn't treat it as holy gospel and often deals with heavy emotional stuff using humor.
>>
>>94321318
No, I'm not black. And please give me your criticism.
>>
>>94321246
It's not a bad idea, but it's kind of based in stereotypes. I don't think we should do anything ironically or to be subversive. She shouldn't even be street level. It's too political. And there's danger when politics get involved.

>>94321332
Basically what I said above. Let's not get too political. Your post comes off like you've never even lived in the hood.
>>
>>94321318
>>94321339
This whole thread has to be some sort of satirical performance art.
>>
>>94321352
Okay. So what can be done to improve the concept?
>>
>>94321317
There's quite a bit of them. There's a thread up.
>Who's 'we' in this context?
Me.
>Why create a new black female superhero
I'm desperately bored.
> when you could have just created the new heroes to begin with?
what?
>>
>>94321339
Critical of his idea, not drawing.
>>
File: -fendi-slick-woods.jpg (363KB, 1333x1320px) Image search: [Google]
-fendi-slick-woods.jpg
363KB, 1333x1320px
>>94321366
I don't even know which one you are. But both of those ideas are inherently political and I think should be scrapped.
I was thinking of zany character, like a less obnoxious Tank Girl. Or Haruko from FLCL. Maybe an alcoholic. I want her to have a tooth gap.
>>
>>94321262
I don't want to troll anybody. This character should appeal to everybody, even tumblr.
>>
>>94321420
No, Stop. Your idea sucks.
>>
Afros.

It can't be black if she doesn't sport an afro.

Afros are an eternal fixture of black women.

All black women sport afros.

Afros are immutable.

You bigot.
>>
>>94320410
I'm thinking water/ice or music/rhythm powers.

Similar to frozone in the "create it from the liquid in the air" as the smallest amount needed for the first pair.

For the music/rhythm, they can shoot out "beat" rays of varying degrees and power based on the tempo and control of a song; probably played off a loud mp3 if no local music is available. Think something similar to the dubstep gun from Saints Row 4, minus the limited selection and use.
>>
>>94321435
Maybe her powers could be afro related.
>>
>>94321434
No, it doesn't. What don't you like about it?
>>
>>94321420
So what you are saying is you want a character who happens to be black and not a black character.

You probably should have formulated your OP better in that case.
>>
>>94321456
Bobobo bo bobobo-esque?

>Can use her curls to punch enemies like that girl from ARMS
Oh, wait, scratch that, been done.
>>
>>94321318
>>94321339
here we see two idiots who are vastly different yet entirely the same
>>
Why would black people give a shit about a black character that doesn't act like a black person?
>>
File: 1466370758322.jpg (158KB, 537x667px) Image search: [Google]
1466370758322.jpg
158KB, 537x667px
>>94320429
>>
>>94321463
A superhero should overall be a good influence. Besides, if a character should be presented to the public from here, it shouldn't be a Deadpool ripoff that doubles as a racist stereotype.
>>
im black and this thread is fucking hilarious, honestly.
>>
Iron Man/Batman esque character who fights with high tech gadgetry and a supersuit gained from saving years worth of child support and welfare checks
>>
>>94321536
>child support and welfare being put into savings
>not spent immediately on shoes and flatscreen TVs

Anon please you're really stretching the suspension of disbelief here
>>
File: monnie.png (211KB, 441x541px) Image search: [Google]
monnie.png
211KB, 441x541px
Just make it some bitch that's trying to get her cosmetology degree only to find out that she's got the power to read minds by touching people.

She uses gadgets and shit given to her by whoever the hell we wanna jam in there, brother, boyfriend, whatever superhero league that finds her, whatever. And she'll use these gadgets along with her mind reading to get her through actual heroism and often makes some shit remarks about how just because her powers aren't great in combat doesn't mean she can't be a good hero.
>>
>>94321536
>Iron Man/Batman esque character who fights with high tech gadgetry because when she was in school the mean old white teacher lady wouldn't oppress her and tell her she couldn't be a doctor when she grew up but instead told her that being a doctor was a great idea
>>
A boring white lady turns into a funky black chick on a skateboard every full moon. With her newfound powers she decides to fight crime.
>>
A British copyright lawyer who at night becomes unwillingly possesby the ghost of Shaka Zulu and fights against the brits trying to gentrify the bad streets of London.
>>
>>94321469
I really should have.

>>94321521
>A superhero should overall be a good influence.
I guess so, any good superhero at least. Good point.
>if a character should be presented to the public from here, it shouldn't be a Deadpool ripoff that doubles as a racist stereotype.
Do you know something about black people that I, a black person, doesn't know? Is us being alcoholics a stereotype?
I agree with you though. What's your idea? If we're creating an inspirational character she should have a captivating origin.
>>
>>94321493
A black character doesn't need to be rooted in stereotypes and racist jokes to act black.
>>
>>94321586
This is really thought out, how long have you had this idea?
>>
File: sauce is lost.png (636KB, 647x435px) Image search: [Google]
sauce is lost.png
636KB, 647x435px
>>94321645
Like seven minutes.
>>
>>94321613
Hmm, what about a Moongirl done right. A scientist who uses her inventions and gadgets to stop crime. It would provide a role model that could inspire children to go into the field of science.
>>
>>94321661
Oh. All my creativity died when I turned 11 and read Watchmen.
>>
>>94320410

She's a rich and famous personality with her own line of cosmetics, fashion items - including jewelry, purses, sun glasses, and sneakers. Her commercial for a diet soda was a huge global success, her clothes and accessories are all made in America with fabrics and material locally sourced within 20 miles of each of her manufacturers and she has a popular You Tube channel from where her fame came, where she give lifestyle advice to her peers.

One day, she wakes up realizing she can hear sounds she shouldn't be able to hear. She doesn't know why, but she can hear peoples thoughts and sense their emotions. The first time it happens in a tense situation is when someone is trying to hold up a liquor store across the street from where she is using an ATM machine. She realizes she can sense the emotions of the clerk but also the guy holding the knife. She walks over and talks them both down without realizing she meant to do it or that it would succeed. Essentially, she can help out without having to use force, or knows not to try where it's not going to work. She's doing all these things quietly, without notoriety, costume, etc.

Her secret shame is that her father wants to transition to another sex and voted for Trump.
>>
>>94321681
That's fine, you don't have to be creative to make good content.
>>
>>94321678
>Hidden Figures: The Comic Book
But I'll bite, what would her motivation be?
I didn't think this character would be exclusively for children.
>>
>>94321682
>THE THERAPIST
>>
>>94321729
Yeah, but I wish I was.
>>
>>94321745
>The The Rapist
>>
>>94321762
>Full On Rapist
>>
>>94321732
We could be boring and say that she has a hateboner for crooks. We could also say that a traumatic experience happened to her when she was young that gave her a hateboner for crooks. But then it's just Batman. I can't think of a good one right now
>>
>>94321841
I almost made a suggestion, but it would trigger the fuck out of /co/ because it has to do with "social justice".
I just wish she didn't need to be science based. I was envisioning this being a character for the internet, anybody could do with they want with her.
I have no idea what a good role model would be or do. Honestly, what superheroes are good role models besides Superman and Captain America?
Batman is a terrible role model. Spider-Man teaches responsibility, I guess.
>>
>>94321745

She's preventing crime, she's preventing suicides, more importantly, no property damage. She doesn't violate any vigilante squads, she's not motivated by revenge or vengeance, and not only does she defuse and help prevent crimes, she also helps the person who was about to become a criminal - who might have ended up in prison, leaving a son to want to break him out, become a super villain to support the family or any of the other rationales often used by sloppy comic book writers or live action/animated cape writers.

Therapists marginalizes what she can do, desu.
>>
>>94320410
regular middle class black girl finds out she has the ability to make people laugh uncontrollably at will. at first she doesn't know what to make of it so she goes to be a comedian shit happens as some group finds out about her power and wants to study it so she goes on the run.
>>
>>94321958
Shoot your suggestion
>>
>>94322092
I was just gonna say that a possible motivation could be her friend getting raped or kidnapped. I have no actual suggestion as to what a new set of powers could be. My entire idea originally was to make a simplistic fun character like Popeye the Sailor Man.
>>
>>94322122
That is a neat idea. Powers should probably come after personality
>>
>>94322181
Only personality idea I had was that she's anxious.
>>
>>94322237
Fire or ice powers maybe? When an anxiety attack hits, temp either raises or lowers
>>
File: IMG_2001.jpg (116KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2001.jpg
116KB, 1334x750px
>>94320693
>>94320793
Thing is black women have generally been portrayed with relaxed hair or weaves so it's become popular to portray them going natural instead, and that's fine, but lately there's been an oversaturation of black female characters with Afros, which kinda takes us back to the same problem as before. Personally, I think we should have more black girls in braids, be it those long ones or cornrows, anything as long as it's different
>>
>>94322255
Very generic. Superpower wiki is no help either.
We've got a character who's an anxious scatterbrain. I can't think of any powers that fit that.
>>
>>94322511
Maybe magic? There's not too many magic superheroes
>>
I once dated a black girl. I'm not particularly hung or good at sex in general, but made her orgasm a bunch. Seemed liked a scam and broke up with her.
>>
>>94322586
>Seemed like a scam
Are you mentally ill?
>>
>>94322608
just have commitment/trust issues, there's just no way I could be that good, it doesn't make any sense from past experiences
>>
>>94322557
Maybe she got the power to give wild toppy.
I don't know, maybe she shouldn't have a power. Maybe she's like Ryuuko and has a suit or something.
Popeye has spinach. It'd make sense if her powers were reliant on something else like a belt buckle or a special pair of panties.
Jem from Jem and The Holograms has the earrings.
>>
>>94322629
What does toppy mean?
>>
>>94322657
same thing as brain
>>
>>94320410
im not i like the look i cant wait for deadpool to get blacked
>>
>>94322557
Okay what if she had the power to bend reality but she didn't know how it worked
>>
>>94322708
But she would eventually figure out how it works. And then she would just be overpowered. Unless she had weekly amnesia.
>>
>>94322619
I don't know about our heroine, but you might've just come up with a villain, or at least an anti-hero: a black woman who starts out as a vivacious, happy-go-lucky person who unknowingly causes others around her to feel confusion and mistrust. Her lovers doubt her (and doubt themselves), people at work gossip about her, her friends all eventually exclude her, when she's shopping security follows her around even more than would they usually would an average black person. She progressively gets more and more depressed until she snaps.
>>
>>94322716
I meant to imply that she also couldn't figure out how it works.
Like this: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Reality_Randomization
Or a medium level reality warper that doesn't do things on purpose.
>Users of this can mimic animated characters. Users of this level of power are known for holding powers such as Cartoon Physics, performing a seemingly impossible feat (e.g. producing a mallet out of thin air). Some may be able to impose their laws onto others.
>>
>>94322800
Not a good idea.
>>
>>94322815
That seems pretty rad
>>
>>94320951
STOP!
>>
>>94322836
We've got it, then?
>>
>>94322297
This anon gets it.
>>
>>94322898
literately no black girls are going around in braids unless your in the ghetto though
>>
>>94322851
I think so, now we just need a name. The best I got is Reality Girl
>>
>>94322925
Real Woman
>>
Female Kraven the Hunter-like character but an anti-hero.
>>
>>94320430
Do you actually know any black people?
>>
>>94320771
That's just their hair, dingus
>>
>>94322938
Oh my gosh. Real Woman. I can't believe Real Woman saved me?
>>
>>94322925
>>94322938
Something simpler than that.
I'm too tired to think of anything though.
Her real name, let's give her something alliterative.
Like Chrissy Cleaver
or Charlesa Chambers
fuck I gotta go to sleep
I can't think anymore
>>
>>94323112
Charlessa Chambers is the best I've heard. And how about Warper. Good night, hope you see this is in the morning
>>
I liked the power granting panties idea maybe we should fit that in somwhere

Asia Ainsley for another name
Keanna Kendricks
Keanna Kachingwe
Destiny Douglas
Nyderia Nichols
>>
She can transform in to an animal like beast boy. But only members of the monkey
>>
>>94323249
Please make it a thong
>>
Her name should be Trillest
>>
>>94323276
Or the Realest
>>
Fuck off idea guy scum. Go back to your /coc/ containment thread.
>>
Tatiana Vissage
>>
>>94323264
Of course it's a thong and shes embarrassed by it

And give her a cool superhero name guys like
Hammer Horror or any Kate Bush song
Just consider what the public would call someone doing crazy shit like pulling hammers out of thin air and running up walls accidentally
something like Neneh Cherry
base her off of Neneh Cherry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsRz3TJDEY
>>
can she be based from Flint, MI
>>
>>94323338
>embarrassed
Maybe she's always been a little boojy and this is teaching her more about the modern black dilemma
>>
>>94322297
It's funny you say that, because long braids and cornrows were the oversaturated black girl hairstyle 10-15 years ago. Amazing how circular trends are.

>>94323112
Jaydee Jones.
Sunny Salinger.
Helena Hendricks.
>>
She removes her weave when she changes hero
Then having a fro
This represents an unshackling, empowering
>>
File: WIN_20170801_05_01_49_Pro.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170801_05_01_49_Pro.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>94323147
Drew another one
>>
>>94323249
>>94323264
>>94323338
No, make it a sling bikini. And she tries to wear a bodysuit under it, but that just makes it lewder.
>>
Perhaps some are familiar with the slang for outrageously proportioned women, I've often read in black magazines girls being referred to as toons
>>
>>94323439
I like this
>>
How about this:

It stars the (presumed) daughter of Shaquille O'Neil, who is supported by her tribal warrior ancestors and takes on the LA underworld.

Call it Shaqa and the Zulus.
>>
>>94321420
>a less obnoxious Tank Girl
delet this
>>
>>94323451
The Toon does have a nice ring to it.

>>94323482
That's such a horrible pun I'm surprised that wasn't a real cartoon on KidsWB back in the 90s.
>>
File: 1501221726816.jpg (38KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1501221726816.jpg
38KB, 400x303px
>>94322790
Here we go, not every black person is a thug living in the ghettos
>>
>>94321456
Her afro is like a bag of holding, a portal to a Pocket dimension, she Can put anything inside it and pull it out as she wish
>>
File: Muh_Fetish.gif (2MB, 415x255px) Image search: [Google]
Muh_Fetish.gif
2MB, 415x255px
>>94320410
I'm in love.
>>
>>94324482
They already made this joke in Austen Powers: Goldmember... and in a 1970s Pam Grier Blaxploitation film. She literally pulls out a gun from her afro and shoots white people.
>>
>>94324533
For Fuck sake, I thought I was original, never saw Austin Power before.
But I thought about something more crazy than just pulling weapon, a tree trunk, a car, a tank...
>>
>>94324161
Yeah, some of them live in prison.
>>
>>94324512
That gif really does make it look like she's watching an orgy.
>>
>>94324598
Yes, I know. It's glorious.
>>
>>94321262
I don't think Vivian really backfired at all, /v/ just decided it was cringey and shunned everything related to GG.
>>
>>94320430
Stop playing video games set in the 70s then, /v/.
>>
>>94322297
>there's been an oversaturation of black female characters with Afros
There really isn't. It's like 5 of them sprinkled over various media.
>>
>>94320410
>a character who's cartoony and outrageous, but emotionally endearing and not one note.
I hate it already.
>>
>>94324577
That is true but I assume you mean that in a offensive way.
>>
>>94320410
Just use Motifa. She is the strongest
>>
>>94324756
Then fuck off
>>
>>94321507

Here's the problem as I see it. You ask about creating a black character, most of the suggestions are the same tired things that are apparently the only things a black character can have.then arguments start because someone wants something other than the tired shit.

Yet with a white character no one worries about half this shit, they jump right into the creation process.

So you have to address whatever causes this schism.
>>
She better have a big ol thunder butt
>>
Couple of the posts in this thread made me think of this: >>94324858
>>
Masha Malone
>>
>>94320711
As a black guy I can honestly say that would be funny as hell. Not racist if you don't hate/dislike/feel superior to the race senpai
>>
>>94325018
Yeah, Garnet does it with her fro in Steven Universe
>>
>>94325018
>>94325018
>"Girl, hold my earrings"
>Friend comes up to hold them
>As she drops the tiny earrings into her hand the friend collapses like a rack of bowling balls fell into her hands.
>>
>>94321958
>>94322122
>possible motivation could be her friend getting raped or kidnapped. I have no actual suggestion as to what a new set of powers could be. My entire idea originally was to make a simplistic fun character like Popeye the Sailor Man.
The friend is a cartoonishly THICC stripper dancing her way through a compsci degree. (She real good at math.) She's a bit of a dim bulb, otherwise and keeps getting tricked / lured / snatched and put in human trafficking rings.

Real is constantly, frantically running around the city busting up gangs trying to track down her dizzy ass homegirl.

Cops are indifferent to/maybe might be complicit
with these crimes. Amused when the girl goes missing again and completely hands-off in her rescue... as long as it's only black gangs...
>>
I thought we already had /co/llette.
>>
>>94325768
/co/lette isn't black, tho.
>>
>>94325768
So?
>>
>>94320410
just looked this BITCH up on da net
sluts a fucking highschool teach!
woulda busta nut all o'er dat HO

seriously though, she should have just taught fucking elementary school kids. HS boys aint gonna pay attention to the lesson with that giga ass in the room.
>>
>>94326452
True dat
>>
>>94320410
Cyberbutt: like Medusa, but with butts.
>>
>>94326700
so medusa, but with a huge ass?
im game
>>
File: 1345825917844.png (47KB, 162x321px) Image search: [Google]
1345825917844.png
47KB, 162x321px
>A street urchin thief .
>Learns basic mechanics to be useful to homies. Mcgyver stuff n all.
>Tries to rob some mad science gang.
>accident happens.
>Gets Pyrokinetic powers & restance to fire.
>But if she overuses them, she transforms into a reptilian buff creature, think Killer croc or Sobek (from when Black Adam had a country).
>Gets fast healing, strenght boost & natural armour in that form. And involuntary rage as a weakness.
>Also maybe invisibility at night in huma form
>>
>>94326700
Sooooo, everyone who sees her butt turns to stone?
>>
>>94327033
>fire powers, hulk form, super healing and super strength

there's no theme here you're just slapping random shit on a character
>>
>>94327326
Yeah, too sloppy
>>
File: charcoal-1.jpg (174KB, 662x820px) Image search: [Google]
charcoal-1.jpg
174KB, 662x820px
>>94327326
>fire powers, hulk form, super healing and super strength
She's almost a female Charcoal if she didn't turn into a lizard
>>
So reality warping powers like a toon
Or illusion powers like Mysterio?
>>
>>94327899
She could actually have a salamander thing going on if you took out the super strength, what with the mythos behind salamanders and fire. You could even keep the super healing with that route.
>>
Domino should be black with a white spot. Like, you know, a domino. If she's white with a black spot, she's a die, not a domino.
>>
>>94328005
Seems more like a third tier x-man than a classic stand alone
>>
Misty Riaz
>>
>>94328060
Yeah you're right let's just give her the same old super durability and super strength, that'll make her stand out
>>
>>94322297
Fuck, I can't believe we have to be so careful about how some people style their hair.
Can't it be like, whatever?
>>
>>94328123
Nothing wrong with that. Just don't make her look like a hulking brute. Super Strength doesn't mean she will be tossing trucks like baseballs
>>
>>94323372
>>94328005
I really like the idea of going the salamander route and using the name Sunny Salinger
>>
>>94328257
absorbs and projects or exudes heat energy, can superheal by expending heat energy. I'd say make her rail-thin and eats constantly because she literally burns through calories and energy.
>>
>>94328322
Good thinking! I suspect her thinness will be hotly contested in about 3 minutes
>>
>>94328322
This idea is terrible
And not just because sticc
>>
>>94327033
I like her and Vulkan
Just have her not be the best at everything.
For example she can be an increasingly good mechanic (could try to up her tech to avoid having to use her dangerous power as an arc), but never reach near a Stark level or anything close.

If the Hulk form is there for a "dangerous power" theme, it may be unnecessary though. Fire powers can do the same as it own.
Anyway, it can be used as a not subtle allegory as she need to use and canalise her anger to do things, but not too much or she turns too destructive.
>>
'A' listers don't have elemental powers
>>
Make her rubber
>>
>>94320410
Here's a different pitch, combined from a few that I really like:
Alright, so black people like anime. Or at least I'm black (well afrolatino but whatever), and I like anime so obviously I speak for every black man in America. So why not give her an outlandish personality, something akin to Haruko from FLCL, where she's a Maniac Pixie but way too daring for her own good.

Make her a dancer, who's nimble and graceful. She has a variety of different dance styles, and each style comes with its own basic powerset that she has to mix and match while fighting in order to make the best use of her powers?
>>
>>94328632
Call her LoFi
>>
>>94328632
>So why not give her an outlandish personality, something akin to Haruko from FLCL, where she's a Maniac Pixie but way too daring for her own good.
I've been silently monitoring this thread, since I'm a writer, I'm paranoid and selfish, so I want to keep all my ideas to myself, but I had an idea similar to this before. I wanted to make something kinda like, "FLCL but with black people," which I think could be done. My character would've been like Haruko, but had a touch of Nicki Minaj to her as well, and this might be controversial, but I wanted to make her a tad sexualized as well.
>>
File: cringe eastwood.jpg (34KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
cringe eastwood.jpg
34KB, 480x270px
Threads like this make me think everyone in this board is not qualified to criticize any attempt at creative writing.
>>
>>94328851
A Nicki Minaj crossed with Haruko
Damn, want
>>
>>94328902
Gtfo with your crusty reaction image
>>
>>94320410
>no racism

Them first.
>>
File: IMG_0213.jpg (35KB, 368x821px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0213.jpg
35KB, 368x821px
>>94320410
>>
>>94328991
I've seen this... But where
>>
>>94328919
My dude.

On that note, if Hollywood ever made a live-action FLCL adaptation and they had to cast a black woman as Haruko, Nicki Minaj would be a good pick.
>>
File: IMG_0212.jpg (102KB, 383x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0212.jpg
102KB, 383x549px
>>94329000
It's Rosalyn, from the image comic tribe.
>>
>>94328991
>>94329000
Rosalyn from Image Comics' Tribe.
>>
>>94329021
Peeps don't realize Minaj is trained in theater first
>>
File: IMG_0214.jpg (45KB, 617x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
45KB, 617x800px
>>94329054
>>
>>94320410
>Posts picture of a happy black woman
>Expects all the new kids not to be unironically racist
You know exactly what you're gonna get it.
>>
>>94328730
Shit that's a good fucking name.
>>
>>94329085
She's a surprisingly good voice actress too.
>>
>>94322297
Tyler was right. He's almost always right.
>>
Once a normal high school shut in blessed with powers of an Egyptian sun goddess, Cleopatra fights crime alongside her feline friend and spirit guide.
>>
>>94329148
You can tell in her music that she is trained at enunciation and dynamic volume use
>>
>>94329133
She could have a pair of huge fucking headphones

Anyone remember the Shwan designs?
>>
>>94329217
Yeah, she's certainly talented, she just needs to make better music.

Her verse in Kanye's Monster is still the best thing she's ever done.
>>
Freaknik is required watching fort this thread
>>
>>94329296
I can understand not enjoying get style
But at least you recognize that verse
They all kill it on that song
Fuck, even Jay like brings the heat even heavier
>>
>>94328093
... get it?
>>
>>94329151
Scum Fuck Flower Boy out now, best Tyler album to date
>>
Call her Teflon and give her phasing powers
>>
>so we're creating our own public domain black female superhero.

Olivia. New York college student majoring in computer science and a fashion minor (an excuse for her knowing how to make a good costume). Olivia is pretty popular and is pretty normalfag but she's also huge fucking nerd and watches anime. One day while watching her husbando's battle shonen her apartment building is hit by lightning. She gets his powers somehow and he comes to life but only she can see him.

Imagine if Hikaru no Go or YGO was about fighting crime and super villains instead of playing games.

>>94329446
I've listened to it like five times now. It's great.
>>
>>94329362
I actually didn't care for Jay-Z's verse in that myself. Feel like the only who felt like it was just 'eh'.

Nicki's though...so good.
>>
There's several decent ideas here, but one of them needs to start gaining traction or they'll all smother each other.

>>94328851
I think this is the freshest and most promising one.
>>
I made this one chratcer Who I haven't drawn in a while['spoiler] who's black and has basic super strength but she aslo 4 arms her superhero/supervillain name is Hexa becuase she has 6 limbs
>>
>>94329469
Teflon is a brand name unfortunately
>>
>>94329554
Not all of that was supposed to be in spoiler text
dammit
>>
>>94329574
dems da breaks
>>
>>94322921
I see black girls with long braids tied back in a pony tail pretty often, though usually it's in a simple bun
>>
Still pushing for Flint home base
>>
>>94321324
This actually sounds interesting.
>>
>>94329446
AOTY desu
>>
>>94322921
I would consider my area fairly middle-class and I know at least four black chicks with braids
>>
>>94320410

This is just going to be Golden Girl with an ass instead.

.....So give her some fire powers.
>>
>>94320410
Most blessed booty
>>
>>94329977
Glad you like it, she'll need a supporting cast, villains, a source of conflict, and even motivation beyond 'wants to help people' - that's enough to set her on the path but to really push her she'll need some sort of tragedy.

Perhaps gramps is killed by an old foe of his, or perhaps someone else close to her dies in a random act of violence; gang warfare, fall-out from a superhero fight etc.

Or perhaps a martial arts-esque reason - she sets out to do some good, has some early victories then bites off more than she can chew and gets badly beaten - but not killed. Her foe mocks her for being weak, a hobby-hero etc and that gives her the determination to push beyond her limits, get stronger and beat him!

Just some ideas I guess, since the thread is about that.
>>
>>94330933
I like this because it sounds shonen
With a girl lead
Black people don't just love anime they love shonen
>>
>>94323370
what the fuck? Fuck you, that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>94330933
>Perhaps gramps is killed by an old foe of his
I'm just picturing a cross between the Crane Hermit from Dragon Ball and Stinkmeaner from Boondocks and laughing
>>
>>94323372
>Jaydee Jones.
>Sunny Salinger.
>Helena Hendricks.

Only "Jaydee Jones" sounds like an actual black person.

>>94323431
this is really good.
>>
>>94323451
>>94323482
>>94323656
No.
>>
>>94331357
Why?
>>
>>94331361
That sounds amazing
>>
>>94325018
>As a black guy
I'm black too. I don't want to do anything based in stereotypes.
And it's not really a new idea.
>>
>>94327992
reality warping powers
>>
>>94331531
I like that
>>
>>94331531
On a scale of Scarlette Witch to toon force?
Like, how would she implement them?
How do they manifest?
>>
File: Bmaly-mCUAEK23-.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bmaly-mCUAEK23-.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
Could care less about backstory or powers.

Just give me a black super heroine with a big ass.
>>
File: tumblr_orgcr0WzuY1rpzbo4o8_540.jpg (71KB, 1040x575px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orgcr0WzuY1rpzbo4o8_540.jpg
71KB, 1040x575px
>>94328632
>>94328851
>>94328919
>A Nicki Minaj crossed with Haruko
>So why not give her an outlandish personality, something akin to Haruko from FLCL, where she's a Maniac Pixie but way too daring for her own good.
>My character would've been like Haruko, but had a touch of Nicki Minaj to her as well, and this might be controversial, but I wanted to make her a tad sexualized as well.

OP here. This is almost verbatim the exact idea I pitched earlier in the thread.
>>
>>94331613
cheers
>>
>>94331457
Might've reacted too quickly there. What does wearing a thong have to do with the modern black condition?
>>
>>94331618
Yeah, Haruko keeps coming up, which makes me think she needs like a prop a la her bass guitar or bar
>>
>>94331678
*bat
>>
>>94331558
>>94331607
I don't know what Toon Force is, the idea was that she has no control of her powers.
See here: >>94322815
>>
>>94331674
I think the thong is just one thing she thinks she's too good for or something
Are you familiar with the term boojy(sp?)?
Maybe other black people think she acts too white, and really she isn't in touch with her local culture at all
>>
>>94331737
The toon force is the idea that characters like bugs bunny or even dead pool harness their reality warping fourth wall breaking abilities from done kind of central energy accessible to beings that are often literally toons within their own context
>>
>>94331737
It's "boujee" or "boujie".
And a boujee bitch wouldn't not wear a thong.
>>
>>94331713
>>94331820
Oops
>>
File: 22_269[1].png (478KB, 480x519px) Image search: [Google]
22_269[1].png
478KB, 480x519px
>>94320410
She should have herpes. The CDC says 48% of African American women have genital herpes. Can you think of any other fictional character with herpes? No? We need representation
>>
>>94331893
Back to /pol/
>>
>>94331678
>>94331695
>>94331820
>>94331867
So are we conflating the Nicki Minaj Haruko idea with the reality warper idea? Maybe a little Cardi B too, she's even more cartoonish than Nicki.
>>
>>94331264
I have no art talent but I do write sometimes. I could do something with this, but right now all i have is a bare-bones concept

>>94331361
Stinkmeaner as a villain would be funny
>>
>>94331936
You fucking bigot, why are you herpes shaming?
>>
>>94331988
I think they fit together perfectly
And Cardi B? Not familiar. Is that pic?
>>
>>94332024
Forget the forgotten people again
>>
File: Cardi-B-7.jpg (930KB, 1600x1605px) Image search: [Google]
Cardi-B-7.jpg
930KB, 1600x1605px
>>94332064
yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nFwjck_bY4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEGccV-NOm8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSwmSL80tOo
>>
>>94320410
I found this instagram model. Exactly the proportions for a character I needed.
>>
>>94331893
>Can you think of any other fictional character with herpes? No? We need representation

Given how most of marvel heroes have slept with one another it wouldn't be surprising that they didnt have some kind of std.
>>
>>94332249
They have superpes
>>
>>94332209
Oh nice, I'll have to look out for more of her
>>
Can we not make a sex hero?
>>
File: f505024691e11c7f77039c5e136beb9e.jpg (168KB, 707x1060px) Image search: [Google]
f505024691e11c7f77039c5e136beb9e.jpg
168KB, 707x1060px
A homeless black girl in Detroit volunteers for experimentation to get money to help her sick parent. The experiment radically changes her body into something like OPs pic.

What follows is basically Shanna the She Devil/Cavewoman in an "Urban Jungle". Scantily clad homeless garb strong woman jumping from building to building fighting packs of rottweilers, pit bulls and gangs of vicious crack and meth heads. Maybe throw in some larger plot of the scientist working for some drug dealer to make "super" thugs and the girl being the only successful human test result. But the dealer has super beefed up exotic animals. Anacondas,Tigers... shit like that.

This but with thicc black girl and guard dogs.
>>
>>94332505
It's /co/, that's not going to happen

The concept that "wins" is going to be the first one fully illustrated and colored with lewd implications. If this never happens, none of them will.
>>
>>94331613
can do

that is easy enough
and people will just care that her ass is "too huge" rather than her being a good character
>>
>>94332583
I eagerly await.
>>
Who is that thick and lovely shea butter goddess?
>>
>>94332543
I can get down with a lot of this
>>
>>94332613
OPs pic?

a fucking HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER!
why aren't people angry that she is too sexy?
>>
>>94332505
Where the actual fuck do you think we are?
>>
>>94332653
Yeah, i mean, part of the point is to have both, right?
>>
>>94332583
I mean, i do want her butt to be massive
>>
>>94332583
https://www.instagram.com/ravie_loso/

use her
>>
>>94332727
She fine
>>
>>94332543
>>94332505
>>94332572
We already have our idea.

>>94332583
What are you going to do? Are you an artist?
>>
>>94332688
i more just want her to know she has a massive butt, but everyone in the comic complaining about her butt and not that she just saved lives.

like, yeah, you saved those kids lady, but you gotta do something about that butt. its JUST not NORMAL!

cut to nothing but the news and social media talking about her huge butt and not her heroism.
>>
File: 1492970949673.png (142KB, 365x324px) Image search: [Google]
1492970949673.png
142KB, 365x324px
>>94332806
>>
File: thentheresthisnigga.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thentheresthisnigga.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
Outta the way /co/ fucking shits
>>
>>94332806
lol, that would be a good gag

'Oh my gawd, Becky, look at her butt'
>>
>>94332727
DAMN

and people say fucking comic heroines are too curvy etc etc etc?

jesus, this woman puts 99% of them to fucking shame.

>>94332804
just draw some shit, not a fucking amazing artist, but its something for me to try at least.
>>
>>94332804
>We already have our idea.
what is it?
>>
>>94332903
The Haruko-esque reality warper.fc
>>
>>94331613
>>94332583
>>94332688
>>94332806
>>94332856
My niggas

We need a superheroine like Power Girl, only she's known for her nice, fat ass

Can't wait for the Hollywood adaptation where her buttcheeks are as flat as pancakes
>>
File: martial_artist_female_114.jpg (269KB, 1000x421px) Image search: [Google]
martial_artist_female_114.jpg
269KB, 1000x421px
Expanding on kung fu/shonen black girl idea.

Gramps was learning kung fu in the 1970's, inspired by Bruce Lee films and took it up seriously.

Unfortunately for him, although he had the skills and even traveled abroad to learn his Dojo failed and he ended up working a bunch of semi-permanent jobs to support his family.

He taught his son kung fu, but his son (hero's father) saw what his fathers passion for kung fu had gained him - poverty and zero respect from his peers.

So the son resolved not to make the same mistakes and went to trade school, became a mechanic and eventually opened his own auto shop - but lets his father live with them mostly out of pity for the old man.

Our hero, one of several kids in the family was a wild and energetic kid, and eventually her father let her grandfather teach her kung fu for the dual purpose of giving his grandfather something to do, and to stop his daughter running wild.

She took to it like it was second nature, not just the physical skills but the chi mastery as well. Grandfather of course was delighted and tried to instill in her his original reasons for learning kung fu - black liberation, fighting the white oppressors etc.

Growing up in the modern era she sees things differently and sees racism as just one of the worlds problems - crime and gangs are a much bigger problem from her point of view and so she sets out to chase off the gangs operating in her neighborhood.

She enjoys some early successes against small-time gangs, but the first time she faces off against a real threat she gets badly beaten. This doesn't slow her down - she's more determined than ever to learn the skills she needs to take on real gangsters and threats.

So her grandfather reluctantly agrees to help her track down some of the martial artists he met over his life - she'll either study under them or challenge them to fights in order to learn what they can teach.

Traveling shonen hero takes a trek through american cultures.
>>
File: hiv-stats[1].jpg (13KB, 345x182px) Image search: [Google]
hiv-stats[1].jpg
13KB, 345x182px
>>94331936
It is a legitimate condition and the CDC says it affects 48% of african american women ages 14 and older. How is this racist?

Next you are going to say I am racist for giving Miles aids because 1/2 gay black guys in the USA will get HIV in their life time according to the CDC
>>
>>94332953
Hollywood definitely needs for big fat butts
>>
>>94332989
trump is treason
>>
>>94332925
>>94332953
>>94332980
So we're working on three different ideas, then?
>>
Mid-twenties, should work as a package delivery girl for some company called Sped-Ex(or some other joke name), because you rarely see that as a secret identity.

Powers should be something fun for the artist to draw and convenient enough for writers to come up with reasons why she would be having trouble in a fight, or suddenly able to come up with a winning strategy.

Maybe she has a Goo form, or she stretches? Or maybe she's just made of rubber. Something to where there can be pretty brutal fight scenes that she can just bounce back from.

Personality wise she should a female Simon Williams or Ollie from DC. She likes helping people, doesn't like how big businesses tend to hurt the small person, and is extremely aware that she is working for said big business.

Oh, and thicc.
>>
>>94323431
Ya'll went out there with the designs so I'm taking mine and leaving
>>
>>94333057
Those first two are the same i think
>>
>>94333057
well I'm the guy working on kung fu nigga - so far others have chimed in with occasional suggestions, but mostly this is me developing my own thing.

Nothing wrong with people taking things off in their own direction
>>
>>94320429
FPBP
>>
>>94333057
i don't have an idea other than "super heroine with a huge butt, fights crime and saves lives, but people won't shut up about her not fitting "the look of a heroine" because of her figure"
>>
>>94333141
I mean, that's all i want
>>
File: latest.jpg (579KB, 1168x1600px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
579KB, 1168x1600px
I had an idea of using the public domain hero Butterfly for inspiration. Keep her as a singer and have her live in some really shitty city. She gets killed witnessing a crime and the next day she comes back alive and climbs out of a cocoon jarred at the experience. Over time she uses this to try and help her city. She dies constantly in the beginning and develops gadgets as well. She uses the stage lights from the club to blind her enemies and the costume just for flair.
>>
>>94333141
Yes. People complain that she's not setting a good image for young girls or something.

Maybe a joke about the villains finding a pair of XXL jeans left behind(behind, lol), and they go around the city searching for women with large rear ends.
>>
>>94333086
Out there? What do you mean? I like this design.
>>
Alright big question.

Cape or no cape?
>>
>>94333224
No cape
>>
>>94333141
I'm fine with the reality warper having a big butt, but I don't want any of that other bullshit attached.

Guess we are all working on three different ideas.
>>
>>94333187
the joke is fucking that women don't know what they fucking want in a heroine, image wise

most women will be catty bitches about it because they aren't that shape IRL, so they get pissed off at it

all the damn time
>>
>>94333224
no cape or short cape

depends on the overall design
>>
Like it or not, just to let everyone know
I've seen how these things can go
Don't get too attached to specific or separate ideas because things can take on a mind of their own
>>
>>94333247
exactly, i am my own thing, not what started in this thread.

it usually never turns out like this.
shit never happened with golden girl
>>
>>94333330
Golden Girl has a lot of comics
>>
>>94320868
>A character with dancing powers. The more he dances, the more power he builds up. The power will however disperses if he stop dancing. So he must use the power in an attack during the dance routine.
With a good artist, this could be pretty legit.
>>
>>94333215
What you all are trying to do with it is making me upset, I'm the one who drew her/
>>
>>94333382
Upset?
>>
>>94333382
Who's trying to make you upset? It seems at this point we're all working on different characters.

The big ass fetish bait character has nothing to do with the reality warper and neither does the Kung Fu character.
>>
>>94333419
Haven't you been reading the thread? They are trying to make the reality warper the big ass fetish character.
>>
>>94333348
i know, but i mean of GG splitting into 3 ideas in one thread
>>
I'm telling y'all, the ideas don't belong to you anymore alone in threads like this
>>
>>94333491
No, they're not.
>>
>>94320410
for starters she needs to be louder, angrier than any other superhero and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever she's not on screen or in the comic page, all the other characters should be asking "Where's [insert character name]"? Three--uhhh I'll work in more later
>>
>>94333491
and this is why communication is key and having 3 ideas rolling off of one main idea is bad in a fucking thread full of ANONYMOUS POSTERS
>>
>>94333558
They will become one idea again soon I'm sure
>>
>>94333572
I don't think that's a good thing
>>
>>94333572
a big butt, reality warping, kung fu black lady?
>>
>>94333599
Actually, I'm all behind that
>>
>>94333609
heh

behind...
>>
>>94333599
Fighting monsters unseen by the city
>>
>>94332980
The travelling through different american cultures thing is a fucking cool idea. I need me some Appalachian assassins and Cajun killers.
>>
>>94333599
Isn't that America Chavez but black
>>
File: 1475687882216.gif (288KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475687882216.gif
288KB, 200x200px
>>94333654
>>
>>94333599
america chavez?
>>
>>94333668
Is that what she's all about?
>>
>>94333668
i have no idea what her powerset is, but i guess so, just her with a bigger butt
>>
>>94333599
>>94333609
>>94333660
No.
>>
>>94333707
Not thicc enough
>>
>>94333715
When well written yes

>>94333718
Go for it if you want, just write her well
>>
>>94333664
Well it helps deal with the credibility issues of having hundreds of threats/foes/martial arts masters in a single town.

Plus wandering the earth is a common theme in martial arts stories.

Only this girl is using trains and buses and has a mobile phone.

Her age will be a factor in her travels - if in high school she'll need to travel on the weekends, go to school during the week for example.

The main reason is of course to have her fight martial arts masters across the country all rooted in their cultures with different philosophies and fighting styles.

Such as: Appalachian assassins, Cajun killers, Luchadores, Knife-masters from crime-ridden cities, country-based wrestling masters, cowboy boxing champions, canadian/alaskan masters who fight on ice-covered arenas, the colorado mountain master who teachers her to fight on sheer rock faces.

Things like that, I'd need to study up on American subcultures to make it belieavable. Anyone who wants to show in a martial-arts-themed or combat-themed stereotype then please do!

Irish or slav drunken master, itallian boxing champ etc
>>
>>94333718
>>94333761
No.
>>
File: 1401569347054.jpg (395KB, 450x728px) Image search: [Google]
1401569347054.jpg
395KB, 450x728px
>>94332209
Black Jolyne Kujo?
>>
>>94333718
How do we make her different?
>>
>>94334037
>>94333718
We're not doing this.
>>
>>94334051
im doing what i fucking want, away from you guys
you go do what you want, enjoy

ill be over here, doing my thing =^)
>>
File: IMG_0039.jpg (39KB, 399x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.jpg
39KB, 399x423px
>>94320410
>Hero is a street racer in a Motorcity-esque stylized locale where underground street-racing scene is on the rage.
>Gets approached by a mob rep to take a dive after a strong winning streak going on with her ace custom motorcycle but refuses.
>Mob pays off her once-trusted mechanic to sabotage her bike's prototype engine to fail during the race.
>Motorcycle crashes and blows but the following energy burst from the failed engine changes her into a neon lit superhuman that can super-charge any vehicle she commandeers to do Flash levels of speedster bullshit.
>Goes on personal quest to deliver overthetop high-speed vigilante justice to the criminals that tried to have her killed.
The only thing I can't think of is a name.
>>
>>94334051
As long as the thread keeps getting made, someone will want to do something
>>
>>94334174
What the fuck are you even talking about? There's no reason to force these three unrelated characters together. We all obviously want different things.

A few guys want a kung fu chick.
A lot just want a fetish bait character.
And the rest of us just want a campy cartoonish hero.

It should all just stay separate.
>>
>>94334319
I'm honestly not sure what you are worried about
No one said that is definitely what will happen
Why would it? This stuff doesn't take place in one thread
>>
>>94334319
People with 'their own ideas' eventually just fuck off
>>
>>94334397
Well I'm still here
I guess
I don't know what you're saying
>>
>>94334355
I just really dislike those other ideas. And this thread has around 200 posts to go.
>>
>>94334467
When people care so much about their idea being separate, what usually happens is they just get left out or leave
Thats all
>>
>>94334499
Try steering things back in your direction? That's all you can really do
>>
>>94334566
It doesn't even seem like anybody is still ITT besides you me and this guy: >>94334542
>>
File: 1478817927664.jpg (87KB, 900x696px) Image search: [Google]
1478817927664.jpg
87KB, 900x696px
>>94321678
>not this shit again.webm

How about a black character that isn't a brick/electric/gadgeter but instead just happens to be smart in their day to day?

For example spider-man. Sure he built his own web shooters and side gear, but 90% of the time they stick with his main attributes physical attributes.
>>
>>94334751
Jon Stewart?
>>
She needs a solid theme
>>
>>94334926
Mix a personality in beyond "we wuz marines" and sure, why not.
>>
>>94334957
You haven't read a thing with John have you
>>
>>94334927
A little hard to do when there's like three separate ideas going on at once with no talks of potential compromise by combining aspects from what was previously pitched.
>>
File: 1477696834785.jpg (51KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1477696834785.jpg
51KB, 228x239px
>>94335002
Not since he was getting pushed in JLA cartoon.

If he is a full character beyond blown up planet, straight man. Then great, glad to hear it.
>>
>>94335094
It will happen
>>
>>94334927
>>94335094
I just want to work on the cartoonish reality warper. I thought we were getting somewhere good.
The Nicki Minaj Haruko Haruhara.
>>
>>94335199
I too like this one
>>
Mechanica.

Young girl from Ghana who wanted to escape her poverty-stricken life. She studied hard, and eventually managed to get a scholarship to an Ivy-League college. While taking an engineering course, she got involved in a mechanical accident.

Upon waking up, she discovered that she could talk to machines - anything more powerful than a pocket calculator could be manipulated by her. She quickly learned how to fashion armor and weapons from everyday machines, allowing her to easily fight with whatever's on her.

Along with fighting crime, she also spends her time moving around Africa, shutting down human trafficking and dictatorships.
>>
>>94335322
I made a strawpoll earlier to vote on her civilian name, but didn't post it because the thread seemed so confused.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13596775
>>
>>94335350
I like the idea of talking to heavy machinery
>>
File: 1492976658855.jpg (58KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
1492976658855.jpg
58KB, 529x529px
>>94335350
>While taking an engineering course, she got involved in a mechanical accident.
>Upon waking up, she discovered that she could talk to machines

This is fun and could be successful. You should do something with this idea, if /co/ doesn't. I like the shutting down human trafficking bit too.
>>
>>94335440
Didn't Heroes do that already? Not that I don't like the idea. I think it has a lot of potential. I could see this being like some Vertigo shit where things get really weird.
>>
>>94335147
Then why not start now? Take the devil may care manic pixie dream girl persona pitched by >>94335199 and set her in the campy 70's kung-fu flick world pitched by >>94332980.

Boom. You have a energetic martial-artist with a killer bod having action packed adventures that would make Bruce Lee proud.
https://youtu.be/WVgiu0p-qpU

>>94335350
This is a solid idea, anon. Don't let it die.
>>
>>94335673
That would be cool
>>
>>94335673
Fuck off. The Kung Fu shit is one anon's completely separate idea that has nothing to do with this thread or /co/.
>>
>>94336000
It doesn't really matter
Can't stop anyone from using themes
>>
Make her half mosquito with Morbius (Felicia!) hands and when she sucks blood it makes her ass bigger
>>
File: bruh.jpg (25KB, 253x420px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
25KB, 253x420px
>>94336000
>Martial Arts has nothing to do with /co/
You don't deserve those trips.

>>94336047
This.
>>
>>94336000
They probably shouldn't have been posting their ideas in a thread about making a /co/ public domain character
>>
>>94336114
lol, nice
>>
>>94336129
Call her Marlyn Margarine aka Ma aka Ma-squito aka Bug Bitch aka DAMN LOOK AT THAT ASS
>>
>>94336047
>>94336119
>>94336120
Just stop trying to force all the ideas together. Nobody wants that. It's unnecessary.

There can be two or three different characters that come out of this thread.
>>
>>94336327
And yet, there will be none. /co/ can't make anything, ever.
>>
>>94336327
Forcing stuff doesn't work
It just depends what people talk about
>>
>>94336372
You all are the ones trying to force something.
>>
>>94336348
Oh /co/ can make stuff. It's just that a grand majority of what anons here produce is either pure trash or fetish bait.
>>
>>94336517
I'm down for both
>>
Made of rubber would be fun
>>
>>94336931
How did that happen?
>>
>>94336998
Maybe she worked in a tire factory where they are working on a new rubber treatment, something that increases elasticity and durability
She gets stuffed in the chamber because she was napping in one of those monster truck tires
Boom, rubberized
>>
>>94335002
Man, I defend John in all the GL threads but even I can admit he's been pretty stale for a while. Hopefully this leadership thing and the coffee snob thing help a bit.
>>
>>94337167
I wanted you to continue the 4kids One Piece opening This is good though, elastic super powers are really cool and need more love.
>>
>>94330933
Maybe she accidentally humilliates the son or daughter of a powerful martial arts group, and then he tries to fuck up her life because of that.
>>
>>94337330
lol, i did think it
Yeah, i figured whatever people like more, hard bouncy durable rubber, or
Stretchy morphy rubber
>>
>>94337508
Hard and durable is hardly ever used
>>
>>94333868
I think she should be at the very least in college/university, that way she can have a credible background regarding her martial arts expertise, and allows us to let her wander the country(ies) and have her socialize in school.
>>
File: VnRabBQ.jpg (51KB, 754x729px) Image search: [Google]
VnRabBQ.jpg
51KB, 754x729px
>>94321435
I live in Houston and afros are rare as fuck. Fuck off.
>>
kek I like that one guy trying to control everything for no reason.But the martial arts hero sounds cool.
Hell all the black people in my family like martial arts movies and shit, while my taiwanese grandma hates violent movies
>>
Good lord if that woman ever needed a place to sit I'd offer my face
>>
>>94337968
>>
>>94337750
That's kinda what i was thinking
>>
>>94338033
Yeah that's why I want to see it
>>
File: 1500956037657.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500956037657.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>94337858
I'm in Wichita Falls, TX

Wichita fucking Falls.

And I see afros everyday. Get out some more.
>>
>>94338068
I think it would make for different battles.
She'd be really bouncy, and able to take hits and really dish them out. I imagine she could absorb at least the force of most any powerful motor vehicle
>>
>>94338124
That's stupid
>>
I like the idea of her having multiple superpowers- elasticity, mind reading, martial arts, etc. Like a kind of superman.

Someone give me reference photos I'll give drawing it a try
>>
>>94338161
Instead of a flying brick she'd be a bouncing brick
>>
>>94338184
What if we just let them be separate characters on a team. Each girl can even have a different hair style to appease anons
>>
>>94338220
Hell yeah, i think bouncing as flight would be a neat change
>>
>>94338184
She gotta have a donk
>>
>>94338253
Like an early Superman, how do you feel about the name Ricochet Rikki?
>>
>>94338378
It's not though?
>>
>>94338249
Could they all be clones/sisters?
>>
>>94338357
I don't mind it. Would that mean she won't have a secret identity?
>>
File: IMG_1807.jpg (47KB, 470x651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1807.jpg
47KB, 470x651px
>Name
Black Beat

>Alignment
Hero

>Alter-ego
Natasha "Tasha" Coleman; a famous indie music producer and artist who provides her own vocals and music

>Powers
• Musical prodigy
• Can absorb sound waves and vibrations (immune to sound based attacks)
• Can release sound waves as offensive weapons
• Photographic memory of music and artists
• Can play Most instruments
>>
>>94338249
>>94338445
>a team
>clones
>>
>>94338149
I see afros every day, but not as much as styled hair and weave. Your black demographic is around 12 percent, Houston is 25 percent. I see blacks much more often than you.
>>
>>94338445
Sure, super families are always fun. The name "Sister Squad" was floating around in my head. Maybe people can think it's because they're black but it's just because they're actually related

>>94338470
Rikki doesn't have to be her real name. Could also just shorten it to Ricochet
>>
>>94338527
I see a lot of braids and weaves in Flint
>>
>>94338547
Rikki/ricochet seems a little too close to DC's Rocket for my liking
>>
>>94338588
Yah, if you're white and do that, I'm just sorry...
>>
File: tumblr_orgcr0WzuY1rpzbo4o5_540.jpg (75KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orgcr0WzuY1rpzbo4o5_540.jpg
75KB, 1000x564px
>>94338547
>Sure, super families are always fun. The name "Sister Squad" was floating around in my head. Maybe people can think it's because they're black but it's just because they're actually related
>>
>>94338547
For sure
I was thinking Roberta for a real name
Lol, Rubber-ta
>>
>>94338602
>cuck city who SJWs (((they))) CTR shill tumblr /ourguy/ #triggered what did I mean by this
>>
>>94338622
I'm open to ideas then. I was thinking about Black Lighting and his family was enjoyable to see. The last part was just a dumb joke
>>
Can we sum up all the ideas in a single post pls?
>>
>>94338686
I think you need to lay off the internet for a few hours. Or lurk moar
>>
>>94338705
I don't dislike sister squad. I think we need to embrace camp. I honestly don't think the big two thinks too much about what's too campy.
>>
>>94338778
And keep it pretty toonish
>>
>>94338803
You ain't cool, or wise
>>
>>94338705
I just rather not have the reality warper associated with those other characters. My idea and objective for this thread was to create a fun character that anyone on the Internet could interpret and enjoy, not something that's completely tethered to /co/ and 4chan.

>>94338722
That's a good idea.
>>
Yes. Embrace the campy

People love camp, "realistic" capeshit doesn't age well
>>
>>94338722
>Kung fu lady who's grand dad was inspired by Bruce Lee in the 70s from here >>94332980

>hard rubber woman who's a bouncing brick

>tech girl who's from Ghana >>94335350

>reality warping as well
>>
>>94338837
How is that not what's happening? Being OP doesn't make you an editor or something. I thought how this worked was obvious.
>>
>>94338854
Agreed
>>
>>94338837
If that's what you want create an entry on the public domain super hero wiki.
>>
>>94338884
Then why can't you stop noticing my mcnuggies, senpai?
>>
>>94338856
this post isn't descriptive or in depth at all
>>
>>94338936
Actually, turning to PDSH for this thread would be pretty good.

Lots of great stuff to borrow from there, maybe Artist and STARDUST THE SUPER WIZARD could be members of her rogues gallery?
>>
>>94338904
>How is that not what's happening?
You all want to start a team and presumably a /co/ comic series.
>>
>>94338650
That works and fits well. Especially since people seem to want to embrace the camp
>>
>>94339014
If it's all public domain, it doesn't matter anyway
Things are bound to change
>>
>>94338980
I got lazy
>>
>>94339028
For sure. Nothing for a last name yet.
>>
File: 1501570299848.png (431KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1501570299848.png
431KB, 640x478px
>400+ posts in
>thread hasn't completely derailed into "OOGA BOOGA NIGRESS QUEEN" thread

Great job, anons. Pic related.
>>
>>94339104
Is it too on the nose to say 'Stretch'
>>
>>94339113
Wow, that cascade of vomit
How long have you been lurking? What year? Dare you reveal your power level?
>>
>>94339063
>>
>>94339148
I'm honestly surprised myself.
Let's keep it up and have more fun superhero ideas
>>
>>94339148
This is a fetish thread nigga
>>
>>94339148
I think /co/'s best feature is that we can have threads about black people with only minimal racebait shitposting.
>>
reposting, I guess.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13596775
>>
You're all just waiting for a generous drawfag to come by and draw a new OC waifu with a fat ass, arent you?
>>
>>94339219
You're a delusional retard if you think that's true, /co/ is one of the most racist boars on this entire site.
>>
>>94339178
Hmmm, i don't dislike it. Maybe it can be like one of the Disney names, where it sounds but isn't spelled that way
>>
>>94339181
Exactly?
>>
>>94339248
Its called bait numbnuts, /co/ is one of the easiest boards to bait. Racism is over at /pol/
>>
>>94339278
Obviously I care you stupid piece of shit
>>
>>94339234
Well yeah, i assume everyone knows that's part of the process. However you wanna put it.
>>
>>94339248
Nah, /pol/ sure tries to run their threads though
>>
>>94339286
>racism is over at /pol/
Oh boy
>>
>>94339301
About?
>>
>>94339261
What about keeping it simple and making her name 'Long'
>>
>>94339525
Sure, ambiguous enough, but still winky. Even keeping us in mind that she can still do some stretching despite her density
>>
>>94339566
You sound like a bitch using those words
>>
>>94339579
I bet she gets stretchier in hot weather
>>
>>94339611
He's not wrong though
>>
>>94339664
When we look at it like that, we are all wrong
>>
>>94339692
Holy shit
Spoken like someone who's never been there
>>
>>94339579
Exactly

>>94339634
That's be interesting for her powers to change with the weather
>>
>>94339692
We all know you we assigned to /co/
Scamper back to your containment board, drumphkin
>>
>>94320410
The black mom/white mom from Vine.
Mild mannered citizen by day, breaking her foot off in yo ass by night.
>>
>>94339452
About the character and execution.
>>
>>94339716
For sure, shed become harder but more brittle in extreme cold
>>
Get back on topic fuck pol
>>
>>94339721
Blah blah blah
What year?
Desu still happens
>>
>>94320868

I like the dancing guy. It's a bit racist, but it's a really cool concept.
>>
>>94339711
I go their for navass and it's shittier than I give it credit for

>>94339742
I'm just sick of "Go back to /pol/" posters. You're worse than the alleged /pol/ post
>>
>>94339767
So stop bitching and get talking
Ask everyone questions
>>
>>94339810
We all know what you /pol/tards are trying to do
>>
>>94339810
>effective censorship
>on tumblr
>>
>>94339816
I did, but was ignored. Jesus, we're going to need a new thread soon. We should compile an in depth description of all the characters.
>>
>>94339840
If /pol/ was trying to high jack the board I hope they succeed and drive people like you away
>>
>>94320410
Those of you who support blacks in movies are race traitors you should be round up and shot your ancestors wouldn't want this and neither should you
>>
>>94339892
>not wanting to COLONIZE
>>
>>94339884
>>94339892
Samefag
>>
>>94339810
So keep your shit opinions to yourself then maybe
>>
>>94339774
The best episodes of superhero cartoons are when they get sick and gain a new power. That would work well
>>
>the community of /co/ in charge of actually doing anything with their ideas
At most she'd be yet another waifu art character and nothing more.
>>
>>94339950
Hey, quite true. She should have some shoes with mad tread
>>
>>94339969
So?
>>
>>94339949
Yeah they really crack down on wrong think over there. Thank god for room 101
>>
>>94339971
Bitch, i ain't reading that
>>
>>94340015
Given the current state of the thread, it looks like it might not even become that.
>>
>>94340035
>implying you can read
>>
>>94340007
Are the shoes just for style?
>>
>>94340080
That's why you just keep going

Also, we need a reference for next OP pic
>>
>>94340121
Pfffft. "No u" political arguments can easily consume just about any thread, just because you allow it to happen.
>>
I leave for a few minutes and we've got shitposts upon shitposts. This thread only has a few posts left.

Can you all think up quick 1-2 sentences character bios? I'd do it, but wasn't paying attention. I got the reality warper.
>>
>>94340120
I guess i imagine sometimes she's going to be moving at high speeds, changing direction vet suddenly sometimes. They would be stylish, but for max grip i think
>>
>>94340146
Yeah, so?
>>
>>94340199
Things aren't looking bright.
>>
>>94340211
In one thread? Sure they are
>>
>>94340179
Would rubber giver her super speed?
>>
>>94340161
This gives a brief look. >>94338856
Just ignore any politics in the OP. Just say it's a continuation of this or something
>>
>>94340253
Maybe not super, but she would be able to bounce and use that momentum
>>
>>94340301
Yeah, don't mention dead pool
>>
>>94340161
At this point reality warper isn't accurate. It's more "cartoon physics/logic: the character".
>>
>>94340301
It's too brief.

>>94340365
Excuse me? since when?
>>
Roberta Long
Ricochete (Rikki)
Gained a body like hard rubber after an accident in a factory developing experimental tire rubber

(I think that's it)
>>
>>94340421
Yeah but you can fix it
>>
>>94340330
I guess. Wouldn't her body have that same ability
>>
>>94340566
Did you @ the right post? Which ability?
>>
File: IMG_6780.jpg (34KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6780.jpg
34KB, 342x342px
>>94321160
>Can't read
>>
>>94340543
I already said I wasn't paying attention to the other characters. I'm not making a new thread if we can't come up with descriptions.
>>
>>94340666
>>94340467
>>
>>94340467
Mechanica
Young girl poverty stricken girl from Ghana. Studied and got into a Ivy league school. Is able to talk to machines and can talk to machines.

_________
Girl whose grandad was inspired by king fu movies in the 70s and began to train like her granddad. Started to study because her family thought she needed discipline
>>
>>94320410
didn't even read the post all I'm gonna say is that I want her to sit on my face
and everything else
the audacity of dat ass
>>
>>94340666
This better?
>>94340713
>>
>>94340614
I did. Because her body is made of rubber wouldn't that mean she didn't need rubber shoes
>>
>>94340688
This isn't descriptive at all.

>>94340748
Sure, I'm gonna start making the next thread. Give me a few minutes.
>>
>>94340821
Wait until page 10 for that. The one about Roberta one is spot on. Maybe add "Powers change due to weather. In the heat she becomes more elastic and in the cold she becomes rigid"
>>
>>94340767
Oh, yes, i had thought of it, but it made me think that shoes and tires have treads for a reason. I wasnt sure if her bare foot would catch or slip
>>
>>94340909
Oh, I thought Roberta and Rikki were two different characters.
>>
>>94340991
It depends how much her body changed

>>94340998
Same person. Rikki was a thrown around alter ego
>>
>>94341066
I suppose the texture of hard rubber is sticky enough on its own
>>
>>94341113
That's a sad existence if her skin's constantly moist and sticky
>>
>>94341297
I don't know about moist
Rubber is less moist than skin
And her skin isn't literately tire rubber, i would think
>>
>>94341370
I was curious as too how far we were taking the mutation. It's also been a while since I've felt hard rubber
>>
>>94341429
For sure. I was gauging it myself too. I guess i wouldn't mind her being solid rubber, but i think it would alter her appearance a lot maybe? Making it harder to have a secret identity
>>
>>94341691
Yeah but it could be an interesting part of her character. Like Rogue but her skin is just weird instead. To avoid it she can just alternate forms maybe
>>
>>94341858
>>94341858
>>94341858
>>94341858
>>94341858
>>
>>94341828
Yeah, i don't mind that at all. Some character flaw and hardship. Perhaps just not discolored, also keeping her identifiably black.
>>
>>94322586
At the risk of sounding racist, I've dated several black women and all of them were significantly easier to make cum than the majority of white girls I've dated. Small sample size though.
>>
>>94329052
> Character designs by R. Crumb
Thread posts: 518
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.